Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-11-18, 09:09 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Benson/Fawcett/HOF Positioning to Host 2018 State Finals

Despite the overwhelming negativity on Yappi, things keep moving right along at Benson. Contracts have yet to be signed, but final details are being ironed for Canton to host the 2018 finals.

Apparently the rat-infested, poorly-concreted edifice is functional enough to host several concerts, the HOF festivities and the OHSAA finals again. While Terrell Owens and those like-minded posters hate the stadium and city, real decision-makers seem to see it differently

Let's see what happens this June and July regarding further improvements. I know the doom-and-gloomers won't accept it, but good things may actually be happening.

Hope and change!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-18, 11:28 AM
All District

fleadog101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Despite the overwhelming negativity on Yappi, things keep moving right along at Benson. Contracts have yet to be signed, but final details are being ironed for Canton to host the 2018 finals.

Apparently the rat-infested, poorly-concreted edifice is functional enough to host several concerts, the HOF festivities and the OHSAA finals again. While Terrell Owens and those like-minded posters hate the stadium and city, real decision-makers seem to see it differently

Let's see what happens this June and July regarding further improvements. I know the doom-and-gloomers won't accept it, but good things may actually be happening.

Hope and change!!
Seems like and what my nephew who is a n Attorney is now hearing that they might not be going back to Columbus
Old 06-14-18, 03:40 PM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Outside of Jim Tressel, did Columbus really want them? Now they're back in Canton, is Columbus really going to make a push to take them back again?
Old 06-14-18, 05:07 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Ah yes. Nice short drive for northeast Ohio and a not so nice trip across the state for the western half. Makes perfect sense...
Old 06-14-18, 06:27 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Provide a better option. More to it than having a decent facility. It takes people. If you have them make a proposal.
Old 06-15-18, 01:40 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
I think the plan is still to return to Columbus in 2019. But the OHSAA has a new commish at the end of summer. The Canton/Columbus rotation may change. Canton and the Hall will be hosting and NFL Centennial celebration starting in 2019 and into 2020.

The OHSAA is also working with the Hall on how the Finals are run. The ticketing system was a little late coming online last year and that should run much smoother. And the worst offender, parking, is being addressed. Parking will be allowed at the high school and the parking lot in Stadium park will be available (if the Hall of Fame starts paying their bills). This won't eliminate the need for parking at the Fairgrounds but will give fans options.
Old 06-15-18, 01:47 PM
All World

queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
Provide a better option. More to it than having a decent facility. It takes people. If you have them make a proposal.
I'm agnostic to the location, but people who make the claim that the NEO championships were any better run than those in Columbus are delusional.
Old 06-15-18, 03:22 PM
All Universe

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
I kinda liked parking and tailgating right up next to Ohio Stadium, then strolling right into game. But the atmosphere inside probably better in a 20k seat venue.
Old 06-15-18, 05:22 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Wasn't this announced by the OHSAA a couple of weeks ago?

http://ohsaa.org/news-media/articles...Site-Announced
Old 06-15-18, 10:26 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
There's nothing wrong with Ohio Stadium. I actually quite enjoyed it there. I liked going back to the parking garage in between each game and eat snacks and drink in between games instead of packing up and going up and traveling between stadiums like we used to have to do pre 2014. If the emptiness of it really bothers people then move it to Mapfre which might be vacant soon. Not that up to date on that Crew relocation debacle.
Old 06-23-18, 07:07 AM
All American

Under new management, the HOF Village team developed a new Port Authority revenue stream from Summit County. Other neighboring counties looking to do the same. Concerts coming up, HOF game and festivities right around the corner. And a major contractor has had meetings and visits about future work.

So far so good. Let's hope things keep moving in a positive direction.
Old 06-23-18, 08:42 AM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Pros and cons to both venues.

HOF stadium.
Pros: Very close to NE Ohio, beautiful state of the art stadium and not a bad seat in the house. Smaller Stadium venue made it feel more like a HS game atmosphere. Concessions and bathrooms easily accessible.
Cons: parking was awful. Had to take a shuttle. If u had to buy a ticket at the gate the lines were long and unorganized. I actually had a friend’s mother buy a ticket from a scalper at the gate for $20 to avoid standing in line and missing kick off. No post game celebration or ability to take any photos.

