Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-31-18, 03:55 PM
Cooling Off

Cougarfan222 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Cougarfan222 is fake poster using a made up name to mock my posts. Pay no attention to his post. He is doing this to make Hoban look bad as he is a public school whiner.
I'm really making Hoban look bad by posting positive comments about the school and the football team??? Hmm... If I was critical that would make the school look good?
Old 07-31-18, 04:43 PM
All Ohio

Cougarfan22 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan222 View Post
I'm really making Hoban look bad by posting positive comments about the school and the football team??? Hmm... If I was critical that would make the school look good?
Fake. Take a look at your post on Hoban 2018 just now. Not a compliment. Your true disdain for the OHSAA and Hoban comes shining through. Your creation of cougarfan222 is purely to mock and pose as a Hoban supporter.
Old 07-31-18, 06:22 PM
All Ohio

chinwhip is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougarfan22 View Post
Fake. Take a look at your post on Hoban 2018 just now. Not a compliment. Your true disdain for the OHSAA and Hoban comes shining through. Your creation of cougarfan222 is purely to mock and pose as a Hoban supporter.
I too have disdain for OHSAA
Old 08-09-18, 05:10 PM
All Region

Youngguy is on a distinguished road
Manchester rolled over Minerva today 5-0. Wright 2 TD's (80 yds on 1st play), Foster 2 TD's (80 yds on 2nd play), Johnson 40 yd TD pass and broke 3 tackles.
Old 08-14-18, 07:43 PM
All World

TopCat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngguy View Post
Manchester rolled over Minerva today 5-0. Wright 2 TD's (80 yds on 1st play), Foster 2 TD's (80 yds on 2nd play), Johnson 40 yd TD pass and broke 3 tackles.
That is encouraging. Is that their only scrimmage, or is there another?
Old 08-14-18, 09:48 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
Ellet 6:00 at Manchester THURSDAY. They had a passing scrimmage with them a few weeks ago and did well.
Old 08-15-18, 07:02 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Once again, wrong. Johnson DID NOT leave for more playing time! I know the family and there were issues not associated with that. He was penciled in as a starter at DB, but had to have shoulder surgery his Sophomore year. As far as ALL-Pac? Anyone who knows France and his staff knows why certain players are picked by them form post season awards. They had the leading tackler and he didn't make ALL-Pac! Please check your facts before you post "fake news".
Johnson is a heckuva an athlete, and from what I heard, a highly respected teammate. I was sorry to see him leave STVM. He wasn't going to at reps at RB. But I am sure he would have been a starting DB for the Irish, and IMO he would have been a tremendous slot receiver, not to mention running the jet sweep out of that position. It seemed to be a win-win situation for him. I think he enjoyed his time STVM and was successful both on and off the field. But you can't argue with the success he has found at Manchester. Good for him and good luck to him this year and in the future.
Old 08-15-18, 07:33 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish60 View Post
Johnson is a heckuva an athlete, and from what I heard, a highly respected teammate. I was sorry to see him leave STVM. He wasn't going to at reps at RB. But I am sure he would have been a starting DB for the Irish, and IMO he would have been a tremendous slot receiver, not to mention running the jet sweep out of that position. It seemed to be a win-win situation for him. I think he enjoyed his time STVM and was successful both on and off the field. But you can't argue with the success he has found at Manchester. Good for him and good luck to him this year and in the future.
I will pass your thoughts on to his family. You are correct in your thoughts. He is at slot receiver this year. And has shown good hands and good YAC ability. FYI, he is being recruited for football and baseball.
Old 08-15-18, 08:21 AM
All Ohio

Old Wildcat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopCat View Post
I wouldn't read much into this scrimmage. I been friends with coach France for over 40 years and friends with the Wright family. Minerva is going through some very very hard times, they have lost 30 in a row and I expect that spiral to continue. Manchester will get a better scrimmage against Ellet. I see great things for the Panther this year. I think winning the PAC is pretty much a given. The playoffs I hope they make a nice run.
Old 08-15-18, 09:33 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
I wouldn't read much into this scrimmage. I been friends with coach France for over 40 years and friends with the Wright family. Minerva is going through some very very hard times, they have lost 30 in a row and I expect that spiral to continue. Manchester will get a better scrimmage against Ellet. I see great things for the Panther this year. I think winning the PAC is pretty much a given. The playoffs I hope they make a nice run.
You are correct. Minerva was not competitive at all. Ellet tied Benedictine 3-3. They appeared to be a little better than last year in our passing scrimmage. It will be a more competitive scrimmage for sure. Winning the PAC and a playoff run will depend on the QB play. The Panthers have 3 excellent skill players and that should help the QB.
Old 08-15-18, 03:50 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Wildcat View Post
If CVCA stays healthy they scare me week 10 (or 9 due to not having 10 games). They are going to be really good. The over under should be set at 300

Last edited by chinwhip; 08-16-18 at 01:28 PM. Reason: Misspelled
Old 08-16-18, 02:41 PM
All American

the123kidz is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chinwhip View Post
If CVCA stays healthy they scare me week 10 (or 9 due to not having 10 games). They are going to be really good. The over under should be set at 300
I think it's really cool that both CVCA and Manchester are both expecting big things if they stay healthy. I'm definitely taking the over when we play.
Old 08-16-18, 03:04 PM
All Region

Chin and 123, let's not get ahead of ourselves. We will know more about the Panthers after tonight's scrimmage. Then we'll worry about Chippewa first. A lot of things can happen the first 9 weeks. If the QB is a flop, all the skill in the world will be stymied.
Old 08-16-18, 07:31 PM
All Region

Beat Ellet 14-7. QB play not good. 2 picks and missed wide open receivers Wright twice and Johnson 3 times. He did throw a TD to Wright late in the half. Wright had a TD on 1st play also. Hettich not back yet from broken hand. Johnson had a 25 yard run, the only touch he had. Foster did well. Too much talent to be handcuffed by lackluster QB play.
Old 08-16-18, 09:52 PM
Junior Varsity

BeachBison is on a distinguished road
Hettich Out 3-4 weeks. Maybe back for IV, which would be huge if so. Getting Hettich back for IV and being home vs them this year will be a major boost.
Old 08-17-18, 07:19 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeachBison View Post
Hettich Out 3-4 weeks. Maybe back for IV, which would be huge if so. Getting Hettich back for IV and being home vs them this year will be a major boost.
He will be back Wednesday and ready for the Chipps. Could have participated yesterday with a pad on his cast, but the staff made the correct call by sitting him. He will be ready.
Old 08-25-18, 02:06 PM
All Region

Quote:
Beat Ellet 14-7. QB play not good. 2 picks and missed wide open receivers Wright twice and Johnson 3 times. He did throw a TD to Wright late in the half. Wright had a TD on 1st play also. Hettich not back yet from broken hand. Johnson had a 25 yard run, the only touch he had. Foster did well. Too much talent to be handcuffed by lackluster QB play.
Bad QB play hurt them vs. Chippewa. 0-4, 1 pick. Though pass in end zone to Johnson was close. Film will show if he had foot down. From my perspective, in end zone, he did. After pick, not one pass attempted. Manchester just had more athletic players. Foster could be out for a while.
Old 08-25-18, 03:02 PM
All American

Quote:
Bad QB play hurt them vs. Chippewa. 0-4, 1 pick. Though pass in end zone to Johnson was close. Film will show if he had foot down. From my perspective, in end zone, he did. After pick, not one pass attempted. Manchester just had more athletic players. Foster could be out for a while.
That stinks, he is a really hard nosed player. Hopefully he gets back sooner.
Old 08-26-18, 09:17 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by the123kidz View Post
That stinks, he is a really hard nosed player. Hopefully he gets back sooner.
Heard last night that he could be back this week. Other injuries seem to be ok with the Panthers.
Old 08-28-18, 08:40 AM
All Region

This week will be a war vs IVHS. Panthers are hurting a bit with injuries. Still no word on Foster. Rumor he will back Wed. O Line looked a little suspect at times. Passing attack is non-existent. After Mayer's Interception, they didn't throw again. He overthrew Johnson in end zone and high to Pajlich. Only decent pass was from Wright to Johnson in end zone. Film shows it was a catch, but ref from far sideline ruled it out of bounds. A coach from Chippewa agreed it was a catch. They must be able to limit the big plays and use all their skilled people.
Old 08-28-18, 09:25 AM
All American

Quote:
This week will be a war vs IVHS. Panthers are hurting a bit with injuries. Still no word on Foster. Rumor he will back Wed. O Line looked a little suspect at times. Passing attack is non-existent. After Mayer's Interception, they didn't throw again. He overthrew Johnson in end zone and high to Pajlich. Only decent pass was from Wright to Johnson in end zone. Film shows it was a catch, but ref from far sideline ruled it out of bounds. A coach from Chippewa agreed it was a catch. They must be able to limit the big plays and use all their skilled people.
IV is the real deal, Manchester will need to play flawlessly to stay in this game.
Old 08-28-18, 12:31 PM
All Region

Quote:
IV is the real deal, Manchester will need to play flawlessly to stay in this game.
They are banged up right now. Players get hurt, they take them out for a play and put them back in with a 3+ TD lead. Depth is an issue. If they can't pass, they won't be able to stay with IVHS. I look for a high scoring game with both in the mid to high 20s. First one to 30 wins. LOL.
Old 08-29-18, 03:15 PM
All Region

Everyone seems to think IVHS is going to roll over The Panthers. If OC can figure out how to get Wright some help with the passing game, it'll be a little easier to pull the upset. Still no official word on Foster. Johnson only threat in passing game. He also can help on the ground, if they give it to him other than counters. Soles is capable as a WR, if they can get him the ball. Freshman RB Johnston is no threat filling in for Foster at FB. The DC has some serious flaws in his schematics. IVHS QB will have a field day if the DC doesn't change up his calls and looks. Special teams have to get good field position. Johnson and Wright can go to the house on KO's. Punt returns are weak because of failed strategy of hoping the opponent will kick it to Wright. Other than that, it'll be an interesting game of chess.
Old 08-29-18, 04:45 PM
All American

I believe Manchester will keep it close for the first half. Wright will get his 3 touchdowns and 150-200 yards. He just has no help this week. Johnson is good but they have to have a QB who can get it to him. Once he has it, he can make plays. Foster was such a good piece because you had to account for him or he would bust one. If IV stacks the box and Manchester can't throw it this will get ugly late. Those coaches at IV will run it up on Manchester if they can. Those guys have long memories and remember when they got big numbers hung on them by Manchester 7-8 years ago when they would leave the starters in during blow outs.
Old 08-29-18, 05:36 PM
All Region

Quote:
I believe Manchester will keep it close for the first half. Wright will get his 3 touchdowns and 150-200 yards. He just has no help this week. Johnson is good but they have to have a QB who can get it to him. Once he has it, he can make plays. Foster was such a good piece because you had to account for him or he would bust one. If IV stacks the box and Manchester can't throw it this will get ugly late. Those coaches at IV will run it up on Manchester if they can. Those guys have long memories and remember when they got big numbers hung on them by Manchester 7-8 years ago when they would leave the starters in during blow outs.
Yea, revenge can be a dominating factor. France still leaves his starters in with a big lead, even if they're banged up. Foster was supposed to be back today, but who knows how he'll be in game conditions. The OC must find a way to use the other skilled players, even if it means putting the Junior at QB or Wright there.
Old 08-29-18, 06:06 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Yea, revenge can be a dominating factor. France still leaves his starters in with a big lead, even if they're banged up. Foster was supposed to be back today, but who knows how he'll be in game conditions. The OC must find a way to use the other skilled players, even if it means putting the Junior at QB or Wright there.
I知 new in the football thread and I love it here!! Parents will whine and complain when France leaves kids in too long and then they値l tear him apart for not piling on points. If you want to be a one or 2 seed let the coach pour it on. Injuries are going to happen and when your a tiny school those injuries are going to hurt. Nothing we can do about it. Let the winningest coach in Ohio history make the calls and support his decisions.
Old 08-29-18, 07:01 PM
All Ohio

Nino Brown is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I知 new in the football thread and I love it here!! Parents will whine and complain when France leaves kids in too long and then they値l tear him apart for not piling on points. If you want to be a one or 2 seed let the coach pour it on. Injuries are going to happen and when your a tiny school those injuries are going to hurt. Nothing we can do about it. Let the winningest coach in Ohio history make the calls and support his decisions.
I get what your saying. But let痴 be honest, Manchester plays in the PAC. Zero defense. It is almost like flag football. He is a great coach but let痴 not get carried away here.
Old 08-29-18, 07:02 PM
All Region

Quote:
Chin, You don't get a #1 or #2 seed based on the amount of points you score. It's based on wins. Whether you win 3-2 or 30-0, you get the same amount of computer points. Your point about tiny schools having injuries backs up the thought of substituting to keep your starters healthy.
Old 09-01-18, 07:17 AM
All Region

If the staff doesn't resolve the issues with this team, it could be a long year. QB is main problem. Overthrew Wright and Johnson multiple times. Some short passes not even close. Trying Wright passing was like watching duck season. O line is not aggressive and not experienced. Coaching is suspect. This could turn ugly quickly if they don't resolve issues. Gotta wonder if the Coordinators have a plan.
Old 09-04-18, 03:57 PM
All Region

Rumor has it that MHS is traveling to PA. to play Saturday.