Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 04-13-18, 08:29 AM
All American

C'Town216 is on a distinguished road
VASJ Basketball 2018-19

The odds for the Vikings returning to Columbus next year after being knocked off by St.V last month got a lot better but still have that challenge that could be a road block from Stow. St.V will be Division I next year with a CB number of +126 if I read correctly. NCL rivals who we will see twice next year being Benedictine and Cleveland Central Catholic were bumped down to D-II and will play out of Stow. VASJ remains at D-II Lakeside which is no surprise and could run into Lake Catholic once again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Old 04-18-18, 08:16 PM
All American

Congrats to soon to be c/o 2018 grad PG Jerry Higgins on his commitment to The Citadel today! Well deserved and best wishes from the Village!

Old 04-18-18, 10:21 PM
All Ohio

MugnMaul78 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post
Congrats to soon to be c/o 2018 grad PG Jerry Higgins on his commitment to The Citadel today! Well deserved and best wishes from the Village!

Amen, Congrats Jerry. Here is the article in the Plain Dealer - http://highschoolsports.cleveland.co...s-the-citadel/
Old 04-20-18, 09:26 PM
All World

Bball216 is an unknown quantity at this point
The Citadel got their team leader for the next 4 years. Gene will get his chance to be a surgeon and the basketball program will become better immediately. It will be fun watching Higgins battle Bothwell in league play.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Sport Forums smart
Old 06-12-18, 07:05 PM
All Ohio

VASJ Viking and CSU Viking alumni Demonte Flannigan's European basketball highlights.

Old 06-17-18, 02:40 PM
All District

StowInTheKnow is on a distinguished road
What will u guys do if your coach leaves tomorrow for another job?
Old 06-17-18, 04:38 PM
All World

I don't think we have anything to worry about.
Old 06-17-18, 04:38 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by StowInTheKnow View Post
What will u guys do if your coach leaves tomorrow for another job?
VASJ's coach is not going to Gilmour tomorrow. I wish the new coach and team well.
Old 06-17-18, 05:44 PM
Freshman

conspiritor is on a distinguished road
Knowing that program, they will keep winning.
Old 06-18-18, 12:04 AM
All American

VASJ Basketball 2018-19

Whether itís The Red Baron, Mike Moran, Tedd Kwasniak, Dave Wojachowski, Babe Kwasniak or some new guy if the end is near for Babe.... One thing that will always be present is the tradition that hangs up in the rafters of The Purple Palace.

Old 06-18-18, 07:12 AM
All World

There are two sides. You have the Benedict Arnold's that want Babe gone and a large contingent that want Babe to stay. I think and hope the majority wins out. That is what is best for the school, program and most importantly the kids in the program. But hypothetically IF Babe was to leave there would be no shortage of elite coaches and alumni that would LOVE to coach IMO one of the top 3 high school programs in Ohio.

Old 06-18-18, 08:43 AM
All District

You guys are fine. They didn’t want Babe. Sent him packing.
Old 06-18-18, 11:19 AM
All American

Irish60 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by C'Town216 View Post

Good for the young man! Even though he will be sorely missed by VASJ, if your youngsters from last year develop like they should, I can easily foresee a Finals match up against Trotwood. That would be a heckuva game against Amari Davis and crew.
Old 06-18-18, 04:35 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
You guys are fine. They didnít want Babe. Sent him packing.
Not quite. He withdrew his name from consideration a couple weeks ago and enrolled his son at VASJ. Good luck with your new coach.
Old 06-18-18, 04:53 PM
All World

The details dont matter to me. Babe has a loaded team and is walking the sidelines where he belongs. I wish Gilmour and their new coach the best. I'm also glad to hear Mug that his son is a Viking. Those kids are gym rats and deserve the honor of wearing that uniform.

Old 06-18-18, 05:39 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
The details dont matter to me. Babe has a loaded team and is walking the sidelines where he belongs. I wish Gilmour and their new coach the best. I'm also glad to hear Mug that his son is a Viking. Those kids are gym rats and deserve the honor of wearing that uniform.

Amen Bball.
Old 06-18-18, 07:19 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by MugnMaul78 View Post
Not quite. He withdrew his name from consideration a couple weeks ago and enrolled his son at VASJ. Good luck with your new coach.
Think what you want. Lol! You Vikes are delusional
Old 06-18-18, 07:33 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Think what you want. Lol! You Vikes are delusional
That classic, lol. Ask your "source" to see the email. Regardless, you're happy and we're happy so have a great day!
Old 06-19-18, 09:34 AM
All District

brusharc1986 is on a distinguished road
This is a comedy of errors. On one hand, you guys call those that are loyal to the school that see Babe for what he is as Benedict Arnolds, yet you call Babe himself, a man how has now threatened to leave in each of the last 3 summers a guy that is “walking the sidelines where he belongs. It is comedic to say the least. C’mon Mug you know that Babe didn’t withdraw from the Gilmour job. He was never going to get that job and let me tell you why….the people of Gilmour know what seemingly you, Bball, Csank, and Cervenik don’t, and that is Babe is an unstable example of leadership around kids and adults.
It’s great that Bball says the details don’t matter to him when it only benefits his argument that Babe is where he should be at VASJ in his eyes. He pops in on message threads on here and gets completely destroyed for his pathetic rationale and yet he keeps coming back like the Little Engine that Could. His takes are as valid as a season pass to Euclid Beach Park.
It’s great that Mug is slurping up the email that Babe sent as gospel of him saying how loyal he was to VASJ and he couldn’t leave, when in fact Babe was never going to leave in the first place. His motive the entire time, as was stated on this message board, was to draw sympathy from a couple of blowhards like yourselves and position himself as someone that is doing the school a favor. It’s the classic bait and switch and I’m surprised a guy with a prolific LinkedIn network like yourself couldn’t sniff it out when a Viking Hall of Famer Reggie Stover could smell it from a mile away.
The best thing that came from this whole charade was that more people now understand the narrative that Babe uses to craft his fairytale. The general public understands it. 80 percent at least, not half as Bball would tell you, of the alumni and supporters understand it. The parents of the students-athletes that have transferred and will transfer out understand it. The myriad of assistant coaches that have walked understand it. What is infinitely sad is that the president and the principal refuse to come to grips with the satirical nature of his narrative the way so many already have. You two guys obviously have clamped to him so hard that you couldn’t be pried off him with a couple of Chuck Martinko vice grips so you are a lost cause but I’d expect greater acumen on this topic from the school’s administration.
Old 06-19-18, 10:54 AM
All World

Why have assistant coaches walked - to take other jobs. Coach Ash left tearfully to become the HEAD coach at Orange. Coach Mo left being the 9th grade coach at VASJ to become the JV coach at Orange. That did not work out schedule wise and he ended up at Trinity. Coach Newlon retired when his son graduated. We all know why TJ left - so who left because of Babe ? Coach Wilson, Papa and Rollie are still there. Just one more example of you trying to create an image of an issue that does not exist. When you are on the staff of a successful program like Joe's it opens doors for you. It worked out pretty good for TJ and Ash.

Old 06-19-18, 11:37 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
This is a comedy of errors. On one hand, you guys call those that are loyal to the school that see Babe for what he is as Benedict Arnolds, yet you call Babe himself, a man how has now threatened to leave in each of the last 3 summers a guy that is ďwalking the sidelines where he belongs. It is comedic to say the least. Címon Mug you know that Babe didnít withdraw from the Gilmour job. He was never going to get that job and let me tell you whyÖ.the people of Gilmour know what seemingly you, Bball, Csank, and Cervenik donít, and that is Babe is an unstable example of leadership around kids and adults.
Itís great that Bball says the details donít matter to him when it only benefits his argument that Babe is where he should be at VASJ in his eyes. He pops in on message threads on here and gets completely destroyed for his pathetic rationale and yet he keeps coming back like the Little Engine that Could. His takes are as valid as a season pass to Euclid Beach Park.
Itís great that Mug is slurping up the email that Babe sent as gospel of him saying how loyal he was to VASJ and he couldnít leave, when in fact Babe was never going to leave in the first place. His motive the entire time, as was stated on this message board, was to draw sympathy from a couple of blowhards like yourselves and position himself as someone that is doing the school a favor. Itís the classic bait and switch and Iím surprised a guy with a prolific LinkedIn network like yourself couldnít sniff it out when a Viking Hall of Famer Reggie Stover could smell it from a mile away.
The best thing that came from this whole charade was that more people now understand the narrative that Babe uses to craft his fairytale. The general public understands it. 80 percent at least, not half as Bball would tell you, of the alumni and supporters understand it. The parents of the students-athletes that have transferred and will transfer out understand it. The myriad of assistant coaches that have walked understand it. What is infinitely sad is that the president and the principal refuse to come to grips with the satirical nature of his narrative the way so many already have. You two guys obviously have clamped to him so hard that you couldnít be pried off him with a couple of Chuck Martinko vice grips so you are a lost cause but Iíd expect greater acumen on this topic from the schoolís administration.
Now you did it, you cost me a dollar. See, I bet BBALL a dollar that you wouldn't crawl out from under your rock until after 6pm tonight and you jumped on it right away with your usual drunken babble. Anyway, it's a good day, Babe's still head coach, you and your little peeps are gone, and you are still obsessed and nuts.
Old 06-19-18, 05:57 PM
All District

1-I don’t live under a rock. I live in a modest colonial off Cedar Rd.
2-my only vice is an occasional sip of kosher wine as I near the 9 o’clock hour.
3-it is a good day because this unfolded just as I told you it would unfold.

I do, however, have some lingering questions after this farce. I’m left to wonder if perhaps Mug wrote a threatening email to Babe the way he has already done to prestigious Viking Hall of Fame members that have also threatened to send their son’s to rival schools? I’m perplexed as well as to how the current athletic director must feel after being on the job for 6 months and having the basketball coach attempt a coup on his job and subsequently also threaten to leave himself? I’m also anxiously awaiting to see if the leadership strategy worked out and Babe was able to leverage this feeble attempt at stemming the internal tides against him and leverage it into a position back in the school?
Old 06-19-18, 07:08 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusharc1986 View Post
1-I donít live under a rock. I live in a modest colonial off Cedar Rd.
2-my only vice is an occasional sip of kosher wine as I near the 9 oíclock hour.
3-it is a good day because this unfolded just as I told you it would unfold.

I do, however, have some lingering questions after this farce. Iím left to wonder if perhaps Mug wrote a threatening email to Babe the way he has already done to prestigious Viking Hall of Fame members that have also threatened to send their sonís to rival schools? Iím perplexed as well as to how the current athletic director must feel after being on the job for 6 months and having the basketball coach attempt a coup on his job and subsequently also threaten to leave himself? Iím also anxiously awaiting to see if the leadership strategy worked out and Babe was able to leverage this feeble attempt at stemming the internal tides against him and leverage it into a position back in the school?
Shows again how clueless you are but then again, what do you expect since you are the same twit who swore that I was a VASJ board member. I find your entire "threatening to leave" bash and claim of moral high ground hilarious since it was one of your own that quit on his team and our school several years ago, then blamed the VASJ administration from afar for lack of support, and then told everyone VASJ would close. For the record, I have never sent a threatening letter/email to any board member or VASJ President or Principle. In regards to the AD and an alleged "coup", I don't know what you are talking about but I do know that Babe is one of the few coaches that the AD gets along with. If you have concerns to the contrary, feel free to reach out to the principle and president, but then again, don't hold your breath for a response since they now know what pathetic wastes you and your friends are.
Old 06-19-18, 07:12 PM
All World

Word has it several coaches are having issues with the new AD. I don't know why a school like VASJ can't find a competent AD. The last one and the current one are both incompetent. The current AD had issues at Euclid and they have followed him to Joe's. What many saw early on at Joe's was not how he really is. Now that he has been on the job for awhile his true colors are coming out. I love how Arc likes to just pile everything on the basketball coach when every coach in the athletic program has issue with the new AD. I think (and hope) the administration will side with the coaches. I know there have been meetings already in regards to the AD but so far no decisions. I hope he did not get business cards.
Old 06-20-18, 09:35 AM
All District

Quote:
Shows again how clueless you are but then again, what do you expect since you are the same twit who swore that I was a VASJ board member. I find your entire "threatening to leave" bash and claim of moral high ground hilarious since it was one of your own that quit on his team and our school several years ago, then blamed the VASJ administration from afar for lack of support, and then told everyone VASJ would close. For the record, I have never sent a threatening letter/email to any board member or VASJ President or Principle. In regards to the AD and an alleged "coup", I don't know what you are talking about but I do know that Babe is one of the few coaches that the AD gets along with. If you have concerns to the contrary, feel free to reach out to the principle and president, but then again, don't hold your breath for a response since they now know what pathetic wastes you and your friends are.
When you say one of your own quit on the team and the school are you referring to when Babe was placed on a leave of absence because he flew of the handle and insulted everyone in the entire school and then blamed the VASJ administration for lack of support and then told everyone that the reason the Hall of Champions didnít raise any money was because of the athletic director? Is that what you are referring to?
Old 06-20-18, 09:40 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bball216 View Post
Word has it several coaches are having issues with the new AD. I don't know why a school like VASJ can't find a competent AD. The last one and the current one are both incompetent. The current AD had issues at Euclid and they have followed him to Joe's. What many saw early on at Joe's was not how he really is. Now that he has been on the job for awhile his true colors are coming out. I love how Arc likes to just pile everything on the basketball coach when every coach in the athletic program has issue with the new AD. I think (and hope) the administration will side with the coaches. I know there have been meetings already in regards to the AD but so far no decisions. I hope he did not get business cards.
Good Luck!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	vance.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	2358  
Old 06-20-18, 10:53 AM
All World

Arc can say what he wants but the school raised a lot more money when Babe was in charge of doing so. His program also energized the alumni who in turn refurbished the gym. There has not been a Hall of Fame event since and that is a shame because there are many worthy Vikings that deserve that honor. Babe no longer works in the school and since then nothing has been done with the HOF and the fundraising has decreased substantially. Nobody currently has the passion to raise the money like Babe did and the same goes for the HOF. You can say what you want but the proof is clearly evident. Look at the money raised when Babe was there and compare it to the last two years. Many expected the former AD to pick up and take over the HOF event - we all knew his incompetent a@@ would not do it - so it went by the wayside. He could not even do his job let alone take on a project like the HOF. Hell he needed an assistant just to perform the job he was hired to do so how could you possibly expect him to plan a event like the HOF. People like to complain about other people but I dont see them stepping up and the old AD was no different. Babe got stuff done and did great things while he was working in the school. I sure have not seen the same results since he has been out of the school. That is just the fact. Even Euclid in all their dysfunction has a HOF event every year. Joe's does not and that is embarrassing. It shows the lack of commitment, ability and passion by the former AD and administration.

Old 06-20-18, 12:18 PM
All District

bengals wrestling is on a distinguished road
Now back to basketball.
Has the VASJ schedule been released yet?
What are your thoughts on the NCL going to 3 divisions with Benedictine, CCC, Hoban & VASJ being in the top division?
Old 06-20-18, 12:35 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by bengals wrestling View Post
Now back to basketball.
Has the VASJ schedule been released yet?
What are your thoughts on the NCL going to 3 divisions with Benedictine, CCC, Hoban & VASJ being in the top division?
Is this change only for basketball? Not sure we are ready yet to take on Hoban or Benedictine for football.
Old 06-20-18, 01:00 PM
All District

bengals wrestling is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Is this change only for basketball? Not sure we are ready yet to take on Hoban or Benedictine for football.
Just for BB. Starts this school year.