Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 10-12-17, 02:58 PM
All American

14Red is on a distinguished road
Look, I don't agree with everything Trump does, I'm just saying he's going for the throat. These entertainers and athletes just think everyone should fall down at their every whim and opinion. Trump isn't stupid, he knows exactly what he's doing. The American people are fed up with millionaire athletes whining about their lives. Social injustice?? Most have no idea what they are even speaking of, they just heard someone else say it.

Trump has the american people behind him on the anthem, and he's going to drive it home as time goes on. The NFL is going to be forced to deal with it, players are going to stand for the anthem, or the NFL business is going to suffer as it is right now. Now the NFL will continue to be #1, there is no chance of basketball or baseball overtaking it, but many are fed up with this entitlement mentality.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-12-17, 03:03 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Look, I don't agree with everything Trump does, I'm just saying he's going for the throat. These entertainers and athletes just think everyone should fall down at their every whim and opinion. Trump isn't stupid, he knows exactly what he's doing. The American people are fed up with millionaire athletes whining about their lives. Social injustice?? Most have no idea what they are even speaking of, they just heard someone else say it.

Trump has the american people behind him on the anthem, and he's going to drive it home as time goes on. The NFL is going to be forced to deal with it, players are going to stand for the anthem, or the NFL business is going to suffer as it is right now. Now the NFL will continue to be #1, there is no chance of basketball or baseball overtaking it, but many are fed up with this entitlement mentality.
So it's not about disrespecting the flag, it's about stopping athletes from complaining about social injustice?
Old 10-12-17, 03:04 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:

The problem with you and people like you, is that while you're fed up with "millionaire athletes whining about their lives", you're too dumb to realize how to properly respond to it. Instead of ignoring it and allowing it to go away on its own, you look at it as an opportunity to be angry, which ends up fueling the "opposition" into doing it more because they see that it's working. It's pissing people off and that's exactly what they want. So by all means keep whining about it and getting angry. That's one way to ensure it keeps happening.
Old 10-12-17, 03:10 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
They also don't seem to understand that by cheerleading the President of the United States trying to economically harm a private business because of their employees' political beliefs, it's setting a precedent that will almost certainly come back to bite them when it's an issue they don't agree with.
Old 10-13-17, 11:10 AM
All District

nutsnbolts is on a distinguished road
Are the ratings of the nfl going down due to Trump, or due to the 'protester'?

Trump is trying to guide the nfl into salvaging what little respect they, and their stupid commissioner have left - before it's too late.
Old 10-13-17, 01:30 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsnbolts View Post
Are the ratings of the nfl going down due to Trump, or due to the 'protester'?

Trump is trying to guide the nfl into salvaging what little respect they, and their stupid commissioner have left - before it's too late.
I would prefer that he attempt to guide our country - before it's too late.
Old 10-13-17, 01:40 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Rishard Matthews to retire if NFL makes players stand for anthem

Quote:
Rishard Matthews would rather walk away from the NFL than be forced to end his national anthem protest.

The Titans receiver revealed Thursday he will quit playing football if the NFL implements a new rule requiring players to stand for the national anthem.

Matthews, who has remained in the locker room during the national anthem the past two games, proclaimed his stance while answering a local Nashville producer’s question on Twitter.
Read more:
https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...them/23242599/

I suspect this guy will reconsider when he realizes how much money it will cost him.
Old 10-16-17, 10:14 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
So you thought he was trying to bring everyone together, including those disgusted with the players that kneel for the Anthem?

I was really interested in his take and was really surprised that he wasn't able to tone down his hatred. I expected better from him.
i didn't. hes one of the biggest liberal hacks in a league full of them.

hes disgusted by Trump recinding the invitation while acknowledging the Warriors weren't going anyway...so who cares?

he talks about being an embarrassment...the real embarrassment is NFL players standing for the British anthem and kneeling for the American anthem. its one thing to do it here...on foriegn soil you are an ambassador of this country.
Old 10-16-17, 10:44 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Why would any of that matter? The actual protesters arenít protesting the anthem, the flag or the military, yet thatís what the true flag patriots want is to believe. Yappi even called them anti-American.
it is a big F U to the country...but it is their right to do it just like burning the flag or wiping their behinds with it.

if it isnt about the country they could protest anytime...come out and take a knee on the first possession when everyone is watching...a delay of game penalty is a small price to pay for your cause right?
Old 10-16-17, 10:58 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Of course all you guys are still watching football.
i agree. i think all the boycott the NFL talk is silly. first like basically every other boycott youll never get the numbers to truely make an impact. second the season tickets are already paid for, the tv contracts are already set. it doesn't really matter if you show up or watch at this point. there may be a future impact but does anyone expect this issue to drag on for years? my guess its largely forgotten by next season and back to business as usual.
Old 10-16-17, 11:11 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
So you don't care how your tax dollars are spent?
Old 10-16-17, 11:11 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:

It should be noted that 14red wants entertainers, athletes and celebrities to stop giving their opinion on politics. It should also be noted that Donald Trump, until earlier this year, was just an entertainer and a celebrity.

It should be noted that, because they are celebrities and wealthy, 14Red thinks LeBron James and Eminem have no idea how the real world works. It should also be noted that Donald Trump has been a celebrity and wealthy well before LeBron James and Eminem were even born.
Old 10-16-17, 11:29 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutsnbolts View Post
So you don't care how your tax dollars are spent?
Like this?

The Pentagon paid 14 NFL teams $5.4 million to 'salute troops'

But I'm sure you have no problem with this.
Old 10-16-17, 11:30 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
It should be noted that 14red wants entertainers, athletes and celebrities to stop giving their opinion on politics. It should also be noted that Donald Trump, until earlier this year, was just an entertainer and a celebrity.

It should be noted that, because they are celebrities and wealthy, 14Red thinks LeBron James and Eminem have no idea how the real world works. It should also be noted that Donald Trump has been a celebrity and wealthy well before LeBron James and Eminem were even born.
It's hilarious because Trump was born into wealth while guys like Lebron and Eminem had pretty rough upbringings.
Old 10-16-17, 11:40 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
he is...go talk to Congress.
Old 10-16-17, 04:50 PM
All World

Old 10-16-17, 05:07 PM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
How's this for respecting the troops?

https://www.inquisitr.com/4557638/do...iger-benghazi/

As opposed to this:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...ers-dover-base
Old 10-16-17, 08:11 PM
All Ohio

boiler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It should also be noted that Donald Trump, until earlier this year, was just an entertainer and a celebrity.
Where do you get your information? Maybe you should Google the Trump Organization and educate yourself.
Old 10-17-17, 06:42 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by boiler View Post
Where do you get your information? Maybe you should Google the Trump Organization and educate yourself.
He can be a business man while also being a celebrity and entertainer. Doesn't change the fact he was just a celebrity and entertainer and NOT your average Joe off the street or a politician.
Old 10-17-17, 11:18 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Like this?

The Pentagon paid 14 NFL teams $5.4 million to 'salute troops'

But I'm sure you have no problem with this.
I have two problems.

Dumb idea in the first place - paying someone to do what they should want to do.

The nfl allowing their players to avoid doing their part and not giving the money back.
Old 10-17-17, 11:19 AM
All District

Quote:
He can be a business man while also being a celebrity and entertainer. Doesn't change the fact he was just a celebrity and entertainer and NOT your average Joe off the street or a politician.
What president would you say was an average Joe?
Old 10-18-17, 10:10 AM
All World

WestSideBomber is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
I can't decide what the worst part of this photo is...

A) Being a Jets fan
B) Drinking beer through a straw
C) Sitting on the American flag while wearing an "I stand for the national anthem shirt"
Old 10-18-17, 09:14 PM
All World

This is more than a little dumb

http://time.com/4987441/roy-moore-nfl-protests-law/
Old 10-18-17, 09:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
"One, it’s respect for the law. If we don’t respect the law, what kind of country are we going to have?"
Quote:
Moore, who gained national notoriety when he defied a court order to remove a monument of the Ten Commandments from courthouse grounds and later when he continued to enforce a gay-marriage ban that had been overturned by the Supreme Court, said he fully supports Trump's criticism.
A true patriot.
Old 10-19-17, 06:32 AM
All Ohio

Username1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestSideBomber View Post
I can't decide what the worst part of this photo is...

A) Being a Jets fan
B) Drinking beer through a straw
C) Sitting on the American flag while wearing an "I stand for the national anthem shirt"
I say fake.
Old 10-20-17, 07:37 AM
All World

tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
I say fake.
I agree, it is fake. The fact that someone wearing that shirt and sits on a flag demonstrates fake "patriotism."
Old 10-22-17, 06:49 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Meanwhile given the outstanding weather and the fact that we're not even to the halfway point of the season these seem to be rather alarming pictures of half empty NFL stadiums at the start of today's games:

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...week-7-photos/

Say what you want but something has changed for the NFL and it's not good.
Old 10-23-17, 08:35 AM
All Yappi

TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
Using pics taken at or around kickoff is a horrible way to judge attendance in the NFL. I had season tickets from 2006-2010 and I could count on one hand the number of kickoffs I saw. Attendance may be down, but I'm guessing there were a lot more people who watched those games in person than the photos would indicate.
Old 10-23-17, 09:50 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
Using pics taken at or around kickoff is a horrible way to judge attendance in the NFL. I had season tickets from 2006-2010 and I could count on one hand the number of kickoffs I saw. Attendance may be down, but I'm guessing there were a lot more people who watched those games in person than the photos would indicate.
Yeah but then how else would the agenda get pushed?

By the way, here are the actual attendances this week of the stadiums shown from lotr's ad-cancer ridden website:

Miami
Capacity: 65,326
Week 7: 65,025

Cleveland
Capacity: 67,895
Week 7: 59,061

Chicago
Capacity: 61,500
Week 7: 61,256

Indianapolis
Capacity: 71,000
Week 7: 63,104

Houston
Capacity: 72,220
Week 6(had a Bye Week 7, not sure why lotr's link shows Houston): 71,815

Baltimore
Capacity: 71,008
Week 7: 66,751

Atlanta
Week 7: 65,878

Source: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...attendance.htm

Looks like the NFL is doing just fine.
Old 10-23-17, 10:06 AM
All Ohio

boiler is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Yeah but then how else would the agenda get pushed?

By the way, here are the actual attendances this week of the stadiums shown from lotr's ad-cancer ridden website:

Miami
Capacity: 65,326
Week 7: 65,025

Cleveland
Capacity: 67,895
Week 7: 59,061

Chicago
Capacity: 61,500
Week 7: 61,256

Indianapolis
Week 7: 63,104

Houston
Capacity: 72,220
Week 6(had a Bye Week 7, not sure why lotr's link shows Houston): 71,815

Baltimore
Capacity: 71,008
Week 7: 66,751

Atlanta
Week 7: 65,878

Source: https://www.pro-football-reference.c...attendance.htm

Looks like the NFL is doing just fine.
Figures probably account for tickets sold.

Cleveland Stadium was only half full yesterday. So out of the 59,061 tickets sold, roughly 33,000 chose to attend game. It is making a big impact.