Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-23-17, 03:58 PM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Trump rips NFL

Pres. Trump rips NFL players who disrespect the Flag by kneeling during the playing of the national anthem. Says fans should get up and leave the stadium when this happen. Not a fan of Trump but he did say what most politicians are afraid to say, and I agree with him. Did not think it was possible but the NFL and the players are going to kill the goose that laid the golden egg. The owners and players have forgotten who made them millionaires: the fans.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-17, 05:48 PM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Maybe he should heed the advice he gave to his predecessor:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...65483303923712

We have so many more problems that need attention . This is a non-issue; merely more fodder for his base. How about working on real issues?
Old 09-23-17, 06:34 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Maybe he should heed the advice he gave to his predecessor:

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/...65483303923712

We have so many more problems that need attention . This is a non-issue; merely more fodder for his base. How about working on real issues?
Really? It is a non-issue that spoiled millionaires disrespect the flag. A Flag that Americans soldiers died to defend so you can sit in your air condition home and do whatever you please. Every time they do it is a slap in the face to the American soldier.
Old 09-23-17, 07:06 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Yeah, it really is a non-issue.
Old 09-23-17, 07:21 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Stirred not Shaken definitely sounds triggered
Old 09-23-17, 07:35 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Yeah, it really is a non-issue.
No its not. A lot of Americans have had relatives serve in the military and it is more than just a piece of cloth to be disrespected by spoiled millionaires who no nothing about the sacrifice ( or don't care ) about young people serving their country who died so they can enjoy freedom and make millions playing a game.
Old 09-23-17, 09:11 PM
All Ohio

sodbuster is on a distinguished road
If those players don't want to show respect and have morals, keep your sorry butts in the locker room. Thank you DT for saying what the majority think.
Old 09-23-17, 09:32 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Really? It is a non-issue that spoiled millionaires disrespect the flag. A Flag that Americans soldiers died to defend so you can sit in your air condition home and do whatever you please. Every time they do it is a slap in the face to the American soldier.
I was an American soldier and I don't feel as if it's a slap in the face. You don't speak for service members. Stop being triggered by nonsense snowflake.
Old 09-23-17, 10:17 PM
All Yappi

Guys like shake rattled and rolled, as well as trump are just creating more kneelers by making it a big deal. Good job!
Old 09-23-17, 10:30 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Absolutely. The more that conservatives are triggered by it, the more people are going to want to trigger them further.
Old 09-24-17, 06:26 AM
All Yappi

Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
I was an American soldier and I don't feel as if it's a slap in the face. You don't speak for service members. Stop being triggered by nonsense snowflake.
I am also a veteran, I defend their right to do something that I disagree with; not a big deal.
Old 09-24-17, 06:33 AM
All World

Quote:
Have you spoken up against these uses of the flag? Seems much more disrespectful.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000009

d) "The flag should never be used as wearing apparel, bedding, or drapery. "

https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...hing+for+women
https://www.bing.com/images/search?q...lothes+for+men

Last edited by tom 48; 09-24-17 at 06:57 AM..
Old 09-24-17, 08:16 AM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
Any advice for who I should start in my Fantasy Kneeling League today?

Up in the air between the Seahawks defense and Browns defense.
Old 09-24-17, 09:01 AM
All American

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Termite2 View Post
I am also a veteran, I defend their right to do something that I disagree with; not a big deal.
Best comment of the day ... people have a right to voice their opinions ... both sides.
Old 09-24-17, 09:04 AM
All Yappi

Why would anyone give a likely Russian colluder and an obvious draft dodger like Trump any credibility on patriotism anyway?
Old 09-24-17, 09:25 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
First I want to thank you for your service in the military and although I did not serve I had two brothers who did, one in Vietnam another in Germany and my dad who served in WW2. My brothers and I would say the vast majority of military people would have a different view point than you.
Old 09-24-17, 09:28 AM
All Yappi

My brother, father, and uncles served and they agree with Ronnie and Termite it’s not a big deal. They agree the vast majority of veterans aren’t thin skinned whiny babies about the subject.
Old 09-24-17, 09:29 AM
All American

If these millionaires are so upset about social injustice why don't they donate their time and paychecks to groups who work on such issues ? Back up their kneeling with their money.
Old 09-24-17, 09:38 AM
All American

Quote:
Why would anyone give a likely Russian colluder and an obvious draft dodger like Trump any credibility on patriotism anyway?
I will agree with you on that . Trust me when Trump ran for President in the Republican primaries I was very critical of him on the JJ Huddle political forum. However Trump is not afraid to be politically incorrect which is one thing I do like about him.
Old 09-24-17, 09:53 AM
All World

Quote:
I will agree with you on that . Trust me when Trump ran for President in the Republican primaries I was very critical of him on the JJ Huddle political forum. However Trump is not afraid to be politically incorrect which is one thing I do like about him.
There is a difference between not being politically correct and being manipulative and purposely divisive. He crosses that line every time he speaks to one of his "rallies." He's supposed to be the leader of ALL the people, not just of his little base of fanatics.

Last edited by tom 48; 09-24-17 at 10:41 AM..
Old 09-24-17, 10:08 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
If these millionaires are so upset about social injustice why don't they donate their time and paychecks to groups who work on such issues ? Back up their kneeling with their money.
Who says they don’t? Kaep definitely has.
Old 09-24-17, 10:30 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
I marvel at the mental disconnect displayed by those that cannot see how failing to stand and respectfully face the flag during the anthem is disrespectful to those that have served and died defending our flag. Especially the few actual veterans that are not angered by it.

Find another way to protest if you want your cause to be respected.

Know this - yes, it is your right to protest in any way you choose, but there are repercussions. Dishonoring the flag negates any salient point you may have to a large part of your intended audience. I think it's foolish and highly counter-productive, myself.
Old 09-24-17, 10:44 AM
All World

ESPN commentator Stephen A. Smith referenced Currant’s report during a segment on 14 September 2016, adding a “paid patriotism” element to the mix:

The players were moved to the field during the national anthem because it was seen as a marketing strategy to make the athletes look more patriotic. The United States Department of Defense paid the National Football League $5.4 million between 2011 and 2014, and the National Guard [paid] $6.7 million between 2013 and 2015 to stage on-field patriotic ceremonies as part of military recruitment budget-line items.

http://www.snopes.com/nfl-sideline-anthem/
Old 09-24-17, 11:03 AM
All Ohio

boiler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That would be Hilliary as the colluder and Bill as the draft dodger. You probably don't even know what Hilliary did for the Russians.
Old 09-24-17, 11:06 AM
All Ohio

I say fine the sob's and give the money to the Wounded Warrior fund. Trump was elected because he spoke for many Americans who are fed up with all this bs.
Old 09-24-17, 11:06 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler View Post
That would be Hilliary as the colluder and Bill as the draft dodger. You probably don't even know what Hilliary did for the Russians.
I’m no Hillary fan. But nice “what about Hillary” response.
Old 09-24-17, 11:10 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
I marvel at the mental disconnect displayed by those that cannot see how failing to stand and respectfully face the flag during the anthem is disrespectful to those that have served and died defending our flag. Especially the few actual veterans that are not angered by it.

Know this - yes, it is your right to protest in any way you choose, but there are repercussions. Dishonoring the flag negates any salient point you may have to a large part of your intended audience. I think it's foolish and highly counter-productive, myself.
They didn’t die defending a flag, they died defending the freedom and liberties afforded by the country. I marvel that people like you fail to see the irony here.
Old 09-24-17, 11:19 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler View Post
I say fine the sob's and give the money to the Wounded Warrior fund. Trump was elected because he spoke for many Americans who are fed up with all this bs.
The NFL and the owners obviously don’t agree. So now what?
Old 09-24-17, 11:29 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
The NFL and the owners obviously don’t agree. So now what?
Looks like the "lose - lose" solution is stay in the locker room.
Old 09-24-17, 11:58 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post

Very well said. Their is an old saying one that the NFL does not respect. The customer is never wrong.