Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-23-18, 04:45 PM
Junior Varsity

Bucksfan1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoughRiderSports View Post
There is a difference between having some talent and being a good team. Apart from St. V, none of those teams could get within 28 of Hoban. Because weight room.
Some say the locker room. Guess it depends who you ask.
Old 05-25-18, 07:26 AM
Moderated User

Rusty Anchor is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoventryTrackXCguy View Post
Oh really? Another one of those people are we. Who are you to bash a whole league of schools? Hmm, lets talk about the PTC. Because last season, 3 teams out of the ptc county made the playoffs. They were Valley Christian, Mogadore, and Rootstown. And speaking of Mogadore, I don't know how you can diss them, when they have consistently been one of the best small school football teams in summit county; they made the state finals in 2015. I'm sure any Mogadore fan on these forums would happily tear you to shreds on this; and Ill happily watch.

And then for the PTC Metro. Ravenna, which has been down the last season, has historically been perennially a playoff contender. Woodridge has made the playoffs every year the last three years. They made it a game last year against SVSM, a team that went on to the state semis. And then there is Coventry, who played a close game against Tallmadge, and blew a 4th quarter lead. Had they beaten Tallmadge, they would have made the playoffs. Oh and also, Coventry has gotten 9 of their football players on to playing ball at the college level. My point in all this, is if you are going to diss a league, check your facts, before you spew your ignorance. PTC Metro is no North Coast, or Suburban League. But the PTC has absolutely nothing to be ashamed of the last couple seasons. Certainly not enough to warrant your dumb comment.
You proved all of my points for me. The fact that you are talking about Division 18 schools making the "playoffs" is all I need to know. Our middle school CYO teams would beat Mogadore by multiple scores. Coventry? Please they are a joke and are filled with all Akron kids. Woodridge does not belong on this list and do not consider them a PTC team. Kent Roosevelt dominated this "league" for years in the sports that matter. They are lucky to sniff a score in the Suburban League. Bro?
Old 05-25-18, 07:47 AM
Freshman

Football330 is on a distinguished road
Can someone put a mussel on Rusty?
Old 05-25-18, 08:24 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football330 View Post
Can someone put a mussel on Rusty?
Sometimes the truth hurts my dude.
Old 05-25-18, 09:36 AM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Height: 6′ 1″
Weight: 225 lbs

^ Jerome Bakers height and weight.

Traynum is only a sophomore...he will grow and gain some lean mass. I still see him being heavily recruited at LB. He has the killer instinct and does really good with his reads/keys. He has the perfect physique to be a Jabrill Peppers or a Jerome Baker type SS/LB hybrid.
He is the best all around player I have seen in the last few years, however he is no where close to 6'1". He is 5'10 maybe 210.
Old 05-25-18, 01:06 PM
All American

CoventryTrackXCguy is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusty Anchor View Post
You proved all of my points for me. The fact that you are talking about Division 18 schools making the "playoffs" is all I need to know. Our middle school CYO teams would beat Mogadore by multiple scores. Coventry? Please they are a joke and are filled with all Akron kids. Woodridge does not belong on this list and do not consider them a PTC team. Kent Roosevelt dominated this "league" for years in the sports that matter. They are lucky to sniff a score in the Suburban League. Bro?
You have proved nothing actually, all you've done is spread around fake news. The fact that you don't respect the lower divisions says a lot actually. There are plenty of phenomenal teams in the lower divisions. Like in the MAC. As for Coventry, plenty of its best athletes are Coventry natives. At any rate I'm not sure how an 8-2 record, a close game against Tallmadge, with our star playing sick, and 9 seniors moving on to play college football is a joke. And of course you dont consider Woodridge a PTC team, because they don't fit your terrible narrative about us.Also has it occurred to you that Kent Roosevelt is simply a different program then it was when it was in the PTC? Again, who are you to attack an entire league? Your fake news.
Old 05-25-18, 01:29 PM
All American

At any rate where are all the Mogadore people? Did they not just see what Rusty Anchor said about you guys? Are you not going to defend?
Old 05-25-18, 02:09 PM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
At any rate where are all the Mogadore people? Did they not just see what Rusty Anchor said about you guys? Are you not going to defend?
Mogadore doesn't have to prove anything to morons. Mogadore' s history speaks for itself. I wish rusty would go to Mogadorefootball.com click on the history link. He might feel differently about the Cats. If he does read it and still feels the way he does, then my previous moron statement holds up.
Old 05-25-18, 02:19 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
Mogadore doesn't have to prove anything to morons. Mogadore' s history speaks for itself. I wish rusty would go to Mogadorefootball.com click on the history link. He might feel differently about the Cats. If he does read it and still feels the way he does, then my previous moron statement holds up.
In which case, I might as well also not engage the village idiot.
Old 05-27-18, 01:33 PM
All World

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
1. Hoban 2. STVM 3. Hudson 4. Akron Buchtel 5. Akron East 6. Barberton 7. Stow 8. Copley 9. Green 10. Manchester 11. CVCA
Old 05-27-18, 03:58 PM
All American

frankie is on a distinguished road
The Magics have a few holes to fill but some very good JV's are waiting their turn (in the weight room) and the schedule could lead to a 10 win season... Don't count them out of anything!! This team knows how to work!! and knows how to win!!
Old 05-27-18, 04:01 PM
All American

frankie is on a distinguished road
Hoban
St. V
Stow
Hudson
Barberton
Tallmadge
Woodridge
Highland (sub L)
East
Old 05-27-18, 06:17 PM
All Region

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarstoShine View Post
1. Hoban 2. STVM 3. Hudson 4. Akron Buchtel 5. Akron East 6. Barberton 7. Stow 8. Copley 9. Green 10. Manchester 11. CVCA
2 PAC 7 teams, that's interesting. I'm sure you're going to get a lot of flack on those choices!
Old 05-27-18, 06:23 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Stow?
Old 05-27-18, 07:50 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
I think Tallmadge will be the darkhorse this year. Lost quite a bit of talent from last year but had a good number of solid players getting plenty of playing time. If they can fill a couple of those holes, they could be very good. They won't have alot of depth but their starters will be competitive.
Old 05-28-18, 07:49 PM
All Ohio

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
Just for fun and based on best team without considering division:

1. Hoban
2. Hudson
3. Barberton
4. Stow
5. StV
6. East
7. Buchtel
8. Green
9. Tallmadge
10. Nordonia
Old 05-29-18, 03:06 AM
All World

StarstoShine is on a distinguished road
STVM returns 16 of 22 starters from a team that advanced to the State Semi Finals The top returning QB in Summit 6-2 202 Junior 2700 career yards passing. 5-11 188 RB who rushed for 1400 yards. A pair of tackles 6-6 305 6-9 331. A defense that returns 9 starters. A squad filled with state track qualifiers. No disrespect to Hudson, Stow (no QB) and Barberton do not have better returning talent or speed. The Irish should win D3 Region 9 and advance deep into the playoffs. This is the same team that beat Massillon week 9 in 2017 and certainly not 2 TD underdogs week 1 in 201&.
Old 05-29-18, 08:50 AM
All American

Orangeman89
1.Hoban
2.SVSM
3.Buchtel
4.Stow
5.Hudson
6.Barberton
7.East
8.Copley
9.Tallmadge
10.Manchester
Old 05-29-18, 09:52 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Quote:
I agree fully that these are decent teams for the small divisions. Obviously there are good and bad team at each division. But to mention Mogadore or one of these other train-wrecks as far as one of the best teams in summit county is a joke. Like I said, our middle school CYO teams would beat Mogadore by multiple scores. I do not think anyone will debate that.
Old 05-29-18, 09:53 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
History of what? Winning against other pee wee level teams? Please stop the name calling too. That is very rude and uncalled for. If you cannot formulate an argument without berating someone maybe you should not type anything.
Old 05-29-18, 09:55 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankie View Post
The Magics have a few holes to fill but some very good JV's are waiting their turn (in the weight room) and the schedule could lead to a 10 win season... Don't count them out of anything!! This team knows how to work!! and knows how to win!!
And your coach knows how to pluck the best APS athletes from schools he has worked at.
Old 05-29-18, 09:55 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
I think Tallmadge will be the darkhorse this year. Lost quite a bit of talent from last year but had a good number of solid players getting plenty of playing time. If they can fill a couple of those holes, they could be very good. They won't have alot of depth but their starters will be competitive.
They will be good. QB is back right?
Old 05-29-18, 09:57 AM
Moderated User

Quote:
STVM returns 16 of 22 starters from a team that advanced to the State Semi Finals The top returning QB in Summit 6-2 202 Junior 2700 career yards passing. 5-11 188 RB who rushed for 1400 yards. A pair of tackles 6-6 305 6-9 331. A defense that returns 9 starters. A squad filled with state track qualifiers. No disrespect to Hudson, Stow (no QB) and Barberton do not have better returning talent or speed. The Irish should win D3 Region 9 and advance deep into the playoffs. This is the same team that beat Massillon week 9 in 2017 and certainly not 2 TD underdogs week 1 in 201&.
Well said, I hope you guys compete with Hoban this year. These blowouts are getting old
Old 05-29-18, 12:00 PM
All Ohio

Thurgood75 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by DB 04 View Post
Iíve seen wayyy too many players in the past have D1 offers (actual scholarships) or play at the elite D1 level at LB, CB, or safety. They decide to go somewhere else or enroll at a lower division to play RB, or QB (because they want to). After they play the position they want to play, they ruin their chances at the NFL.

His best shot is at making an impact in D1, (an elite D1 school) which is at LB, rover, or SS. He is a Jerome Baker on defense at the D1 level. He should be deliving the punishment on defense..not receiving it playing RB at WVU. He is the perfect body type for a LB at Michigan, Ohio State, Alabama, ND, or Clemson
Watch the games and don't look at highlights or articles to try to make an assessment. He plays with a lot more thump than Baker at this point in their careers. He is being recruited on both sides of the ball by all of the majors so i'm guessing he will be ok on either side. We haven't seen the best of him at RB yet because their hasn't been a need on the team for him to have a heavy workload. The kid is just a great football player he will shine regardless of where you put him.
Old 05-29-18, 12:00 PM
All Region

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
History of what? Winning against other pee wee level teams? Please stop the name calling too. That is very rude and uncalled for. If you cannot formulate an argument without berating someone maybe you should not type anything.
Who is your school that is so incredibly good you can talk the way you do. So who u root for and who did you play forand I'm guessing you didn't play, or at least start. See I've found former atheletes rarely to bad about other teams and players. I'm guessing you were in the band and had a child or realative that played. As far as the name calling I'm proud of myself u cleaned that up a lot. And I'm guessing you didn't go to the site and read it. Another one of those behind the keyboard haters that doesn't know the difference between a DB, CB LB and OL. So please tell us who you root for. Oh and did u go to school there? Curious minds want to know.
Old 05-29-18, 12:12 PM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Well said, I hope you guys compete with Hoban this year. These blowouts are getting old
Game last year was 7-7 in the 3rd quarter and St V had their chances and didn't take advantage. I would hardly call that a blowout....but you it's clear you certainly try and stir the pot with your posts.

Your comments about Mogadore's football team are off base as well. I've seen all the CYO teams in the area play, and there is not one of them out there would stand a chance against a high school football team. The good news is I'm sure most people laugh when they read your posts, but someone needed to call you out for being the mean person you are...as those posts are mean and insulting to the kids, coaches and parents who have put countless hours into playing the game. Go take your hate and negativity somewhere else.
Old 05-29-18, 12:17 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Who is your school that is so incredibly good you can talk the way you do. So who u root for and who did you play forand I'm guessing you didn't play, or at least start. See I've found former atheletes rarely to bad about other teams and players. I'm guessing you were in the band and had a child or realative that played. As far as the name calling I'm proud of myself u cleaned that up a lot. And I'm guessing you didn't go to the site and read it. Another one of those behind the keyboard haters that doesn't know the difference between a DB, CB LB and OL. So please tell us who you root for. Oh and did u go to school there? Curious minds want to know.
I am a proud member of the 1995 national title team. I live in Akron now and support the Archbishop Hoban Knights. I am one of their leading boosters and housers on recruiting visits, if you really need to know.
Old 05-29-18, 12:20 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football Fan 1 View Post
Game last year was 7-7 in the 3rd quarter and St V had their chances and didn't take advantage. I would hardly call that a blowout....but you it's clear you certainly try and stir the pot with your posts.

Your comments about Mogadore's football team are off base as well. I've seen all the CYO teams in the area play, and there is not one of them out there would stand a chance against a high school football team. The good news is I'm sure most people laugh when they read your posts, but someone needed to call you out for being the mean person you are...as those posts are mean and insulting to the kids, coaches and parents who have put countless hours into playing the game. Go take your hate and negativity somewhere else.
There is nothing mean or ill-spirited in anything I post. Most everyone I have ever talked to from Mogadore is very nice and understand that they are not a great football team. Mogadore is a nice place, I own some property on their border. They are very good for their division but would get destroyed by 90% or more of the county. I am sorry that this hurts your feelings.
Old 05-29-18, 02:39 PM
All District

Football Fan 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
There is nothing mean or ill-spirited in anything I post. Most everyone I have ever talked to from Mogadore is very nice and understand that they are not a great football team. Mogadore is a nice place, I own some property on their border. They are very good for their division but would get destroyed by 90% or more of the county. I am sorry that this hurts your feelings.
Doesn't hurt my feelings at all. For you to say that your middle school CYO team could beat Mogadore really creates issues for you from a credibility standpoint.
Old 05-29-18, 04:29 PM
All American

Quote:
I am a proud member of the 1995 national title team. I live in Akron now and support the Archbishop Hoban Knights. I am one of their leading boosters and housers on recruiting visits, if you really need to know.
Oh, a hoban supporter. Enough said. Well then, if you, in your ignorance, wish to regard my comets as being a joke, then by all means, do so. Then maybe you wont recruit them. I do find it funny how a Hoban supporter is calling out Coventry for its open enrollment practices. Those who live in glass houses shouldn't be throwing rocks.

Last edited by CoventryTrackXCguy; 05-29-18 at 05:16 PM.