Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Football (NFL)

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-11-18, 08:51 AM
All Yappi

Raymo is on a distinguished road
He's getting what he wants,ATTENTION,poor TO...BAM!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-18, 02:00 PM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
I find it very ironic that Owens' behavior as he heads into the Pro Football Hall of Fame is the exact reason why he was left out in first place when he became eligible.

He was petty, immature, self-centered and beyond egocentric when he was a player and his announcement that he won't attend the induction ceremony shows that nothing in his toxic personality has changed in retirement.

The only one who loses is him.
Old 06-13-18, 04:43 PM
All Yappi

Southwest Guy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesports View Post
I’m kinda lost ... is this about TO? ... was he banned for trolling?
Well played. A T.O. topic turns into a Yappi bashing thread.
Old 06-13-18, 05:26 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
I find it very ironic that Owens' behavior as he heads into the Pro Football Hall of Fame is the exact reason why he was left out in first place when he became eligible.

He was petty, immature, self-centered and beyond egocentric when he was a player and his announcement that he won't attend the induction ceremony shows that nothing in his toxic personality has changed in retirement.

The only one who loses is him.
well said

He's still irrelevant, but he's at least topical in a d-bag kind of way. That's important to him.

That dumb woman that now gets so much mic time on ESPN radio called him, "....the second best wide receiver in NFL history behind Jerry Rice...", and a more qualified co-host immediately said, "Randy Moss is on line 2 for you.". Her rebuttal was, "Well, TO is a great follow! I've been following him for years."

Should have just listened to the commercials on the other station.......
Old 06-14-18, 02:54 PM
All Yappi

bedevil is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
well said

He's still irrelevant, but he's at least topical in a d-bag kind of way. That's important to him.

That dumb woman that now gets so much mic time on ESPN radio called him, "....the second best wide receiver in NFL history behind Jerry Rice...", and a more qualified co-host immediately said, "Randy Moss is on line 2 for you.". Her rebuttal was, "Well, TO is a great follow! I've been following him for years."
Should have just listened to the commercials on the other station.......
And there you have a snapshot into the current state of sportstalk radio. It's not about the listener, but about who is listening to them. Now, they announce their names followed by their Twitter handle. God, it's hilarious. And, for the moron who thinks he's #2 all-time? In her time. That is, after all, the only thing that matters.
Old 06-14-18, 06:36 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Here's the model for TO's HOF bust-

Old 06-14-18, 07:21 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedevil View Post
And there you have a snapshot into the current state of sportstalk radio. It's not about the listener, but about who is listening to them. Now, they announce their names followed by their Twitter handle. God, it's hilarious. And, for the moron who thinks he's #2 all-time? In her time. That is, after all, the only thing that matters.
How come the NBA logo isn't jumpman ?

Jeff Phelps and Andy Baskin.
Old 06-14-18, 07:23 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Here's the model for TO's HOF bust-

Who is he ? Kind of a sissy first name.......just sayin'....
Old 06-15-18, 08:39 AM
All Yappi

MontetheCarlo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cabezadecaballo View Post
Who is he ? Kind of a sissy first name.......just sayin'....
Gary Busey.
Old 06-15-18, 09:24 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MontetheCarlo View Post
Gary Busey.
lol
Old 06-16-18, 07:27 AM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
T.O. getting snubbed on the First Ballot was horsecrap. He deserved to be in on pure statistics alone. While T.O. was definitely a primadonna in his playing days, there is no character clause for Canton.

The fact that voters snubbed him the first time around on the basis of “character” (whether expressed as such, or general underlying gripe toward T.O. related to his behavior) is crap. Ray Lewis, who notably stabbed two people to death, will be inducted in this class on the first try. Marvin Harrison was inducted despite the fact he was complicit in a homicide. Michael Irvin stabbed his teammate in the neck and has had numerous sexual assault allegations against him; he still got in.

Good for T.O. I particularly laud this choice simply because Ray Lewis being inducted on the first try just proves the absurdity of T.O. being snubbed last year (as well as the absurdity of the reason for his snubbing.)
Old 06-16-18, 09:51 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dock View Post
T.O. getting snubbed on the First Ballot was horsecrap. He deserved to be in on pure statistics alone. While T.O. was definitely a primadonna in his playing days, there is no character clause for Canton.

The fact that voters snubbed him the first time around on the basis of “character” (whether expressed as such, or general underlying gripe toward T.O. related to his behavior) is crap. Ray Lewis, who notably stabbed two people to death, will be inducted in this class on the first try. Marvin Harrison was inducted despite the fact he was complicit in a homicide. Michael Irvin stabbed his teammate in the neck and has had numerous sexual assault allegations against him; he still got in.

Good for T.O. I particularly laud this choice simply because Ray Lewis being inducted on the first try just proves the absurdity of T.O. being snubbed last year (as well as the absurdity of the reason for his snubbing.)
One huge point seems to have sailed right over your head, unnoticed.

While all that you mention were extreme a-holes AT TIMES, they all were able to know their place and fit in enough to stay with the same team and compile awesome stats.

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...L/LewiRa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...H/HarrMa00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...I/IrviMi00.htm

https://www.pro-football-reference.c...O/OwenTe00.htm

T.O. was a very talented misfit 5-team a-hole that was capable of being the worst teammate possible for no reason other than self-aggrandizement.

F__ him. He should've have had to wait. Message: sent.
Old 06-16-18, 03:02 PM
All World

joesports is on a distinguished road
Quote:

You just might to want to know the facts about Ray Lewis situation before you use it as your example.
Old 06-16-18, 09:39 PM
All American

The Dock is on a distinguished road
Quote:
You just might to want to know the facts about Ray Lewis situation before you use it as your example.
Ray Lewis plead guilty to making false statements on the night of the double homicide to Atlanta police. When fed into a “squeal or suffer” situation regarding testimony against the other two involved individuals, Lewis gave the other two up to save himself.

And, before anything else... Lewis couldn’t produce the suit he was witnessed wearing the night of murders!
Old 06-17-18, 01:31 PM
All World

Quote:
Ray Lewis plead guilty to making false statements on the night of the double homicide to Atlanta police. When fed into a “squeal or suffer” situation regarding testimony against the other two involved individuals, Lewis gave the other two up to save himself.

And, before anything else... Lewis couldn’t produce the suit he was witnessed wearing the night of murders!
Read and learn .... https://www.quora.com/What-happened-...-for-Ray-Lewis

He did not “notably stab two people to death”
Old 06-25-18, 07:01 AM
All Yappi

Just add TO to the several misfits that are in the HOF,really aren't that many.
Old 07-02-18, 06:40 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Read and learn .... https://www.quora.com/What-happened-...-for-Ray-Lewis

He did not “notably stab two people to death”
OJ didn't do it either.
Old 07-04-18, 02:10 AM
All American

brianwr112 is on a distinguished road
I actually don't mind TO going to UT Chattanooga to give his speech. Sure I still think he should go to the HOF but at least he's going where things really started for him. By all accounts this is where his football career took off. Going in he was mainly known as a basketball player and ran track.
Old 07-04-18, 06:47 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
OJ didn't do it either.
Totally different ... but nice try.
Old 07-04-18, 06:55 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by brianwr112 View Post
I actually don't mind TO going to UT Chattanooga to give his speech. Sure I still think he should go to the HOF but at least he's going where things really started for him. By all accounts this is where his football career took off. Going in he was mainly known as a basketball player and ran track.
It is his choice ... but I wish no media outlets would cover it (I know they will) ... and I will change the channel when any channel I am watching shows him ... may sound petty, I am ... if he wants the attention ... go to the ceremony!!!!!
Old 07-06-18, 12:28 AM
All American

Quote:
It is his choice ... but I wish no media outlets would cover it (I know they will) ... and I will change the channel when any channel I am watching shows him ... may sound petty, I am ... if he wants the attention ... go to the ceremony!!!!!
It looks as if he may do his actual Live speech before the HOF ceremonies start. If that's the case, and he doesn't use his platform to interrupt the other inductions, I have no problem with it. It be up to the HOF if they air his speech during the ceremony.

I still wish he'd just go and celebrate with the rest of the class and the fans...

The HOF/NFL love this because it's drawing daily coverage of the event.
Old 07-21-18, 10:44 PM
All Ohio

SLAGuy is on a distinguished road
I believe they are just going to ignore him. He will still get his bust in the HOF but the ceremony will be TO free. Not a bad thing if you ask me.
Old 07-23-18, 09:33 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAGuy View Post
I believe they are just going to ignore him. He will still get his bust in the HOF but the ceremony will be TO free. Not a bad thing if you ask me.
Agree, now hopefully the media follows suit and doesn't spend their time asking each new member about TO.
Old 08-01-18, 06:39 AM
All Yappi

Nope,getting a lot of attention just like he wants and BIG Baker is helping.
Old 08-01-18, 07:49 AM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
They're going to do something at the ceremony for him, but they haven't said what exactly they plan. For the event, I'm not sure that's a good idea. Setting the precedent that an inductee can have their own event simultaneous with the HOF's seems like a really quick way to see the induction ceremony ruined. It's Canton, not NYC or LA or Miami. Many of the inductees would rather be someplace else - many of them don't even return for future ceremonies or if they do, they only do so after a lot of persuading.

Last edited by Crusaders; 08-01-18 at 08:08 AM..
Old 08-01-18, 08:29 AM
All World

Neopolitan is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
It's Canton, not NYC or LA or Miami.
Until the HOF village is built that is!
Old 08-01-18, 08:30 AM
All Yappi

Of course!
Old 08-01-18, 10:15 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusaders View Post
They're going to do something at the ceremony for him, but they haven't said what exactly they plan. For the event, I'm not sure that's a good idea. Setting the precedent that an inductee can have their own event simultaneous with the HOF's seems like a really quick way to see the induction ceremony ruined. It's Canton, not NYC or LA or Miami. Many of the inductees would rather be someplace else - many of them don't even return for future ceremonies or if they do, they only do so after a lot of persuading.
Sounds like a meaningful event.
Old 08-01-18, 12:48 PM
All Yappi

ronnie mund can only hope to improve
The only thing that's been holding me back from visiting the HOF is the lack of a Disney World-like atmosphere. If they get this right they can expect annual visits from me.
Old 08-01-18, 12:58 PM
All Yappi

It's coming! Get your tickets now!