Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-12-18, 01:33 PM
All Ohio

Username1 is on a distinguished road
Who is the grand wizard?
Old 01-12-18, 01:34 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladin1aa View Post
Jesus H. Christ. I wandered into a KKK meeting. Pardon me, I'll leave so the Grand Wizzard can continue ...........
Yeah I agree. People who equate sht to blacks are racist as can be. It's sad actually.
Old 01-12-18, 02:12 PM
All American

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
"President Donald Trump is absolutely right. Africa is a continent of ****," says Mamady Traore, a 30-year-old sociologist in the West African nation of Guinea. "When you have heads of state who mess with the constitutions to perpetuate their power. When you have rebel factions that kill children, disembowel women as saints, who mutilate innocent civilians. Frankly, it must be said that it's crap."

But he is not a white Leftist from North America, so what would he know about it?
Old 01-12-18, 02:13 PM
All Yappi

frecriss is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me.
I lift my lamp beside the golden door."

Note to yourself: A plaque on a statue is not law or policy.
Old 01-12-18, 02:23 PM
All Region

Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by frecriss View Post
Note to yourself: A plaque on a statue is not law or policy.
Very good point.
Old 01-12-18, 02:41 PM
All Region

beeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Username1 View Post
Who is the grand wizard?
Close race between you and Gillotttone. You two can fight it out.
Old 01-12-18, 03:09 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by beeman View Post
Or we can say, If Obama or any one of the Clintons used this terminology those on here backing Trump would be freaking out right now.
Do you seriously think none of them used this terminology? I suspect that it was very common for Obama, Hillary, and Bill. They just had a better filter of who they could say it around.

Seriously, who do you think looked at a person's race and made assumptions about the person more; Obama or Trump?

If you are being honest, you know that race tainted EVERYTHING that Obama looked at. For Trump, he rarely looks at race and that is what gets him in so much trouble with the PC police. He could ramble off ten negative things about people or countries and the anti-Trumpers would jump on the one thing that aligned with a protected group.
Old 01-12-18, 03:17 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
I seriously doubt this was the worst thing ever said by a POTUS in a closed door meeting.
Old 01-12-18, 03:36 PM
All American

Gulliotine is on a distinguished road
Crazy Uncle Joe just weighed in with comment--

"This is a big f**king deal!"
Old 01-12-18, 03:46 PM
All American

Quote:
Close race between you and Gillotttone. You two can fight it out.
How in the hell did I get dragged into that?

Sheesh...I own a black dog, and a black cat, and the only thing I hate is Ted. He can wear the funny hat uncontested!
Old 01-12-18, 03:50 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gulliotine View Post

Sheesh...I own a black dog, and a black cat, and the only thing I hate is Ted. He can wear the funny hat uncontested!
You know you love Ted.
Old 01-12-18, 03:56 PM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
I seriously doubt this was the worst thing ever said by a POTUS in a closed door meeting.
This is a very important point that is getting lost in the media conversation. Read almost any expose or book about the Clinton or Bush White Houses. There are direct quotes, in the presence of media at the time, that are far far worse and were never reported the way Trump's comment was, or even reported at all. And lets not even get into the behaviors/conversations of Kennedy, LBJ, and Nixon.

The media hates Trump so much that they are bringing in a sort of radical transparency (more like tattle-tale gossip machine) that is going to have dangerous consequences later on after Trump is gone. NO ONE can operate under such circumstances. No one is perfectly polite 100% of the time. No home, business, or center of government can operate if there is literally no ability to have a private conversation. You wouldn't be able to communicate at all, terrified that every word would be beamed across the globe immediately. It's downright terrifying, like living under the thumb of a prison warden 24/7.

As far as the remark... who cares? Everyone here has said it or thought it at one time or another. I know plenty of immigrants who have outright said their home countries were dumps compared to the United States. We do need to take a look at which countries we admit people from. The immigrant from Ghana is almost always a good citizen, the visa stay over from Guatemala has a good chance of not being one. I'm sorry that leaves out good, deserving people from Guatemala but it is what it is. Government is a cruel business.
Old 01-12-18, 04:11 PM
All American

Quote:
You know you love Ted.
Okay, maybe in one of those weird, hate/love relationships.

If that sounded gay, it's your fault.
Old 01-12-18, 04:11 PM
All Region

beeman is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Old 01-12-18, 04:17 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Okay, maybe in one of those weird, hate/love relationships.

If that sounded gay, it's your fault.
I heard it isn't gay if you beat them up afterwards.
Old 01-12-18, 04:25 PM
All American

Quote:
I heard it isn't gay if you beat them up afterwards.
That's not true. Genetically, they're predisposed to enjoy that kind of cuddle.
Old 01-12-18, 05:10 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
The body of evidence is huge. Judges, military parents, protesters, professional athletes, immigration, a wall on one border and not the other, Puero Rican response living in huts, aids, and now we want people from Norway and not holes like africa and Haiti, throw in the nice nazis, support for a pedofile with a history of racist views...it is a large body of racist evidence. He is moving away from a merit based immigration policy to one based on color/nationality.

Maybe his mental sharpness and age is a factor in his judgement (lots of us have seen our grand parents make off color comments) There is not really any way to sugar coat it...he is racist. PERIOD.
You post this nonsense and question someone else's mental sharpness?
Old 01-12-18, 05:33 PM
All American

Quote:
Or we can say, If Obama or any one of the Clintons used this terminology those on here backing Trump would be freaking out right now.
Possibly, but if was Obama he would have likely been referring to one of our allies, like Israel or Great Britain.
Old 01-12-18, 05:58 PM
All Yappi

BigBallin'4theFuture is an unknown quantity at this point
For our resident Kla---I mean, TRUMP Supporters....

COLUMN: Your response to Trump’s racist ‘hole’ comment will be remembered

What did you say when President Donald Trump referred to Haiti, El Salvador and some African nations as “hole countries”?

What did you say when the president of the United States followed that comment by suggesting he’d rather see more immigrants from countries like Norway?

Whether now or in the future, you will be asked this question: What did you say?

Did you call out the obvious racism behind those statements? Did you acknowledge that the leader of the free world — by title, anyway — had shown himself to be a white supremacist, casually expressing his dislike of brown-skinned immigrants and preference for white European immigrants?

Were you outraged that such comments from a sitting president were antithetical to the ideals that have always made America a beacon of hope and opportunity?

What did you say?

Did you speak out?

Did you denounce the comments, as Rep. Mia Love, a Utah Republican whose parents came to America from Haiti, did, saying in a statement: “This behavior is unacceptable from the leader of our nation. … The President must apologize to both the American people and the nations he so wantonly maligned.”

Or did you keep quiet?

Take note, because you will be asked. Trump’s has been a presidency filled with jaw-dropping moments of offensive behavior, but this one will stand out over time, both for its profane nature and its naked racism.

So what did you say?

Did you look for excuses? Did you toss out a “Well, what about …” scenario you thought might take the heat off?

Did you scream something about “identity politics” and try to pretend that this is the fault of others, not the fault of the transparently racist old man in the White House?

Did you say he has a point? Did you say, “Well, those countries are holes, aren’t they?”

Did you forget how people once described immigrants from Italy and Ireland? Did you forget the words on a plaque at the Statue of Liberty?

“Give me your tired, your poor, your huddled masses yearning to breathe free, the wretched refuse of your teeming shore. Send these, the homeless, tempest-tost to me, I lift my lamp beside the golden door!”

Did you forget those words, or just ignore them? Did you smile about a tax break and say nothing?

Did you not put the pieces together and consider all the other times Trump has shown us exactly who he is?

Did you tamp down memories of his calls for the execution of the Central Park Five, even after the young men, four black and one Latino, were found innocent?

Did you explain away what Trump was implying in this tweet from 2013: “According to Bill O'Reilly, 80% of all the shootings in New York City are blacks-if you add Hispanics, that figure goes to 98%. 1% white.”

Did you disregard his years-long birther crusade against the nation’s first black president? His description of Mexican immigrants as rapists and criminals? His regular criticism that immigrants coming from predominately nonwhite nations are examples of those countries’ “worst people”?

Did you not let yourself see the pattern? Did you twist logic into knots and blame it on the media? On political correctness?

What did you say when our president called other countries “holes” and you had to shield your children’s ears from profanity on the nightly news?

What did you tell your children about this moment? How did you explain the president’s words?

Tell me, what did you say? Mark it down, let it be known. Because you will be asked this again someday.

And if you stayed silent, if you made excuses, if you tried to fool yourself into believing this is appropriate presidential behavior, if you let it slide because this presidency might somehow line your pocketbook, then you will be remembered as complicit, as one who stood by and let America’s decency get dragged through the mud.

And if you laughed, or if you smiled, or if you nodded your head in agreement, you will be remembered just as Trump will: as a racist, a fool and an absolute embarrassment.

rhuppke@chicagotribune.com
Old 01-12-18, 06:03 PM
All American

Caleb is on a distinguished road
On average in this country about 950 baby's are murdered just through Plan Parenthood alone but S***hole is where the line is crossed. This is how far people have fallen.
Old 01-12-18, 06:12 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBallin'4theFuture View Post
Whether now or in the future, you will be asked this question: What did you say?
I said that he could have used better language, but that his idea was correct.

And since we are having a hissy fit about language, to be correct, his language was vulgar and not profane.
Old 01-12-18, 06:16 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
On average in this country about 950 baby's are murdered just through Plan Parenthood alone but S***hole is where the line is crossed. This is how far people have fallen.
Right.
Old 01-12-18, 06:17 PM
All Ohio

Bigballin copy n pasting sht hole authors.
Old 01-12-18, 06:38 PM
All American

Quote:
And if you laughed, or if you smiled, or if you nodded your head in agreement, you will be remembered just as Trump will: as a racist, a fool and an absolute embarrassment.
Jesus...I had to read that whole unhinged screed to get to the part that best describes my feelings.

You people are becoming increasingly dangerous. I mean, you are free to believe crap like that, but what's your next move? Trump will be President for at least the next three years, so other than tolerating your excessive CO2 emissions, should we be concerned about our safety while we laugh at you?
Old 01-12-18, 06:58 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
"President Donald Trump is absolutely right. Africa is a continent of ****," says Mamady Traore, a 30-year-old sociologist in the West African nation of Guinea. "When you have heads of state who mess with the constitutions to perpetuate their power. When you have rebel factions that kill children, disembowel women as saints, who mutilate innocent civilians. Frankly, it must be said that it's crap."

But he is not a white Leftist from North America, so what would he know about it?
maybe CNN can interview this person.....how fast would his mike be cut off.......
Old 01-12-18, 07:01 PM
All Yappi

zeeman is on a distinguished road
What a bunch of crap BB4F! What’s more racist keeping black and brown people hooked to the government tit or speaking the truth about crap hole countries that have preferred status? Educate yourself
Old 01-12-18, 07:02 PM
All World

Quote:
went straight to the bottom, thought it would be from the NYT, or WA post......but the Chicago Trib is a close second to those RAGS.....

no need to read......
Old 01-12-18, 07:05 PM
All World

Quote:
Bigballin copy n pasting sht hole authors.
what are the chances that BIG BALLIN, is the real idiot with the 3 robots and the $450 pair of Basketball shoes?
Old 01-12-18, 07:12 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
We
Quote:
So saying you prefer immigrants from a largely educated skilled populace vs immigrants from a largely uneducated unskilled populace is racist?

Acknowledging that the world is a much different place from when that plaque went up is racist?

Many Italian and Irish immigrants, along with those from everywhere else, were turned away because they didn't meet requirements. And if they were accepted they were expected to provide for themselves and contribute or perish. Now people can come and live off our social safety net programs.

If someone can demonstrate a skill to contribute to society let them in, be they from Haiti or Norway. But letting in X number of people every year from 3rd world hellholes to virtue signal we aren't racists is insane immigration policy.
Old 01-12-18, 07:19 PM
All Yappi

frecriss is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
We

So saying you prefer immigrants from a largely educated skilled populace vs immigrants from a largely uneducated unskilled populace is racist?

Acknowledging that the world is a much different place from when that plaque went up is racist?

Many Italian and Irish immigrants, along with those from everywhere else, were turned away because they didn't meet requirements. And if they were accepted they were expected to provide for themselves and contribute or perish. Now people can come and live off our social safety net programs.

If someone can demonstrate a skill to contribute to society let them in, be they from Haiti or Norway. But letting in X number of people every year from 3rd world hellholes to virtue signal we aren't racists is insane immigration policy.

Insane is all liberal policies

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: