Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #61  
Old 05-30-18, 07:17 PM
tom 48 tom 48 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Posts: 4,230
tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
How is an NFL football player kneeling during the anthem a protest against Police?

And, should the protest be for the shooting of unarmed instead of just black men... a mean, what about black women? Asian men? Hispanic? European?

I have not heard one case of any football player doing any other protest about this off the field. I guess it is easy to follow suit and take a knee but what are they doing to really make a difference? Are they changing the attitude that causes the escalation between cops and those who got pulled over? Are they protesting to stop committing crimes and be law abiding citizens? I support the police 100% and just like in everything there are bad apples in a bunch but if you commit a crime and get shot and killed for it regardless I am not losing any sleep over it regardless. I agree, changes are needed but it takes two to make these changes. You want to stop senseless killings? Draw attention to the gang leaders, drug lords, and protest in their front lawns. Lets clear the jails of non-violent offenders and put the violent criminals away for longer times.... Get jobs in the police force and make a difference... but who wants to be a cop now a days? I mean at any moment during any stop it could be your last. If you think about all the times someone gets pulled over across this country or police are called for domestic violence or to serve a warrant or something eventually something will go wrong. When it does it gets plastered all over. It is not fair. The abuse officers go through during a traffic stop and the restraint they show. You don't see that because it was not shown.
This is how the kneeling started. You are correct. The kneeling won't solve the problem, but it did stir discussion, until it was co-opted by politicians for their own agenda:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7966961.html
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #62  
Old 05-30-18, 09:29 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 31,934
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
This is how the kneeling started. You are correct. The kneeling won't solve the problem, but it did stir discussion, until it was co-opted by politicians for their own agenda:

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-a7966961.html
The kneeling started because someone pointed out to Kaep just how classless he looked sitting on his azz on the bench. It was damage control.

Quote:
"I am not going to stand up to show pride in a flag for a country that oppresses black people, and people of colour," Kaepernick said in a press conference after first sitting out during the anthem. "To me, this is bigger than football, and it would be selfish on my part to look the other way. There are bodies in the street, and people getting paid leave, and getting away with murder."
Regardless of any gutless revisionism, he chose this time and form of protest with little if any respect for veterans just because of the very fact that it would upset people. He merely underestimated the consternation and anger it would cause.

F__ Kaepernick, and a hearty F__ You to anyone that puts their protest ahead of honoring those that have died by the thousands securing our freedom. Find another vehicle, another method, another time. Even the longest rendition of the Anthem is under 2:30 minutes. You're pizzing on sacred ground.

And take off your goddamned hat.

Last edited by cabezadecaballo; 05-31-18 at 04:35 AM..
Reply With Quote
  #63  
Old 05-30-18, 09:31 PM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 31,934
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by vamp2syd View Post
How is an NFL football player kneeling during the anthem a protest against Police?

And, should the protest be for the shooting of unarmed instead of just black men... a mean, what about black women? Asian men? Hispanic? European?

I have not heard one case of any football player doing any other protest about this off the field. I guess it is easy to follow suit and take a knee but what are they doing to really make a difference? Are they changing the attitude that causes the escalation between cops and those who got pulled over? Are they protesting to stop committing crimes and be law abiding citizens? I support the police 100% and just like in everything there are bad apples in a bunch but if you commit a crime and get shot and killed for it regardless I am not losing any sleep over it regardless. I agree, changes are needed but it takes two to make these changes. You want to stop senseless killings? Draw attention to the gang leaders, drug lords, and protest in their front lawns. Lets clear the jails of non-violent offenders and put the violent criminals away for longer times.... Get jobs in the police force and make a difference... but who wants to be a cop now a days? I mean at any moment during any stop it could be your last. If you think about all the times someone gets pulled over across this country or police are called for domestic violence or to serve a warrant or something eventually something will go wrong. When it does it gets plastered all over. It is not fair. The abuse officers go through during a traffic stop and the restraint they show. You don't see that because it was not shown.
Reply With Quote
  #64  
Old 05-30-18, 10:11 PM
brianwr112 brianwr112 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-25-05
Location: richmond KY
Posts: 2,043
brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
I honestly think there's been times when the NFL players have agreed to show other forms of protest. Perhaps taking a knee before the Anthem and then standing for it...

Every time there's been a step in the "right" direction a certain leader of the country makes a statement claiming victory, upsetting the players to where it once again goes back to the National Anthem.

It was literally one or two guys that nobody really would've paid attention to until Trump made it about Patriotism, called for the owners to fire the players and then to Get that Son of a B*tch off the field. Then the masses joined...
Reply With Quote
  #65  
Old 05-31-18, 08:02 AM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 3,960
Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
F__ Kaepernick, and a hearty F__ You to anyone that puts their protest ahead of honoring those that have died by the thousands securing our freedom. Find another vehicle, another method, another time. Even the longest rendition of the Anthem is under 2:30 minutes. You're pizzing on sacred ground.

And take off your goddamned hat.
Nice empty patriotism from a guy who denigrated another Yappi member's service while having never served a day in his life
Reply With Quote
  #66  
Old 05-31-18, 11:19 AM
cabezadecaballo cabezadecaballo is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-06-12
Location: over here
Posts: 31,934
cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neopolitan View Post
Nice empty patriotism from a guy who denigrated another Yappi member's service while having never served a day in his life
Once again, a trolling zero like Neop condemns himself with his own strawman. What branch of the service were you in ? This isn't even about "patriotism", per se.

Try actually hearing the words of the SSB. It's performed in a moment that is about honoring combat vets. There are few, if any, higher forms of service to one's society than to risk or even give one's life for it. My uncle, my great-uncles, my father-in-law, several cousins, and hundreds of thousands of others over the last two centuries. The Anthem is two minutes set aside for that one purpose. Bring your grievances at some other time, because that time should be sacred.

Now if you can't understand that, boy, then f__ you too. Where you eat sammitches
Reply With Quote
  #67  
Old 05-31-18, 01:00 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 3,960
Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
There are few, if any, higher forms of service to one's society than to risk or even give one's life for it.
Agreed. Hence why denigrating another member's service despite having never served yourself is so disgusting. Overcompensating by posting an faux-angry rant about how important standing for the anthem is to you doesn't fool anyone.
Reply With Quote
  #68  
Old 05-31-18, 01:49 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,016
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Weirdo
Reply With Quote
  #69  
Old 05-31-18, 02:50 PM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 6,871
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
From my experience the loudest "patriots" are those who never served. Go figure. Textbook overcompensation.

Also the vast majority of service members and veterans I know couldn't care less about the kneeling, and most actually support the right of players to do so.

Meanwhile we've got internet wannabe patriots(always the ones that had SO many family members serve, and they'll tell you about it; after all they have to find some way to connect themselves to the military) offended and appalled that anyone would dare disrespect our great song.
Reply With Quote
  #70  
Old 05-31-18, 03:08 PM
Arrogate Arrogate is online now
All World
 
Join Date: 12-27-16
Location: Not in Price Hill
Posts: 4,453
Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
From my experience the loudest "patriots" are those who never served. Go figure. Textbook overcompensation.

Also the vast majority of service members and veterans I know couldn't care less about the kneeling, and most actually support the right of players to do so.

Meanwhile we've got internet wannabe patriots(always the ones that had SO many family members serve, and they'll tell you about it; after all they have to find some way to connect themselves to the military) offended and appalled that anyone would dare disrespect our great song.
Spot on but i am curious if older veterans feel the same way as you do. Seems like it might be a generational thing

Everyone that talks about all their family members that served have to feel like big sissies at Thanksgiving dinner, hence the over compensation bc they didnt get daddy's approval

Last edited by Arrogate; 05-31-18 at 03:22 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #71  
Old 05-31-18, 05:35 PM
eastside_purple's Avatar
eastside_purple eastside_purple is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 01-21-03
Posts: 70,016
eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Weirdo likely wouldn’t have met the physical requirements to serve being obese.
Reply With Quote
  #72  
Old 06-04-18, 06:23 PM
brianwr112 brianwr112 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-25-05
Location: richmond KY
Posts: 2,043
brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Well Trump just cancelled the Eagles celebration at the White House tomorrow citing that the players can't agree to stand for the National Anthem with their hands over their hearts. When have they ever even played the National Anthem at such ceremony?
Reply With Quote
  #73  
Old 06-04-18, 06:45 PM
tom 48 tom 48 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Posts: 4,230
tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
Well Trump just cancelled the Eagles celebration at the White House tomorrow citing that the players can't agree to stand for the National Anthem with their hands over their hearts. When have they ever even played the National Anthem at such ceremony?
Talk about playing politics. The man sure knows how to play to his base. Of course, later it will be proven that his reason was a lie. Statement from the Philly mayor:

Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney released a statement, where he said Trump's decision "proves that our President is not a true patriot."
"The Eagles call the birthplace of our democracy home, so it's no surprise that this team embodies everything that makes our country and our city great. Their athletic accomplishments on the field led to an historic victory this year," Kenney said.
"Disinviting them from the White House only proves that our President is not a true patriot, but a fragile egomaniac obsessed with crowd size and afraid of the embarrassment of throwing a party to which no one wants to attend," he later said in the statement.

Last edited by tom 48; 06-04-18 at 09:48 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #74  
Old 06-04-18, 10:46 PM
brianwr112 brianwr112 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 04-25-05
Location: richmond KY
Posts: 2,043
brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
Word is there were a few players that were going to attend but a majority were not. Basically the same thing that happened with the Warriors when they won. Trump doesn't want would rather deal with no ceremony and attempting to control the narrative than dealing with the ego hit of a small contingency from the teams showing up. Like I've said, I voted for him, but I'm embarrassed by that now. And for all you on here claiming how patriotic he is....He literally tweeted that the Vets who gave their life for our Country would be so proud of what he's doing with the economy...On Memorial Day
Reply With Quote
  #75  
Old 06-05-18, 07:06 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,445
14Red is on a distinguished road
The players don't get it. They keep pushing the Anthem agenda and Trump knows he has 90% of the nation on his side. Smart business man he is, he's going to use that leverage to make the players look like fools. ...
Reply With Quote
  #76  
Old 06-05-18, 07:33 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 3,875
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
90%
Reply With Quote
  #77  
Old 06-05-18, 07:47 AM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 6,871
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
Word is there were a few players that were going to attend but a majority were not. Basically the same thing that happened with the Warriors when they won. Trump doesn't want would rather deal with no ceremony and attempting to control the narrative than dealing with the ego hit of a small contingency from the teams showing up. Like I've said, I voted for him, but I'm embarrassed by that now. And for all you on here claiming how patriotic he is....He literally tweeted that the Vets who gave their life for our Country would be so proud of what he's doing with the economy...On Memorial Day
A man who never served(a draft dodger at that) clearly overcompensating because of that fact. Sounds exactly like someone on this board but I'm blanking on the name right now.
Reply With Quote
  #78  
Old 06-05-18, 07:48 AM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 6,871
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
The players don't get it. They keep pushing the Anthem agenda and Trump knows he has 90% of the nation on his side. Smart business man he is, he's going to use that leverage to make the players look like fools. ...
Do you have a source on that 90%?
Reply With Quote
  #79  
Old 06-05-18, 07:53 AM
tom 48 tom 48 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Posts: 4,230
tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
The players don't get it. They keep pushing the Anthem agenda and Trump knows he has 90% of the nation on his side. Smart business man he is, he's going to use that leverage to make the players look like fools. ...
Trump is the one pushing the anthem agenda, making it all about "patriotism," a word he could never define, much less live . No matter how much he tries to hide behind the flag, he will never live down the bone spurs. He has, however, controlled the narrative, as he has convinced his sheeple that it's about insulting the troops. BTW, how many times has he traveled overseas to actually see and support the brave fighting men and women? Never; it must interfere with his golf game. Maybe, if he left his false narrative, Pence wouldn't have to waste taxpayer's money staging a political stunt.
Reply With Quote
  #80  
Old 06-05-18, 07:56 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,445
14Red is on a distinguished road
At the end of the day...just stand for the dang anthem...is it that hard?
Reply With Quote
  #81  
Old 06-05-18, 07:58 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,445
14Red is on a distinguished road
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnie mund View Post
Do you have a source on that 90%?
Court of public opinion...my eye test...
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 06-05-18, 07:59 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,445
14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Trump is the one pushing the anthem agenda, making it all about "patriotism," a word he could never define, much less live . No matter how much he tries to hide behind the flag, he will never live down the bone spurs. He has, however, controlled the narrative, as he has convinced his sheeple that it's about insulting the troops. BTW, how many times has he traveled overseas to actually see and support the brave fighting men and women? Never; it must interfere with his golf game. Maybe, if he left his false narrative, Pence wouldn't have to waste taxpayer's money staging a political stunt.
Yes, he knows he's got the players on the run...guy knows how to negotiate...
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 06-05-18, 08:03 AM
tom 48 tom 48 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Posts: 4,230
tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Yes, he knows he's got the players on the run...guy knows how to negotiate...
Of course, you realize that no one of the Eagles knelt during the anthem last year? But, what difference does that make to the Liar-in-Chief. It has been reported that only about ten players were going to go anyway. So much potential embarrassment for the blowhard.
https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...f:nbcnews:text

Twitter speculates on how the Trump spokespeople would handle the news:

SEAN SPICER: This was the largest number of Eagles to ever agree to come to the White House, period

SARAH SANDERS: I defer all questions about the Eagles to the outside counsel.

RUDY GIULIANI: The President could shoot the Philadelphia Eagles and then pardon himself. He could.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 06-05-18, 08:12 AM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 6,871
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
Court of public opinion...my eye test...
So you're just talking out of your azz again, got it lol
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 06-05-18, 08:16 AM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 6,871
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
At the end of the day...just stand for the dang anthem...is it that hard?
At the end of the day...just ignore the kneeling...is it that hard?
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 06-05-18, 09:38 AM
14Red 14Red is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-12-12
Posts: 3,445
14Red is on a distinguished road
Keep fighting, you see where it's getting the players...

And I love the twist the national media is putting on this.

A. As is tradition, the championship team is invited to the White House to honor their season - nothing political about that, never has been until now for some reason.
B. Team members decide they are going to make a stand and not attend.
C. Fearing a poor turn out by the invited guests, the President takes back the invite. I'd do the same thing. Why should he be made a fool by a bunch of ungrateful millionaires.
D. Life goes on.

Look, this is small potatoes for the President, if they players don't want to take advantage of a once in a lifetime (for most) ceremony to HONOR THEIR ACCOMPLISHMENT, then poop on them. It's just a bunch of crap!
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 06-05-18, 10:09 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 3,875
Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I have no doubt 14Red would uninvite a bunch of people who already said they weren't coming to his party.

It's like a 15 year old who just had his girlfriend break up with him. "You can't break up with me, I'm breaking up with you!"
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 06-05-18, 10:13 AM
ronnie mund ronnie mund is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 11-11-13
Posts: 6,871
ronnie mund can only hope to improve
Yeah or the ol "You can't fire me because I quit!". Classic Trump, always a step ahead.
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 06-05-18, 10:14 AM
TylerDurden TylerDurden is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 10-12-01
Posts: 15,025
TylerDurden is on a distinguished road
I bet 14Red was livid when Brady decided not to attend the white house ceremony when Obama was president.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 06-05-18, 11:51 AM
tom 48 tom 48 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Posts: 4,230
tom 48 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
At the end of the day...just stand for the dang anthem...is it that hard?
Not one Eagles player took a knee during the Anthem. So, what's the reason for the dis-invite?

1. Lurie is a big time Dem.
2. Players, incensed by the NFL caving in to Trump, didn't want to go.
3. Trump needs to draw attention away from his Russia problems, so he
manufactures controversy.
4. Gives him a chance to stand alone while the Anthem is played and, instead
of the players being there, he will give a speech about patriotism, etc. and
give Sean Hannity and Fox and Friends more fodder for the rabble.

BTW, another Fox news lie...

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b081422e20e40a

Last edited by tom 48; 06-05-18 at 12:06 PM..
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Lebanon AD doesn't let teams come out for National Anthem mdoogy8486 Football 20 09-29-17 10:01 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:23 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz