Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-24-17, 10:20 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
You're pulling that pot shot your fantasy accusations inspired out of the context of 10 or so previous posts.
It was pretty clear why you posted this.

Quote:
but since you mention it, he did say that he only joined the service for the higher education money. I took his statements as viewing his service as something to be endured. Perhaps he was trying to troll about us "paying" his way to school, but he did write it.
Now you're trying to back off your intentions. Just own it. You'll still be a POS, but it won't be as pathetic as trying to backtrack.

Quote:
nice control group, Rasmussen
I don't think it would be a "control group." Sample size is probably what you were looking for. But either way, my intent wasn't to make a statistical model, it was to point out that you're claiming with the following statement

Quote:
those of us that actually understand the endeavor are offended
that you "understand" better than ronnie & termite, two veterans, what it means.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-17, 10:26 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Kevin‏ @kdvector Sep 23

I am a veteran and I served so that free speech will always be the forefront of American democracy.
#takeaknee #veteransforkaepernick
Quote:
Replying to @Surfpapi @dhookstead @DailyCaller
don't invoke veterans. we didn't fight for your football nationalism. #veteransforkaepernick
Quote:
Replying to @inawatiwirjadi @FoxNews @CLewandowski_
As a veteran, I will kneel during the anthem. #veteransforkaepernick
Quote:
Joe R, Jr.‏ @Superman_Is_God 5h5 hours ago

Served for 10 years. Deployed to Iraq & Afghanistan, so people can protest peacefully, & speak out against injustice. #VeteransForKaepernick
Quote:
William Andrade‏ @SirDarthUno 12h12 hours ago

I've paid more "respect" than most of you will ever conceive of. Do NOT tell me that #TakeTheKnee is "disrespect." #VeteransForKaepernick
Quote:
Black Shaggy‏ @odonlife01 21h21 hours ago

We have people who have never put on a uniform telling veterans about patriotism. REALLY ?
#TakeTheKnee #TakeAKnee #veteransforkaepernick
Quote:
Gavin Coble‏ @GavinCoble 12h12 hours ago

I didnt srv 4 the flag & natl anthem itself. I srvd 4 wut the flag & natl anthem represent #VetsVsHate #TakeTheKnee #VeteransForKaepernick
Quote:
R Sparkeey‏ @spargur_r Sep 23

Replying to @Soph_Clydesdale @TrbLind
That's why we served, to protect every Americans right to be free, to sit, stand or twirl in a circle. #TakeAKnee #veteransforkaepernick
Quote:
Covfefe Filange‏ @GreysGirl32 6h6 hours ago

Draft-dodging/No service civilians telling Veterans how they SHOULD feel about #TakeTheKnee is more disrespectful

#VeteransForKaepernick
Old 09-24-17, 11:10 PM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Do these millionaires even know any facts behind their so called social injustice ? According to wiki pedia their are nearly 39 million black Americans. 250 black Americans were killed by the police last year, 250 out of 39 mill. is a very minute number. Were some black Americans unjustly shot by cops sure, but so were some Hispanic Americans as well as white Americans. This is why we end up with a President like Trump because many people have had enough of the news medias made up nonsense.
Old 09-25-17, 04:15 AM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Do these millionaires even know any facts behind their so called social injustice ? According to wiki pedia their are nearly 39 million black Americans. 250 black Americans were killed by the police last year, 250 out of 39 mill. is a very minute number. Were some black Americans unjustly shot by cops sure, but so were some Hispanic Americans as well as white Americans. This is why we end up with a President like Trump because many people have had enough of the news medias made up nonsense.
The greater shame is that you are serious.
Old 09-25-17, 04:22 AM
All Ohio

sodbuster is on a distinguished road
Iwo Jima.
Old 09-25-17, 04:35 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
You've gone on and on at a strawman. I'm starting to wonder if you were the runt of the litter mentally, too.... I don't think most people are saying that they don't have a right to make the protest. They do.

Just as I have a right to think that they are ignorant and misled in the widespread racial bias of police argument, and classless in their choice of following Kaepernick in when to protest their imaginary complaint. It's that simple.
Old 09-25-17, 04:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post

Now you're trying to back off your intentions. Just own it. You'll still be a POS, but it won't be as pathetic as trying to backtrack.

I don't think it would be a "control group." Sample size is probably what you were looking for. But either way, my intent wasn't to make a statistical model, it was to point out that you're claiming with the following statement

that you "understand" better than ronnie & termite, two veterans, what it means.
I'm not backing off of anything.

If there is anyone that is backing off of something, it's you. You briefly touched on the sad political joke that this all is, when you referred to the fact that the complaint of cops' widespread bias against blacks as being a "myth". You've focused your energies instead upon miscasting the complaints of those that disapprove of the time chosen to protest by some. You're a piece of garbage.
Old 09-25-17, 04:49 AM
All World

Why Trump is taking on the NFL:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sport...=.73e13331a7c0
Old 09-25-17, 04:49 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
One person unjustly shot is too many, but he's right. There is no widespread racial bias. There are an ingrained problems in a part of a subculture that lead to self-destructive behaviors, and ignoring them or deflecting from them not only makes those problems worse, but creates another problem. You are "part of the problem" and not "part of the solution", sadly.
Old 09-25-17, 05:23 AM
All World

Quote:
One person unjustly shot is too many, but he's right. There is no widespread racial bias. There are an ingrained problems in a part of a subculture that lead to self-destructive behaviors, and ignoring them or deflecting from them not only makes those problems worse, but creates another problem. You are "part of the problem" and not "part of the solution", sadly.
And the solution is? Please tell us, since the great minds of the country haven't been able to figure it out. There are certainly problems with unemployment, crime, etc. in the black community. But to say that there is no widespread racial bias is naive at best. Your guy exacerbated the situation, and he did it on purpose to play to his base ( and everyone is aware of who is in his base). Yes, there is a problem; division will solve nothing, and those ( on both sides) who will not attack the problem are worthless and should be ignored. Black ministers and politicians should speak up against the crime, unemployment, etc. and not exclusively blame white people. On the other hand, the man who would be president cannot continue to foment the prejudices of his base. To deny the problem is more "the problem" than the "solution."
Old 09-25-17, 05:57 AM
All Yappi

This obviously cuts both ways. The kneelers offer no solutions. They merely protest a fabricated racial injustice, and refuse to honor those that fought for their right to be wrong publicly in the process .
Old 09-25-17, 06:28 AM
All District

nutsnbolts is on a distinguished road
Even the ny times said Trump suggested.

Trunp used the word "should".

Obviously reading isn;t the strong suit of some yappers.

I used to like the nba - no more - I found other things to do instead of watching that garbage that used to be basketball.
I enjoyed getting some outside chores done yesterday.

The language some have used and posted on here show the low IQ of many of those defending the 'protesters'.
Old 09-25-17, 06:46 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsnbolts View Post
Even the ny times said Trump suggested.

Trunp used the word "should".

Obviously reading isn;t the strong suit of some yappers.

I used to like the nba - no more - I found other things to do instead of watching that garbage that used to be basketball.
I enjoyed getting some outside chores done yesterday.

The language some have used and posted on here show the low IQ of many of those defending the 'protesters'.
Fire or suspend! That's a demand, numb nuts.
Old 09-25-17, 06:54 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
While the Ferguson shooting may have been justified; there was a pretty damning report by the DOJ that highlighted systematic racial basis by the Ferguson police force for years, if not decades.

https://www.justice.gov/sites/defaul...ent_report.pdf
Old 09-25-17, 06:56 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post

Yeah, weirdo came across as his usual jackazz self on here.
Old 09-25-17, 07:15 AM
All Ohio

boiler is on a distinguished road
There has been a decline in morality in America. A lot of our youths are brought up not to respect anything even authority. Unfortunately, if you don't have any respect for a police officer especially when he is commanding an order, things are not going to turn out very well.

Why don't these NFL'er put their effort in raising morality especially with the youths. We will be a better country as a result.
Old 09-25-17, 07:25 AM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Yes I am serious. Probably less than 20 people of all colors ( out of who knows how many were arrested ) were unjustly shot by the police last year. America is a great country full of opportunity for all people. Black Americans make up less than 13% of the US population yet we just had a 2 term black President, how many other countries have had a minority leader. Lot of Americans are just tired of this leftist agenda where the US has to apologize for everything. Make America Great Again !!! ( ugh can't believe I just said that )
Old 09-25-17, 07:44 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Funny, I always saw sports as a diversion away from the problems of the world.

I think Donald's contribution to the American football landscape should have ended with this-

Old 09-25-17, 08:15 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Absolutely. The more that conservatives are triggered by it, the more people are going to want to trigger them further.
Yep
Old 09-25-17, 08:34 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
My only opinion is that this has rendered my social media feeds more unreadable than usual.
Old 09-25-17, 08:38 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler View Post
There has been a decline in morality in America. A lot of our youths are brought up not to respect anything even authority. Unfortunately, if you don't have any respect for a police officer especially when he is commanding an order, things are not going to turn out very well.

Why don't these NFL'er put their effort in raising morality especially with the youths. We will be a better country as a result.
That's what I'm talking about....
Old 09-25-17, 08:42 AM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler View Post
There has been a decline in morality in America.
Proof? Or is this yet another bitter old man, "back in my day", post? I'm guessing the latter.
Old 09-25-17, 08:42 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
My only opinion is that this has rendered my social media feeds more unreadable than usual.
So, the fish is Charlie Tuna. Got it.
Old 09-25-17, 08:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Proof? Or is this yet another bitter old man, "back in my day", post? I'm guessing the latter.
You really don't have a clue yet, sonny. You haven't been around very long.
Old 09-25-17, 08:45 AM
All Ohio

The Dock is on a distinguished road
If every player that's taken a knee or visibly (and silently) protested the anthem since week one of last year were fired by their owners, then a lot of teams would be without a paddle.

The supply of players that are physically qualified to play in the NFL is already low. If the Raiders or Browns, for example, fired the masses of players that have kneeled, then they would not just be in a scramble to find qualified and willing bodies but also a fight to keep fan interest in their teams. Raiders can't afford to lose a Marshawn Lynch or Michael Crabtree and the Browns can't afford to gut the stable of recent draft picks and acquisitions just to satisfy our president.
Old 09-25-17, 09:16 AM
Junior Varsity

Wally22 is on a distinguished road
It looks like everyone including our Vets, have varying opinions on what's respectful, or not. My father-in-law is a Vet, and he finds it highly disrespectful. Even if you fought in the same wars, in the same fights, all of us will have our own opinions, and should, understandably be able to. Express them, when and how we want. I'm just not sure why liberals think they always have to be so animated about everything, and through it in your face if you don't see it their way.
Well if everyone that was pissed off about the NFL taking a knee during the anthem thing, just stopped supporting those teams. Stop supporting the NFL for how ever long it takes for it to hurt some pocket books, everything would right itself.
Don't watch games, buy memorabilia, listen to game broadcasts, anything that supports them, and those players.
After all "it's just a game" Right???
Life would move on without the NFL

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-17, 09:19 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Trump is just a jerk off who is throwing a bone to his fans. It's unfortunate that he's also the president of the USA, but oh well, life goes on for me.

Control what you can control. Forget the rest
Old 09-25-17, 09:19 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You've gone on and on at a strawman. I'm starting to wonder if you were the runt of the litter mentally, too.... I don't think most people are saying that they don't have a right to make the protest. They do.
That wasn't the point of his post.
Old 09-25-17, 09:41 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Trump is just a jerk off who is throwing a bone to his fans. It's unfortunate that he's also the president of the USA, but oh well, life goes on for me.

Control what you can control. Forget the rest
See you got your opinion out there. Right place right time.
Trump may be a jerk off, but I'm sure there are quite a few people that could argue that same point about you, and let me be the first to say, I know I'm not exclusive in that respect. To at least one or two people.
You aren't living in a glass house now, are you.
Guess you seem to forget that if you don't like Trump your obviously in the minority.
He wouldn't be President if you weren't.

Old 09-25-17, 09:46 AM
Junior Varsity

Reading all the endless drabble that you all keep posting is giving me a headache. But it's helped me come to a realization of why I probably have road rage every day on my way into work. I mean, one can only put up with a certain amount of stupid, folks.