Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 06-06-18, 01:52 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 50,117
Yappi will become famous soon enough
Division I Poll (2018 Way Too Early)


1 St. Ignatius (Cleveland) (203) [5]
2 Pickerington Central (Pickerington) (179) [6]
3 St. Xavier (Cincinnati) (173) [2]
4 St. Edward (Lakewood) (156) [1]
5 Colerain (Cincinnati) (139) [2]
6 Archbishop Moeller (Cincinnati) (129) [5]
7 Mentor (Mentor) (97) [1]
8 Pickerington North (Pickerington) (69) [2]
9 Elder (Cincinnati) (59)
10 Wayne (Huber Heights) (49) [1]


Others - Olentangy Liberty (Powell), Centerville (Centerville), Whitmer (Toledo), Olentangy Orange (Lewis Center), Solon (Solon)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 06-07-18, 04:20 PM
270SC 270SC is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 03-19-18
Posts: 23
270SC is on a distinguished road
Looks solid, however, think if Toledo Whitmer was in any division in the OCC they wouldn’t make playoffs. Toledo football these days is So Cal Wuss Ball. Sorry, but true.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-07-18, 04:33 PM
irish_buffalo irish_buffalo is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 12-06-09
Posts: 3,937
irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by 270SC View Post
Looks solid, however, think if Toledo Whitmer was in any division in the OCC they wouldn’t make playoffs. Toledo football these days is So Cal Wuss Ball. Sorry, but true.
How many games have you seen? Time will tell, and Liberty has had their number but we will see...
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 06-07-18, 05:17 PM
tom 48 tom 48 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 10-12-06
Posts: 4,318
tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post

1 St. Ignatius (Cleveland) (203) [5]
2 Pickerington Central (Pickerington) (179) [6]
3 St. Xavier (Cincinnati) (173) [2]
4 St. Edward (Lakewood) (156) [1]
5 Colerain (Cincinnati) (139) [2]
6 Archbishop Moeller (Cincinnati) (129) [5]
7 Mentor (Mentor) (97) [1]
8 Pickerington North (Pickerington) (69) [2]
9 Elder (Cincinnati) (59)
10 Wayne (Huber Heights) (49) [1]


Others - Olentangy Liberty (Powell), Centerville (Centerville), Whitmer (Toledo), Olentangy Orange (Lewis Center), Solon (Solon)
Ignatius has to replace both lines and two linebackers, in addition to the quarterback. No reason to be so high. St. Edward, however...........
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 06-13-18, 03:03 PM
CardinalsFan's Avatar
CardinalsFan CardinalsFan is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-15-01
Location: 8801 Cheviot Road
Posts: 10,325
CardinalsFan is on a distinguished road
How are the Pickerington Crenshaw Tigers NOT the overwhelming favorite to repeat?

-CardinalsFan
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 06-13-18, 07:27 PM
Picktowncentral Picktowncentral is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 11-11-09
Posts: 386
Picktowncentral is on a distinguished road
LOL! The QB is back along as well as a lot of the d-line, but the o-line, TE’s, and most of the LB’s graduated. When you’re missing the D1 defensive player of the year as well as multiple players going to division 1 schools, there is bound to be a drop off. Hopefully the next man up mantra stays true in Picktown!

Go Tigers!
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 06-14-18, 06:20 PM
sscje sscje is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 83
sscje is on a distinguished road
1) Iggy
2) Pickerington North
3) St X
4) St Edward
5) Elder
6) Mentor
7) Moller
8) Whitmer
9) Wayne
10) Orange
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 06-14-18, 06:24 PM
sscje sscje is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 83
sscje is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CardinalsFan View Post
How are the Pickerington Crenshaw Tigers NOT the overwhelming favorite to repeat?

-CardinalsFan
Great coaches and fantastic running QB

-lost all 5 starting O-Linemen
- lost all 4 starting secondary
- lost both starting TE's
-lost leading tackler LB
-lost K and Punter

Even with their heavy recruiting, this is a rebuilding year for the Tigers on the State level
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 06-15-18, 09:28 AM
gowitt10 gowitt10 is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 08-01-17
Posts: 17
gowitt10 is on a distinguished road
Orange at #10??? They will be lucky to finish 3rd in their conference...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 06-15-18, 12:18 PM
OneTiger OneTiger is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-28-09
Posts: 959
OneTiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscje View Post
Great coaches and fantastic running QB

-lost all 5 starting O-Linemen
- lost all 4 starting secondary
- lost both starting TE's
-lost leading tackler LB
-lost K and Punter

Even with their heavy recruiting, this is a rebuilding year for the Tigers on the State level
Many starters were lost, however anyone who follows PC football knows they constantly rotate players on the field. Some are absolutely steadfast but some under classmen have some big game experience. I'm pretty sure we can field a team. I just hope we have a chance against PN with all their new transfers.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 06-15-18, 08:07 PM
SuperD1 SuperD1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Posts: 1,502
SuperD1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscje View Post
1) Iggy
2) Pickerington North
3) St X
4) St Edward
5) Elder
6) Mentor
7) Moller
8) Whitmer
9) Wayne
10) Orange


1. LOL
2. Who is Moller?
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 06-15-18, 08:09 PM
SuperD1 SuperD1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 11-04-12
Posts: 1,502
SuperD1 is on a distinguished road
1. St Edward
2. St Xavier
3. Pickerington Central
4. Elder
5. Mentor
6. St Ignatius
7. Colerain
8. Moeller
9. Toledo Whitmer
10. Huber Heights Wayne
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 06-17-18, 07:26 PM
Killer Nut Killer Nut is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 09-18-16
Posts: 29
Killer Nut is on a distinguished road
Pick Central calling out Pick North about transfers is like the pot calling the kettle black. They are 2 of the most corrupt teams in the state.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 06-18-18, 09:30 PM
HardCorps HardCorps is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 02-22-17
Posts: 200
HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD1 View Post
1. LOL
2. Who is Moller?
Lol bwahaha

I think that they are reinstating the program, after a one year hiatus.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 06-19-18, 06:20 AM
1disciple 1disciple is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-29-08
Posts: 4,927
1disciple is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 270SC View Post
Looks solid, however, think if Toledo Whitmer was in any division in the OCC they wouldn’t make playoffs. Toledo football these days is So Cal Wuss Ball. Sorry, but true.
You are aware that Toledo only has 2 D1 schools? So I guess you've watched a lot of games to come up with this brilliant response.

Last edited by 1disciple; 06-19-18 at 11:57 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 06-19-18, 08:05 AM
scbuckeye99 scbuckeye99 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 05-24-15
Posts: 293
scbuckeye99 is on a distinguished road
Toledo Start is D1
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 06-19-18, 10:15 AM
OneTiger OneTiger is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-28-09
Posts: 959
OneTiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Nut View Post
Pick Central calling out Pick North about transfers is like the pot calling the kettle black. They are 2 of the most corrupt teams in the state.
Why don't you just stand up and tell the class what team you support instead of constantly whining about Pickerington. That three state championship thing this past year must have you border line depressive. There are transfers at EVERY school including the one you support.
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 06-19-18, 11:44 AM
Metacomet's Avatar
Metacomet Metacomet is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-10-04
Location: kent
Posts: 7,853
Metacomet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTiger View Post
Why don't you just stand up and tell the class what team you support instead of constantly whining about Pickerington. That three state championship thing this past year must have you border line depressive. There are transfers at EVERY school including the one you support.
No there are not.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 06-19-18, 12:21 PM
1disciple 1disciple is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-29-08
Posts: 4,927
1disciple is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by scbuckeye99 View Post
Toledo Start is D1
My mistake 2 D1 schools.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 06-19-18, 12:40 PM
OneTiger OneTiger is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-28-09
Posts: 959
OneTiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metacomet View Post
No there are not.
Don't be a sore loser MC. Pick.Central whipped Mentor fair and square.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 06-19-18, 12:49 PM
bkmk1 bkmk1 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 02-22-16
Location: Erie,PA
Posts: 575
bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD1 View Post
1. LOL
2. Who is Moller?
It's a bad tooth that needs pulled. Like some yappi posters that I've read their posts.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 06-19-18, 06:51 PM
Metacomet's Avatar
Metacomet Metacomet is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 12-10-04
Location: kent
Posts: 7,853
Metacomet is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTiger View Post
Don't be a sore loser MC. Pick.Central whipped Mentor fair and square.
I'm from Solon, Professor.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 06-19-18, 07:32 PM
Pope Francis 1 Pope Francis 1 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 01-30-16
Location: Vatican City
Posts: 1,863
Pope Francis 1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killer Nut View Post
Pick Central calling out Pick North about transfers is like the pot calling the kettle black. They are 2 of the most corrupt teams in the state.
The "Nose Pickers" (both North & Central) have given the folks up in Central Ohio something to be proud of. And they're hardly the only teams with transfers. That book was first written 40 years ago in Southwest Ohio.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 06-19-18, 08:24 PM
OneTiger OneTiger is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-28-09
Posts: 959
OneTiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pope Francis 1 View Post
The "Nose Pickers" (both North & Central) have given the folks up in Central Ohio something to be proud of. And they're hardly the only teams with transfers. That book was first written 40 years ago in Southwest Ohio.
Exactly Pope, My older son's team was one of the smallest D1 schools in the play-offs and was beaten by a giant Catholic school with kids from 3 counties on the team. They did nothing illegal. They won, we lost. End of story. Some folks have to whine to justify their team's defeat.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 06-21-18, 07:59 AM
gocards's Avatar
gocards gocards is offline
This is the year
 
Join Date: 08-31-03
Location: Support the NW Schools
Posts: 15,563
gocards is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sscje View Post
Great coaches and fantastic running QB

-lost all 5 starting O-Linemen
- lost all 4 starting secondary
- lost both starting TE's
-lost leading tackler LB
-lost K and Punter

Even with their heavy recruiting, this is a rebuilding year for the Tigers on the State level

The returning QB will make them the favorite. I don't think anybody will contain their offense.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 06-21-18, 08:13 AM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 3,115
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
That's a bit too simple. Yes they did well last year in their game against your team and scored 50 in the final { Colerain fan ???} , and they will be strong as usual but they didn't score 50 on everyone LAST YEAR and they lose their entire O-Line this year . Favorites? I think even the most ardent PC fans aren't saying that .


Lost a very good Sr. group overall, plenty of talent as usual and a terrific beast at QB to be sure, but not the favorites to repeat certainly .
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 06-21-18, 02:33 PM
OneTiger OneTiger is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 11-28-09
Posts: 959
OneTiger is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrycrane View Post
That's a bit too simple. Yes they did well last year in their game against your team and scored 50 in the final { Colerain fan ???} , and they will be strong as usual but they didn't score 50 on everyone LAST YEAR and they lose their entire O-Line this year . Favorites? I think even the most ardent PC fans aren't saying that .


Lost a very good Sr. group overall, plenty of talent as usual and a terrific beast at QB to be sure, but not the favorites to repeat certainly .
True that, I agree. One thing that seems to be a constant for D1 teams that go far in the play-offs is they are senior heavy. PC will not be senior heavy this year which means the future looks bright. I'm sure they will be competitive and I have a feeling focus will be on "D" this year like the teams of 2008-12.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 06-21-18, 03:35 PM
Harrycrane Harrycrane is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 07-27-16
Posts: 3,115
Harrycrane is an unknown quantity at this point
Definitely a contender just not the favorite this year . Lots of material to work with in all classes , incredible playmaker at QB as we all know, really hard working kids with a deep sense of the tradition that has been completely reinforced with this state title.


Great program that is a re-load type and I see them being a tough out as always but probably not the favorite to get the crown . Ton of respect for what they do over there.
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 06-26-18, 01:31 PM
sscje sscje is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 83
sscje is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperD1 View Post
1. LOL
2. Who is Moller?
Moeller

Potatoe/
Potato
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 06-26-18, 01:34 PM
sscje sscje is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 83
sscje is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by gocards View Post
The returning QB will make them the favorite. I don't think anybody will contain their offense.
No question he is the reel deal. I imagine teams will stack 8 in the box this year and hit him on every single play.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2018 Division V Poll Voting Discussion (WTE) Yappi Football 2 05-30-18 12:56 PM
2018 Way Too Early Football Poll Voting Yappi Football 0 05-23-18 03:28 PM
Personal Responsibility 14Red General Board 117 03-21-18 04:03 PM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM
D VII State Semifinal: St. Paul (13-0) vs Minster (9-4) EagleFan Football 130 11-27-17 08:26 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 AM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz