Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Track & Field/Cross Country

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-04-18, 12:43 PM
Freshman

trackfan1 is on a distinguished road
Hope Purcell's state meet stats and D1 Girls State Meet Question

Admittedly outright bragging here, since I am one of her coaches, but I am still in awe of the Saturday that Hope put together at the state meet.

1st in the long jump and high jump (19' 05' and 5' 09" respectively). She only took two jumps in the long jump prelims, recording a foul and then the winning jump. She passed her final 4 jumps (luckily for us) to save her legs for the hurdle races. It was incredibly nerve-wracking to pass those jumps--knowing that she could be passed at any point, and possibly lose a state title.

3rd in the 100 hurdles at 13.97--a super fast time for 3rd place. Smith of Withrow came from 3rd to 1st over the last 3 hurdles with an incredibly fast finish. It was great to see her win, after she had a rough outing in the LJ and HJ--and did not qualify this year in the 300 hurdles. An awesome race to watch for sure.

Finally, Hope returned--on a pair of very heavy legs--to hold on for 4th in the 300s. *Side note: Central region took 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th in the 300s! Really big racing by all 4 of the Central ladies. Hope supposedly told Isabella Angerman of Dublin Coffman after the prelims "You are faster than all of us between the hurdles, if you get any better over the hurdles--you will beat us all". Isabella came incredibly close!

She set (or re-set her own) 3 Lancaster school records on the day (LJ,HJ, 100 hurdles), scored 31 points to give us a tie with Twinsburg for state runner-up, and gave us our 2nd runner-up finish in school history.

As far as I can tell, her performance may be the 3rd most points ever scored by a single athlete in all individual events in D1 girls' state history. Hard to know for sure, of course--but I'm still digging...

Anyway, looking for feedback on whether or not I'm even close on whether or not she actually has scored the 3rd highest point total in individual events for D1 girls.

Lastly--The D1 girls put on a show in event after event. Could this have been the best top to bottom girls' state meet in history?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-18, 06:55 PM
Freshman

PickNorthFan is on a distinguished road
She had an amazing career, and Iĺl be glad to see her go! Certainly a great state performance. Good luck to her at Indiana going forward.
Old 06-04-18, 09:02 PM
All American

mathking is on a distinguished road
Hope Purcell's state meet stats and D1 Girls State Meet Question

Hopeís day was amazing. As Isabelleís coach I am torn between being happy all those fast kids are graduating and a little sad because if they were all back the hurdles might have been epic next year.

As for the whole meet in D1, it might well have been the best. There were not many events that didnít have great times/marks in second place. And there were some very good top marks. Hope had one of the best ever state meets by a D1 girl. The 4x800 was unreal. As was the 100 hurdles, the 3200 and the 200.