Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-25-18, 12:37 PM
All District

brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
The only person who I have heard mention Babe at Gilmour is Arc. That IMO is not reliable source based on his obsession with making Babe look bad at ever opportunity. Until Babe tells me face to face or I hear it from what I consider a reliable source - it's not even a story. I love how some schools publish coaches who are considering to move somewhere else - while they are still employed. Where is professional courtesy ? If (hypothetical) Babe was to want as you put it the Gilmour job it would be one of three reasons. A challenge, the administration at Joe's or if the job included free education for his kids. I do feel that the current administration does not fully understand what sports in general but especially basketball means to that school. Very proud and tradition rich history that their alumni take much pride in. The new AD has come in and at first was seeming to be OK - but the horror stories we heard about him while at Euclid are becoming a reality at Joe's as well. I hope he did not purchase business cards. That being said Gilmour takes a special person. As great a coach TJ and Babe are - they would have a hard time topping what the outgoing coach already achieved. It's just not a hoops school. You cannot make it what it's not. If you go after a bunch of stud players and bring them in under special financial arrangement the powers that be and paying parents would lose their minds. Can't do it. That is what it would take to get the (athletes) needed to win. Just say by the grace of God you did get those players. There is no saying they will fit in or be able to hang with the stringent acedemic requirements. So what does that leave you ? A 6'6 kid once every few years and a bunch of Cody and Kyles. You can be solid and play great team basketball but eventually you will run into Benny, CCC, Joe's, Lake, Holy Name who do the same - but with a roster of studs. Jimmy and Joe's will win over X's and O's in most cases - even against the best coaching. Gilmour will be a tough job to fill unless a coach is going there for reasons other than building a powerhouse. Job, pay or free education for kids seem to be the only reason for an elite coach to leave a top program and be a Lancer. It's will be a huge piece of humble pie when you coach there and the girls team pulls 3x the crowd as the guys or your asked to go to the auxiliary gym because the girls have practice. Lol. Maybe when your walking the sidelines in a 55-54 offensive shootout against University for Rt91 bragging rights it kicks in - what am I doing here. Who knows. I just know any top flight coach who is used to coaching college level players at an elite program will really struggle when faced with the reality of Gilomour roster. When you have to remove all your alley oop plays because nobody can dunk and replace them with some version of the Doc Euclid 4 corner stall - reality will set in. Unless your there for different reasons and your cool with what you have accomplished in the past. Like I said. It will be interesting to see who takes the job and more importantly why.
If I understand you correctly, you are saying that if Babe is looking at the Gilmour job it makes him look bad in your eyes? Is that what you are saying? I mean, I would think that you would've been inside that circle of trust that Babe has already reached out to in the VASJ community for mentorship. You and Mug have often claimed to know everything that transpires there so I'm sure one of you has gone ahead and emailed the VASJ administration to inquire about the validity of such a story.

Are you now telling me that the new AD is having problems in under a year at VASJ? Surprising since both you and Mug were on these message boards gloating about how the school finally has an AD that "gets it" and "supports all sports." A rather dramatic 180 from only a few short moths ago.

Are you now also saying that Gilmour Academy is going to have to bring in "athletes" to win and "athletes" need special financial consideration to attend the school? I'm unclear as to what that you mean by this.

Finally, are you insinuating that Babe isn't that good of a coach unless he has athletes? Are you saying that he can't win with less than 3 Division 1 college players on his roster? Is that what you are saying?
Old 05-25-18, 01:58 PM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
Those above things are what YOU are saying. I would never speak for another man. IF Babe was to apply or take the Gilmour job - it's his decision. He would leave doing more for the school then any of you circle jerks. If it was his families decision - who are any of us to question it.

The Vikings Village only seems to attract crappy ADs lately it seems. The last one and current one are equally poor.

Can Babe win without athletes ? Can ANY coach win without them ? Name me one coach on any level in any sport that does not need athletes. Example Butch Davis - wins at Miami, stinks with Browns and North Carolina. The difference- had talent in Miami.

Unlike you and your band of outcasts I want Babe to always be at Joe's. I want to see him coach all his kids. But that is me and my selfish reasons. I however consider Babe a friend and want what is best for him and his family. That is where we differ big time. You wish for Babes failure and I wish him success always.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Old 05-25-18, 02:09 PM
Junior Varsity

FlannMann87 is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Those above things are what YOU are saying. I would never speak for another man. IF Babe was to apply or take the Gilmour job - it's his decision. He would leave doing more for the school then any of you circle jerks. If it was his families decision - who are any of us to question it.

The Vikings Village only seems to attract crappy ADs lately it seems. The last one and current one are equally poor.

Can Babe win without athletes ? Can ANY coach win without them ? Name me one coach on any level in any sport that does not need athletes. Example Butch Davis - wins at Miami, stinks with Browns and North Carolina. The difference- had talent in Miami.

Unlike you and your band of outcasts I want Babe to always be at Joe's. I want to see him coach all his kids. But that is me and my selfish reasons. I however consider Babe a friend and want what is best for him and his family. That is where we differ big time. You wish for Babes failure and I wish him success always.

Now VASJ gets a higher quality athlete????????? I thought the other schools they beat by 20 in the lower divisions just needed to toughen up the schedule??????
Old 05-25-18, 02:35 PM
All Ohio

Over The Hills is on a distinguished road
Quote:
The only person who I have heard mention Babe at Gilmour is Arc. That IMO is not reliable source based on his obsession with making Babe look bad at ever opportunity. Until Babe tells me face to face or I hear it from what I consider a reliable source - it's not even a story. I love how some schools publish coaches who are considering to move somewhere else - while they are still employed. Where is professional courtesy ? If (hypothetical) Babe was to want as you put it the Gilmour job it would be one of three reasons. A challenge, the administration at Joe's or if the job included free education for his kids. I do feel that the current administration does not fully understand what sports in general but especially basketball means to that school. Very proud and tradition rich history that their alumni take much pride in. The new AD has come in and at first was seeming to be OK - but the horror stories we heard about him while at Euclid are becoming a reality at Joe's as well. I hope he did not purchase business cards. That being said Gilmour takes a special person. As great a coach TJ and Babe are - they would have a hard time topping what the outgoing coach already achieved. It's just not a hoops school. You cannot make it what it's not. If you go after a bunch of stud players and bring them in under special financial arrangement the powers that be and paying parents would lose their minds. Can't do it. That is what it would take to get the (athletes) needed to win. Just say by the grace of God you did get those players. There is no saying they will fit in or be able to hang with the stringent acedemic requirements. So what does that leave you ? A 6'6 kid once every few years and a bunch of Cody and Kyles. You can be solid and play great team basketball but eventually you will run into Benny, CCC, Joe's, Lake, Holy Name who do the same - but with a roster of studs. Jimmy and Joe's will win over X's and O's in most cases - even against the best coaching. Gilmour will be a tough job to fill unless a coach is going there for reasons other than building a powerhouse. Job, pay or free education for kids seem to be the only reason for an elite coach to leave a top program and be a Lancer. It's will be a huge piece of humble pie when you coach there and the girls team pulls 3x the crowd as the guys or your asked to go to the auxiliary gym because the girls have practice. Lol. Maybe when your walking the sidelines in a 55-54 offensive shootout against University for Rt91 bragging rights it kicks in - what am I doing here. Who knows. I just know any top flight coach who is used to coaching college level players at an elite program will really struggle when faced with the reality of Gilomour roster. When you have to remove all your alley oop plays because nobody can dunk and replace them with some version of the Doc Euclid 4 corner stall - reality will set in. Unless your there for different reasons and your cool with what you have accomplished in the past. Like I said. It will be interesting to see who takes the job and more importantly why.

216 you should stick to what you know.
Too funny!

Who are you talkin too in this post?....it's either Coach Babe or the guy who pretends to be from Brush.

You have some good things to say about VASJ as far as basketball goes.
I believe you have some credibility in that department and have enjoyed your posts about the Vikes.

However, your post listed above does nothing but show just how little that you know about Gilmour.
You make so many assumptions that are not even remotely close.
Thanks for the laugh!
Killin me man.
Old 05-25-18, 03:11 PM
All Ohio

MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
Are you now telling me that the new AD is having problems in under a year at VASJ? Surprising since both you and Mug were on these message boards gloating about how the school finally has an AD that "gets it" and "supports all sports." A rather dramatic 180 from only a few short moths ago.
I believe I said something to the effect of the new guy is a step up from the nonsense of the last guy. Considering how low the bar was, that was easy to say. The new guy and Babe still get along, and that's probably because he loves hoops. Any problems the new guy is having has been with the other coaches.
Old 05-25-18, 03:21 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Over The Hills View Post

216 you should stick to what you know.
Too funny!

Who are you talkin too in this post?....it's either Coach Babe or the guy who pretends to be from Brush.

You have some good things to say about VASJ as far as basketball goes.
I believe you have some credibility in that department and have enjoyed your posts about the Vikes.

However, your post listed above does nothing but show just how little that you know about Gilmour.
You make so many assumptions that are not even remotely close.
Thanks for the laugh!
Killin me man.
The guy that pretends to be Jewish Brush Arc, is really a former Viking and friend of Babe's. He is a lunatic social media stalker that is obsessed with all things Babe. Yes he has severe issues. If you don't believe me, you only have to look at the old VASJ Viking Basketball 2017-2018 string to get a taste of how childish and immature a grown man in his late 30's with a wife and children can be. On behalf of all real Vikings, I apologize for Brusharc's obsession infringing on a legitimate Gilmour basketball issue. Good luck to Gilmour in their search.
Old 05-25-18, 03:28 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
The guy that pretends to be Jewish Brush Arc, is really a former Viking and friend of Babe's. He is a lunatic social media stalker that is obsessed with all things Babe. Yes he has severe issues. If you don't believe me, you only have to look at the old VASJ Viking Basketball 2017-2018 string to get a taste of how childish and immature a grown man in his late 30's with a wife and children can be. On behalf of all real Vikings, I apologize for Brusharc's obsession infringing on a legitimate Gilmour basketball issue. Good luck to Gilmour in their search.
Mug, why does Babe want to leave VASJ? In your opinion....
Old 05-25-18, 04:46 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Mug, why does Babe want to leave VASJ? In your opinion....
I wouldn't normally respond to your query but for the sake of the misinformation out there, I am making an exception. There truth is that I don't know if he wants to leave or not or if he is even considering it. From past conversations, I know he LOVES VASJ and that is where his heart is. IF he is remotely considering a change, my guess would be that it is because his son is in 8th grade going into 9th and once he enters high school, it's at least a 4 year commitment to that school and if he is in, he is all in. If he and his wife are happy with the administrative situation at VASJ and he can see himself committed to at least 4 more years (he does have 2 younger sons) at the school, then my guess would be that he is staying. If he (and his wife) are not happy with administrations direction of the school, then my guess would be that he would leave. If his son wasn't going into 9th grade (ie if he was in 6th grade), we wouldn't even be having this conversation.

Last edited by MugnMaul78; 05-25-18 at 07:05 PM.
Old 05-25-18, 05:12 PM
All World

Over the Hills - if I was wrong about Gilmour or posted things that were not true - please fill me in. This thread is to talk about the Gilmour job and not Babe. So let's get back on point. I was just posting from my experience watching Gilmour play a half dozen times the last few years. I have nothing but respect for O'Toole and the previous coach. If I said any untruths about the boys program please point them out. They were just opinions from the outside looking in.
Old 05-25-18, 06:23 PM
Freshman

conspiritor is on a distinguished road
From the outside looking in, it seems that brush is playing 216 and Mug like a piano concerto.
Old 05-25-18, 07:01 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiritor View Post
From the outside looking in, it seems that brush is playing 216 and Mug like a piano concerto.
All you need to know about Brush you can find on the VASJ Basketball string for the past season. The guy has serious problems. Nobody should be that obsessed with that much hatred.
Old 05-26-18, 09:22 AM
All District

StowInTheKnow is on a distinguished road
Then why was Babe on Gilmour campus Thursday?
Old 05-26-18, 01:40 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by StowInTheKnow View Post
Then why was Babe on Gilmour campus Thursday?
To listen to what the admin has to say? You have been back and forth saying the job is filled and then not filled and then looking at other people. Apparently you are "InTheKnow", so you tell us.
Old 05-26-18, 03:02 PM
All District

I heard the have their guy. Can’t confirm who. Can confirm Babe was “getting a tour” of the campus. Listen if I could confirm the hiring I would.
Old 05-27-18, 09:09 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
To listen to what the admin has to say? You have been back and forth saying the job is filled and then not filled and then looking at other people. Apparently you are "InTheKnow", so you tell us.

Word on the street is Babe is going to Gilmour (even though itís a ploy for attention). Is that culture he really wants for his son? Iím sure you expected more out of Babe. Iím sure you have to display an incredible amount of restraint from calling up Babe and telling him he is making a mistake by going to Gilmour with those elitist, phony, SOBís. Iím sure at this point you arenít even sure if Babe is Viking material and question whether or not he even deserves your school. Iím sure you wish his son the best because he is just a boy and a polite young man so you hope he stays that way. But as far as Babe is concerned you probably used to respect him but you no longer do. In fact, you probably have removed him from your LinkedIn.
Old 05-27-18, 09:18 AM
Freshman

Why did the coach post on twitter a picture of three banners? Is it a way of expressing "your welcome and good bye"? After the holiday and graduation, all of the mystery will come to light.

Last edited by conspiritor; 05-27-18 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-27-18, 02:25 PM
All World

Like I said in a previous post - where is professional courtesy. McKinley was looking for a coach and somebody posted the names of candidates - even though several still had jobs. There are many other schools that have done the same. Hats off to Gilmour for keeping the names of its candidates quite. Arc does not possess that quality. Arc managed to turn a Gilmour job search thread into Babe bashing - like he always does. I'm sure Gilmour will pick the candidate O'Toole and the administration feels is the best fit. The coach who accepts the job will do so for reasons that are best for him and his family. Unlike Arc Mug and myself do not determine who is our friend based on where they coach or the success they do or do not have. IF any of the coaches I know go somewhere else - we are still friends and I wish them the best. When O'Toole left Euclid for Iggy - nothing changed but his location. Whenever a coach leave a school for another school there is reasons that cause that change. Location, pay, challenge, administration, parents, tradition, better opportunity, etc. Coaching is not as easy as it used to be. Parents and administrators have chased many quality coaches to either leave the profession or change locations over the last few years. Im sure we will find out soon who Gilmour has selected and the dominos will fall into place like they always do.
Old 05-27-18, 03:03 PM
All District

Quote:
Like I said in a previous post - where is professional courtesy. McKinley was looking for a coach and somebody posted the names of candidates - even though several still had jobs. There are many other schools that have done the same. Hats off to Gilmour for keeping the names of its candidates quite. Arc does not possess that quality. Arc managed to turn a Gilmour job search thread into Babe bashing - like he always does. I'm sure Gilmour will pick the candidate O'Toole and the administration feels is the best fit. The coach who accepts the job will do so for reasons that are best for him and his family. Unlike Arc Mug and myself do not determine who is our friend based on where they coach or the success they do or do not have. IF any of the coaches I know go somewhere else - we are still friends and I wish them the best. When O'Toole left Euclid for Iggy - nothing changed but his location. Whenever a coach leave a school for another school there is reasons that cause that change. Location, pay, challenge, administration, parents, tradition, better opportunity, etc. Coaching is not as easy as it used to be. Parents and administrators have chased many quality coaches to either leave the profession or change locations over the last few years. Im sure we will find out soon who Gilmour has selected and the dominos will fall into place like they always do.

Public schools will post the list of job applicants as it is part of a public records request by any community member. Itís not that hard. The Gilmour job is not a public job so it is up to Babe to let everyone know he is involved in the process. It couldíve been handled with professional courtesy but the applicants shouldnít be broadcasting out their interest if they donít want it out there. So Babe meeting with his mentors and then seeking empathy is all a ploy for attention. You and Mug are hurt that you were not consulted on this one. The reality is Babe didnít have to consult you because you two blindly follow his egomaniacal pile of spewed rubbish everywhere he places it. He already has your sympathy. To you guys he is the martyr. To everyone else with half a brain at VASJ they are hoping beyond hope that Gilmour actually offers him the job unlike the fake offer University School gave him.
Old 05-27-18, 03:23 PM
All World

Arc - you are obsessed with Babe. Since you seem to know so much who else is Gilmour considering or is all their eggs in one basket. You have no issue throwing his name out there - I'm sure Gilmour has had other applicants. The people with good functional brains know what is good for VASJ and that is Babe. The half brains are the ones who fail to realize how important ALL sports are to the fiber of the school and the marketing power those programs have. Sometime people need to learn the hard way. You claim to care about Joe's yet many of the things you wish to happen are damaging to the school. Please do not tell me where my loyalty is. I was at many Euclid games this year supporting the Panthers. That was my school and I always want to see them do well - regardless who the coach is. When the day comes and someone else is coaching Joe's - I will still be there in the stands. I may have a friendship with some coaches but my loyalty is to the school, program and kids. I don't know how you can go through life wishing bad things to happen to people. You need to remove that hate from your soul. That hate combined with your drinking is not healthy.
Old 05-27-18, 04:14 PM
All District

Quote:
Arc - you are obsessed with Babe. Since you seem to know so much who else is Gilmour considering or is all their eggs in one basket. You have no issue throwing his name out there - I'm sure Gilmour has had other applicants. The people with good functional brains know what is good for VASJ and that is Babe. The half brains are the ones who fail to realize how important ALL sports are to the fiber of the school and the marketing power those programs have. Sometime people need to learn the hard way. You claim to care about Joe's yet many of the things you wish to happen are damaging to the school. Please do not tell me where my loyalty is. I was at many Euclid games this year supporting the Panthers. That was my school and I always want to see them do well - regardless who the coach is. When the day comes and someone else is coaching Joe's - I will still be there in the stands. I may have a friendship with some coaches but my loyalty is to the school, program and kids. I don't know how you can go through life wishing bad things to happen to people. You need to remove that hate from your soul. That hate combined with your drinking is not healthy.
Wait a minute, you want me to list the other candidates that applied after you just complained about professional courtesy? Your ability to speak out of both sides of your mouth is remarkable. There are 2 other candidates that I know of that we’re in discussions with Gilmour but nothing materialized.

The people with good functioning brains at VASJ being you and Mug? Apparently the only two guys Babe didn’t seek “counsel” from? Or the good functioning brains of the administration? Because the administration that is the reason that Babe is even considering Gilmour right? It’s tough to keep your narrative straight because it contains more twist and turns than an M. Knight Shamalyan movie. I’ll tell you what, you and Mug co-sign one of your difference making emails to the administration and ask them what is going on? Report back on what you hear.
Old 05-27-18, 05:34 PM
Freshman

Boys, please, calm down and have some holiday remembrance and cheer.
Old 05-27-18, 05:50 PM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by conspiritor View Post
Boys, please, calm down and have some holiday remembrance and cheer.

Donít count on it....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-18, 08:48 PM
All District

16 other applicants. Coach who accepted job mandated that O’Toole and Culler were not on his staff.
Old 05-28-18, 03:53 PM
All District

Last edited by StowInTheKnow; 05-31-18 at 08:08 PM.
Old 05-28-18, 05:20 PM
All District

Last edited by StowInTheKnow; 05-31-18 at 08:07 PM.
Old 05-28-18, 05:53 PM
All World

Quote:
Wait a minute, you want me to list the other candidates that applied after you just complained about professional courtesy? Your ability to speak out of both sides of your mouth is remarkable. There are 2 other candidates that I know of that weíre in discussions with Gilmour but nothing materialized.

The people with good functioning brains at VASJ being you and Mug? Apparently the only two guys Babe didnít seek ďcounselĒ from? Or the good functioning brains of the administration? Because the administration that is the reason that Babe is even considering Gilmour right? Itís tough to keep your narrative straight because it contains more twist and turns than an M. Knight Shamalyan movie. Iíll tell you what, you and Mug co-sign one of your difference making emails to the administration and ask them what is going on? Report back on what you hear.

I prefer professional courtesy - but since you threw out one name you may as well release the rest. But you wont because you only attempt to make one person look bad whenever you can. You say two candidates and KNOW says 16 applicants. We SHOULD find out this week. If in fact the person who is getting the job requests O'Toole not be on the staff that is fine - but you know he is going to be around and is not going anywhere. Especially since he still has a kid in the program.

Old 05-30-18, 09:44 AM
All World

Is there a time frame when Gilmour is looking to announce a coach. This is an important time of the year with open gyms and other team building activities.

Old 05-31-18, 09:04 AM
All District

Quote:
Is there a time frame when Gilmour is looking to announce a coach. This is an important time of the year with open gyms and other team building activities.

You MUST write a letter to the diocese! Gilmour is now your school too! Let the people at the diocese know how the AD and Head Master aren't doing their job!

You should write two letters. This issue is serious. Who's job is it to hire a basketball coach? If that was my coach the school would be hearing from my lawyer. Who knows how many workouts these kids might be missing?

I mean, the right people need to know. This is much bigger than a kid's playing time and lack of communication.
Old 05-31-18, 09:07 AM
All District

Quote:
You MUST write a letter to the diocese! Gilmour is now your school too! Let the people at the diocese know how the AD and Head Master aren't doing their job!

You should write two letters. This issue is serious. Who's job is it to hire a basketball coach? If that was my coach the school would be hearing from my lawyer. Who knows how many workouts these kids might be missing?

I mean, the right people need to know. This is much bigger than a kid's playing time and lack of communication.

I can see you are very disgusted with the lack of communication here. You are very upset.
Old 05-31-18, 01:06 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I can see you are very disgusted with the lack of communication here. You are very upset.
Sybill is talking to himself again. Since your dysfunctional group shares the username Brusharc,I guess your little friend forgot what name he was signed in on.