OSU
Pros: it’s the shoe! What kid hasn’t dreamed of playing there? Central to the entire state. Easy access and great parking. Tail gated and strolled right into stadium with no wait. Plenty of concessions, restrooms and dining afterwards. OSU provided a post game celebration venue next to stadium with DJ, activities and Refreshments.

Cons: stadium great but with 10K in attendance in a 100K stadium you kinda lose something. Although parking was easy and close, the people who run the OSU Parking are total A holes. After game while exiting we tried to ask a question to an attendant about parking next to celebration venue and was treated very rude and eventually told to F off. Said it to my wife. Escalated slightly but no police involved lol.
Old 07-01-18, 05:50 AM
All American

Home subscribers to the Rep received an impressive 40 page circular on the HOF Village. It details what has already been built, what is next to come and future developments, targeted for completion in 2020 and will be a focal point of the NFL centennial celebrations. At least 20 executives heading the various projects are highlighted.

27 sponsors advertise in the publication including local businesses, union reps, construction companies, architectural and infrastructure firms and other local tourist attractions.

All of this to say - seems like a lot of talented, reputable people are involved in getting this done. They must be unaware of the Yappi insider's info that said it will never happen.

P.S. Somehow they are having a concert tonight at Benson even though the inside info was that an army of marauding rats ate all the electrical wires inside of the stadium.
Old 07-01-18, 07:09 AM
All Yappi

LICKING COUNTY FAN is on a distinguished road
With this area of the state self proclamation to be the best in the entire state one has to wonder why these games do not sell out and them one may question how this area lost them to start with and lets not forget how the crowd size was decreasing each year, might make one wonder,is this really the best place to have these games, that are priced higher than some pro games and some college games too.

Last edited by LICKING COUNTY FAN; 07-01-18 at 07:38 AM.
Old 07-01-18, 03:12 PM
All World

BIG ED is on a distinguished road
Something tells me this facility might be built before the HOF Village is complete.
A new entertainment park is about to give Cedar Point a run for its money, as developers announced plans yesterday for a $2 billion entertainment park outside of Columbus in Delaware County.

Planet Oasis is being billed as the “ultimate entertainment experience,” according to developer David Glimcher.

The completed park is expected to be 350 acres, making it 265 acres larger than Disneyland.

Attractions filling up the massive park are set to include indoor skydiving, an indoor water park, restaurants, specialty retail shops, a hotel and a conference center, a rollercoaster, skate park, indoor surf park, BMX bike park, indoor climbing walls, a Medieval Times-esque experience, virtual reality games, E-Sports arena, a butterfly museum, 25-story skywheel, indoor electric go-karts, a bowling alley, laser tag, virtual golf and a 20-acre saltwater lake with sand beaches.

According to Glimcher, accommodations and opportunities for fun will be available at "all price points."

The park is estimated to bring nearly 15,000 jobs to Ohio. Construction is projected to begin in December with the first phase of the project expected to open in 2019.
Old 07-01-18, 05:08 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG ED View Post
Something tells me this facility might be built before the HOF Village is complete.
A new entertainment park is about to give Cedar Point a run for its money, as developers announced plans yesterday for a $2 billion entertainment park outside of Columbus in Delaware County.

Planet Oasis is being billed as the ďultimate entertainment experience,Ē according to developer David Glimcher.

The completed park is expected to be 350 acres, making it 265 acres larger than Disneyland.

Attractions filling up the massive park are set to include indoor skydiving, an indoor water park, restaurants, specialty retail shops, a hotel and a conference center, a rollercoaster, skate park, indoor surf park, BMX bike park, indoor climbing walls, a Medieval Times-esque experience, virtual reality games, E-Sports arena, a butterfly museum, 25-story skywheel, indoor electric go-karts, a bowling alley, laser tag, virtual golf and a 20-acre saltwater lake with sand beaches.

According to Glimcher, accommodations and opportunities for fun will be available at "all price points."

The park is estimated to bring nearly 15,000 jobs to Ohio. Construction is projected to begin in December with the first phase of the project expected to open in 2019.
This will absolutely be built before the ďDisneyland of footballĒ is built. The Columbus project wonít have a problem with finances like the disaster in Canton.
Old 07-03-18, 11:27 PM
All World

firewatch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Under new management, the HOF Village team developed a new Port Authority revenue stream from Summit County. Other neighboring counties looking to do the same. Concerts coming up, HOF game and festivities right around the corner. And a major contractor has had meetings and visits about future work.

So far so good. Let's hope things keep moving in a positive direction.
Looks like they have plenty of attorneys involved. David Baker and the HOF suing Welty. HAHAHAHA!!! Why havenít you posted anything about this M2M?

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201807...e-cancellation
Old 07-04-18, 06:12 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Pros and cons to both venues.

HOF stadium.
Pros: Very close to NE Ohio, beautiful state of the art stadium and not a bad seat in the house..
Why is it a good thing that it is " very close to NE Ohio ". Some people considering the travel involved would consider that a negative.
Old 07-04-18, 06:37 AM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
A new entertainment park is about to give Cedar Point a run for its money, ...

Attractions filling up the massive park are set to include ... a rollercoaster,
One rollercoaster. How exciting.
Old 07-04-18, 07:20 AM
All American

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
and that one roller coaster will put a hurt on Cedar Point?
Old 07-04-18, 08:54 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
One rollercoaster. How exciting.
If youíre building something bigger than Disney World, itís safe to say it will dwarf the HOF Village and Cedar Point. It will have enough different attractions to appeal to a wide range of interests. Itís not just about rides.
Old 07-04-18, 09:49 AM
All World

Striker300 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
If youíre building something bigger than Disney World, itís safe to say it will dwarf the HOF Village and Cedar Point. It will have enough different attractions to appeal to a wide range of interests. Itís not just about rides.
But if you want to give Cedar Point a run for it's money, it has to be about the rides. You contradict yourself from your original statement.
Old 07-04-18, 10:16 AM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
It will have enough different attractions to appeal to a wide range of interests. Itís not just about rides.
I know! It will have a bowling alley too!!!
Old 07-04-18, 10:27 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker300 View Post
But if you want to give Cedar Point a run for it's money, it has to be about the rides. You contradict yourself from your original statement.
Not my statement, the writer of the article. Just copied and pasted it.

Make fun of it, but I guess we’ll see when it’s done.
Old 07-04-18, 12:20 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Home subscribers to the Rep received an impressive 40 page circular on the HOF Village. It details what has already been built, what is next to come and future developments, targeted for completion in 2020 and will be a focal point of the NFL centennial celebrations. At least 20 executives heading the various projects are highlighted.

27 sponsors advertise in the publication including local businesses, union reps, construction companies, architectural and infrastructure firms and other local tourist attractions.

All of this to say - seems like a lot of talented, reputable people are involved in getting this done. They must be unaware of the Yappi insider's info that said it will never happen.

P.S. Somehow they are having a concert tonight at Benson even though the inside info was that an army of marauding rats ate all the electrical wires inside of the stadium.
Somehow that concert only managed to draw 7000 with a major recording artist...and the reporter in the Rep actually said it proved the viability of the venue as a concert host

There will be a number of high school games this fall in Stark that will draw that or more.

I'd be nervous if I was the Hall with that turnout.
Old 07-04-18, 12:53 PM
All American

Ts1960 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Somehow that concert only managed to draw 7000 with a major recording artist...and the reporter in the Rep actually said it proved the viability of the venue as a concert host

There will be a number of high school games this fall in Stark that will draw that or more.

Fake news, my2nosense will be here shortly to tell us all it was a compete sell out and the city made $10 mil with all of the people coming to Canton.
Out of that 7,000 the Hall gave away 1,300 tickets to all of the teachers in the county.
Old 07-04-18, 05:32 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by firewatch View Post
Looks like they have plenty of attorneys involved. David Baker and the HOF suing Welty. HAHAHAHA!!! Why havenít you posted anything about this M2M?

http://www.cantonrep.com/news/201807...e-cancellation
This is actually a good sign for the Hall but I wouldn't expect for you to understand. New management continues to correct past mistakes. When contractors weren't paid it was wrong. So is what happened here. And more corrections are on the way.
Old 07-04-18, 07:06 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post

Especially when they were charging 35 bucks to park! Yikes!
Old 07-05-18, 02:02 PM
All American

Some of you people have to get out of Stark County sometimes to see how things are done in popular locations and how much entertainment costs these days. Egret please help.
Old 07-05-18, 02:45 PM
All Yappi

TigerPaw is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Ah yes. Nice short drive for northeast Ohio and a not so nice trip across the state for the western half. Makes perfect sense...
I live in NE OH and it's a 2 hour drive to Canton for me. Boo hoo.