Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-16-18, 04:02 PM
Moderated User

GregG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ts1960 View Post
Iíve talked about it with two people that you could call President and Vice President in terms of who would have the final call and both of them have said at this time that is not a direction we are looking at. Thatís why I said ďtimes have changedĒ.
After you handed them their fresh hash browns did you ask if they needed more creamer for their coffee?
Old 02-16-18, 04:05 PM
Moderated User

GregG is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sam the butcher View Post
Please please please pay attention, my time is valuable and I hate wasting it
Iím inclined to believe you donít have a whole lot going in your life.
Old 02-16-18, 04:19 PM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Why do you bring up Massillons success against the fed in football only? This is a federal league expansion fantasy talk. And not that I advocate it but who really cares about Perry wrestling, its a dying and practically dead sport. However, if Perry got a kid from Russia I highly doubt he moved here for their wrestling program?? Why don't we get back into who would be a good fit and why "IF" the FL wanted to expand?
Old 02-16-18, 04:22 PM
All Ohio

bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Also Sam, I think in wrestling its harder for kids to come in and take jobs away from local kids, they may not have a kid in that weight class, kids can move up or down a weight class? But I'll speak, if that happens I think it'd be ridiculous for a hometown boy to lose his HS experience because of a move in that came in just to wrestle at that HS.
Old 02-16-18, 04:51 PM
Moderated User

sam the butcher is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
Also Sam, I think in wrestling its harder for kids to come in and take jobs away from local kids, they may not have a kid in that weight class, kids can move up or down a weight class? But I'll speak, if that happens I think it'd be ridiculous for a hometown boy to lose his HS experience because of a move in that came in just to wrestle at that HS.
Its happening. And are you implying that all these kids I mentioned from all across the....well....country, are simply filling weight classes that Perry doesn't have one of their own for? If that's not what you're saying I apologize but that's what it sounds like.
Old 02-16-18, 04:52 PM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huge Ted View Post
Both sides would benefit but I don't think the league is being childish. Would you invite someone to come to your house when you know they're trying to steal your stuff?
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer!
Old 02-16-18, 06:33 PM
Cooling Off

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Both sides would benefit but I don't think the league is being childish. Would you invite someone to come to your house when you know they're trying to steal your stuff?
Do you kick your brothers or sisters out of the house when they take something from your room ?
It sure is happening a lot between league members.
Old 02-16-18, 06:35 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregG View Post
After you handed them their fresh hash browns did you ask if they needed more creamer for their coffee?
Nope we were playing cards at a beach house this summer. Some know while some hope.
Old 02-16-18, 06:37 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
How about the kids who live in Jackson but pay to go to Hoover to swim ? I can 100% guarantee you Hoover parents are pissed about it.
Old 02-16-18, 09:58 PM
All Yappi

Perry 67 is on a distinguished road
Cool We are filling out our weight classes.

Quote:
Its happening. And are you implying that all these kids I mentioned from all across the....well....country, are simply filling weight classes that Perry doesn't have one of their own for? If that's not what you're saying I apologize but that's what it sounds like.
Perry has 12 wrestlers coming in. 3 from St. Paris Graham, 3 from Lakewood St. Ed and 6 from Carrollton. 2 Basketballers from Jackson and a hockey player from Tunisia.
Old 02-16-18, 11:54 PM
All Ohio

Purple Hayes
Quote:
How about the kids who live in Jackson but pay to go to Hoover to swim ? I can 100% guarantee you Hoover parents are pissed about it.
You know, I never followed any swimming but after you pointing this out, I read an article about Hoover girls. I immediately recognized two last names that I thought did not live there and pay tuition. Sure enough, one lives in Louisville and one lives in Hills andDales, presumably paying tuition. Iím OK with this but just thought it was weird that you pointed out a sport that I never paid attention to.
Old 02-17-18, 06:15 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Hills and Dales is kind of its own special situation. They petitioned the state to leave Plain Local but were denied, so I don't begrudge them choosing to pay tuition, wherever they happen to go.
Old 02-17-18, 07:09 AM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
To my knowledge Perry has never been sanctioned....that means little.
Actually it means quite a bit in terms of it removes the Massillon excuse of "Everybody else does it". No, they don't, at least not in the ways Massillon does because you have been reprimanded on a number of occasions.

And you also want to raise the question of how it feels to a kid to lose a position to a transfer? Why don't you ask the Massillon kids it happened to last year and the year before and the year before and the....
Old 02-17-18, 07:11 AM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Massillon doesn’t want to be in the fed.
Is glad they aren’t in the fed. Would turn down an invite to be in the fed.

Then why the constant obsession with the Fed League as evidenced by this and a million other threads? Jealousy?
Old 02-17-18, 08:03 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post

Then why the constant obsession with the Fed League as evidenced by this and a million other threads? Jealousy?
Itís called debating, the very FIRST post Massillon was brought into this conversation. In terms of the million other threads itís the following Massillon trolls that bring up Massillon.
1. You
2. y2h
3. mackinwhiner
4. Many more trolls
Old 02-17-18, 08:26 AM
Varsity

Huge Ted is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Do you kick your brothers or sisters out of the house when they take something from your room ?
It sure is happening a lot between league members.
Again you just say things that have no truth to them at all but if it's happening a lot go ahead and list football players that have been inticed by coaches/boosters at one school to transfer to another league school.
Old 02-17-18, 10:10 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Again you just say things that have no truth to them at all but if it's happening a lot go ahead and list football players that have been inticed by coaches/boosters at one school to transfer to another league school.
Really ? From mck to GO and vice versa. Why do we have to just stick with football. I like it to be known that all federal league schools in all sports have kids from other fed schools or other schools like Massillon, Louisville, etc.
I am not going to list names of kids currently but itís not hard to find Hoover swimmers, softball, Perry wrestling, Jackson basketball.
So please continue to live in your myopic attitude about the holier then thou federal league and Iíll just continue to prove you wrong.
Old 02-17-18, 10:26 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry 67 View Post
Perry has 12 wrestlers coming in. 3 from St. Paris Graham, 3 from Lakewood St. Ed and 6 from Carrollton. 2 Basketballers from Jackson and a hockey player from Tunisia.
Your attempt at comedy speaks volumes. I think its a fair question.
Old 02-17-18, 10:34 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Actually it means quite a bit in terms of it removes the Massillon excuse of "Everybody else does it". No, they don't, at least not in the ways Massillon does because you have been reprimanded on a number of occasions.

And you also want to raise the question of how it feels to a kid to lose a position to a transfer? Why don't you ask the Massillon kids it happened to last year and the year before and the year before and the....
I do believe that it happens everywhere, but you don't see me mentioning everyone do you? Gas it happened at Lake? Probably, but I would imagine that its so few and far between there that its not worth mentioning. The question of how it feels to lose your spot\position was brought up years ago and was directed at Massillon....why do you feel it is fair to be directed at Massillon but not at anyone else? Honestly, it's not like tere are only one or two Perry posters on here, I know there are many, their dodging of this question speaks very loudly.
Old 02-17-18, 10:36 AM
Moderated User

Quote:

The same has been asked of you concerning Massillon threads. You first.
Old 02-17-18, 12:09 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Please please please pay attention, my time is valuable and I hate wasting it repeating myself to people who are either too simple to understand, too blinded by jealousy or too lazy to pay attention....you fall into all 3 categories so imagine my annoyed state when responding to you. I asked, and was hoping for an intelligent answer to a couple of questions, (one for Perry wrestling parents/fans, and one for Perry wrestling foes.) Luckily I received an intelligent answer from Mr. Wrestling, but havent heard from any other foes, and I really wasn't expecting to hear from Perry wrestling parents or fans.

To my knowledge Perry has never been sanctioned....that means little. Perry has gotten kids from....and this is just the ones that I know of....St. Paris Graham, Carrollton, Claymont, Jackson, Lake (according to a recent post there have actually been MANY kids from Lake), Texas, New York, California, and Russia. For someone to assume that there hasn't been some tampering would be naive....and for someone to actually SAY it verbally would be an outright lie. You criticize Massillon fans for getting touchy about the subject but at least they are on here addressing it....Perry people have conveniently gone missing at the notion. Perry people seem to be a prideful bunch, I'm not asking you if you recruit, I simply want to know how you feel about a kid from a surrounding school....a kid from a school halfway across the state....a kid from all the way across the country or a kid from a former cold war foe coming in and taking the job/spot of a kid who was born here and has grown up working hard and dreaming of wrestling for Perry?
Yep you got it. Perry recruited from Texas, Cali, NY and Russia. Heck these guys should be working at the next level, their recruiting pitch is bring wasted here.

Oh and you might want to check the wrestling history of St. Paris Graham..they have a pretty good program of their own.
Old 02-17-18, 12:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
What name do you write under...I'll look for your stuff in the fiction section.
Old 02-17-18, 12:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Perry 67 View Post
I don't think a hockey player from Tunisia would be much help...that's where the Russian connection would come in handy.

As an aside it would be nice if Perry added hockey...having to go to the Cleveland burbs for games gets old
Old 02-17-18, 12:35 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Yep you got it. Perry recruited from Texas, Cali, NY and Russia. Heck these guys should be working at the next level, their recruiting pitch is bring wasted here.

Oh and you might want to check the wrestling history of St. Paris Graham..they have a pretty good program of their own.
This post stinks of typical Federal League hypocrisy. But....unlike all of you, I will answer.

You may be ignorant instead of a hypocrite and based on your posting history my guess is both. According to you Perry didn't recruit all across the country, but Massillon DID go all the way to Oregon to recruit the Kempt family. Lol. Ignorant hypocrisy.

I also find it both ignorant and hypocritical that you are saying (notice I said "you are saying" and not, "you believe") the kid from Cali. wasn't recruited here, or there was no wrong doing, but you and people of your ilk stomped your feet and pounded your fists on your EZ bake ovens when Devin Smith ended up in Massillon.

And finally, I'm well aware of the Graham wrestling program, please explain what role their success plays in this conversation.
Old 02-17-18, 12:35 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Go over to the state meet and ask the Hoover parents how they feel. Or find the Hoover swim team roster online and do some work on your own instead of coming on here in your state of denial.
Old 02-17-18, 12:37 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Instead of being a comic, why not answer the question?
Old 02-17-18, 12:52 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Instead of being a comic, why not answer the question?
Come on Sam you know they NEVER answer questions.
Old 02-17-18, 12:54 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Actually all of those are facts and will be backed up on here in future posts by other people.
Bump.
Old 02-17-18, 12:58 PM
All Yappi

Mackinbiner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Go over to the state meet and ask the Hoover parents how they feel. Or find the Hoover swim team roster online and do some work on your own instead of coming on here in your state of denial.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Hayes View Post
You know, I never followed any swimming but after you pointing this out, I read an article about Hoover girls. I immediately recognized two last names that I thought did not live there and pay tuition. Sure enough, one lives in Louisville and one lives in Hills andDales, presumably paying tuition. Iím OK with this but just thought it was weird that you pointed out a sport that I never paid attention to.
Others have been accused of stalking for similar posts. Where's the outcry?
Old 02-17-18, 01:08 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestling245 View Post
It sucks! Even without some of these transfers Perry would still win the league quite a bit, but I could tell you Lake wouldn't have what seems like hundreds of runner ups to Perry in wrestling. And it also sucks l knowing over the past years I could name multiple names off the top of my head just from Lake that have transferred to Perry to wrestle. But it is what it is. And to answer your question about it getting dodged, it's because schools like Hoover, Jackson, Glenoak etc could give two shi*s about wrestling. People on here truly do not know so they can't answer. The federal league struggles in wrestling. (Besides Lake and Perry typically)
Its common on here to read things like "why schedule Massillon when every time we play them we lose kids to them", it has been said by posters, it has been reported that it has been said by Keith Wakefield and its also, been reported to have been said by the Jackson administration about Massillon and Central. But this poster in the quote above says....and I quote...."I could name multiple names off the top of my head....JUST FROM LAKE....that have transferred to Perry to wrestle." He also states that "Hoover, Jackson, GlenOak etc could give two sh*t about wrestling " if true, that would make your criticism of Mass."illon not caring about all of their sports more hypocritical. Purple Hayes also states that he "never followed any swimming," and he calls it "a sport I never paid attention to."