Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-09-19, 08:40 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwwarrior09 View Post
On the flip side, Curry's legacy is definitely on the line here if the Warriors go down in 5 or 6. He's going to have one title as "the man" with a historic choke job, and is going to look like an accessory piece on overwhelmingly talented KD oriented championship teams.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
The dude did put up 47 in Game 3 with no Klay and no KD. If he gets any help they have a shot to win that one. He did play pretty crummy in game 4.

At any rate, he's going to go down as the best shooter of all time. 1st ballot Hall of Famer. At least 3x champ. At least 2x MVP. His legacy will be just fine.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-19, 06:21 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
Raptor's probably don't win tonight but save it for their HOME court...BAM!
Old 06-10-19, 07:24 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymo View Post
Raptor's probably don't win tonight but save it for their HOME court...BAM!
They are on their home court tonight. BOOM!
Old 06-10-19, 08:31 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
We are also the North.
Old 06-10-19, 11:09 AM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
This has been a very good series with alot of storylines. The Raptors have taken advantage of the Warrior injuries and really turned the tables on the normally deeper team. The Raptors have also played at a high level the last couple of games. Leonard is a difficult guard for the Warriors, especially with Klay down. Livingston/ Iggy have been forced to play more minutes than they should to remain effective.
Even though the Raptors are up 3-1, I still say the Warriors can win this. They are the type of team that can get going at any time. Curry looked tired in game 4, if he can't perform at a high level, it's going to be tough.
Old 06-10-19, 02:11 PM
All Yappi

Durant is supposed to play tonight - whether he will be effective or not remains to be seen. If Kawhi scores 30+ I think the Raptors have enough to win it tonight. GS tends to play well with their backs against the wall, specifically Klay, but we'll see if they can regroup on the fly. I don't think many expected them to lose two at home, especially after they were able to force a split in Toronto the first two games. The Raptors are 5-1 against GS this season, can't see them losing 3 straight with 2 at home.
Old 06-10-19, 04:10 PM
All Yappi

You have to go right after Durant as a defender immediately, right ? See what he's got, see what they're doing to protect him ?
Old 06-11-19, 02:04 AM
All Yappi

brian1227 is on a distinguished road
Torn a C l stupud should never played.
Old 06-11-19, 08:11 AM
All Yappi

Is that^ ACL, Bri-guy ?
Old 06-11-19, 09:17 AM
All World

What a game last night, Warriors were down 6 with over 2 minutes to go and find a way to win it. Live by the 3, die by the 3. Thompson, Curry, Thompson was the last 3 buckets for the Warriors last night, erasing a 6 point deficit and taking a 3 point lead.
Draymond gets a piece of Lowery's 3 attempt at the horn to send it to a game 6.
What did Rudy T. say back in the 90's, never underestimate the heart of a champion.
Old 06-11-19, 10:39 AM
All World

Where did that line go of teams wanting to sign Durrant???
Old 06-11-19, 01:20 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Raptors just plain blew it.

I think Boogie Cousins now becomes and integral part of the series.
Old 06-11-19, 04:03 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Where did that line go of teams wanting to sign Durrant???
They're probably still there. I wonder if KD picks up his $30 mill player option to hang with GS/in the SF area next year while he rehabs. Fat chance he plays next season assuming it is an Achilles tear.

Also for those people like Barkley saying the Warriors are to blame or that someone should get fired over this injury - if KD thought he was still injured, he could have said no. The whole thing is nonsense. This is sports, guys can get injured - especially when trying to come back from a prior injury in a nearby spot (see Cousins with his Quad).

All that said, I don't care how raucous Oracle is Thursday, the Warriors don't have enough offense outside Steph and Klay to win. I think it's close through 3 Qtrs then Kawhi finishes it off in the 4th - possibly hitting a few jumpers from that spot where Zaza took out his ankle a couple years ago for the karma people and talking heads to drool over.
Old 06-12-19, 11:12 AM
All Region

ceebass13 is on a distinguished road
The most telling sign to me that Durant has played his last game with GS, is that he moved his business operations to NYC earlier this year.
Old 06-13-19, 09:39 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
They're probably still there. I wonder if KD picks up his $30 mill player option to hang with GS/in the SF area next year while he rehabs. Fat chance he plays next season assuming it is an Achilles tear.

Also for those people like Barkley saying the Warriors are to blame or that someone should get fired over this injury - if KD thought he was still injured, he could have said no. The whole thing is nonsense. This is sports, guys can get injured - especially when trying to come back from a prior injury in a nearby spot (see Cousins with his Quad).

All that said, I don't care how raucous Oracle is Thursday, the Warriors don't have enough offense outside Steph and Klay to win. I think it's close through 3 Qtrs then Kawhi finishes it off in the 4th - possibly hitting a few jumpers from that spot where Zaza took out his ankle a couple years ago for the karma people and talking heads to drool over.
If you're the Knicks, you're not winning anytime soon, so yes, KD may still be in the mix. But there is, and has been history where guys who rupture achiles are not the same. You want to go with a max contract for a question mark? NY got that with Carmello. It makes all the sense in the world for KD to reup with Golden State, possibly be ready for the postseason next year and go from there. He's made more money than he'll ever need anyway. You keep he, Klay and Steph in Golden State for the next 3-4 years, they are ALWAYS a contender.
Old 06-13-19, 08:30 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Hoping the Raptors can close it out tonight...
Old 06-14-19, 12:01 AM
All Yappi

Levi is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to Levi
Raptors pull it off...

Warriors fans (and NBA announcers) using injuries as the excuse but wouldn't hear it when the Cavs in 2015 had no Love and Kyrie for 4 of 26 quarters as well as opposing starting PG's in all of their series being injured or getting injured during series.
Old 06-14-19, 05:45 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
So happy for my friends in Toronto who could care less,HUGE hockey fans but I'm happy for the NBA...Great win for that town that is North of us...BAM!
Old 06-14-19, 07:20 AM
All District

mcm.1019 is on a distinguished road
Steph Curry now 0 for 8 on go-ahead shots in the final 20 seconds of playoff games.
Old 06-14-19, 08:05 AM
All Region

ceebass13 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by mcm.1019 View Post
Steph Curry now 0 for 8 on go-ahead shots in the final 20 seconds of playoff games.
Thing don't get any easier for him next season. Having to do everything without Klay and KD is going to be tough.
Old 06-14-19, 08:19 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
Raptors pull it off...

Warriors fans (and NBA announcers) using injuries as the excuse but wouldn't hear it when the Cavs in 2015 had no Love and Kyrie for 4 of 26 quarters as well as opposing starting PG's in all of their series being injured or getting injured during series.
Congrats Cavs fans. You now get your karma 5 years later and can now, hopefully get over the 2015 NBA Finals - then again, per this post maybe you can't.

I think GS will be fine. Assuming Durant leaves - which is probably closer to 50/50 at this point than many would think - Klay will be back around March/April next year and the front office will need to re-tool the bench because they were horrendous. As likeable a guy Livingston is, I think he needs to be gone. Boogie probably gone. Iggy likely back, but he'll be given plenty of nights off (load mgmt). I wouldn't expect GS to be in the top 4 seeds, but then again who knows how things will unfold this off-season. I do think they will be firmly back in the playoffs and if healthy, giving it another go come playoff time. They won't obviously be head and shoulders better than everyone without KD (cheat code as some have called him).

If anything this GS run just goes to show how incredibly difficult it is to 3-peat after Jordan's Bulls and Kobe/Shaq Lakers made it look fairly easy 15-20+ years ago.
Old 06-14-19, 08:37 AM
All District

It's not about karma or getting over anything, it's about how treating the situation the same. Cavs lost Kyrie/Love and nobody used it as an excuse. GS loses 2 guys, and the excuses are flying. Lebron misses game winning shots and gets crucified. Curry (the greatest shooter ever, according to some), is now 0 for 8 and gets a pass? And how about Curry getting abused by Fred VanVleet last night in the 4th? But for some reason GS is the media darling and they get a pass on these things. The refreshing thing about Toronto is that they just played the game. No pounding the chest, no trash talking.
Old 06-14-19, 08:46 AM
All World

Great game, great series, really enjoyed it. It's too bad the NBA and the networks are so pushy with it's stars and it's popular teams. Kyle Lowery, Serge Ibaka, Fred VanVleet, Siakam, Marc Gasol are all guys who few fans know, outside of Raptors fans.
Basketball is and always will be a team game. Even the Raptors star, Kawhi Leonard had an off game last night. Lowery, VanVleet and Siakam carried the load last night.
Many will say the Raptors were fortunate that the Warriors kept losing players, and there's some truth to that. But at the end of the day, injuries are part of the process and the Raptors were in line to benefit from it.
Old 06-14-19, 08:57 AM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
Klay Thompson torn ACL...

Golden State looking like it’ll go down as another overrated “Dynasty” that has a lucky run when times would good but faltered when faced with a little adversity
Old 06-14-19, 10:00 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBobcatFan06 View Post
Klay Thompson torn ACL...

Golden State looking like it’ll go down as another overrated “Dynasty” that has a lucky run when times would good but faltered when faced with a little adversity
How amazing is it that he tore his ACL, ran back onto the floor, hit two free throws, was jogging and jumping?

And I don't see Golden State like that at all. It's a new time, with free agency and player movements, even back to back titles are nearly impossible. The fact that the Warriors have been this good, this long is amazing. And if KD stays, he'll be back for the playoffs next season. Don't write them off just yet.

I'm guessing you're a Cavs fan? Their one single title was handed to them with Draymond's suspension in game 6.
Old 06-14-19, 10:40 AM
All District

Wouldn't call it "amazing". You can function with a torn ACL, but going side-to-side is the issue. If he doesn't shoot the FTs, he can't return to the game (and at that time he was trying to "shake off" the injury).

You had a good team already and added KD, who would rather join them than beat them, so that's not amazing either.
Old 06-14-19, 10:44 AM
All Yappi

OhioBobcatFan06 is on a distinguished road
Bad look for doctors in golden state... They misdiagnose Durant’s injury and he ends up with a ruptured achilles.

Now we’ve got Klay Thompson “jogging and jumping” on a torn ACL.

There’s a very real possibility they BOTH miss ALL of next season. All from the franchise purportedly “light-years” ahead of everyone else
Old 06-14-19, 01:06 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Took nearly 25 minutes to play the last 3;38 last night of the game and that is when the losing team only had 1 TO left.....

With that said, glad to see GS lose.

In terms of Leonard, can Toronto offer him more than anyone else in the next deal?

I am OK with guys leaving teams I guess if they feel they are going to get a substantial higher contract, or a much much better chance at winning a championship but.........
Old 06-14-19, 01:08 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by OhioBobcatFan06 View Post
Bad look for doctors in golden state... They misdiagnose Durant’s injury and he ends up with a ruptured achilles.

Now we’ve got Klay Thompson “jogging and jumping” on a torn ACL.

There’s a very real possibility they BOTH miss ALL of next season. All from the franchise purportedly “light-years” ahead of everyone else
Not sure it's a bad look. Klay wanted to play and did things that he could do without an ACL. My guess is once they examined it and found he could not move side to side, his basketball was done for awhile.
Some people tear ACL's and don't have surgery. If you don't do activities that make you move side to side, you have a desk job, it's optional.

Klay likely comes back just fine. KD, achilees are different, he may not be the same. Not sure it was misdiagnosed I just think it wasn't reported factually.
Old 06-14-19, 01:09 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
How amazing is it that he tore his ACL, ran back onto the floor, hit two free throws, was jogging and jumping?

And I don't see Golden State like that at all. It's a new time, with free agency and player movements, even back to back titles are nearly impossible. The fact that the Warriors have been this good, this long is amazing. And if KD stays, he'll be back for the playoffs next season. Don't write them off just yet.

I'm guessing you're a Cavs fan? Their one single title was handed to them with Draymond's suspension in game 6.
In the terms of a torn ACL and jogging and jumping....

I was at the steelers/lions game when Rod Woodson tore his ACL when he tried to tackle barry sanders. He was always my favorite steeler. When he went to the sidelines he was jogging, high stepping and it looked like he was going to come back in.

He didn't, and had a torn ACL so yeah, it is possible to do those things.

On a side note, the steelers kept him on the roster that year, and he made a few cameo appearances in the SB that season against the Cowboys.