Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-06-18, 02:23 PM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
2018 Playoffs

First, it's confirmed the games are back in Canton... Just to end that speculation. Hopefully parking is addressed.

And secondly, they've gone back to Saturday playoff games after the one year trial.

The only odd thing is it was stated all playoff games will start at 7pm. On a Friday that can be tough for some of the later rounds with longer travel compared to the old 730pm start times on Friday.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-18, 06:43 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
The OSHAA did something... good?
Old 06-08-18, 09:25 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spread All Day View Post
The OSHAA did something... good?
Amazing.

But they couldn't just reverse course. They had to make Friday games start at 7pm instead. I still haven't found where they've given then reason for moving Friday games up a half hour.
Old 06-13-18, 01:09 PM
All American

CincyHSFootballFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
Amazing.

But they couldn't just reverse course. They had to make Friday games start at 7pm instead. I still haven't found where they've given then reason for moving Friday games up a half hour.
I am sure it was general request by the schools. Most leagues in SW Ohio now have mandated 7:00 pm start times on Friday nights, as the traveling team and band can get back to their school a half hour earlier. Its all about trying to get the students home earlier.
Old 06-13-18, 02:10 PM
All American

America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by CincyHSFootballFan View Post
I am sure it was general request by the schools. Most leagues in SW Ohio now have mandated 7:00 pm start times on Friday nights, as the traveling team and band can get back to their school a half hour earlier. Its all about trying to get the students home earlier.
True. I personally don't have a problem with it. You do have those possibilities where two teams in the same region are almost 2 hours away from each other. The actual match ups don't typically happen but just stating it could happen.
Old 06-14-18, 02:19 PM
All Ohio

falcons53 is on a distinguished road
In the 80's, The SVC had a 7:45pm start time and games rarely ended after 10pm due to every team running the ball 90% of the time. I can remember receiving the opening kickoff, driving down and scoring a TD. Look up at the clock and there was less than a minute left in the 1st quarter.

Conversely, I attended games last year with 7pm kick-off that ended at almost 10:30pm. I am sure some of you have seen even later ending games. I think the thought is let's get kids out of school early and bus to a game rather than load a bus at almost midnight and drive home. Also think about fans traveling home late.
Old 06-14-18, 09:01 PM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
Love having games Friday and Saturday, a lot more people at the games from schools who play on the other night
Old 06-15-18, 07:17 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotyk View Post
Amazing.

because they can
Old 06-15-18, 10:06 AM
All Ohio

bkmk1 is on a distinguished road
I like having the Friday and Saturday also. But because I spend most of my time coming to Ohio for D1 and D2 games, I was hoping D1 would be Friday and D2 would be Saturday. So now I still have to choose weeks 11 thru week 14 between a D1 or D2 game to go to. I would rather be able to see both. Also I know most people do not like the 7:00 start, it is nice for me because coming from 2 hours away, I get home that extra half hour early. But I know I'm in the minority regarding the 7:00 start time.
Old 06-15-18, 09:04 PM
All World

serpico is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bkmk1 View Post
But I know I'm in the minority regarding the 7:00 start time.
I dunno, EagleFan says the vast majority like the early start.
Old 06-15-18, 11:38 PM
All World

If you're a home fan watching a home game, 7pm is probably great. But, if you're in the playoffs and the two teams are both 60-70 miles from the neutral venue for a playoff game... 7pm isn't quite beneficial. At some point, as more travel is needed for games, just a little more time to actually get there might make the difference in a fan deciding to attend or not. Getting home late is already a given in those situations.
Old 06-16-18, 02:27 AM
All American

Buckeye Elite is on a distinguished road
I wish the regular season games started all at 730, especially early in the year when you have 10
Kids cramping up, and dealing with the sun and heat for the first half at least