Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-15-18, 03:31 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCLWarrior View Post
If Parkway and New Bremen left, how would the rest of MAC schools find games? You have schools right now having trouble filling a 10 game schedule and you want to add two more to fill?
Correct, New Bremen should be decent in football the next several years, do not see them leaving, did hear a rumor last year that Parkway could leave for the NWC but so far that's all it is a rumor.
Old 02-15-18, 04:52 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahiem View Post
IF Wellman sticks around and is in the building, Parkway will have four former head coaches in the building (Jason Henline, Ed Kuhn, Dan Cairns)

crazy. They need to go to the NWC (along with New Bremen)
That's insane. Are any of them even on staff? New Bremen isn't going anywhere.
Old 02-15-18, 05:41 PM
All District

Basement Bias is an unknown quantity at this point
Parkway probably adding soccer isn't good for the football team. Lack of success do to Parkway residents sending kids to Crestview, VW, Lincolnview, and Adams Central because of academic image and community image. It's known that Willshire and Chatt dislike Rockford and it's evident in the sports success. What was Woodlan thinking playing way up against ML? Our conference rivals are either brave or naive. Maybe both?
Old 02-15-18, 05:56 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bias View Post
Parkway probably adding soccer isn't good for the football team. Lack of success do to Parkway residents sending kids to Crestview, VW, Lincolnview, and Adams Central because of academic image and community image. It's known that Willshire and Chatt dislike Rockford and it's evident in the sports success. What was Woodlan thinking playing way up against ML? Our conference rivals are either brave or naive. Maybe both?
What would the cause of that be? And I kinda like Marion's matchup with Woodlan. I think it'll be a great harbin point getter for Marion (should they win of course).
Old 02-15-18, 06:04 PM
All American

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
How are Ohio kids going to Indiana schools?
Old 02-15-18, 06:05 PM
All American

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
What would the cause of that be? And I kinda like Marion's matchup with Woodlan. I think it'll be a great harbin point getter for Marion (should they win of course).
Good for ML..... Not so much for Woodlan.
Old 02-15-18, 07:04 PM
All World

Quote:
What was Woodlan thinking playing way up against ML? Our conference rivals are either brave or naive. Maybe both?
Indiana all H.S. football teams make the play-offs so if Woodlan was to lose to ML it really doesn't effect their season.
Old 02-15-18, 07:30 PM
Junior Varsity

OCLWarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Wow, where did dig up these so called facts? The Daily Standard reported that Parkway gained a lot more students than it lost in transfers. If what you said is true, Parkway would be losing students like Celina. I have friends and family in Willshire and Chatt, and I have never heard of this. I guess the softball didn't get your memo on Parkway sports success. Next time, back up what you are saying with some facts, and not rumors you heard or what you think.
Old 02-15-18, 07:48 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Their JH team had maybe 14 kids. I really don't think even Goodwin could turn them around at this point. They have good running backs just not much else. I'm kind of glad and feel bittersweet about Parkway coming off the schedule. Glad because the games weren't that competitive but bittersweet because for all I know, 2017 could've actually been the last time Coldwater faces Parkway in football.

They really need help.

On another note, Who could take over?
You don't think Goodwin could improve Parkway football? You must think his teams win because Marion has superior athletes and not his coaching.
Oh well, one less automatic win for Coldwater next year.
Old 02-15-18, 07:53 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
That's what I counted in the program. As for the rest of your post I pretty much agree
Must be that Coldwater new math because that's not what I counted.
Old 02-15-18, 08:00 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
That's insane. Are any of them even on staff? New Bremen isn't going anywhere.
All four are staff members this year.
Old 02-15-18, 09:16 PM
All American

Quote:
Must be that Coldwater new math because that's not what I counted.
Whatever dude. I'll take your word for it then
Old 02-16-18, 07:02 AM
All District

Quote:
Wow, where did dig up these so called facts? The Daily Standard reported that Parkway gained a lot more students than it lost in transfers. If what you said is true, Parkway would be losing students like Celina. I have friends and family in Willshire and Chatt, and I have never heard of this. I guess the softball didn't get your memo on Parkway sports success. Next time, back up what you are saying with some facts, and not rumors you heard or what you think.
Rumors? My family has been from Willshire for years. Both sides are buried in the cemetery east of town. Plus Adams Central my alma mater has had more Willshire kids cross the state line to go to school than before. Softball and volleyball hasnt been the success it was before. My mom's cousins were very successful volleyball players for Parkway. My mother was the all time rebounding leader and might still be. She and her family always mention that in sports or general, if you weren't from Rockford, you weren't sh*t. Only rise in students are people who moved to Rockford. Funny you mention softball as my second cousins would have played for Parkway, but after a death in the family and how they were disgracefully treated, they went to Celina where the youngest daughter played on their state qualifying team. You better get your ears checked on how Willshire really feels about Parkway.
Old 02-16-18, 07:04 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
How are Ohio kids going to Indiana schools?
Some list addresses of relatives in Indiana as residences, other have been accepted in open enrollment with tuition.
Old 02-16-18, 07:09 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Indiana all H.S. football teams make the play-offs so if Woodlan was to lose to ML it really doesn't effect their season.
They won't have that physical style shown or any semblance until they play South Adams and Adams Central in conference, and even that doesn't compare to ML. They won't have been or be against that size. Woodlan isn't as good as they were the past 3 years. Unless they have some athletes coming in who would have went to FW Harding, they'll get smoked.
Old 02-16-18, 02:32 PM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Rumors? My family has been from Willshire for years. Both sides are buried in the cemetery east of town. Plus Adams Central my alma mater has had more Willshire kids cross the state line to go to school than before. Softball and volleyball hasnt been the success it was before. My mom's cousins were very successful volleyball players for Parkway. My mother was the all time rebounding leader and might still be. She and her family always mention that in sports or general, if you weren't from Rockford, you weren't sh*t. Only rise in students are people who moved to Rockford. Funny you mention softball as my second cousins would have played for Parkway, but after a death in the family and how they were disgracefully treated, they went to Celina where the youngest daughter played on their state qualifying team. You better get your ears checked on how Willshire really feels about Parkway.
Thanks for your concern about my hearing but it's just fine. Sorry that your family experienced a death in the family. Parkway has gained more students through open enrollment. I know kids from southern Liberty township in Van Wert Co. and Celina who are transfers. The big problem is the cliques that are created not only by the students but also the adults. Every school and community have them. Life is not fair but we have to deal with it the best we can.
Old 02-16-18, 07:04 PM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
If ML is still looking for a Week 2 game, there's a D3 football power not far away also looking for a Week 2 game...Trotwood.
Old 02-17-18, 07:57 AM
All District

I actually messaged Woodlan coach Haydock on GID and he is confident that he and the Warriors will put up a fight and relish the underdog role. Any other MAC schools have the chance of playing Indiana schools? The ACAC has 7 members so that's 3 open weeks but most have county rivalries with NE 8 schools. Be cool to see the ACAC, NE 8, and etc face the NWC, MAC, and etc.
Old 02-17-18, 08:19 AM
All Region

big medicine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by InTheDarke View Post
If ML is still looking for a Week 2 game, there's a D3 football power not far away also looking for a Week 2 game...Trotwood.
Would Bishop Fenwick be a viable option ? Also list week 2 as open. D IV parochial.

Middletown/Franklin area not much farther than Valley View. probably closer than Clinton Massie which other MAC schools are currently scheduling.

If they were interested.
Old 02-17-18, 09:00 AM
All World

Quote:
I actually messaged Woodlan coach Haydock on GID and he is confident that he and the Warriors will put up a fight and relish the underdog role. Any other MAC schools have the chance of playing Indiana schools? The ACAC has 7 members so that's 3 open weeks but most have county rivalries with NE 8 schools. Be cool to see the ACAC, NE 8, and etc face the NWC, MAC, and etc.
Hopefully regardless of the out come of the 1st game at Woodlan, Woodlan does not cancel the return trip to ML, like the Michigan team did several years ago.
Old 02-17-18, 12:51 PM
All American

Quote:
All four are staff members this year.
I meant on the coaching staff
Old 02-17-18, 12:56 PM
All American

Quote:
Coldwater could use a matchup in the future but we're set for right now. I still want to see Fort Recovery-Jay County become a yearly thing. It'd be cool to see Parkway play South Adams or Central
Old 02-17-18, 01:00 PM
All American

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by big medicine View Post
Would Bishop Fenwick be a viable option ? Also list week 2 as open. D IV parochial.

Middletown/Franklin area not much farther than Valley View. probably closer than Clinton Massie which other MAC schools are currently scheduling.

If they were interested.
I would say so. They're playing Anna in week 1 so playing another MAC school seems viable.
Old 02-17-18, 04:21 PM
All Region

big medicine is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I would say so. They're playing Anna in week 1 so playing another MAC school seems viable.
Yeah I totally missed that. Plus I had their division wrong.
Old 02-18-18, 09:51 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Quote:
Coldwater could use a matchup in the future but we're set for right now. I still want to see Fort Recovery-Jay County become a yearly thing. It'd be cool to see Parkway play South Adams or Central
I want to see more SWBL and CCC teams get the guts to schedule MAC schools. Parkway vs Carlisle and New Bremen vs Milton-Union or Minster vs Milton would be good games. MU has their old coach back and that should mean they are going to get back to quality football.
FR would school Jay Cty. I know it's a bigger school but they aren't even close to that caliber. I have family in Jay County and basketball is King there. The Patriots would get pounded.
Old 02-18-18, 10:34 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
I want to see more SWBL and CCC teams get the guts to schedule MAC schools. Parkway vs Carlisle and New Bremen vs Milton-Union or Minster vs Milton would be good games. MU has their old coach back and that should mean they are going to get back to quality football.
FR would school Jay Cty. I know it's a bigger school but they aren't even close to that caliber. I have family in Jay County and basketball is King there. The Patriots would get pounded.
I wouldn't mind Coldwater scheduling a team like bellbrook or Milton now that you have your old coach back. Fort recovery played jay county once and it was 28-0 and the game was called final after 3 quarters due to lightning. It'd just be a rivalry game.
Old 02-18-18, 12:27 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Yeah, they are close to each other.
Old 02-18-18, 11:36 PM
All District

IndianaBanana is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
We seem to bring up the FR/JC matchup a lot in these off season scheduling posts, and it always seems to be you, StateChampion2012 and I at the nucleus. You're absolutely not wrong about the hypothetical dominance over Portland n' Pals. It seems to be even more so with the county of Jay having a steadily dwindling population, as a whole. Regardless of skill or program level, these teams (and the communities for that matter) WANT to play each other. Behind St. Henry (who, let's be honest, Coldwater is their true Arch) is always Jay County as FRs biggest rivals. And thus why the AD's are still trying to make the football game work.

As for Conference v Conference locked matchups, There's no perfect answer. Geographically, there's no non-MAC schools woven between MACland (WBL comes close-ish). Go to the CCC or SWBL (know what? let's just say SWBL), Delphos and Parkway wouldn't like that trip. ACAC, FR PW CW would be the only ones enjoying the drive. The NWC would definitely come the closest, but pending on how the lineups would go, FR and Versailles would feel like pulling the short straws.
Old 02-19-18, 07:02 AM
All American

InTheDarke is on a distinguished road
Yeah Jay County is garbage in football. We schooled them 3 years in a row at Greenville, and that first time was the only year we were any good. A border war rivalry would be great, if only both JC and FR would schedule it out for a few years.
Old 02-19-18, 07:26 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
I meant on the coaching staff
None.