Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-04-18, 05:56 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLS View Post
It seems that it should be Mr. Hardin's responsibility to follow up. He should have said "I will" in stead of "I would."
First of all, excellent job by everyone here on getting to the bottom of the matter.

I'm with yj on this one. It's the OHSAA's job to follow through on whatever penalty they have enacted in this case. If the penalty is no team points, it's on the OHSAA to make sure that happens.

While it would be noble of Mr. Hardin to bring the issue to the OHSAA's attention, I don't believe he is under any obligation to do so. If the State of Ohio sentences me to the electric chair, is it my job to make sure the switch gets flipped?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-18, 01:24 PM
Varsity

hammer89 is on a distinguished road
OHSAA board of directors minutes, which will be posted in the upcoming days, include the Oyler infraction.

"5. Cincinnati Oyler High School failed to comply with Constitution Article 3-3-4 and/or 3-3-5, Continuing Membership - Participation in 50% of Maximum Allowable Regular Season Contests, Two Sport Minimum and OHSAA Post Season Tournament, during the winter sports season. As a result, the school has been placed on probation. During the probationary period all sports teams sponsored by the school shall remain ineligible for OHSAA sponsored tournaments through, at least, the 2018-19 school year and the school may reapply to become a full, active member during the 2019-20 school year."
Old 06-06-18, 02:07 PM
Ron Jeremey Stunt Double

skins99 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to skins99
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer89 View Post
OHSAA board of directors minutes, which will be posted in the upcoming days, include the Oyler infraction.

"5. Cincinnati Oyler High School failed to comply with Constitution Article 3-3-4 and/or 3-3-5, Continuing Membership - Participation in 50% of Maximum Allowable Regular Season Contests, Two Sport Minimum and OHSAA Post Season Tournament, during the winter sports season. As a result, the school has been placed on probation. During the probationary period all sports teams sponsored by the school shall remain ineligible for OHSAA sponsored tournaments through, at least, the 2018-19 school year and the school may reapply to become a full, active member during the 2019-20 school year."
Does anyone know how this effects the individual sports i.e. wrestling, track, swimming.