Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Who wins NBA Championship: Cavs vs Warriors
Cavs in 4 0 0%
Cavs in 5 0 0%
Cavs in 6 2 6.90%
Cavs in 7 8 27.59%
Warriors in 4 9 31.03%
Warriors in 5 7 24.14%
Warriors in 6 3 10.34%
Warriors in 7 0 0%
Voters: 29. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-01-18, 07:19 AM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
They were expected to win by 13 and needed one of the all time bone head plays in NBA history to force OT for the win. And they're jawing off?
Thinking the same thing, but Draymond is gonna Draymond. Looked like LeBron actually started the jawing with Curry but then Klay jumped in and of course Draymond clapping in TT's face after the F2.

This was the game for Cleveland to get in these first two. It's not the same team GS is used to playing and it showed. They played awful defense most of the night with guys turning their back to the ball and pulling off the wrong shooters. Durant had 26 pts but a pretty mediocre shooting night for him and their bench didn't explode like it can. How many times can LeBron go for 40-50 in this series because that's what the Cavs are going to need to win 4 times.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-01-18, 07:31 AM
All American

jackson03 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
The way they explained it on TV, those plays are reviewable in the last 2 minutes. It isn't just the restricted area that can trigger that. Maybe I didn't hear them right, but either way awful decision by the NBA to open that can of worms.
What I've been reading is that the restricted area is supposed to be the sole trigger. HOWEVER that is not from any kind of official rulebook, obviously ABC said otherwise, and the whole thing is a little up in the air. Like you said, let's see what the NBA says today. They're certainly not going to admit fault, I know that much!

It was definitely an awful decision to go with this rule in this form in the first place, and then an awful implementation in this instance.
Old 06-01-18, 07:34 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
...and that's why you don't have a profoundly intellectually limited and unstable player on the floor in crunch time...

...and they had a TO in the bag. What a damn clown show.
Old 06-01-18, 07:43 AM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
LeBron was calling for one I thought
Old 06-01-18, 07:50 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
The charge/block could could have gone either way. The fast that it is reviewable ONLY when they are reviewing whether the defender is in or out of the restricted area is an egregious rule. Whatever they call on the floor should stand. If that same play happens at the foul line, this never happens.

GS got very lucky, unfortunately that essentially means the series is finished.
Old 06-01-18, 07:53 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Anyway ... this is a game the Cavs could/should have won ... and they let it get away ... when your in the position they were in they have to find away to get it done ... they didn't ... they just need to move on and do whatever they need to do to get ready to steal game 2. In my opinion, I would not start both Love & Thompson ... I would start Nance or Green for a better match up IMO.
Old 06-01-18, 07:57 AM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
He was. But it was "late" in the possession (if you can call 2-2.5 seconds late) and the Refs weren't looking at him. JR is just a total dumbazz.
Old 06-01-18, 08:00 AM
All World

Another foul not being talked about was George Hill "pushing"Green in the back for an and one. Not sure if he even touched him
Old 06-01-18, 08:10 AM
All World

WinstonSmith has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Another foul not being talked about was George Hill "pushing"Green in the back for an and one. Not sure if he even touched him
Yep, I remember that play as well. Maybe literally had his fingertips resting on his back.
Old 06-01-18, 08:15 AM
All World

14Red is an unknown quantity at this point
Heck of a game by the Cavs last night. One thing about the Warriors, they do allow you to score because they want to keep the pace going.

I can't say enough how bad I feel for JR Smith. Fans have no idea how badly a player can feel when something like this happens. Yes, he made a big mistake, but folks, it's sports. As I've said on this board a million times, there were dozens of opportunities for the Cavs to win that game last night than to pin it on one play, one player.

I don't know if JR can ever get over this. Bill Buckner was never the same after the ball went through his legs that would have ended the world series in '86.
I only hope that somehow JR can get past this. Not because I like him or anything like that. But he's a human being folks. He plays in the top basketball league in the world, he's had a long career and has won a title.
Old 06-01-18, 08:29 AM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
If anyone could get over it ... it would be JR ... probably will not remember it tomorrow!
Old 06-01-18, 08:45 AM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
If anyone could get over it ... it would be JR ... probably will not remember it tomorrow!
Amen, with that mental void, I don't think he's up many nights pondering. Also, it's not the first time he's made a boneheaded play.
Old 06-01-18, 09:15 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Frankly, it doesn't matter whether it was a charge or a block. What is absurd is that it's never, ever been overturned before when the guy is outside the circle, and now we're going to do it in the NBA Finals with under a minute left? Are you f**king kidding me?
Old 06-01-18, 09:18 AM
All Yappi

Michael Bluth is on a distinguished road
Kinda funny that JR is to blame for the Curry three at the end of the first half as well, with a boneheaded steal attempt. Literally all he had to do was stand in front of him.

I guess I feel bad for him, but botching the end of two halves of basketball with mental blunders is tough to forgive
Old 06-01-18, 09:47 AM
All World

Not a huge LeBron fan, but I was so happy he walked out of that press conference last night. The national media is so crappy when it comes to dealing with reality. Most of these people have no idea what playing sports and the ups and downs are. That reporter, who I've seen on ESPN, no sure if he still works there or not, was basically baiting LeBron into some comments that he'd probably regret. LeBron is very smart, the knows his brand and he's not going to go on some tirade about how the end of the game went. He's moved on. I understand "why" the media does this, but I just think it's crap.
Old 06-01-18, 09:56 AM
All World

Hilarious how 1Red assumes anyone who doesn't currently play professional basketball have never played organized sports, so they don't understand what playing sports is like.
Old 06-01-18, 10:29 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Hilarious how 1Red assumes anyone who doesn't currently play professional basketball have never played organized sports, so they don't understand what playing sports is like.
Even more hilarious because I'm sure 14Red has played professional sports. How would know?
Old 06-01-18, 10:44 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Bluth View Post
Frankly, it doesn't matter whether it was a charge or a block. What is absurd is that it's never, ever been overturned before when the guy is outside the circle, and now we're going to do it in the NBA Finals with under a minute left? Are you f**king kidding me?
Yes, absolutely. You start reviewing judgement calls and the intgrity of the game suffers.

Now I know Cavs fans are all up in a lather because some of the biggest calls went against the Cavs, but there were calls the other way that wasn't good either.
Case in point. Steph goes down the lane an makes a layup and gets hit - in the head - by Love. I was honestly waiting for a review for a flagrant foul with the hit to the head...play didn't even stop.

And I'm sorry, but I just laugh when LeBron James plays 45 plus minutes in a game, as hard as he does, as physical as he does, and only has two fouls. And one of those was the overturn of the charge call?? He has 6 fouls game, at least call 3-4 to make it look legit.
Old 06-01-18, 11:32 AM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Durant said this morning a similar call was over turned against him last year.

Looked like a block on replay but as stated why go there. The chirping at the end of the game was going both ways. Lebron blocked Curry and made his comments and Curry responded in kind. Probably something like scoreboard and how stupid his team mate JR is. A few minutes later Lebron and Curry are
talking buddy buddy to each other. Again both probably laughing about how stupid JR is. An idiotic play to let Curry get the three before half and a stoner play after the free throw.

Last edited by Southwest Guy; 06-01-18 at 11:47 AM..
Old 06-01-18, 12:32 PM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Lebron deserves better. How any fan of basketball could want to watch the best ever waste his last years with this mismanaged organization is beyond me.

Jordan never had to deal with nonsense like this. Tough to imagine Pippen, Kerr, Kukoc, Harper, etc. not knowing the score of the game with 4 seconds left in the NBA finals.
Old 06-01-18, 12:35 PM
All World

Interesting box out strategy by Draymond on the final play of regulation

Old 06-01-18, 01:17 PM
All World

Dude is a such a POS
Old 06-01-18, 01:19 PM
All World

Quote:
after the clock went out...
Old 06-01-18, 01:22 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwest Guy View Post
Durant said this morning a similar call was over turned against him last year.

Looked like a block on replay but as stated why go there. The chirping at the end of the game was going both ways. Lebron blocked Curry and made his comments and Curry responded in kind. Probably something like scoreboard and how stupid his team mate JR is. A few minutes later Lebron and Curry are
talking buddy buddy to each other. Again both probably laughing about how stupid JR is. An idiotic play to let Curry get the three before half and a stoner play after the free throw.
Per TheRender the block/charge review happened during an Indiana-OKC game in December. Initially called charge, but reversed to block.
Old 06-01-18, 01:24 PM
All World

Draymond is the guy you hate on the other team, but the guy you'd love to have on your team. He defends 5 positions, doesn't need a ton of shots, is a good passer and is a perfect compliment to Curry, Thompson and Durrant. I've said before it's all said and done, his value is underestimated on that team.
Old 06-01-18, 01:44 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Interesting box out strategy by Draymond on the final play of regulation

I'll take that over Durant's box out on that play. How in God's name do you let yourself get pushed under the basket that bad. What is the official looking at with D. Green on J. Green's back like that?
Old 06-01-18, 01:45 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by adselder09 View Post
I'll take that over Durant's box out on that play. How in God's name do you let yourself get pushed under the basket that bad. What is the official looking at with D. Green on J. Green's back like that?
JR - he knows he's about to do something spectacular or incredibly stupid. There's no inbetween.
Old 06-01-18, 01:47 PM
All World

Yeah I get the idea that some stuff gets let go in that situation, similar to pass interference on a hail mary, but that's too blatant to miss. He's literally jumping on his back and wrapping him him
Old 06-01-18, 01:58 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
after the clock went out...
He called for one with about 1.2 seconds left
Old 06-01-18, 02:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
JR - he knows he's about to do something spectacular or incredibly stupid. There's no inbetween.
How do you have that player on the court at that point in the game?