Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-24-17, 11:58 AM
All District

nutsnbolts is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
There is a difference between not being politically correct and being manipulative and purposely divisive. He crosses that line every time he speaks to one of his "rallies." He's supposed to be the leader of ALL the people, not just of his little base of fanatics.
The minority of players that are kneeling are the divisive ones. Their kneeling shows disrespect to the flag and our national anthem.
Trump is trying to unify the country around our military and public servants - as a commander in chief should do.
Please tell me, how many of you think Goodell is a brilliant decision maker?
No more nfl for me.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-24-17, 12:12 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
I marvel at the mental disconnect displayed by those that cannot see how failing to stand and respectfully face the flag during the anthem is disrespectful to those that have served and died defending our flag. Especially the few actual veterans that are not angered by it.

Find another way to protest if you want your cause to be respected.

Know this - yes, it is your right to protest in any way you choose, but there are repercussions. Dishonoring the flag negates any salient point you may have to a large part of your intended audience. I think it's foolish and highly counter-productive, myself.
This has been explained to you numerous times before. It's amazing to me that you've either chosen to completely ignore it, or are too dense to understand it. Most likely a mixture of both. From the very beginning, it was explicitly explained by Kaepernick why he was kneeling. None of the reasons had anything to do with American service members. He actually came out and said this:

Quote:
“The media painted this as I’m anti-American, anti-men-and-women of the military and that’s not the case at all,’’ Kaepernick said, USA Today reports. “I realize that men and women of the military go out and sacrifice their lives and put themselves in harm’s way for my freedom of speech and my freedoms in this country and my freedom to take a seat or take a knee so I have the utmost respect for them."
http://time.com/4477383/colin-kaeper...-the-military/

Quote:
"I have great respect for men and women that have fought for this country," Kaepernick stoically said during a media session Sunday. He then turned to the actual purpose for his decision not to stand for the anthem: to protest what he believes is widespread oppression and brutality carried out largely by the police against minorities.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/08/29/co...-protest-49ers

So again, like it's been explained to you before, this has nothing to do with service members. You can argue all day about what his stated message is about(oppression, police brutality, etc.), but stop lying, and stop using veterans and members of the military as pawns to push your snowflake agenda. Because honestly, it makes you a huge piece of sh!t.
Old 09-24-17, 12:13 PM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Mike Tomlin sets a precedent that all teams should follow:
“We’re football players, we’re football coaches. We’re not participating in the anthem today. Not to be disrespectful to the anthem, but to remove ourselves from this circumstance,” he said. “People shouldn’t have to choose. If a guy wants to go about his normal business and participate in the anthem, he shouldn’t have to be forced to choose sides. If a guy feels the need to do something, he shouldn’t be separated from his teammate who chooses not to. So we’re not participating today.”
Old 09-24-17, 12:44 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Mike Tomlin sets a precedent that all teams should follow:
“We’re football players, we’re football coaches. We’re not participating in the anthem today. Not to be disrespectful to the anthem, but to remove ourselves from this circumstance,” he said. “People shouldn’t have to choose. If a guy wants to go about his normal business and participate in the anthem, he shouldn’t have to be forced to choose sides. If a guy feels the need to do something, he shouldn’t be separated from his teammate who chooses not to. So we’re not participating today.”
This is the easy fix for the NFL. Leave the teams in the locker room for the anthem. No more protests, no more bad PR.
Old 09-24-17, 12:55 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I marvel at the mental disconnect displayed by those that cannot see how failing to stand and respectfully face the flag during the anthem is disrespectful to those that have served and died defending our flag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
I was an American soldier and I don't feel as if it's a slap in the face. You don't speak for service members. Stop being triggered by nonsense snowflake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
I am also a veteran, I defend their right to do something that I disagree with; not a big deal.
Like clockwork, people who actually served their country like ronnie and Termite, display a level-headed take on the issue. While people who have never served their country a day in their life, like cabe, profess to speak for service members.

Thanks to Ronnie & Termite for your service. And I'm sorry some lowlifes use your sacrifice as a tool to censor speech they disagree with.
Old 09-24-17, 12:56 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This has been explained to you numerous times before. It's amazing to me that you've either chosen to completely ignore it, or are too dense to understand it. Most likely a mixture of both. From the very beginning, it was explicitly explained by Kaepernick why he was kneeling. None of the reasons had anything to do with American service members. He actually came out and said this:

So again, like it's been explained to you before, this has nothing to do with service members. You can argue all day about what his stated message is about(oppression, police brutality, etc.), but stop lying, and stop using veterans and members of the military as pawns to push your snowflake agenda. Because honestly, it makes you a huge piece of sh!t.
The kneeling is what it is...disrespectful but their right. I'm offended by the agenda being pushed...that blacks are oppressed, America is an inherently racist nation, and cops are out to kill black people.

This false message is being filtered down to the youth who will grow up to hate their country, police and white people which makes for a dangerous and dark future.
Old 09-24-17, 01:27 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
The kneeling is what it is...disrespectful but their right.
Disrespectful to who and to what, out of curiosity?
Old 09-24-17, 01:41 PM
All Region

Username1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
This is the easy fix for the NFL. Leave the teams in the locker room for the anthem. No more protests, no more bad PR.
Agreed.
Old 09-24-17, 02:23 PM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Hate the Steelers but have a lot of respect for former Army Ranger Alejandro Villanueva.
Old 09-24-17, 02:26 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
They didn’t die defending a flag, they died defending the freedom and liberties afforded by the country. I marvel that people like you fail to see the irony here.

It's a symbol, of course. I guess you missed this part - "...yes, it is your right to protest in any way you choose, but there are repercussions. Dishonoring the flag negates any salient point you may have to a large part of your intended audience.."

I'd expect that you'll leave your hat on and continue a phone conversation through the anthem, you self-absorbed tw@t.
Old 09-24-17, 02:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

dude, you're lucky if your drug-addled brain can distinguish your azz from your elbow
Old 09-24-17, 02:31 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post

Like clockwork, people who actually served their country like ronnie and Termite, display a level-headed take on the issue. While people who have never served their country a day in their life, like cabe, profess to speak for service members.

Thanks to Ronnie & Termite for your service. And I'm sorry some lowlifes use your sacrifice as a tool to censor speech they disagree with.
No one wants to censor any free speech, dimwit

Well, of course they can kneel. They have the right to burn the flag in protest if they wish.

I'm done with them, either way.
Old 09-24-17, 02:42 PM
All Region

Quote:

It's a symbol, of course. I guess you missed this part - "...yes, it is your right to protest in any way you choose, but there are repercussions. Dishonoring the flag negates any salient point you may have to a large part of your intended audience.."

I'd expect that you'll leave your hat on and continue a phone conversation through the anthem, you self-absorbed tw@t.
So when someone doesn't stand for the anthem, ep n boys say it's just a flag relax. But when it's the confederate flag.....oh sht! That has to be ripped to shreds and torn down. So either all flags are symbolic or none are.
Old 09-24-17, 02:47 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
dude, you're lucky if your drug-addled brain can distinguish your azz from your elbow
what a response, but no surprise.
Old 09-24-17, 02:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
No one wants to censor any free speech, dimwit

Well, of course they can kneel. They have the right to burn the flag in protest if they wish.

I'm done with them, either way.
Trump does.
Old 09-24-17, 02:48 PM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
I would like to know where all this social injustice is at ? According to Huffington magazine a liberal web site 968 Americans out of a population of over 300 million people were killed by cops last year. Of those 968 people 250 were black Americans. Compare that to Chicago where over a thousand black youths are killed every year by other black youths. Why aren't these millionaire jocks upset about that.
Old 09-24-17, 02:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
So when someone doesn't stand for the anthem, ep n boys say it's just a flag relax. But when it's the confederate flag.....oh sht! That has to be ripped to shreds and torn down. So either all flags are symbolic or none are.
Of course I never said the flag wasn’t symbolic. I never advocated ripping the US flag to shreds and of course no one is doing that here. Sounds like you just argued against your position on the confederate flag, so thanks.
Old 09-24-17, 02:49 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
I would like to know where all this social injustice is at ? According to Huffington magazine a liberal web site 968 Americans out of a population of over 300 million people were killed by cops last year. Of those 968 people 250 were black Americans. Compare that to Chicago where over a thousand black youths are killed every year by other black youths. Why aren't these millionaire jocks upset about that.
Because it's all bs fake whining. Only morons believe this crap...mostly liberals.
Old 09-24-17, 03:12 PM
All Region

Quote:
Of course I never said the flag wasn’t symbolic. I never advocated ripping the US flag to shreds and of course no one is doing that here. Sounds like you just argued against your position on the confederate flag, so thanks.
Flags don't bother me. But I do have enough class to appreciate the American flag and show respect towards it.
Old 09-24-17, 03:24 PM
Junior Varsity

Wally22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Trump does.
Only FAKE SPEECH. Let me guess, you probably think we should nock down Mount Rushmore too, CNN

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-17, 03:25 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Trump does.
Trump said to censor free speech ? You'll have to quote that one for me. Advocating for a counter-protest by fans or suspension from the owners is not silencing them.

Repercussions....remember ? That is always the argument from the left for punishing "insensitive" speech.
Old 09-24-17, 03:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Flags don't bother me. But I do have enough class to appreciate the American flag and show respect towards it.
"...does that star-spangled banner yet wave ?"

These dorks probably never even contemplated the lyrics.....
Old 09-24-17, 03:30 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wally22 View Post
Only FAKE SPEECH. Let me guess, you probably think we should nock down Mount Rushmore too, CNN

Ever wonder why liberals fight so hard to give everyone a free education.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with getting as many young people as possible indoctrinated to their liberal agenda, in their liberal college's, by all their liberal professors. Sounds a little Hitleresque to me boys.

Old 09-24-17, 03:32 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Right. Kaep chooses to ignore the purpose and the message of the anthem when Americans assemble at a sporting event because he cares more about his cause than honoring our past COMBAT veterans through a 4 minute song.
Old 09-24-17, 03:33 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Ever wonder why liberals fight so hard to give everyone a free education.
I'm sure it has nothing to do with getting as many young people as possible indoctrinated to their liberal agenda, in their liberal college's, by all their liberal professors. Sounds a little Hitleresque to me boys.

you're responding to yourself ? wassup here ?
Old 09-24-17, 03:39 PM
Junior Varsity

In my opinion if you don't like what America is and it's people and the flag we fly as a symbol of it freedom. Then pack your bleepin bags, and take your selfish sorry biscuits to any other country in the world, and see how your attitudes, and opinions work out there.

Old 09-24-17, 03:47 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
No you don’t.
Old 09-24-17, 03:48 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

Great post Wally.
Old 09-24-17, 03:49 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Trump said to censor free speech ? You'll have to quote that one for me. Advocating for a counter-protest by fans or suspension from the owners is not silencing them.

Repercussions....remember ? That is always the argument from the left for punishing "insensitive" speech.
As president he is demanding the nfl suspend and fire players. Yeah, pretty much.
Old 09-24-17, 04:01 PM
All Region

Quote:
No you don’t.
Ep you know I got mass amounts of class. Quit trippin yo.