Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-29-18, 12:12 PM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Anchor View Post
Well said, I hope you guys compete with Hoban this year. These blowouts are getting old
Game last year was 7-7 in the 3rd quarter and St V had their chances and didn't take advantage. I would hardly call that a blowout....but you it's clear you certainly try and stir the pot with your posts.

Your comments about Mogadore's football team are off base as well. I've seen all the CYO teams in the area play, and there is not one of them out there would stand a chance against a high school football team. The good news is I'm sure most people laugh when they read your posts, but someone needed to call you out for being the mean person you are...as those posts are mean and insulting to the kids, coaches and parents who have put countless hours into playing the game. Go take your hate and negativity somewhere else.
Old 05-29-18, 12:17 PM
Moderated User

Rusty Anchor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
Who is your school that is so incredibly good you can talk the way you do. So who u root for and who did you play forand I'm guessing you didn't play, or at least start. See I've found former atheletes rarely to bad about other teams and players. I'm guessing you were in the band and had a child or realative that played. As far as the name calling I'm proud of myself u cleaned that up a lot. And I'm guessing you didn't go to the site and read it. Another one of those behind the keyboard haters that doesn't know the difference between a DB, CB LB and OL. So please tell us who you root for. Oh and did u go to school there? Curious minds want to know.
I am a proud member of the 1995 national title team. I live in Akron now and support the Archbishop Hoban Knights. I am one of their leading boosters and housers on recruiting visits, if you really need to know.
Old 05-29-18, 12:20 PM
Moderated User

Rusty Anchor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 View Post
Game last year was 7-7 in the 3rd quarter and St V had their chances and didn't take advantage. I would hardly call that a blowout....but you it's clear you certainly try and stir the pot with your posts.

Your comments about Mogadore's football team are off base as well. I've seen all the CYO teams in the area play, and there is not one of them out there would stand a chance against a high school football team. The good news is I'm sure most people laugh when they read your posts, but someone needed to call you out for being the mean person you are...as those posts are mean and insulting to the kids, coaches and parents who have put countless hours into playing the game. Go take your hate and negativity somewhere else.
There is nothing mean or ill-spirited in anything I post. Most everyone I have ever talked to from Mogadore is very nice and understand that they are not a great football team. Mogadore is a nice place, I own some property on their border. They are very good for their division but would get destroyed by 90% or more of the county. I am sorry that this hurts your feelings.
Old 05-29-18, 02:39 PM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There is nothing mean or ill-spirited in anything I post. Most everyone I have ever talked to from Mogadore is very nice and understand that they are not a great football team. Mogadore is a nice place, I own some property on their border. They are very good for their division but would get destroyed by 90% or more of the county. I am sorry that this hurts your feelings.
Doesn't hurt my feelings at all. For you to say that your middle school CYO team could beat Mogadore really creates issues for you from a credibility standpoint.
Old 05-29-18, 04:29 PM
All American

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I am a proud member of the 1995 national title team. I live in Akron now and support the Archbishop Hoban Knights. I am one of their leading boosters and housers on recruiting visits, if you really need to know.
Oh, a hoban supporter. Enough said. Well then, if you, in your ignorance, wish to regard my comets as being a joke, then by all means, do so. Then maybe you wont recruit them. I do find it funny how a Hoban supporter is calling out Coventry for its open enrollment practices. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing rocks.

Last edited by CoventryTrackXCguy; 05-29-18 at 05:16 PM.
Old 05-29-18, 10:21 PM
All American

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
1995 National title team? Not Football & Basketball ? Majority of CYO players are headed to STVM. A few legacy kids to Hoban. Hoban has several incoming Football Transfers. This year Hoban & STVM should be a classic as both teams as favorites in their respective divisions.
Old 05-30-18, 05:49 AM
All Ohio

brian
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarstoShine View Post
1995 National title team? Not Football & Basketball ? Majority of CYO players are headed to STVM. A few legacy kids to Hoban. Hoban has several incoming Football Transfers. This year Hoban & STVM should be a classic as both teams as favorites in their respective divisions.
1995 USA Today National Football Champion was St. Ignatius. Not sure if that's what the pot-striiring poster was referring to earlier, but Chuck Kyle's squad was the poll champ that year.

Curious how many total Akron area CYO football kids are moving on to play freshman football at one of STVM, Hoban, Walsh or CVCA. Akron CYO football participation at the 8th grade level was at an all-time low last year, as has been the trend for the past few years, so, sadly, the pool could not have been deep.
Old 05-30-18, 05:52 AM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarstoShine View Post
Glad to know you have the incoming roster of kids coming into Hoban. I do not believe your statement that majority of CYO players are going to ST V. I would say the opposite is true. According to what I am hearing, Hoban has close to 70-80 incoming freshman football players and will have to field 2 teams. Thatís not transfers. I heards 1 St V player was transferring to Hoban and maybe a kid from G.O. I heard of multiple (at least 4) players who contributed last year to St V were leaving for public districts, Barberton and MCK and 1 other. The Hoban-St V game is always a classic but the streak will continue for the Blue and Gold for the foreseeable future.
Old 05-30-18, 07:17 AM
All District

team all in is an unknown quantity at this point
I think when compiling the list of teams, no team past D3 should even be considered. They play a soft schedule, cry about catholic schools yet a majority of them have open enroll (mogadore, manchester, etc..) and they aren't very good to be honest. Are we trying to find the best teams or make everyone feel warm and fuzzy like a t-ball team?
Old 05-30-18, 07:23 AM
All District

Quote:
What can I do to sway you to become a booster for Mogadore football? We haven't been good since the 70's
Old 05-30-18, 07:28 AM
All District

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by team all in View Post
I think when compiling the list of teams, no team past D3 should even be considered. They play a soft schedule, cry about catholic schools yet a majority of them have open enroll (mogadore, manchester, etc..) and they aren't very good to be honest. Are we trying to find the best teams or make everyone feel warm and fuzzy like a t-ball team?
And there it is! LOL.
Old 05-30-18, 07:33 AM
All District

I LOL when I have to hear and listen to people say teams from the PTC or PAC should be a top 10 team..
Old 05-30-18, 07:41 AM
All District

who on this list would any of the d4-d7 schools have beaten?.. Again, proves my point that you guys want sorry teams on this list and not truly the best teams
Stow
Hoban
Hudson
Barberton
Green
Copley
St V
Tallmadge
Buchtel
East
Old 05-30-18, 11:32 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Glad to know you have the incoming roster of kids coming into Hoban. I do not believe your statement that majority of CYO players are going to ST V. I would say the opposite is true. According to what I am hearing, Hoban has close to 70-80 incoming freshman football players and will have to field 2 teams. Thatís not transfers. I heards 1 St V player was transferring to Hoban and maybe a kid from G.O. I heard of multiple (at least 4) players who contributed last year to St V were leaving for public districts, Barberton and MCK and 1 other. The Hoban-St V game is always a classic but the streak will continue for the Blue and Gold for the foreseeable future.
70-80? And that is what, 60-70% of all the boys in your freshman class. No wonder Hoban is an athletic powerhouse, virtually everybody plays a sport there. At Coventry, the best we can manage these days is maybe 20%, and that is up from 10 years ago, where we could get 10% at best.
Old 05-30-18, 11:33 AM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by brian View Post
1995 USA Today National Football Champion was St. Ignatius. Not sure if that's what the pot-striiring poster was referring to earlier, but Chuck Kyle's squad was the poll champ that year.

Curious how many total Akron area CYO football kids are moving on to play freshman football at one of STVM, Hoban, Walsh or CVCA. Akron CYO football participation at the 8th grade level was at an all-time low last year, as has been the trend for the past few years, so, sadly, the pool could not have been deep.
I’m still shocked about St. Paul closing it’s doors.
Old 05-30-18, 11:38 AM
All Region

DB 04 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Of course Hoban will beat STVM. The Usagent5161 coaching factor aka the joke of Yappi is involved.
Old 05-30-18, 11:41 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Iím still shocked about St. Paul closing itís doors.
I'm not surprised. I actually went to St. Pauls in the 0's, graduated in 2011. When I first started there, there were two classes of roughly 20 students per grade. By my 8th grade year, we were down to 1 class per grade, averaging roughly 23 students. This past year, there was around 130 students there, which works out to roughly 13 students per grade including Pre-K. St Pauls is at its breaking point. I'm not sure as to all the reasons for the decline, but when I started at Coventry, I was amazed by how many kids I remembered from st Pauls were there. (many had left St Pauls prior to middle school). Definitely interesting. At any rate, I'm not sure what is going to happen with the remaining kids from St. Pauls. They might have to open enroll somewhere.
Old 05-30-18, 11:44 AM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Iím still shocked about St. Paul closing itís doors.
It is sad, however when your total enrollment is 125 students and only 48 are children of parishioners, it is hard to justify the parish underwriting the cost. When a group of parents, grandparents, and city councilman appealed to the new Bishop, they were turned down flat.

What I want to know is, what happened to the "Church in the City" initiative that was instituted by Pilla?? Thought the church was going to reach out to the urban needy children.
Old 05-30-18, 11:45 AM
All American

Quote:
who on this list would any of the d4-d7 schools have beaten?.. Again, proves my point that you guys want sorry teams on this list and not truly the best teams
Stow
Hoban
Hudson
Barberton
Green
Copley
St V
Tallmadge
Buchtel
East
Woodridge was d4 not too long ago. The last couple years, I think they could have beaten East, and Buchtel. I think they could have given Tallmadge, and Green a game as well. Maybe even last years Copley team. I would bet my Lakefront home, that Woodridge beats Walsh Jesuit.
Old 05-30-18, 11:50 AM
All World

SeeYaSometime is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
I'm not surprised. I actually went to St. Pauls in the 0's, graduated in 2011. When I first started there, there were two classes of roughly 20 students per grade. By my 8th grade year, we were down to 1 class per grade, averaging roughly 23 students. This past year, there was around 130 students there, which works out to roughly 13 students per grade including Pre-K. St Pauls is at its breaking point. I'm not sure as to all the reasons for the decline, but when I started at Coventry, I was amazed by how many kids I remembered from st Pauls were there. (many had left St Pauls prior to middle school). Definitely interesting. At any rate, I'm not sure what is going to happen with the remaining kids from St. Pauls. They might have to open enroll somewhere.
Enrolling at St Francis de Sales. For the upcoming year, their pastor will let them pay parishioner tuition. I wonder if those families will be allowed to join de Sales? Would serve the St Paul pastor right to lose the young families.
Old 05-30-18, 11:51 AM
All District

Quote:
Woodridge was d4 not too long ago. The last couple years, I think they could have beaten East, and Buchtel. I think they could have given Tallmadge, and Green a game as well. Maybe even last years Copley team. I would bet my Lakefront home, that Woodridge beats Walsh Jesuit.
We will never know because they schedule cupcakes. Congrats on your lakefront home bro...
Old 05-30-18, 11:56 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeYaSometime View Post
Enrolling at St Francis de Sales. For the upcoming year, their pastor will let them pay parishioner tuition. I wonder if those families will be allowed to join de Sales? Would serve the St Paul pastor right to lose the young families.
St Pauls has been losing young families to St Francis for years now. The parochial vicars at St. Francis connect with the kids far better then Fr Ralph, and especially Fr. Jenkins ever did. In addition, the Pastor, Fr Bline, is tremendously gifted, and ensures that St. Francis de Sales parish serves as a strong spiritual foundation for people of all ages. St. Francis, which is my home parish, currently has 5 people in the seminary, and one who has just became a priest last year. St. Pauls simply cannot compete with the energy our prosperous suburban parish has to offer.
Old 05-30-18, 12:00 PM
All American

Quote:
We will never know because they schedule cupcakes. Congrats on your lakefront home bro...
Last season Woodridge lost to SVSM 17-27. Not great, but they put up a fight against a team that would eventually reach states.. Also they did play Padua in week 1, and Nordonia in week 2. Nordonia is admittedly weaker these days, but has had better days in the past, when the game was scheduled.
Old 05-30-18, 12:03 PM
All American

Also, they did put up a convincing win over a Coventry that gave Tallmadge a game. 27-26 was the Coventry-Tallmadge score. Coventry was actually leading into the 4th quarter, but we kind of blew it...Sibley was sick as well.

Edit; actually, Woodridge drilled us.
Old 05-30-18, 12:30 PM
All Ohio

brian
This should likely be called the "Way Too Early" Summit County Top 10. Since the Summit County football discussion never fails to create argument regarding the merit of area small school powers belonging on an all-division "Top 10" list, here's an opinion on a D1-D3 list of Summit County Teams (only Summit County) and an opinion on a DIV-D-VII "Top 5" from a slightly enlarged geographic area of Summit, Wayne and Medina counties. This approach surely won't stop some from bashing the successful small school teams and where they belong in the conversation, but it's worth a take:

2018 "Way Too Early" Top 10 Football -Summit County D1-DIII
(Division and last year's record in parenthesis. * denotes playoffs in '17)
1. Archbishop Hoban (DII 14-1* State Champions)
2. St. Vincent-St. Mary (DIII 10-4* Regional Champions)
3. Hudson (DII 7-4*)
4. Stow (DI 9-2*)
5. Barberton (DII 12-1*)
6. Buchtel (DIII 7-4)
7. Tallmadge (DIII 8-4*)
8. East (DIII 8-3)
9. Coventry (DIII 8-2)
10. Woodridge (DIII 9-2*)
10a and 10b Copley (DII 4-6) and Green (DII 4-6)

2018 "Way Too Early" Top 5 Football - Summit/Wayne/Medina/ DIV-DVII
1. Manchester (DV 9-3*)
2. Mogadore (DVI 9-2*)
3. Norwayne (DVI 10-2*)
4. Dalton (DVI 12-1*)
5. Black River (DV 11-2*)
5a. CVCA (DIV 7-3)
Old 05-30-18, 12:46 PM
All American

Brian, even with all my talk supporting the PTC, I probably wouldn't consider Coventry for top 10 this season. Woodridge maybe, Coventry maybe last season. But Coventry does lose a lot to graduation, including Sibley. Coventry should still get 6-8 wins, given its schedule. But I wouldn't give us the benefit of the doubt. But I could be wrong.
Old 05-30-18, 12:57 PM
Freshman

Football330 is on a distinguished road
Both Coventry,Manchester and Mogadore are all coached very well. They are all what makes High School Football in the state of Ohio great. Don't get into debates with people who claim to be Hoban backers.
For god's sake the coach with the most wins in the history of Ohio coaches at Manchester.
Old 05-30-18, 01:09 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football330 View Post
Both Coventry,Manchester and Mogadore are all coached very well. They are all what makes High School Football in the state of Ohio great. Don't get into debates with people who claim to be Hoban backers.
For god's sake the coach with the most wins in the history of Ohio coaches at Manchester.
Indeed, coaching is key, especially for the smaller schools. It is important to get the most you possibly can out of the talent you have, especially for the small school publics. I admit, I have had my criticisms of coach Egan, his X's and 0's have always been suspect to me. But his ability to develop the players he has, and get them playing college ball has impressed me. Hes not perfect, but he is th e best we have any right to ask for. Manchesters coach Jim France's record speaks for itself, no criticisms should be leveled at him.
Old 05-30-18, 01:09 PM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
St Pauls has been losing young families to St Francis for years now. The parochial vicars at St. Francis connect with the kids far better then Fr Ralph, and especially Fr. Jenkins ever did. In addition, the Pastor, Fr Bline, is tremendously gifted, and ensures that St. Francis de Sales parish serves as a strong spiritual foundation for people of all ages. St. Francis, which is my home parish, currently has 5 people in the seminary, and one who has just became a priest last year. St. Pauls simply cannot compete with the energy our prosperous suburban parish has to offer.
So you are saying St. Francis is "recruiting" people away from St. Paul's parish!?! That doesn't sound very competitively balanced to me!!!
Old 05-30-18, 01:12 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
So you are saying St. Francis is "recruiting" people away from St. Paul's parish!?! That doesn't sound very competitively balanced to me!!!
They are recruiting, yes. They are trying to steal all the talent they can get to win that all important CYO championship.