Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #121  
Old 06-03-18, 09:44 PM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 700
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarstoShine View Post
Responding to the Lumberman. No one is transferring to Hoban from STVM. The other transfers were were all basketball motivated and only one starter and none to Hoban. The Irish did well with St Sebs and a quality incoming 2022 class. Hoban will contend for the 2018 D2 football title. STVM will contend for the D3 Football Title and a 3rd consecutive State Basketball title.
Responding to the knife maker. Still there are transfers. And from the coveted basketball program no less. Glad that they have quality Incoming class from St Sebs. While they contend in D3, Hoban will win its 4th straight title. I wouldnít jump on the 3rd consecutive BB title just yet. D1 may be more of a challenge.
Reply With Quote
  #122  
Old 06-04-18, 06:35 AM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,868
Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby77 View Post
This was an ugly twitter/internet rumor that is mostly false and yes it’s not appropriate to bring up on any forum because some ugly lies were told about under age kids. I have seen the attempts by multiple posters to bring this up and they are pathetic losers for doing so.
I agree wholeheartedly with this. Good-natured banter is always welcome on Yappi. Outright disdain for another poster's comments is encouraged! But taking consolation out of any missteps by teenage kids is beyond the pale. However, I would note, that for certain Hoban posters (not Bobby), calling out other posters on something like this would be a little like the pot and the kettle.

Last edited by Irish60; 06-04-18 at 06:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #123  
Old 06-04-18, 07:12 AM
CoventryTrackXCguy CoventryTrackXCguy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-28-15
Location: Coventry, Ohio
Posts: 1,153
CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
While Hoban is no doubt the heavy favorites to win the state championship, I wouldn't write it off as an absolute certainty. Ive heard some good things coming from Massillon football. They return a lot this year. I feel that they are the one program in the state of ohio that I really believe is up to the task of matching what Hoban has, whether it be the weightroom, the community support, the tradition, the talent, etc. Tigertown just has to commit itself and do it.
Reply With Quote
  #124  
Old 06-04-18, 12:16 PM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 700
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
While Hoban is no doubt the heavy favorites to win the state championship, I wouldn't write it off as an absolute certainty. Ive heard some good things coming from Massillon football. They return a lot this year. I feel that they are the one program in the state of ohio that I really believe is up to the task of matching what Hoban has, whether it be the weightroom, the community support, the tradition, the talent, etc. Tigertown just has to commit itself and do it.
Nothing is for certain. My opinion is based on the past 3 years of how this coach and staff prepares and peaks itís teams. Havenít seen anything like it. Yea they have a ton of talent, but do not discount the coaching and how they progress through the season. Also the fact that weeks 11-15 they start playing best players Entire game and at times both sides of the ball. Something they donít get to do during the regular season. A lot of starters only are playing 2-3 quarters a game with exceptions. Massillon week 14 blow out. Look at last year vs WW. Lost by 30 plus. Team Hoban beat by 28 at halftime.
Reply With Quote
  #125  
Old 06-04-18, 03:13 PM
StarstoShine StarstoShine is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 02-07-03
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,491
StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
The Irish biggest hurdle in D1 Hoops will be at the regional level vs Garfield Heights. Cougar good luck to your son he is one heck of competitor. Hopefully his career continues to advance to the highest level (NFL) where my son (NFL Media) can view him at the NFL Combine in 2022.
Reply With Quote
  #126  
Old 06-05-18, 01:08 AM
CoventryTrackXCguy CoventryTrackXCguy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-28-15
Location: Coventry, Ohio
Posts: 1,153
CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
The irish's biggest hurdle in d1 hoops is that they wont be able to skate through districts. They may still be the favorites, but they have to take the opposition much more seriously, much earlier on in postseason. SVSM will be a contender in d1, but I doubt they are so favored. Its funny, though, when SVSM was d2, I typically rooted against them...I usually root for the underdog. But now that SVSM is in the division they belong in, I'm kind of actually rooting for them. But enough of hoops, back to football.
Reply With Quote
  #127  
Old 06-05-18, 05:42 AM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 700
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
I agree. Thread went off track. Let’s keep it to football as we approach the 2018 season. Teams are in the weight room working hard.
Reply With Quote
  #128  
Old 06-06-18, 04:22 PM
Thurgood75 Thurgood75 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-27-10
Posts: 577
Thurgood75 is on a distinguished road
Hey posters I have a question. How does Green repeatedly make it into the preseason top 10 every year despite always being around .500?
Reply With Quote
  #129  
Old 06-06-18, 04:43 PM
tantal tantal is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 01-01-15
Posts: 131
tantal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurgood75 View Post
Hey posters I have a question. How does Green repeatedly make it into the preseason top 10 every year despite always being around .500?
Because they're a big school I guess.
Reply With Quote
  #130  
Old 06-06-18, 05:55 PM
CoventryTrackXCguy CoventryTrackXCguy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-28-15
Location: Coventry, Ohio
Posts: 1,153
CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Actually that is a good question about Green. They are a .500 team at best. However they do play in the federal league. However they lose most of their games in the fed, but are more competitive with their out of conference schedule. Its hard to say how Green fits in the Summit County top 10, because Green doesn't really play or associate itself with summit county teams. I think of them as being more of a stark county team even though they are technically in summit county.
Reply With Quote
  #131  
Old 06-07-18, 06:52 AM
smash mouth 34 smash mouth 34 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Posts: 560
smash mouth 34
Because a .500 Federal League team would beat a Mogadore, Manchester, or any other small school you want to include in the top 10.
Reply With Quote
  #132  
Old 06-07-18, 07:28 AM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,460
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
With today's league systems, it's not out of the ordinary to play a high percentage of out of county teams. For example, last year Hoban played only 2 Summit County teams, Mogadore 1 and CVCA 1. Green certainly leads that category with zero.
Reply With Quote
  #133  
Old 06-07-18, 08:25 AM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,868
Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thurgood75 View Post
Hey posters I have a question. How does Green repeatedly make it into the preseason top 10 every year despite always being around .500?
Because otherwise we would have to contemplate Walsh; which I just can't wrap my brain around just yet!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #134  
Old 06-07-18, 09:57 AM
smash mouth 34 smash mouth 34 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Posts: 560
smash mouth 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
With today's league systems, it's not out of the ordinary to play a high percentage of out of county teams. For example, last year Hoban played only 2 Summit County teams, Mogadore 1 and CVCA 1. Green certainly leads that category with zero.
What's your point?
Reply With Quote
  #135  
Old 06-07-18, 02:54 PM
Cougarfan22 Cougarfan22 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-27-16
Posts: 700
Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
In the past 2 days the offers have come in for more Hoban players. Traynum who already holds power 5 offers received 2 more from Stanford and Vandy, Caden Clark just received the big one from Alabama to go with other power 5 offers, and 3 new players, OL Baxter from Marist, DL Makolowitz from Butler and WR Tipton from Navy. That brings the total players with D1 offers up to 9. That after sending 5 to Di and another 6 to D2-3 this year.
Reply With Quote
  #136  
Old 06-07-18, 03:18 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,460
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash mouth 34 View Post
What's your point?
That their status of playing out of county teams shouldn't keep us from considering them in the top 10 discussion. Their play keeps them out of the discussion most years, but the schedule shouldn't.
Reply With Quote
  #137  
Old 06-07-18, 07:49 PM
smash mouth 34 smash mouth 34 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Posts: 560
smash mouth 34
Right on. They should’ve stayed in the Suburban.
Reply With Quote
  #138  
Old 06-11-18, 07:53 AM
bass10 bass10 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-21-08
Posts: 603
bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by smash mouth 34 View Post
Right on. They shouldíve stayed in the Suburban.
Because some teams with better records are beating Coventry, Norton, Cuyahoga Falls, Revere, North, Garfield, etc. doesn't mean they are better. Yes, Green has been mediocre at best but still better than some teams with better records. That an unfortunately Summit County doesn't really have 10 really good teams?
Reply With Quote
  #139  
Old 06-11-18, 07:54 AM
bass10 bass10 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-21-08
Posts: 603
bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
In the past 2 days the offers have come in for more Hoban players. Traynum who already holds power 5 offers received 2 more from Stanford and Vandy, Caden Clark just received the big one from Alabama to go with other power 5 offers, and 3 new players, OL Baxter from Marist, DL Makolowitz from Butler and WR Tipton from Navy. That brings the total players with D1 offers up to 9. That after sending 5 to Di and another 6 to D2-3 this year.
Yes they have more college caliper kids in a two year span than any D-1 school does in a ten year period. Great coaching and weight room, give me a freakin break.
Reply With Quote
  #140  
Old 06-11-18, 08:37 AM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,868
Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
Yes they have more college caliper kids in a two year span than any D-1 school does in a ten year period. Great coaching and weight room, give me a freakin break.
Reply With Quote
  #141  
Old 06-11-18, 11:02 AM
smash mouth 34 smash mouth 34 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-13-03
Posts: 560
smash mouth 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
Because some teams with better records are beating Coventry, Norton, Cuyahoga Falls, Revere, North, Garfield, etc. doesn't mean they are better. Yes, Green has been mediocre at best but still better than some teams with better records. That an unfortunately Summit County doesn't really have 10 really good teams?
???? I put Green in my top 10.
Reply With Quote
  #142  
Old 06-11-18, 11:51 AM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,460
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
Yes they have more college caliper kids in a two year span than any D-1 school does in a ten year period. Great coaching and weight room, give me a freakin break.
But...but...but...it's a really great weight room...
Reply With Quote
  #143  
Old 06-11-18, 12:05 PM
Football Fan 1 Football Fan 1 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 09-21-17
Posts: 188
Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
I also hear the muscle milk they drink is the best out there. Just ask the players.
Reply With Quote
  #144  
Old 06-11-18, 12:16 PM
brian brian is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 06-11-03
Location: Akron, Ohio
Posts: 512
brian
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
But...but...but...it's a really great weight room...
I'm surprised that you, who genuinely tries to keep these Summit/Akron area topics on track, are contributing (albeit in a funny way) to this one reaching its inevitable, off-the rails, tired, played-out conclusion. Ugh.
Reply With Quote
  #145  
Old 06-11-18, 12:18 PM
clarkgriswold clarkgriswold is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-28-07
Posts: 10,460
clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I'm surprised that you, who genuinely tries to keep these Summit/Akron area topics on track, are contributing (albeit in a funny way) to this one reaching its inevitable, off-the rails, tired, played-out conclusion. Ugh.
I am heartly sorry....
Reply With Quote
  #146  
Old 06-11-18, 01:51 PM
bass10 bass10 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-21-08
Posts: 603
bass10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
I'm surprised that you, who genuinely tries to keep these Summit/Akron area topics on track, are contributing (albeit in a funny way) to this one reaching its inevitable, off-the rails, tired, played-out conclusion. Ugh.
Well when you have very well educated adults that try to tell you with a straight face that the reason is in the weight training, weight room and coaches as being the reason Hoban has all this talent its hard for even the best not to jab once in awhile.
Reply With Quote
  #147  
Old 06-11-18, 03:36 PM
Football330 Football330 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-16-15
Posts: 18
Football330 is on a distinguished road
I know I will regret this but Bass10. Why do think Hoban has all this talent?
Reply With Quote
  #148  
Old 06-11-18, 03:46 PM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,868
Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bass10 View Post
Well when you have very well educated adults that try to tell you with a straight face that the reason is in the weight training, weight room and coaches as being the reason Hoban has all this talent its hard for even the best not to jab once in awhile.
Hold on now! No one ever said Cougar was well educated...

Last edited by Irish60; 06-11-18 at 04:57 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #149  
Old 06-11-18, 03:47 PM
Irish60 Irish60 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-17-14
Posts: 1,868
Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football330 View Post
I know I will regret this but Bass10. Why do think Hoban has all this talent?
As the mods reach for the handle to send yet another thread swirling down the toilet bowl...
Reply With Quote
  #150  
Old 06-11-18, 03:58 PM
Football330 Football330 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 01-16-15
Posts: 18
Football330 is on a distinguished road
My bad. Don’t answer. Back to thread.
I think Manchester has great chance at title if they stay healthy.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The 29th Annual Boardman Open is Sunday, Mar. 18th! $1000 to the Top Four Teams Kickoff Classic Wrestling 0 03-12-18 03:40 PM
The Bay Village Rocket Spring Open is Sunday, March 11th! $1000 to the Top Four Teams Kickoff Classic Wrestling 1 03-10-18 02:32 PM
Top 14U Teams Yappi Softball 1 08-07-17 03:54 PM
Top 12U Teams Yappi Softball 0 08-06-17 10:18 PM
Top 10U Teams Yappi Softball 0 08-06-17 10:18 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:56 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz