Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-11-18, 09:09 PM
All American

my2sense is on a distinguished road
Benson/Fawcett/HOF Positioning to Host 2018 State Finals

Despite the overwhelming negativity on Yappi, things keep moving right along at Benson. Contracts have yet to be signed, but final details are being ironed for Canton to host the 2018 finals.

Apparently the rat-infested, poorly-concreted edifice is functional enough to host several concerts, the HOF festivities and the OHSAA finals again. While Terrell Owens and those like-minded posters hate the stadium and city, real decision-makers seem to see it differently

Let's see what happens this June and July regarding further improvements. I know the doom-and-gloomers won't accept it, but good things may actually be happening.

Hope and change!!
Sponsored Links
Old 06-14-18, 11:28 AM
All District

fleadog101 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Despite the overwhelming negativity on Yappi, things keep moving right along at Benson. Contracts have yet to be signed, but final details are being ironed for Canton to host the 2018 finals.

Apparently the rat-infested, poorly-concreted edifice is functional enough to host several concerts, the HOF festivities and the OHSAA finals again. While Terrell Owens and those like-minded posters hate the stadium and city, real decision-makers seem to see it differently

Let's see what happens this June and July regarding further improvements. I know the doom-and-gloomers won't accept it, but good things may actually be happening.

Hope and change!!
Seems like and what my nephew who is a n Attorney is now hearing that they might not be going back to Columbus
Old 06-14-18, 03:40 PM
All World

Sykotyk will become famous soon enough
Outside of Jim Tressel, did Columbus really want them? Now they're back in Canton, is Columbus really going to make a push to take them back again?
Old 06-14-18, 05:07 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Ah yes. Nice short drive for northeast Ohio and a not so nice trip across the state for the western half. Makes perfect sense...
Old 06-14-18, 06:27 PM
All American

hitme is on a distinguished road
Provide a better option. More to it than having a decent facility. It takes people. If you have them make a proposal.
Old 06-15-18, 01:40 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
I think the plan is still to return to Columbus in 2019. But the OHSAA has a new commish at the end of summer. The Canton/Columbus rotation may change. Canton and the Hall will be hosting and NFL Centennial celebration starting in 2019 and into 2020.

The OHSAA is also working with the Hall on how the Finals are run. The ticketing system was a little late coming online last year and that should run much smoother. And the worst offender, parking, is being addressed. Parking will be allowed at the high school and the parking lot in Stadium park will be available (if the Hall of Fame starts paying their bills). This won't eliminate the need for parking at the Fairgrounds but will give fans options.
Old 06-15-18, 01:47 PM
All World

queencitybuckeye is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
Provide a better option. More to it than having a decent facility. It takes people. If you have them make a proposal.
I'm agnostic to the location, but people who make the claim that the NEO championships were any better run than those in Columbus are delusional.
Old 06-15-18, 03:22 PM
Venerated Poster

EagleFan will become famous soon enoughEagleFan will become famous soon enough
I kinda liked parking and tailgating right up next to Ohio Stadium, then strolling right into game. But the atmosphere inside probably better in a 20k seat venue.
Old 06-15-18, 05:22 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
Wasn't this announced by the OHSAA a couple of weeks ago?

http://ohsaa.org/news-media/articles...Site-Announced
Old 06-15-18, 10:26 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitme View Post
There's nothing wrong with Ohio Stadium. I actually quite enjoyed it there. I liked going back to the parking garage in between each game and eat snacks and drink in between games instead of packing up and going up and traveling between stadiums like we used to have to do pre 2014. If the emptiness of it really bothers people then move it to Mapfre which might be vacant soon. Not that up to date on that Crew relocation debacle.