Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #31  
Old 06-12-18, 08:04 PM
BleedPurple&Gold BleedPurple&Gold is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-07-16
Posts: 76
BleedPurple&Gold is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
So what is that other poster so upset about?


Not sure probably someone stirring the pot. I have heard nothing but good about Coach Puckett. He demands them to do things right and if they donít they do it again. I see nothing wrong with that. He talks about teaching them to be good men, sons husbands just as much as football players. I guess some people donít like that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #32  
Old 06-12-18, 08:11 PM
winbypin winbypin is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Posts: 8,478
winbypin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple&Gold View Post
Not sure probably someone stirring the pot. I have heard nothing but good about Coach Puckett. He demands them to do things right and if they donít they do it again. I see nothing wrong with that. He talks about teaching them to be good men, sons husbands just as much as football players. I guess some people donít like that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Oh the humanity! Lol.

My high school football coach knew football. But he was a better person. He truly cared for his players and wanted the best for us in everything we did.
Reply With Quote
  #33  
Old 06-12-18, 08:37 PM
TippIsGreat TippIsGreat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-28-15
Posts: 1,006
TippIsGreat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by freedom_isnt_free View Post
I didn't know what to expect until I had a chance to meet and talk with Coach Puckett at the Rotary awhile back.

Football is a tough sport and the work that goes into being ready for the Friday night lights is anything but glorious. You can lay around a pool and kick it with your boys or you can work to be bigger, better, faster and stronger. It's a commitment and it's not for everyone then again neither is winning.

The program was in a tailspin and it crashed. Puckett has been brought in to pick up the pieces and build this thing the right way. For the first time maybe in forever Butler brought a guy in to coach football. Puckett comes from programs known for their toughness, intensity and success in CJ and Centerville. Those offseason programs at those schools are no walk in the park either but the weakness and excuses have long since been purged.

Numbers dwindled over the last few seasons and that attrition isn't going to be overcome in a single offseason. The numbers come back when a culture is born...and when the wins and excitement return. Kids quit every year and it's better to get them out now. If they quit when adversity strikes you know their character. If they will quit on you now they will sure as hell quit on you in the game when you need them most.

I'll take 35 kids that want to play and are willing to lay it all on the line anyday over 100 lukewarm bodies. Puckett is intense and he is demanding but he is fair and he is committed. He has his work cutout for him but he is the right man for the job. He is not here to please and cater he is here to build a program and put Butler in a position for sustained success.

I honestly cannot imagine a better guy for the job. I don't expect much this year in terms of wins and that shouldn't be an indictment on Puckett it will take some time to get it on track. But there will be noticable differences in how our young men battle on Friday nights. These guys will be relentless and brutal.
This is very well said. And I do believe Tipp is experiencing a similar although not as bad situation.
Reply With Quote
  #34  
Old 06-12-18, 08:49 PM
VBHSFB04 VBHSFB04 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-03-17
Location: Butler Twp
Posts: 135
VBHSFB04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple&Gold View Post
No they will go after school like every other program does.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Do you know that? That was the original plan. Ask any player or parent.
Reply With Quote
  #35  
Old 06-12-18, 09:05 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 872
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBHSFB04 View Post
Do you know that? That was the original plan. Ask any player or parent.
Thinning of the heard. Proud of the legacy this small number will start.
Reply With Quote
  #36  
Old 06-13-18, 07:24 AM
jpatt6879 jpatt6879 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 02-07-13
Posts: 40
jpatt6879 is on a distinguished road
Aviators!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #37  
Old 06-13-18, 07:36 AM
VBHSFB04 VBHSFB04 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 06-03-17
Location: Butler Twp
Posts: 135
VBHSFB04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple&Gold View Post
Not sure probably someone stirring the pot. I have heard nothing but good about Coach Puckett. He demands them to do things right and if they donít they do it again. I see nothing wrong with that. He talks about teaching them to be good men, sons husbands just as much as football players. I guess some people donít like that.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The idea of Football being a teaching tool to develop the player into a better person has been a pillar of coaching since the game was invented. President Theodore Roosevelt said he would not ban the game of football because it was a "builder of men" when there was a push to outlaw the game because it was too dangerous. Every coach in America uses the concept of developing the person in one form or another. Your suggestion that I don't like that couldn't be more inaccurate.
Reply With Quote
  #38  
Old 06-13-18, 10:16 AM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 872
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBHSFB04 View Post
..... Every coach in America uses the concept of developing the person in one form or another. Your suggestion that I don't like that couldn't be more inaccurate.
If you think "every" coach in America uses Football to focus on building up youth vs. winning only and personal agenda you are a lost cause.

You are literally whining about things being too hard. Get out of here, VB needs things to hard.
Reply With Quote
  #39  
Old 06-13-18, 10:21 AM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 872
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TippIsGreat View Post
Tipp is by no means in a “tailspin”. One losing season in 14 years and they are in a tailspin? I think not!
Sorry, I meant all the drama that was on here a few threads ago around coaches and assistants and honestly just girl soap opera noise. There is no debate that Tipp is one of the worst parent run sports schools in Greater Dayton area. The threads of a few months ago back that up.
Reply With Quote
  #40  
Old 06-13-18, 10:48 AM
BleedPurple&Gold BleedPurple&Gold is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-07-16
Posts: 76
BleedPurple&Gold is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBHSFB04 View Post
The idea of Football being a teaching tool to develop the player into a better person has been a pillar of coaching since the game was invented. President Theodore Roosevelt said he would not ban the game of football because it was a "builder of men" when there was a push to outlaw the game because it was too dangerous. Every coach in America uses the concept of developing the person in one form or another. Your suggestion that I don't like that couldn't be more inaccurate.


I never said you didnít like developing kids to be better men but I have not heard much drama about the program and the new coach except from you. Yes the numbers are down but I think numbers are down in most programs but I could be mistaken. The 2 classes you keep referring to have had there numbers dropping since middle school. My opinion is those classes have kids that donít want to work hard so they took the easy road and quit. Better for the program in the long run dropping kids that donít want to buy into it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #41  
Old 06-13-18, 12:37 PM
yakyak yakyak is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-14
Posts: 872
yakyak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedPurple&Gold View Post
I never said you didnít like developing kids to be better men but I have not heard much drama about the program and the new coach except from you. Yes the numbers are down but I think numbers are down in most programs but I could be mistaken. The 2 classes you keep referring to have had there numbers dropping since middle school. My opinion is those classes have kids that donít want to work hard so they took the easy road and quit. Better for the program in the long run dropping kids that donít want to buy into it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Youth tackle football participation linked to earlier onset of cognitive and emotiona Yappi Football 67 05-16-18 03:11 PM
Benedictine football alum's inspiring fight against ALS CleBen Football 2 12-15-17 01:51 PM
D VII State Semifinal: St. Paul (13-0) vs Minster (9-4) EagleFan Football 130 11-27-17 08:26 PM
Massillon Football Program: Booster Club DB135 Massillon Tigers 1 08-24-17 09:59 PM
Barberton: A Coaching Legacy frecriss Barberton Magics 16 06-18-17 07:07 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:11 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz