Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 05-22-18, 07:49 PM
All World

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by INDIANS_RULE View Post
Got out and walked 9 tonight and shot a 44. Missed a few putts that I just flat misread and always have that one hole that I end up taking a triple on.
What could have been. Still, nice.
Old 06-04-18, 06:59 AM
All Yappi

PantherVOR is on a distinguished road
I played Miami Whitewater this weekend and noticed they had bikes you could rent instead of a cart to get around the course. It has a saddle in the back that holds 8-10 clubs. I was in a hurry so I didn't have time to look closer to see if it had a place to hold extra balls, tees etc... Has anybody seen this anywhere else? Used them? I like the idea, I think it was around $6 - $7 to rent for 9 holes. Here is what they look like:

Old 06-08-18, 04:02 PM
All Yappi

111411 is on a distinguished road
Now that school has been out, I've been playing a lot more golf. I play at my home course, Sleepy Hollow, in Alliance.

We played Edgewater, in Minerva, a few weeks ago. It's a nice course, nothing spectacular, but challenging.

On Wednesday I played Raintree, in Green, with one son. Raintree was in pretty good shape.

On Monday, my son and I will be playing The Quarry, in Canton. We are still hoping that Myron will be able to make it. The Quarry is quite a challenge and make sure that you have some extra time carved out of your day.
Old 06-11-18, 11:58 AM
All Yappi

We were first off the tee at The Quarry this morning. It was cart path only, so we got in our exercise. The course was pretty wet, but otherwise in good shape.

My son shot a 41/50, with pars on 4-8 and a birdie on 9, missing a hole in one by a foot.

I went 43-42.
Old 06-12-18, 12:35 PM
All American

Myron is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 111411 View Post
We were first off the tee at The Quarry this morning. It was cart path only, so we got in our exercise. The course was pretty wet, but otherwise in good shape.

My son shot a 41/50, with pars on 4-8 and a birdie on 9, missing a hole in one by a foot.

I went 43-42.
Cart path only can be rough on that course. I hope you didnít hook it on that #15 (and, knowing your game, Iím sure you didnít, ha!).

Great courseómaybe my favorite in Ohio
Old 06-12-18, 01:52 PM
All American

4cards will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myron View Post
Cart path only can be rough on that course. I hope you didnít hook it on that #15 (and, knowing your game, Iím sure you didnít, ha!).

...You're right Myron, I could bet yours and my life savings against him hooking the ball and our money would be safe as Ft. Knox!
Old 06-12-18, 02:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

You're right, no hook on 15, but I actually got a par on The Rock hole.

I played well on The Sanctuary today, after starting off with a double. Chipping in for a birdie on the next hole helped. A 38 on the front, followed by a more realistic 45 on the back. Trees ARE NOT my friends.
Old 06-12-18, 06:17 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Played awful in my league tonight. Opponents showed up late and we ended up behind a foursome whose lowest 9 hole individual handicap was....wait for it....18! Eff me. Started off pissed and went downhill with a snowman on the first hole. Ugh.
Old 06-13-18, 10:23 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
Played awful in my league tonight. Opponents showed up late and we ended up behind a foursome whose lowest 9 hole individual handicap was....wait for it....18! Eff me. Started off pissed and went downhill with a snowman on the first hole. Ugh.
9 hole handicap................18.......OUCH.
Old 06-13-18, 12:31 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
9 hole handicap................18.......OUCH.
...and he was the BEST PLAYER IN THE FOURSOME!!!
Old 06-15-18, 08:09 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
...and he was the BEST PLAYER IN THE FOURSOME!!!
We have a name for those golfers, schlumps.
Old 06-18-18, 08:24 PM
All American

Went to Deer Ridge in Bellville (near Mansfield) for the first time in several years. This is just off I-71 halfway between Columbus and Cleveland.

Never a lot of weekday play, and I often just play solo (since whenever I stop there I’m traveling between CLE and Columbus) which works great since every larger group I catch waves me through.

I’ve always scored better on the tighter front nine than the more open back none, and that was the case today. Had a great round going through 15, but stumbled home with two triples and a bogey, thanks to three penalties)

Greens are notoriously fast but seemed much more fair today.

The elevation changes are a great challenge and afford some excellent scenery and vistas.

Paid $18 through the Tee Time pass—an incredible deal for such a beautiful and challenging course. I highly recommend it to anyone who happens along I-71 with a few hours to spare!
Old 06-19-18, 04:09 PM
All Yappi

We played Reserve Run in Poland today.

I started off well enough, a 41 on the front. I should've quit before teeing off on 10. After fighting my driver and shanking several shots with my wedge , I came in with a 49. An embarrassing outing.

On another note, WHAT AN UNFRIENDLY FRONT DESK. The guy, the owner I assume, acted like we were a pain in the azz. When asked by a member of my group what the fee was, the owner replied, "Look up at the board, it's there.". Jackazz. It's not there first time there that we've run into unfriendly staff.

Weather permitting, one son and I will be playing Myron's favorite course, Shale Creek, in Medina.
Old 06-19-18, 06:40 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

I started off well enough, a 41 on the front. I should've quit before teeing off on 10. After fighting my driver and shanking several shots with my wedge , I came in with a 49. An embarrassing outing.

On another note, WHAT AN UNFRIENDLY FRONT DESK. The guy, the owner I assume, acted like we were a pain in the azz. When asked by a member of my group what the fee was, the owner replied, "Look up at the board, it's there.". Jackazz. It's not there first time there that we've run into unfriendly staff.

Weather permitting, one son and I will be playing Myron's favorite course, Shale Creek, in Medina.
With the competition for business out there, no course should run the risk of having a d!c&he@d at the desk.

Finally starting to play better. 40 at Windmill Saturday night and 39 in my league tonight (with a double and a missed 3 footer).
Old 06-20-18, 01:11 PM
All Yappi

Male 11's and I played Shale Creek today and escaped the pending storms. We ran into a bit of rain, but nothing that held up play.

11's shot a 44/43, while I shot a 44/45. I had a LOT of trouble with my woods and my irons off the tee on par 3's.

We teed off at 8:40 and were done before noon. There was a threesome directly ahead of us, but they moved quickly and we didn't have to wait much.

Back to Sleepy Hollow the rest of the week.
Old 07-01-18, 05:59 PM
All American

FairFieldGolf87
FINALLY played Shale Creek today and it was all I was told about...

Made a tee time at noon on a Sunday thinking at the very least Id be paired up with a twosome...showed up at 1130 and the gentleman in the pro shop could not have been nicer. His 1130 didn't show up so he said I could go off right away. He directed me to the first hole, gave me a couple bottles of water and I was on my way. Single at noon on a Sunday I didn't see a group until #9. It was WIDE open. Course was in great shape. Greens were rolling true. I will be back at Shale Creek in the near future. Great place.
Old 07-10-18, 07:08 PM
All Yappi

So get this classic Clarkie round in the league tonight. A triple bogey, two double bogeys and three, count 'em 3, birdies, for a 40. Eegads, I hate, I mean love, uhhhhh, this game.
Old 07-10-18, 08:15 PM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Only played nine today before I had to mow a couple of lawns. Double bogey on the first hole and finished +6.
Old 07-11-18, 08:17 AM
All American

Daddy is on a distinguished road
And that is about when I look at the board, say the price, and tell the person that there is one less fee of that amount that they would receive for the day as I walk out the door. Too many reasonably maintained courses with good rates online for me to spend money with people who don't value my patronage.

Quote:

Old 07-11-18, 01:52 PM
All American

Got out with Ones and Ones Junior for the first time this year, and my first ever trip to Fowler’s Mill, in Geauga County.

Quiet, pastoral setting. Course in good shape with some exceptions in the fairways where there’s some dry dirt, and was a nice $25 expenditure via the Tee Time Pass Book.

Front took a slow 2:15 to play, but then we passed the offending foursome and completed the Back in two hours even.

Tough rough bothered our group, and each of us had one blowup hole (Ones’ Utility Wedge, um, wound up in the doghouse the last several holes...), but all of us scored within about five shots of one another which makes for a good pairing, along with the great conversation and joking. I appreciated Ones and Junior for the invite to play!

I’m at Sweetbriar Legacy in Avon Lake tomorrow, and shooting for twice-a-week play now through Labor Day.
Old 07-11-18, 03:57 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Got out with Ones and Ones Junior for the first time this year, and my first ever trip to Fowlerís Mill, in Geauga County.

Quiet, pastoral setting. Course in good shape with some exceptions in the fairways where thereís some dry dirt, and was a nice $25 expenditure via the Tee Time Pass Book.

Front took a slow 2:15 to play, but then we passed the offending foursome and completed the Back in two hours even.

Tough rough bothered our group, and each of us had one blowup hole (Onesí Utility Wedge, um, wound up in the doghouse the last several holes...), but all of us scored within about five shots of one another which makes for a good pairing, along with the great conversation and joking. I appreciated Ones and Junior for the invite to play!

Iím at Sweetbriar Legacy in Avon Lake tomorrow, and shooting for twice-a-week play now through Labor Day.
Enjoyable outing with Myron and male 11's.

After the older gentlemen finally let us through on 10 (which Myron failed to mention that after one member hurried to tee off, I threw up my arms in disgust, maybe sending the message that we were pizzed) we played at a nice pace. The foursome of gentlemen seemed to struggle mightily and may have never heard of the term, "ready golf."

The rough was EASILY the toughest that I've faced all summer, and I've played several courses. BUT, it's my fault for NOT hitting fairways.

Back to Sleepy Hollow for the time being, with the possibility of meeting Myron somewhere in the Akron area next week.

Male 11's and I still have Little Mountain on tap. Hopefully Myron will be joining us.
Old 07-11-18, 04:08 PM
All Yappi

Auggie is on a distinguished road
Mid week the rough can be really tough at Fowler's Mill as many small local amateur tours use this course for events and they tend to make it a better test of golf. I know the High School age girls were recently there and a boys tour uses this for the big 2 day event just before their HS season starts. The weekend hackers pay a ton of $s but usually get a much easier course in the summer. How were the pin placements?
Old 07-11-18, 07:36 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by FairFieldGolf87 View Post
FINALLY played Shale Creek today and it was all I was told about...

Made a tee time at noon on a Sunday thinking at the very least Id be paired up with a twosome...showed up at 1130 and the gentleman in the pro shop could not have been nicer. His 1130 didn't show up so he said I could go off right away. He directed me to the first hole, gave me a couple bottles of water and I was on my way. Single at noon on a Sunday I didn't see a group until #9. It was WIDE open. Course was in great shape. Greens were rolling true. I will be back at Shale Creek in the near future. Great place.
I love playing that course AND they always treat you right.
Old 07-11-18, 07:43 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auggie View Post
Mid week the rough can be really tough at Fowler's Mill as many small local amateur tours use this course for events and they tend to make it a better test of golf. I know the High School age girls were recently there and a boys tour uses this for the big 2 day event just before their HS season starts. The weekend hackers pay a ton of $s but usually get a much easier course in the summer. How were the pin placements?
The pin placements were reasonable, but my putting was not. Also, there wasn't much release after approach shots, but I'm sure that's the way the course sets up. They must keep the course well watered, as there wasn't much roll in the fairways.
Old 07-13-18, 08:23 AM
All Yappi

Let me know when you guys are in the Akron area. Hopefully, we can find a course with a crackhead selling Pro-V's out of her trunk!
Old 07-13-18, 10:28 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Let me know when you guys are in the Akron area. Hopefully, we can find a course with a crackhead selling Pro-V's out of her trunk!
There's a distinct possibility that we will be meeting in the area on Tuesday or Wednesday.

Calling all crackheads, get those Pro-V's ready for sale.
Old 07-14-18, 10:07 PM
All American

Quote:
They had all their teeth, so your hypothesis of them being crackheads overrides my original theory that these two were methheads
Old 07-15-18, 11:27 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
They had all their teeth, so your hypothesis of them being crackheads overrides my original theory that these two were methheads
I'm thinking Myron probably could've bought something else for a twenty dollar bill.
Old 07-17-18, 07:19 PM
All American

Quote:
I'm thinking Myron probably could've bought something else for a twenty dollar bill.
From them?!? Ugh!
Old 07-17-18, 07:47 PM
All Yappi

5 pars and 4 bogies in the league tonight for a 39. We played in under 2 hours. The guys were behind us were an entire half hour behind, holding up the entire golf course.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: