Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Baseball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 05-30-18, 01:30 AM
FootballCrazy1 FootballCrazy1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-26-14
Location: Stark County
Posts: 121
FootballCrazy1 is on a distinguished road
North Canton Hoover and Perry Panthers Coaches

Looks like Hoover and Perry need new head coaches heading into next year. Hite at Hoover retires and Rembliak resigns (although not official from Perry Admin) Who are the candidates ? Anyone on current staffs ?

Ashby - Hoover ? Current pitching coach

Brian Gamble to Perry from Sandy Valley ? Two Gambles in the Federal league ?

Thoughts ??
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-01-18, 06:31 AM
IceDad34 IceDad34 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-25-06
Posts: 463
IceDad34 is on a distinguished road
Kinda Shocked Rem is leaving after only 3 years, seems like a great retirement job for him.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-03-18, 10:13 PM
02slider 02slider is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-31-08
Posts: 179
02slider is on a distinguished road
Heard the North Canton job was posted on Friday. Any one have any names of candidates?

Perry job should be filled relatively quick. Hearing they have a leading candidate. What names are out there for this job. Should have some good pitching coming back.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-04-18, 10:12 AM
tcgobucks tcgobucks is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-21-11
Posts: 1,047
tcgobucks is on a distinguished road
Any chance Rem is going back to Akron?
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-04-18, 12:57 PM
WildcatBall123 WildcatBall123 is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 08-24-16
Posts: 31
WildcatBall123 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by IceDad34 View Post
Kinda Shocked Rem is leaving after only 3 years, seems like a great retirement job for him.
no shock since he's going back to UA I heard.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-04-18, 06:53 PM
FootballCrazy1 FootballCrazy1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-26-14
Location: Stark County
Posts: 121
FootballCrazy1 is on a distinguished road
Rumors has it Perry IS NOT HIRING an internal candidate? Should be announced soon.

Rem has one year left at Perry as an Asst AD(at about 78k) then could leave for Akron IF he still wanted to coach.

Hoover I still think will be Brian Ashby, but we shall see.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-04-18, 09:37 PM
02slider 02slider is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-31-08
Posts: 179
02slider is on a distinguished road
I can see Rem back at Perry. Must have been hard going from college to high school. Could be a great hire for the University of Akron.

Anyone know who is applying for the Hoover job yet? Hearing a few names but nothing confirmed.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-11-18, 12:41 PM
02slider 02slider is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-31-08
Posts: 179
02slider is on a distinguished road
Any news on the two coaching jobs in Fed (Perry and NC)?

Hear interviews are starting later this week for Hoover. Any names being thrown around?

Perry has a few internal and outside guys that would fit great with the program.

Best of luck to both schools.

Congrats to all players who made Fed League honors this Spring.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-11-18, 11:34 PM
Truck Yeah Truck Yeah is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-14-13
Posts: 13
Truck Yeah is on a distinguished road
I would hate to follow Hite!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-12-18, 10:15 AM
02slider 02slider is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-31-08
Posts: 179
02slider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Truck Yeah View Post
I would hate to follow Hite!!!!!
And why would that be?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-12-18, 10:01 PM
Truck Yeah Truck Yeah is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 09-14-13
Posts: 13
Truck Yeah is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02slider View Post
And why would that be?
14 Years as head coach. Success for the most part of his career. For 28 years with both boys and girls, he is respected by both players and parents (a majority of them anyhow). You better have your ducks in alignment or will be eaten alive. No?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-16-18, 11:30 AM
WhatsupDoc WhatsupDoc is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-08-03
Posts: 755
WhatsupDoc
I just hope Hoover doesn't hire another Dad!!! That hasn't worked out to well. Good luck to whoever gets it.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-17-18, 09:04 AM
02slider 02slider is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-31-08
Posts: 179
02slider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsupDoc View Post
I just hope Hoover doesn't hire another Dad!!! That hasn't worked out to well. Good luck to whoever gets it.
Don't punish coaches because they are dad's. I understand some hires have not been the right one but if a dad is the best candidate for the job then I want the dad. My son has played for many dad coaches and we have had nothing but great experiences at the high school and summer levels.

Hoover and Perry just need to hire baseball guys with experience. I trust both schools will do that. Perry has a lot of talent just need a coach that will get them going. Just my opinion.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-20-18, 08:17 PM
WhatsupDoc WhatsupDoc is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-08-03
Posts: 755
WhatsupDoc
02slider, Hoover has just has a lot of coaches that are dad's of late.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-21-18, 08:05 AM
02slider 02slider is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-31-08
Posts: 179
02slider is on a distinguished road
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsupDoc View Post
02slider, Hoover has just has a lot of coaches that are dad's of late.
I totally understand where you are coming from. If the dad coach is there just to see his kid play that would not be a good hire. On the other end of that I have seen coaches with no kids, little experience, or guys with tons of experience not do such a good job either.

Any news on the Candidates for these two jobs at Perry and Hoover? When McKinley and Hoover were looking for Basketball Coaches you heard about the coaches who were interested and applied, but nothing on these two openings. These two jobs should be a big deal because both schools have a pretty good tradition. Just shocked that no one is saying anything. All I have heard is that there are 3 internal candidates and two outside people for the Hoover job and for Perry I heard there were a couple of internal guys and 3 or 4 outside.

I am hoping Perry makes a decision by the end of the summer. Hearing Hoover has already started interviews.

Need some other input in this thread besides the 3 of us (LOL) Anyone
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-22-18, 03:46 PM
iceman84 iceman84 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 12-21-05
Location: Perry Twp.-God,s country
Posts: 224
iceman84
Perry hire........

Matt Miller- Perry Baseball
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-22-18, 06:46 PM
IceDad34 IceDad34 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-25-06
Posts: 463
IceDad34 is on a distinguished road
Where is Matt Miller from and what background does he have? Has he been hired ?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-22-18, 10:06 PM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 12,724
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsupDoc View Post
I just hope Hoover doesn't hire another Dad!!! That hasn't worked out to well. Good luck to whoever gets it.
They better hire Ashby for at least the next 3 years...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-22-18, 11:10 PM
02slider 02slider is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-31-08
Posts: 179
02slider is on a distinguished road
The name Matt Miller sounds familiar. Where is he from? Is he an internal guy? Whoever takes the Perry job will have the pitching but will need to work out some of the defensive struggles they had this past season.

Ashby will probably be the guy that is hired just cause he is internal but he is not the guy the people want. I am hearing some rumblings about him. He can not be the best that applied? What experience does he have besides part time assistant coach. Who were some of the other candidates? Heard about some internal guys but any external guys? If Hoover hires Ashby poop will hit the fan. Why hire a guy for only 3 years?

Perry and Hoover need to get a quality coach. When will they be hiring coaches?

Is Wallace still at Green? Is there any truth to Parker coming back as head coach at any of these openings?
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-23-18, 07:32 AM
IceDad34 IceDad34 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 10-25-06
Posts: 463
IceDad34 is on a distinguished road
My son said Matt Miller was his counselor when he was at Perry and was some sort of Football coach.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-23-18, 08:01 AM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 12,724
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02slider View Post
The name Matt Miller sounds familiar. Where is he from? Is he an internal guy? Whoever takes the Perry job will have the pitching but will need to work out some of the defensive struggles they had this past season.

Ashby will probably be the guy that is hired just cause he is internal but he is not the guy the people want. I am hearing some rumblings about him. He can not be the best that applied? What experience does he have besides part time assistant coach. Who were some of the other candidates? Heard about some internal guys but any external guys? If Hoover hires Ashby poop will hit the fan. Why hire a guy for only 3 years?

Perry and Hoover need to get a quality coach. When will they be hiring coaches?

Is Wallace still at Green? Is there any truth to Parker coming back as head coach at any of these openings?
Why hire him for 3 years? Because of his son. Varsity in 3 sports as a freshman, potential starting QB this year.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-23-18, 09:05 AM
02slider 02slider is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-31-08
Posts: 179
02slider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Why hire him for 3 years? Because of his son. Varsity in 3 sports as a freshman, potential starting QB this year.
So hire him because of his son, not because of his coaching? His son will be a great athlete but wasn't ready for the varsity level at any sport last year as a freshman. Please don't make this about hire him because of his child. I know people in that community they do not want him as a coach. The players are speaking up as well. Going to be an interesting decision

Perry-. So is this Matt Miller a baseball guy? Where is he now? Alot of talent at Perry. Somebody has to know something.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-23-18, 09:54 AM
reggiejackson reggiejackson is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 04-01-15
Posts: 115
reggiejackson is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02slider View Post
So hire him because of his son, not because of his coaching? His son will be a great athlete but wasn't ready for the varsity level at any sport last year as a freshman. Please don't make this about hire him because of his child. I know people in that community they do not want him as a coach. The players are speaking up as well. Going to be an interesting decision

Perry-. So is this Matt Miller a baseball guy? Where is he now? Alot of talent at Perry. Somebody has to know something.
He wasnt ready for the varsity level at any sport but started in all 3? Lol. Ok
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-23-18, 11:12 AM
WhatsupDoc WhatsupDoc is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-08-03
Posts: 755
WhatsupDoc
Y2h, hire him just because his son is a good athlete??? So sacrifice all the other players to make one parent happy. What happens if he doesn't get the job?

02Slider, do you see now what I mean about hiring dads? This is starting to happen in all the sports.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-23-18, 11:35 AM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 12,724
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsupDoc View Post
Y2h, hire him just because his son is a good athlete??? So sacrifice all the other players to make one parent happy. What happens if he doesn't get the job?

02Slider, do you see now what I mean about hiring dads? This is starting to happen in all the sports.
He coached under Hite, he's not some guy walking off the street with no experience.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-23-18, 02:28 PM
WhatsupDoc WhatsupDoc is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 01-08-03
Posts: 755
WhatsupDoc
Y2h, but is he going to be around for longer then 3 years? Or is it just going to be a 3 and done thing? I don't know.
I do know that next year's soph class is loaded in every sport. So good luck to whoever gets it.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-24-18, 12:03 AM
dkt dkt is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 04-14-14
Posts: 40
dkt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 02slider View Post
So hire him because of his son, not because of his coaching? His son will be a great athlete but wasn't ready for the varsity level at any sport last year as a freshman. Please don't make this about hire him because of his child. I know people in that community they do not want him as a coach. The players are speaking up as well. Going to be an interesting decision

Perry-. So is this Matt Miller a baseball guy? Where is he now? Alot of talent at Perry. Somebody has to know something.
02slider, I know exactly who you are and just because you don't think you're getting the job, you're going to slander someone behind a screen name? Ashby's son was most definitely ready for varsity baseball this year and the best option at 3rd, could've stayed at Ss over Hite even imo. IMO, he was one of the best fielding 3rd baseman Hoover has seen in a long time from seeing a couple of games. His bat needs work, but that will come with strength. I also can't imagine Ashby staying less than 10 years or so if he were to get the job. Ive heard some kids in the senior to be class signed a letter to hire a certain former coach.... That doesn't look good to me either... Btw that guy is a dad too (Ware). You think the administration will hire someone bc players signed a letter. Talk but about giving what the parents want....geez. I'm not saying Ashby has to be the guy, but he played at Hoover, Captain at Kent State and coached at Hoover for around 10 years. I'd be interested to hear if there are any guys that can match that. Whoever it is needs to bring some change to take the program to the next level. My only concern with Ashby or Ware is that they coached with Hite, so how will they change things for the better? Parker wouldn't be a good fit, he stepped down at Lake for a reason. Any other intriguing names? Doesn't seem like many want the job at Hoover.... Parents trying to run things maybe,?

If indeed Ashby is hired, I hope 02slider and his "cronies" buy in or it will be a disappointment of a season for many.

Pretty sure Matt Miller is a former Perry player with very little coaching experience. If it's the same guy I'm thinking, he was the QB in Perry's final for football team years ago... Good baseball player too!
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-24-18, 09:41 AM
02slider 02slider is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-31-08
Posts: 179
02slider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkt View Post
02slider, I know exactly who you are and just because you don't think you're getting the job, you're going to slander someone behind a screen name? Ashby's son was most definitely ready for varsity baseball this year and the best option at 3rd, could've stayed at Ss over Hite even imo. IMO, he was one of the best fielding 3rd baseman Hoover has seen in a long time from seeing a couple of games. His bat needs work, but that will come with strength. I also can't imagine Ashby staying less than 10 years or so if he were to get the job. Ive heard some kids in the senior to be class signed a letter to hire a certain former coach.... That doesn't look good to me either... Btw that guy is a dad too (Ware). You think the administration will hire someone bc players signed a letter. Talk but about giving what the parents want....geez. I'm not saying Ashby has to be the guy, but he played at Hoover, Captain at Kent State and coached at Hoover for around 10 years. I'd be interested to hear if there are any guys that can match that. Whoever it is needs to bring some change to take the program to the next level. My only concern with Ashby or Ware is that they coached with Hite, so how will they change things for the better? Parker wouldn't be a good fit, he stepped down at Lake for a reason. Any other intriguing names? Doesn't seem like many want the job at Hoover.... Parents trying to run things maybe,?

If indeed Ashby is hired, I hope 02slider and his "cronies" buy in or it will be a disappointment of a season for many.

Pretty sure Matt Miller is a former Perry player with very little coaching experience. If it's the same guy I'm thinking, he was the QB in Perry's final for football team years ago... Good baseball player too!
Love the fact you think you know who this is. As far as me applying for this job, I HAVE NOT. If Ashby is the guy so be it I am sure he would do a great job for the program. Not sure who you are but knowing about a letter the players might have wrote you must have an inside scoop on things. I do not even know who applied for this position. Do not accuse people of "slandering" it was an opinion that many people have. Maybe your mad you did not get the position. All I know is that Hoover and Perry will play baseball next Spring and they both need coaches, and they will get them whoever they determine. Like they say in sports "Trust the Process."
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-24-18, 10:17 AM
y2h y2h is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-18-01
Location: Mr. H-O-O-V-E-R!!!!
Posts: 12,724
y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkt View Post
02slider, I know exactly who you are and just because you don't think you're getting the job, you're going to slander someone behind a screen name? Ashby's son was most definitely ready for varsity baseball this year and the best option at 3rd, could've stayed at Ss over Hite even imo. IMO, he was one of the best fielding 3rd baseman Hoover has seen in a long time from seeing a couple of games. His bat needs work, but that will come with strength. I also can't imagine Ashby staying less than 10 years or so if he were to get the job. Ive heard some kids in the senior to be class signed a letter to hire a certain former coach.... That doesn't look good to me either... Btw that guy is a dad too (Ware). You think the administration will hire someone bc players signed a letter. Talk but about giving what the parents want....geez. I'm not saying Ashby has to be the guy, but he played at Hoover, Captain at Kent State and coached at Hoover for around 10 years. I'd be interested to hear if there are any guys that can match that. Whoever it is needs to bring some change to take the program to the next level. My only concern with Ashby or Ware is that they coached with Hite, so how will they change things for the better? Parker wouldn't be a good fit, he stepped down at Lake for a reason. Any other intriguing names? Doesn't seem like many want the job at Hoover.... Parents trying to run things maybe,?

If indeed Ashby is hired, I hope 02slider and his "cronies" buy in or it will be a disappointment of a season for many.

Pretty sure Matt Miller is a former Perry player with very little coaching experience. If it's the same guy I'm thinking, he was the QB in Perry's final for football team years ago... Good baseball player too!
The baseball program was pretty healthy under Hite. Won a district title, lost a district final 1-0 on a balk vs state champion Jackson.
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-24-18, 10:18 AM
02slider 02slider is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 07-31-08
Posts: 179
02slider is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatsupDoc View Post
Y2h, hire him just because his son is a good athlete??? So sacrifice all the other players to make one parent happy. What happens if he doesn't get the job?

02Slider, do you see now what I mean about hiring dads? This is starting to happen in all the sports.
Absolutely I see what you mean. Geez some people are getting really up tight. Both schools I'm sure will have a hire by the end of summer.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Brankman Report The Brankmen Wrestling 12 03-14-18 08:33 PM
Mid-season Rankings (all three divisions posted 1-4-17 late evening) bucksman Wrestling 32 02-09-18 12:10 AM
Preseason Rankings - statewide divisional (2017-18) bucksman Wrestling 18 12-18-17 09:07 AM
2017-2018 Basketball Schedules Yappi Boys Basketball 60 11-30-17 01:53 PM
2017 Division II Schedules EagleFan Archives 32 10-25-17 11:29 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:20 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz