Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-08-19, 09:21 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I'd love to see a final four of Houston, Portland, Milwaukee and Toronto. The NBA broadcasting networks would have a complete meltdown.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-19, 10:44 AM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I'd love to see a final four of Houston, Portland, Milwaukee and Toronto. The NBA broadcasting networks would have a complete meltdown.
You're sinister, Clark.
Old 05-08-19, 11:11 AM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
10 years ago, you could have said that about Golden State, they are a small market franchise who's just been really good. Houston is actually a much bigger market that Golden State. Now Milwaukee and Toronto would be a killer on ratings.
Just to show the world that there isn't any shananigans going on, IF there was any kind of favoritism with officials or the league, the Celtics and Sixers would be an epic conference finals.
Old 05-08-19, 03:04 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
10 years ago, you could have said that about Golden State, they are a small market franchise who's just been really good. Houston is actually a much bigger market that Golden State. Now Milwaukee and Toronto would be a killer on ratings.
Just to show the world that there isn't any shananigans going on, IF there was any kind of favoritism with officials or the league, the Celtics and Sixers would be an epic conference finals.
True, excellence draws attention. I am also rooting for those teams as I am tired of Kyrie's BS, seen enough of Embid act, and had enough of Dramond and KD. I picked Portland over Denver as it's a smaller market.
Old 05-08-19, 06:59 PM
All Yappi

Looks like Ty Lue to the Lakers fell through, apparently after he got a pretty nifty Lakers birthday cake. LOL.

https://nypost.com/2019/05/08/tyronn...now-looks-bad/
Old 05-08-19, 09:40 PM
All Yappi

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Bye-bye Boston. Can't win when you shoot 31% and your "star" plays heroball. I'm sure Brad Stevens can't wait to get him out of town and get his team back. Not play hostage to a selfish megalomaniac.
Old 05-09-19, 06:57 AM
All American

Zezzo! is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Bye-bye Boston. Can't win when you shoot 31% and your "star" plays heroball. I'm sure Brad Stevens can't wait to get him out of town and get his team back. Not play hostage to a selfish megalomaniac.
As genius as Brad Stevens is/was he couldn't fix that? I thought he was the next Greg Popovich? Gordon Heyward is the highest paid player on the roster where was he? Kyrie was/is the same player he was in Cleveland but I guess it was all on him? Just askin'.......
Old 05-09-19, 07:18 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zezzo! View Post
As genius as Brad Stevens is/was he couldn't fix that? I thought he was the next Greg Popovich? Gordon Heyward is the highest paid player on the roster where was he? Kyrie was/is the same player he was in Cleveland but I guess it was all on him? Just askin'.......
Even Gregg Poppovich couldn't reel in Kawahi, who refused to show up and demanded a trade. When you demand a trade because you want to be the Alpha top dog, yes it is all on you for being the same player. He wanted to be the #1, the leader and failed.
Old 05-09-19, 08:24 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Lucky for the Warriors Durant's injury isn't an Achilles like many thought watching the game last night, but this is Houston's break. I'm shocked they couldn't close out the game last night after Durant left. The Warriors are in some trouble as even last night they really struggled to run an offense and get good looks when they needed to. They were bailed out by an Iggy baseline jumper, a Draymond 3 and a couple of boneheaded fouls on the Rockets part. Durant should probably sit tomorrow night regardless, in the hopes that GSW can close it out. If he can play in Game 7 then great, if not then GS probably loses and their championship run over as Durant leaves to join Kyrie in NYC.
Old 05-09-19, 11:50 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Even Gregg Poppovich couldn't reel in Kawahi, who refused to show up and demanded a trade. When you demand a trade because you want to be the Alpha top dog, yes it is all on you for being the same player. He wanted to be the #1, the leader and failed.
But the point is Pop has earned his rep he's proved it and he's still rolling without star power, Spurs has made the playoffs for the last two decades plus, with Pop as the head coach. Stevens last year was elevated as the next coming and was mentioned as being as great as Poppovich without winning even a conference championship yet, in fact, Boston didn't even make the conference finals this season with arguably the most talented roster 1-14 in the league. If he is such a proven coach, it is his job as the head coach to take the team to the next level, bottomline! Kawahi was the top dog in San Antonio, he'd already won championships. He's used to it. He's currently the top dog in Toronto. Stevens has admitted he did a bad job this season. He's the head coach, it's on him.
Old 05-09-19, 12:07 PM
All Yappi

No one is blaming Brad Stevens for this nightmare of a season in Boston, even if he tried to fall on the sword after being eliminated last night. This is all on Kyrie. Tatum sort of disappeared this year in the playoffs, as did Dozier but that's likely the effect of Kyrie.
Old 05-09-19, 12:43 PM
All World

Quote:
But the point is Pop has earned his rep he's proved it and he's still rolling without star power, Spurs has made the playoffs for the last two decades plus, with Pop as the head coach. Stevens last year was elevated as the next coming and was mentioned as being as great as Poppovich without winning even a conference championship yet, in fact, Boston didn't even make the conference finals this season with arguably the most talented roster 1-14 in the league. If he is such a proven coach, it is his job as the head coach to take the team to the next level, bottomline! Kawahi was the top dog in San Antonio, he'd already won championships. He's used to it. He's currently the top dog in Toronto. Stevens has admitted he did a bad job this season. He's the head coach, it's on him.
Stevens took over a team that went 0.500 and was gutted in the offseason, winning 25 games in his first season with a poor roster. He took most of that same team and won 40 games the next year, 48 wins, 53 wins, 55 wins. Things fall apart this year and they only ( ) won 49 games in a deeper than usual Eastern conference.

If that isn't proven, I'm not sure what is.
Old 05-09-19, 01:00 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
No one is blaming Brad Stevens for this nightmare of a season in Boston, even if he tried to fall on the sword after being eliminated last night. This is all on Kyrie. Tatum sort of disappeared this year in the playoffs, as did Dozier but that's likely the effect of Kyrie.
So how does Stevens get a pass? He is the head coach correct? On paper they were a better team than last season, they were picked to win to win the conference by a landslide and they didn't even finish 3rd in the conference. As the head coach you make out the lineups, find chemistry, pull guys in, define roles, squash beefs etc., manage egos, among many other things. Maybe he can't coach superstars in which he clearly could not do this season. Perhaps he's not ready for big time he definitely hasn't proved it. Again, Kyrie is the same strange guy he was in Cleveland with plenty game. Danny Ainge gets some of the blame as well in his assessment of Kyrie and how he fits with this team and Stevens system but it is your job as the coach to adapt to your personnel not the the player. So Stevens and Ainge struckout on this one not Kyrie.
Old 05-09-19, 01:19 PM
All Yappi

There's a lot of blame to go around in Boston. Ainge put together an incompatible roster; Stevens failed to figure out a way to lead or utilize the talent; Kyrie was a moody odd personality who failed to lead; Tatum went backwards; Brown failed to develop...

All in all, I very much enjoyed their decay.
Old 05-09-19, 01:31 PM
All American

Quote:
Stevens took over a team that went 0.500 and was gutted in the offseason, winning 25 games in his first season with a poor roster. He took most of that same team and won 40 games the next year, 48 wins, 53 wins, 55 wins. Things fall apart this year and they only ( ) won 49 games in a deeper than usual Eastern conference.

If that isn't proven, I'm not sure what is.
You're absolutely correct, that's improvement however, there's been many coaches in the NBA that's improved every season after a teams' been gutted but hasn't been hailed as a great coach as Stevens has. Dwayne Casey elavated his team every season in Toronto was even Coach of the Year in 2018 had the best record in the east last season with a team less talented than this year's Boston team, most wins in team history(59) and what happened? He was fired! They blamed him for not advancing out the second round. Same situation as Stevens this year. Stevens hasn't even won a conference title, but he's safe from criticism for doing a poor job this year? In a slightly improved Eastern Conference? Things fall apart for every team it's an 82 game season. Boston has more championships than any team in NBA history. I thought you had to win something to be proven(div. titles, conf. titles, championships) Good coaches win games, Stevens is a good coach he's won many games but he's not great and definitely hasn't proven he can win in big series. Maybe he's reached his ceiling?
Old 05-09-19, 02:10 PM
All Yappi

Sounds like we have a Brad Stevens hater in the building.
Old 05-09-19, 02:19 PM
All Yappi

Lost in this entire discussion is how well the Bucks look right now. Wouldn't shock me to see them come out of the East and win the whole thing. I also think Denver, assuming they win tonight give the Rockets more of a fight in the West Finals than many expect.
Old 05-09-19, 02:45 PM
All World

Quote:
You're absolutely correct, that's improvement however, there's been many coaches in the NBA that's improved every season after a teams' been gutted but hasn't been hailed as a great coach as Stevens has. Dwayne Casey elavated his team every season in Toronto was even Coach of the Year in 2018 had the best record in the east last season with a team less talented than this year's Boston team, most wins in team history(59) and what happened? He was fired! They blamed him for not advancing out the second round. Same situation as Stevens this year. Stevens hasn't even won a conference title, but he's safe from criticism for doing a poor job this year? In a slightly improved Eastern Conference? Things fall apart for every team it's an 82 game season. Boston has more championships than any team in NBA history. I thought you had to win something to be proven(div. titles, conf. titles, championships) Good coaches win games, Stevens is a good coach he's won many games but he's not great and definitely hasn't proven he can win in big series. Maybe he's reached his ceiling?
I stopped reading here. It isn't the same situation. Toronto was upset in back to back years getting swept in the 2nd round. Boston was upset in game 7 of the ECF and lost to the #1 seed in 5 in the second round.
Old 05-09-19, 04:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Lost in this entire discussion is how well the Bucks look right now. Wouldn't shock me to see them come out of the East and win the whole thing. I also think Denver, assuming they win tonight give the Rockets more of a fight in the West Finals than many expect.
Houston is going to have to show me first before I buy into them getting past the Warriors. Even with Durant out it's not a given they will beat GS, given their history.
Old 05-10-19, 06:11 AM
All American

Quote:
I stopped reading here. It isn't the same situation. Toronto was upset in back to back years getting swept in the 2nd round. Boston was upset in game 7 of the ECF and lost to the #1 seed in 5 in the second round.
I'll stop here. You clearly seeing what you want to see
Old 05-10-19, 06:49 AM
All World

Quote:
I'll stop here. You clearly seeing what you want to see
Says the guy who thinks losing in game 7 of the ECF and in 5 in round 2 to the #1 seed is the same as getting upset and swept in the 2nd round in back to back years.
Old 05-10-19, 11:48 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
I think Houston needed to win game 5 after Durant went out. It's going to be close but I still think Golden State wins one of the next two and advances ... unfortunately
Old 05-10-19, 12:06 PM
All American

KingKong24 is on a distinguished road
Heard on the radio the Warriors are 24-1 in games that Durant sits and Curry plays since 2016. The lone loss being to the Rockets in March I believe.
Old 05-10-19, 09:28 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Houston is going to have to show me first before I buy into them getting past the Warriors. Even with Durant out it's not a given they will beat GS, given their history.
Game 6 - tied at 57 at half. Curry 0 points and 3 fouls. I'm in shock, but I like GS so I'm happy with it. I hope they can pull it out. Was shocked to see most of the media pick GS to win the series still.
Old 05-10-19, 10:25 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
And just like that they start to score lol.
Old 05-10-19, 10:29 PM
All Yappi

Arrogate will become famous soon enough
Houston cant even inbound the ball. LOL. Just terrible basketball and a bunch of stupid shots.
Old 05-11-19, 07:49 AM
All Yappi

Congratulations Houston Rockets on your 7th place finish!

Just so damn predictable.
Old 05-12-19, 07:39 AM
All Yappi

Newest LeBron victim has been chosen. How soon until James runs him out of town and Kidd replaces him?

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2...ers-kidd-staff
Old 05-12-19, 05:16 PM
All Yappi

Nice game 7 win by the Blazers. Down 17 to come back and take the game. NEO's own CJ McCollum leading the way.
Old 05-12-19, 05:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Nice game 7 win by the Blazers. Down 17 to come back and take the game. NEO's own CJ McCollum leading the way.
TV commentators remarking how Lillard, who was having a bad shooting day, deferred the late game heroics to others on his team. Anyone think that James or Irving would do the same?