Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 09-14-17, 10:56 AM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 33,838
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Just because some hits against your team didn't result in fines doesn't mean the Steelers are the NFL's pet team.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #62  
Old 09-14-17, 11:02 AM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 33,838
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
This post is spot on. We've seen this from the Browns. Promising start from a young qb. Close loss to a good team. Optimism for an improved season. After week 8 they'll be 3-5 " but with a couple of breaks we could've been 5-3 or 6-2". Come January they'll be 4-12 looking forward to the 2018 draft class.

This ain't college football where style points count. A win on the road against a divisional foe is a win. Bell won't be invisible again this year. Either Eli or Martavis will be a solid #2. Loved the 7 sacks, don't care if it's against the Browns or patriots.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
Exactly. It isn't like CFB/HS where one of the top teams should just demolish a lower tier team even if they play poorly.

Browns are professional athletes as well and Ill take any win on the road, especially in the division and just look at their early season games over the years....so many close losses where they were "just a few plays away" from winning.

Browns fans QQing that the steelers are so overrated because they barely beat them...........I bet they wish one day bengals fans would call the Browns overrated because they only beat the lowly bengals by 3 pts on the road!

Run games tend to take a little longer to develop in season because of the lack of contact in practice and preseason they aren't playing much or sitting out like LevBell. Itll take a few games before the running attack can improve typically.
I really hate this sort of apologetics.

There are elite teams and bad teams in the NFL and the gap between them is multiple scores. The Browns are a max 6 or 7 wins team, while the Steelers, talent-wise, are a 14-2, 13-3 type of team. The game should not have been within 14 points. Anyone who fails to accept that game for the failure it was is simply delusional.
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 09-14-17, 11:14 AM
jtk jtk is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Location: BC>NVA>SLIDE
Posts: 6,538
jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Just because some hits against your team didn't result in fines doesn't mean the Steelers are the NFL's pet team.
LOL.......your the only steeler fan, defending the ankle twist of a player laying on the ground.......LOL

btw, im not a browns fan....what part of IDGAF about the browns didn't you get?

jtk
()
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 09-14-17, 11:15 AM
jtk jtk is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-16-05
Location: BC>NVA>SLIDE
Posts: 6,538
jtk has a little shameless behaviour in the past
just for comprehension, what im talking about being fined/punished wasn't a hit.......

jtk
()
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 09-14-17, 11:16 AM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 33,838
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
I'm not defending anything. I actually mentioned the team's lack of discipline on Sunday as something I disliked. It's just ridiculous to think the Steelers are given preferential treatment by the league.
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 09-14-17, 11:50 AM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 2,851
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
I'm not defending anything. I actually mentioned the team's lack of discipline on Sunday as something I disliked. It's just ridiculous to think the Steelers are given preferential treatment by the league.
Honestly, The Steelers..tell that to Bryant, Shazier, Mitchell, Bell et al. There is no favoritism. They had 14 penalties Sunday. What Shazier did was stupid. Probably deserves a fine in today's NFL but certainly not a suspension,
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 09-14-17, 10:26 PM
nupanther nupanther is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-24-10
Location: Youngstown
Posts: 735
nupanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
I really hate this sort of apologetics.

There are elite teams and bad teams in the NFL and the gap between them is multiple scores. The Browns are a max 6 or 7 wins team, while the Steelers, talent-wise, are a 14-2, 13-3 type of team. The game should not have been within 14 points. Anyone who fails to accept that game for the failure it was is simply delusional.
Just did a quick look at the 2016 season. The patriots beat the Jets by 5. The Falcons LOST to San Diego. Elite teams barely beating or losing to bad teams in the NFL. isn't uncommon. I'm not say8ng it was a good performance by Pittsburgh. I'm saying it's not some crystal ball of things to come. No such thing as an ugly win in the pros. Unless it's week 17 and you need to win by a certain amount for a tie breaker.

However, your point on the undisciplined penalties is correct. Too many times Tomlin will say " well get that fixed-i promise you." And they do the same crap the next week. I foresee I big offensive game this week at Heinz
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 09-15-17, 07:00 AM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,406
Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk View Post
lol.......what are you blabbering about now.........IDGAF about the browns or questionable hits. i'm saying the nfl gives free passes to certain teams/players. you can honestly tell us that what suh did a few years ago and was fined/suspended for was any different than what ben did on sunday?

jtk
()
i can honestly say it was nowhere near what Suh did and if you think it anywhere near the same, you are delusional.
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 09-15-17, 07:02 AM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,406
Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
I really hate this sort of apologetics.

There are elite teams and bad teams in the NFL and the gap between them is multiple scores. The Browns are a max 6 or 7 wins team, while the Steelers, talent-wise, are a 14-2, 13-3 type of team. The game should not have been within 14 points. Anyone who fails to accept that game for the failure it was is simply delusional.
did you happen to watch any other NFL game this past weekend? did you see the kind of football that some of those "elite" teams were playing?

it happened EVERYWHERE.

nice try, though. the gap is way closer than you're making it out to be.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 09-15-17, 07:02 AM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,406
Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtk View Post
LOL.......your the only steeler fan, defending the ankle twist of a player laying on the ground.......LOL

btw, im not a browns fan....what part of IDGAF about the browns didn't you get?

jtk
()
the guy was standing upright.
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 09-15-17, 01:53 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 33,838
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
did you happen to watch any other NFL game this past weekend? did you see the kind of football that some of those "elite" teams were playing?

it happened EVERYWHERE.

nice try, though. the gap is way closer than you're making it out to be.
Ffs. Quit making excuses.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 09-18-17, 02:15 AM
thavoice thavoice is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Posts: 6,061
thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
I really hate this sort of apologetics.

There are elite teams and bad teams in the NFL and the gap between them is multiple scores. The Browns are a max 6 or 7 wins team, while the Steelers, talent-wise, are a 14-2, 13-3 type of team. The game should not have been within 14 points. Anyone who fails to accept that game for the failure it was is simply delusional.
This isn't college or HS. The elite NFL teams arent going to route opponents by 28-45 points each week.

A win is a win, and on the road in the division to boot.
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 09-18-17, 06:42 AM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,406
Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Ffs. Quit making excuses.
it's not an excuse.

it's just a fact.
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 09-18-17, 09:13 AM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 33,838
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
It is an excuse. Absolutely.
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 09-18-17, 09:15 AM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 33,838
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
This isn't college or HS. The elite NFL teams arent going to route opponents by 28-45 points each week.

A win is a win, and on the road in the division to boot.
No one said anything about 28-45 points.

Sorry but no. Performance matters. Struggling to beat a bad team is never a good sign.
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 09-24-17, 01:30 PM
Username1 Username1 is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 09-13-17
Posts: 662
Username1 is on a distinguished road
Lol Cooper.
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 09-24-17, 04:20 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 33,838
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Another Tomlin special. Saw that coming when the schedule came out
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 09-24-17, 10:56 PM
SportsGenius SportsGenius is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-04-13
Posts: 2,210
SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Another Tomlin special. Saw that coming when the schedule came out
Of course you did
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 09-24-17, 11:12 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 33,838
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Of course you didn't
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 09-25-17, 06:19 PM
SportsGenius SportsGenius is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-04-13
Posts: 2,210
SportsGenius is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Of course you didn't
Did you notice several other solid teams with playoff hopes got beat or even dominated by horrendous teams? Anyone can beat the NFL any given sunday. granted the steelers looked especially lost yesterday. difference between you and the rest of us is that the rest of us wont and moan constantly over wins like the first two weeks. a win is a win is a win is a win.
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 09-25-17, 06:21 PM
Termite2 Termite2 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 07-11-03
Location: North Sycamore Twp
Posts: 14,420
Termite2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGenius View Post
Did you notice several other solid teams with playoff hopes got beat or even dominated by horrendous teams? Anyone can beat the NFL any given sunday. granted the steelers looked especially lost yesterday. difference between you and the rest of us is that the rest of us wont and moan constantly over wins like the first two weeks. a win is a win is a win is a win.
I wouldn't know, the team I root for would have to win a game first.
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 09-25-17, 06:37 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 33,838
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SportsGenius View Post
Did you notice several other solid teams with playoff hopes got beat or even dominated by horrendous teams? Anyone can beat the NFL any given sunday. granted the steelers looked especially lost yesterday. difference between you and the rest of us is that the rest of us wont and moan constantly over wins like the first two weeks. a win is a win is a win is a win.
Again, sick of the apologetics from Steelers fans. We see this all the time from Tomlin. It's time for him to go.
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 09-25-17, 06:39 PM
sodbuster sodbuster is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-10-09
Posts: 522
sodbuster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Again, sick of the apologetics from Steelers fans. We see this all the time from Tomlin. It's time for him to go.
They were too concerned about the pre-game antics than the Bears.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 09-26-17, 11:35 AM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,406
Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Again, sick of the apologetics from Steelers fans. We see this all the time from Tomlin. It's time for him to go.
no need to apologize when your body of work is as good as Tomlin's. Cru - you are a spoiled Steelers fan who can't even begin to appreciate what Tomlin has done as head coach. all you look at is a few outlier games and think that a guy should be fired.

that's what we need to do - start over with a brand new head coach/staff because we've been so awful in his tenure.

get over yourself for a minute.

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news...m15wgoujsrp81j
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 09-26-17, 11:37 AM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 33,838
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
His body of work relies on having Ben Roethlisberger. His strategies are horrendous and his teams are undisciplined and it shows when he gets outcoached regularly, losing to teams that don't have 1/4 the talent he has to work with. He's a joke.
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 09-26-17, 11:51 AM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,406
Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
His body of work relies on having Ben Roethlisberger. His strategies are horrendous and his teams are undisciplined and it shows when he gets outcoached regularly, losing to teams that don't have 1/4 the talent he has to work with. He's a joke.
this is so comical.

and Belichek is only good because of Brady. he can't coach without him.

not even worth an argument.

all you'll ever see is - "if we lose, Tomlin sucks and got outcoached" or "if we win, well it was because we have Ben/Brown/etc"
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 09-26-17, 11:52 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 2,425
Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Let's trade Tomlin for Lewis. No trade backs
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 09-26-17, 12:13 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 33,838
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bballer05 View Post
this is so comical.

and Belichek is only good because of Brady. he can't coach without him.

not even worth an argument.
Belichick wouldn't let Tomlin hold his clipboard. He completely toyed with him last year and will again this year. Trying to compare them is the joke.

Quote:
all you'll ever see is - "if we lose, Tomlin sucks and got outcoached" or "if we win, well it was because we have Ben/Brown/etc"
Yeah, because during the games it's completely obvious the gamplan sucks and they're getting by on their talent
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 09-26-17, 12:41 PM
Bballer05 Bballer05 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-07-05
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 4,406
Bballer05
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Belichick wouldn't let Tomlin hold his clipboard. He completely toyed with him last year and will again this year. Trying to compare them is the joke.



Yeah, because during the games it's completely obvious the gamplan sucks and they're getting by on their talent

also going to guess that you have first hand knowledge of the gameplan that they put together for each opponent and i'm also guessing that your NFL coaching resume is quite excellent.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 09-26-17, 12:54 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 33,838
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Anyone who knows football can pick up when a gameplan is failing. Steelers games typically begin with the offense looking completely out of sync, which leads to a abundance of deep bombs from Ben to Brown or Bryant (which may or may not be completed). It's not until they completely change up what they originally set out to do that they begin to move the ball. I blame Haley for a lot of it but it's something we also saw under Ariens. Since we know that Tomlin likes to put his fingers into everything the coaches do, I blame him more.

Last edited by Crusaders; 09-26-17 at 04:10 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2017 Canton McKinley Football Season IUDOGS Football 232 06-24-17 02:40 PM
2016-17 Suburban League American Discussion Yappi Boys Basketball 554 03-27-17 07:04 PM
2016 - 2017 Canton McKinley Girls Basketball Season IUDOGS Girls Basketball 57 03-20-17 09:41 AM
Want to play for the Cincinnati Fury in 2017? CinciFury Baseball 0 07-25-16 02:59 PM
2017 Ohio All-Star Wrestling Team - Now Accepting Applications Ohio TofC Wrestling 1 06-02-16 01:37 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:46 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz