Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-04-18, 07:37 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Curry

Curry is the best outside shooter Iíve ever seen. His shooting transcends any player of any era. Iím not sure who I would say is the best all-time player, team, coach, etc., but there is no doubt in my mind Curry is the very best outside shooter of all-time. Freakish, really.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-18, 07:59 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
No doubt about that.
Old 06-04-18, 08:45 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
It's amazing, really. Great handle, too - fantastic kinesthetic sense when he drives. They really need to clobber him the way everyone arm-clubs LeBron like he's a seal when he drives the lane. Get in the double bonus every quarter and put the fear in that little sh1t. Shut him the f__ up and just let him stay outside and shoot.
Old 06-04-18, 10:30 AM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
No doubt the best outside shooter I've ever seen. The ability to create off the dribble and be patient enough to get the right switch and then put the knife in with a 32 foot rainbow.
Old 06-04-18, 11:44 AM
All World

Chop Stix is an unknown quantity at this point
Hopefully he stays consistent in Cleveland because I'd like to see him win Finals MVP.
Old 06-04-18, 12:36 PM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
Curry is the best outside shooter Iíve ever seen. His shooting transcends any player of any era. Iím not sure who I would say is the best all-time player, team, coach, etc., but there is no doubt in my mind Curry is the very best outside shooter of all-time. Freakish, really.
But they play all their games indoors?
Old 06-04-18, 12:38 PM
All World

The thing about Steph is that as much respect he gets for shooting, he shoots more layups than about any guard outside James Harden. He truly uses his outside shot to set up his drive. I would say he'd even be better in another era when the hand checks and bumping would be called more. Curry gets knocked down alot without it being called. You'd think he could draw more fouls.
Old 06-04-18, 02:16 PM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
The thing about Steph is that as much respect he gets for shooting, he shoots more layups than about any guard outside James Harden. He truly uses his outside shot to set up his drive. I would say he'd even be better in another era when the hand checks and bumping would be called more. Curry gets knocked down alot without it being called. You'd think he could draw more fouls.
Ehhh, some of these guys couldnít do everything they do now if they didnít allow carries, so itís hard to say. Curryís shot is pure for any era, though.
Old 06-04-18, 02:41 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I first saw him in Detroit in the Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight games when he dismantled Wisconsin. It was obvious then that he was special. He's special no doubt, but he's a little of a punk and he plays zero defense.
Old 06-04-18, 03:42 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I first saw him in Detroit in the Sweet Sixteen/Elite Eight games when he dismantled Wisconsin. It was obvious then that he was special. He's special no doubt, but he's a little of a punk and he plays zero defense.
Why is he a punk? Because he shimmies and smiles all over the court?

He's a midget compared to some of these other guys so it's understandable he gets taken advantage of on defense. He definitely isn't a good defender, but he plays more than "zero defense." He isn't James Harden from a few seasons ago.
Old 06-04-18, 04:37 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
It's amazing, really. Great handle, too - fantastic kinesthetic sense when he drives. They really need to clobber him the way everyone arm-clubs LeBron like he's a seal when he drives the lane. Get in the double bonus every quarter and put the fear in that little sh1t. Shut him the f__ up and just let him stay outside and shoot.
Agreed. A little Bad Boys Pistons era would cause him fits
Old 06-04-18, 04:40 PM
All World

Curry tries on defense imo, just doesnt have the frame/size to be a good defender who cares about defense when his offensive skill set is so lethal.

The thing about Curry that amazes me he is how he controls his space. Often times he seems locked down by two dudes and he somehow can get a shot/pass off
Old 06-04-18, 04:46 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Why is he a punk? Because he shimmies and smiles all over the court? .
Funny thing about Curry. When Love took his head off on the lay up there was no crying to the officials. He took a second to shake it off and calmly hit the and one. A few moments later he launches a deep 3 and then he grins.
His ability to bring the house down with a long dagger three followed with a grin is a game changer. The shot at half time in game one was vintage Curry.
Old 06-04-18, 04:50 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Curry tries on defense imo, just doesnt have the frame/size to be a good defender who cares about defense when his offensive skill set is so lethal.

The thing about Curry that amazes me he is how he controls his space. Often times he seems locked down by two dudes and he somehow can get a shot/pass off
Love watching Curry try to guard guard Lebron. He just swats him away with either forearm like a gnat.
Old 06-04-18, 04:52 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
It would give any of these players fits. You think they cry and take dives now.
They would earn their trip to the floor during that era.
Old 06-04-18, 05:23 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
Why is he a punk? Because he shimmies and smiles all over the court?

He's a midget compared to some of these other guys so it's understandable he gets taken advantage of on defense. He definitely isn't a good defender, but he plays more than "zero defense." He isn't James Harden from a few seasons ago.
Just not a fan of the attitude he occasionally displays. Here's Jay Williams pointing out a very recent example-

I have to admit though that the fact he puts it to the Cavs colors my opinion to some extent.

As for his defense, I get that he's not a big guy, but he's very similar in size to Joe Dumars who certainly did not have those issues.

Hard to believe that the Warriors have compiled a team that has maybe the best small man (Curry) and big man (Durant) shooters of all time, and on some nights, they're not even the best shooters on their own team (Thompson).
Old 06-04-18, 05:37 PM
All Yappi

Probably the reason Curry is fun to watch. Lebron stuffs his lay up. Lebron initiates trash talks and Curry responds despite his size. Both players defending their turf. Pick the analyst to get what we want to here. The NBA channel guys with Dereck Fischer and company do a great job of breaking down the games minute by minute.
They call out great plays, missed calls, charges, fouls and travels on both sides of the ball.
Old 06-04-18, 07:38 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Just not a fan of the attitude he occasionally displays. Here's Jay Williams pointing out a very recent example-

I have to admit though that the fact he puts it to the Cavs colors my opinion to some extent.

As for his defense, I get that he's not a big guy, but he's very similar in size to Joe Dumars who certainly did not have those issues.

Hard to believe that the Warriors have compiled a team that has maybe the best small man (Curry) and big man (Durant) shooters of all time, and on some nights, they're not even the best shooters on their own team (Thompson).
LeBron started that exchange after he blocked Curry's shot. But I love the fact that he went right back at LeBron.
Old 06-04-18, 08:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
They really need to clobber him the way everyone arm-clubs LeBron like he's a seal when he drives the lane.
Impossible to officiate LeBron. He gives more than he gets and is such a physical beast is impossible to stop going to the basket. The officials can't win.
Old 06-05-18, 06:01 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I can appreciate the fact that Curry has started to take the villain role, especially with how terrible Durant is at it. Durant is the one that bothers me, biggest puzzy in the NBA.
Old 06-05-18, 11:20 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
well done !

The best troll jobs start with some truth like this to set the reader up. Then you slip the turd into the punch bowl......Curry might be the biggest flopper in the league. He's a shameless fraud
Old 06-05-18, 11:27 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Yep. Unless he got the MJ treatment from the officials. People seem to forget that once Michael marketing took hold, no one was allowed to play rough with the NBA's Golden Child.
Old 06-05-18, 11:36 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
Impossible to officiate LeBron. He gives more than he gets and is such a physical beast is impossible to stop going to the basket. The officials can't win.
I disagree.

LeBron may force the contact, but he has position. Or he's charging. Call the flipping game by the rules. It may not be "fair" that such a large, strong man is that quick and handles the ball so well, but it is what it is. There is no excuse for permitting him to be hacked merely because he is able to finish through it.
Old 06-05-18, 12:45 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Call the flipping game by the rules.
This has been the NBA's biggest failure for as long as I can remember. Their officials are the worst in all major sports because the stated rules differ from their interpretations.
Old 06-05-18, 01:10 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
Love watching Curry try to guard guard Lebron. He just swats him away with either forearm like a gnat.
I would like to see LeBron play in an era when the offense player wasn't allowed to straight arm the defense on the way to the basket.
I don't know that there is a super star that has had the rules engineered more for his game than LeBron. The restricted area has allowed guys not to take charges on players anymore.
I've often said, how do you guard LeBron? He can run over your, or move you out of the way with his off arm with no offensive foul being called.
Old 06-05-18, 01:38 PM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
His size gives him the advantage in that area, not preferential treatment. It's a major part of what makes him so great.
Old 06-05-18, 02:23 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinstonSmith View Post
His size gives him the advantage in that area, not preferential treatment. It's a major part of what makes him so great.
So you are telling me Karl Malone could not have been a better player if he was allowed to run over people going to the basket?

Look LeBron is great, no doubt, but he's got a huge, huge advantage with rule changes in basketball. I'd guess he would foul out alot in the 80's when players took charges all the time. It was an acceptable way to play defense. YOu simply were not allowed to run over players going to the basket like today.

LeBron's career average of fouls per game... 1.8 fouls per game, virtually never is in foul trouble, yet he's one of the most physical players in today's game, and plays the most minutes
James Harden, who plays no defense, has a career 2.5 fouls per game. by comparison.
Something doesn't seem quite right with those numbers.
Old 06-05-18, 02:37 PM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
So you are telling me Karl Malone could not have been a better player if he was allowed to run over people going to the basket?

Look LeBron is great, no doubt, but he's got a huge, huge advantage with rule changes in basketball. I'd guess he would foul out alot in the 80's when players took charges all the time. It was an acceptable way to play defense. YOu simply were not allowed to run over players going to the basket like today.
There are as many charges called today as in the past. And Never, Ever , EVER compare LeBron to Karl Malone. I really liked Malone, but he had no where near LeBron's speed, ball handling, and agility. he was a muscle man, great rebounder, with a good shot. LeBron is Malone's size and power, with Stockton's vision, speed and passing. let that sink in. LeBron is #11 all time in assists. Kobe is #30. Everyone else in the top 30 is a point guard!
Old 06-05-18, 02:38 PM
All Ohio

wolves82 is on a distinguished road
As for Curry, I'm on board with 'best shooter of all time'. His ability to knock in off-balance shots from 25-30 feet is nothing short of magical. I enjoy watching him play when he isn't killing the Cavs.
Old 06-05-18, 02:55 PM
All World

Quote:

LeBron's career average of fouls per game... 1.8 fouls per game, virtually never is in foul trouble, yet he's one of the most physical players in today's game, and plays the most minutes
James Harden, who plays no defense, has a career 2.5 fouls per game. by comparison.
Something doesn't seem quite right with those numbers.
Thought you said LeBron doesnt play defense, 1.8 sounds about right if you dont play defense