Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-08-18, 08:05 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
What are you talking about ... the last two drafts they passed on the players that would have helped the franchise the most ... Wentz & Watson ... because taking a QB was too risky ... and they missed out big time ... ever heard of nothing ventured nothing gained ... they are 4-44 for the past 3 years because their QBs stink .... WHAT IS SOOO HARD TO UNDERSTAND!!!!!
Yes, they went 4-44 just because they didn't draft Wentz or Watson.

Be honest with yourselves. Watson wouldn't have anywhere near the talent in Cleveland as he does in Houston. No Lamar Miller. No DeAndre Hopkins. No Will Fuller. You'd be running him out of town just like you are Kizer. And I can't imagine Wentz would have faired much better.

You people are a lost cause. Unless a rookie comes in and looks like Tom Brady from day one, you're scouting college QBs for the next guy.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-18, 08:39 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
If the Eagles offered Wentz for Fournette would Jacksonville take it ... the would set a record for fastest reply
The Browns would f-up the paperwork.
Old 01-08-18, 08:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
They've actually had the opposite issue the past 2 drafts. They traded out of drafting Wentz & Watson because they were doing the analytics BPA/accumulate draft picks thing.
Crusaders looks moronic downplaying both of those draft misses by the Browns.
Old 01-08-18, 09:25 PM
All District

bulldogcountry is on a distinguished road
Barkley is a stud no doubt but IMO this draft could be LOADED with stud RBs.

Derrius Guice (my favorite)
Nick Chubb
Bryce Love
Ronald Jones
Rashaad Penny

If Browns are set on a QB at #1 it needs to be Fitzpatrick at #4 as long as he’s there. Multiple RBs will still be there in 2nd round.
Old 01-09-18, 11:29 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulldogcountry View Post
Barkley is a stud no doubt but IMO this draft could be LOADED with stud RBs.

Derrius Guice (my favorite)
Nick Chubb
Bryce Love
Ronald Jones
Rashaad Penny

If Browns are set on a QB at #1 it needs to be Fitzpatrick at #4 as long as he’s there. Multiple RBs will still be there in 2nd round.
This is exactly correct ... Barkley is going to be good, but the difference between him and these others will not be that great ... can afford to wait until second round to get one of these other good RBs.
Old 01-09-18, 12:02 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
This is exactly correct ... Barkley is going to be good, but the difference between him and these others will not be that great ... can afford to wait until second round to get one of these other good RBs.
I would add Kerryon Johnson to that list. Is Sony Michel entering the draft as well ?
Old 01-09-18, 12:02 PM
All Yappi

None of them are half as good as Barkley. You guys are kidding yourselves.
Old 01-09-18, 12:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
Barkley is definity better, but you are most likely way overestimating his value over the others.
Old 01-09-18, 12:29 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
at the Barkley fan-boy!!

"Not half as good"
Old 01-09-18, 02:06 PM
All Yappi

Barkley has LT potential. None of those other players stand out. So no I'm not overestimating anything.

Last edited by Crusaders; 01-09-18 at 02:21 PM..
Old 01-09-18, 02:16 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Not a huge Berkeley fan from the couple of games I have watched. He seemed to have ran for one big run a game with minimal gains throughout the rest of the game. He is a gamebreaker for sure but he seemed to struggle with consistency. Now as I said I only watched a couple games so this assumption is probably stupid.
Old 01-09-18, 02:20 PM
All Yappi

Penn State's offensive line was pretty awful. He had to make a lot of guys miss just to get 5 or 6 yards more often than not.
Old 01-09-18, 02:53 PM
All Yappi

PSU’s line wasn’t awful.
Old 01-09-18, 02:54 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Barkley has LT potential. None of those other players stand out. So no I'm not overestimating anything.
This is a meaningless post, you may as well of posted “na-uh”.
Old 01-09-18, 02:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
PSU’s line wasn’t awful.
Yes it was
Old 01-09-18, 02:58 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
This is a meaningless post, you may as well of posted “na-uh”.
I'm not surprised its meaning evades you
Old 01-09-18, 03:07 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I'm not surprised its meaning evades you
There was no meaning, you just said Barkley has long term potential and the other guys don’t. You say a lot of stupid sht that isn’t true, so no surprise.
Old 01-09-18, 03:10 PM
All Yappi

The meaning is Barkley is the far superior player. It's not stupid, it's true. Sorry bud
Old 01-09-18, 03:14 PM
All Yappi

It was pretty stupid.
Old 01-09-18, 05:59 PM
All American

DB135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
It appears that there is no franchise QB in this class that precludes taking players who are rated at the top of the draft at positions of need for the Browns. The Browns can't afford to pass on the best athlete available to take a less talented QB, when they can sign a free agent at that position and fill the other holes on the roster with the best athlete available.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...for-every-team

Last edited by DB135; 01-10-18 at 05:43 PM..
Old 01-10-18, 06:57 AM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
For some reason I think the new man will do well in the FA market,he helped KC with them.
Old 01-10-18, 12:10 PM
All Yappi

Browns hire Elliot Wolf, son of Ron Wolf, as assistant GM. Nice add.
Old 01-10-18, 02:55 PM
All American

DB135 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Lightbulb

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/...8-20548b00eafa

Browns add Eliot Wolf and Alonzo Highsmith to personnel staff
Posted 23 minutes ago

Clevelandbrowns.com
@Browns Facebook

New Assistant GM, VP of Player Personnel spent years with Packers

Cleveland Browns General Manager John Dorsey today named Eliot Wolf Assistant General Manager and Alonzo Highsmith Vice President of Player Personnel. Wolf spent the past 14 seasons with the Green Bay Packers, most recently as Director of Football Operations, while Highsmith had been with the Packers personnel department for 19 years, the last six as Senior Personnel Executive.

“We’re lucky to add Alonzo and Eliot to our personnel staff,” said Dorsey. “Alonzo’s 25 years of experience in the National Football League as a player, scout and personnel executive give him a unique perspective when it comes to evaluating talent and building a team. Alonzo and I share the same passion for this great game of football. We are going to set out to find talented football players that possess that same passion for the game. Eliot has been a fine executive in this league for some time now. It’s been great to watch him grow up around this league when I was with him in Green Bay and from afar for the last five-plus years. He’s been a big reason for the consistent success the Packers have experienced over the last decade. Adding Eliot and Alonzo to our personnel leadership group, that already includes Andrew Berry, will strengthen us and help us develop into the type of personnel department we need to achieve the success our great fans deserve.”

“I’m so thankful for this opportunity and I’m really excited about joining the Cleveland Browns organization,” said Wolf. “I really like the direction of where leadership is headed. We’re going to build this team the right way and to be a part of that from the ground up is going to be special.”

“This is going to be an exciting challenge,” said Highsmith. “It’s great to reunite with John Dorsey. He is someone I’ve looked up to and has always been a mentor to me. We had great success together in Green Bay and we both understand the hard work it takes to create a winning environment. I’m grateful to have the opportunity to be part of something special. Some of my fondest memories in football were playing the Browns in the playoffs one year and the fans throwing dog bones at us so we had to turn around and play that series at the opposite end zone. I believe in the Haslams, Coach Jackson and John, and I’m looking forward to helping build the type of team Cleveland Browns fans will be proud of.”

In addition, the Browns have also added Jimmy Noel as Assistant Director of Pro Scouting, Matt Donahoe as Scout and Dan Zegers as Personnel Coordinator. Noel, Donahoe and Zegers all previously spent time in the Kansas City Chiefs personnel department. Ken Kovash who has served as Vice President-Player Personnel for the last two seasons will transition to a Vice President role in the club’s strategy department.

Eliot Wolf

Wolf spent the past 14 seasons with the Green Bay Packers. During his time in Green Bay, the Packers earned 10 trips to the playoffs, seven NFC North division titles and a victory in Super Bowl XLV. From 2004-17, Green Bay ranked among the NFL leaders in points per game (third with 25.6) and wins (fourth with 224).

Wolf officially joined the Packers as a pro personnel assistant in 2004. He was promoted to assistant director of pro personnel in 2008. He spent 2011 as assistant director of player personnel before serving as director of pro personnel for three seasons (2012-14). Wolf was elevated to director of player personnel in 2015 and spent his final two seasons (2016-17) as director of football operations.

His father, Ron, was the general manager of the Packers and was inducted in the Pro Football Hall of Fame in 2015. Wolf’s scouting career unofficially began at the age of 10 when he joined his father in film sessions. He later held scouting internships with the Packers, Falcons and Seahawks.

Wolf earned a B.A. degree in English with an emphasis in creative writing from the University of Miami (Fla.). He graduated in December 2003 after just three and a half years in order to begin his NFL career before the 2004 NFL Draft. At Miami, he volunteered in the football office’s recruiting department.

Alonzo Highsmith

Highsmith played six seasons in the NFL and spent the past 19 seasons in the Green Bay Packers player personnel department. He joined the Packers as a college scout in 1999 and spent 13 years on the college scouting staff. He was promoted to senior personnel executive in 2012 and remained in that role through the 2017 season. During his time in Green Bay, the Packers earned 13 trips to the playoffs, nine NFC North division titles and a victory in Super Bowl XLV. From 1999-17, Green Bay won 304 games, fourth-most in the NFL during that span. The Packers also ranked second in the NFL with an average of 25.3 points per game from 1999-17.

As a running back, Highsmith was the third overall pick by the Houston Oilers in the 1987 draft. He spent his first three seasons (1987-89) with Houston, starting 40 consecutive games, before being traded to Dallas. He spent a year and a half (1990-91) with the Cowboys before finishing his career with Tampa Bay (1991-92). He retired following the 1992 season following a series of knee injuries. He appeared in 65 regular season games and rushed for 1,195 yards on 283 carries with seven touchdowns. He added 42 receptions for 428 yards and three touchdowns. Following his NFL playing career, Highsmith spent four years as a professional heavyweight boxer. He compiled a 27-1-1 career record.

A four-year letterman at the University of Miami, Highsmith helped the Hurricanes capture the 1983 national championship. He led the team in rushing his sophomore and senior seasons and earned a degree in business administration.
Old 01-10-18, 11:43 PM
All Yappi

Highsmith has been on board for a week now, but it was nice to make it official today. He and Texans QB coach Sean Ryan, the probable new Browns OC, were identified last week - https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/br...oordinator-job

Ryan is likely to sign today. Stellar resume, and perhaps the next Browns HC, if Hue's streak continues.
Old 01-11-18, 07:11 AM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Looks like Huey will need to start coaching,got an all new posey...BAM!
Old 01-11-18, 08:15 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Looks like Huey will need to start coaching,got an all new posey...BAM!
Who is he going to blame now???????
Old 01-11-18, 09:43 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
I would add Kerryon Johnson to that list. Is Sony Michel entering the draft as well ?
Yeah. IMO he'll be better than Chubb.
Old 01-11-18, 02:58 PM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Browns hire Elliot Wolf, son of Ron Wolf, as assistant GM. Nice add.
I think it's a bad hire.

These Packers guys have surrounded Aaron Rodgers with pretty weak talent for years
Old 01-11-18, 07:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Yeah. IMO he'll be better than Chubb.
agreed
Old 01-12-18, 05:38 AM
All Yappi

https://www.ohio.com/akron/sports/br...-advisory-role

Adam Henry replaces Al Saunders as WR coach. Maybe he can teach Corey Coleman how to catch a football ?