Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 10 votes, 3.00 average. Display Modes
Old 07-21-18, 11:13 PM
All World

One Who Knows is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiopup View Post
While we wait for Bevo's quiz...

Billboard record for oldest artist to have a Top-40 single at the
time of it's release:

Can you name the artist / song / age ; that set the Billboard record

You will be surprised.

clue = d

:>---

EGA
Well, the "clue = d" might be Dolly Parton, but I'll take a wild guess with Louie Armstrong and "What a Wonderful World". I think the song was recorded in the late '60s.

ROCK ON!
Old 07-21-18, 11:20 PM
All American

Johnstown Benny is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Who Knows View Post
Well, the "clue = d" might be Dolly Parton, but I'll take a wild guess with Louie Armstrong and "What a Wonderful World". I think the song was recorded in the late '60s.

ROCK ON!

OWK,

How 'bout splitting your two guesses and coming up with Louie Armstrong with " Hello Dolly" instead of " What A Wonderful World" ?

JB
Old 07-21-18, 11:32 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnstown Benny View Post
OWK,

How 'bout splitting your two guesses and coming up with Louie Armstrong with " Hello Dolly" instead of " What A Wonderful World" ?

JB
Hmm "JB", a very good idea. Also, did you catch the Scarlet & Gray in TBT? They look very good!

ROCK ON!
Old 07-22-18, 02:50 AM
All Ohio

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
OWK,

JB
I, too, was thinking "Hello Dolly."
Old 07-22-18, 05:21 AM
All Region

Diva is on a distinguished road
Yes, the rain is very welcome unless you're out on the bike or run of a triathlon, as my husband and I were in Shelby yesterday morning. We both won medals for first place in our age division. He had competition; I didn't.

I didn't read about the basketball game until this morning, so we missed Jon playing. I hope they rebroadcast it. I would have loved to see it.
Old 07-22-18, 09:09 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Who Knows View Post
Hmm "JB", a very good idea. Also, did you catch the Scarlet & Gray in TBT? They look very good!

ROCK ON!

OWK,

Yes, I did see the Scarlet & Gray game yesterday. Really enjoyed seeing all the former Buckeyes again. It was nice to see the appreciation shown for Thad Matta by the sell-out crowd also. I believe the next TBT game for the Bucks is this afternoon at 2:00pm vs. The Matadors, hopefully it isn't that Madrid Real or Real Madrid ( can't remember what their name is), seems with a name like that they should be playing the Chicago Bulls instead of the Buckeyes.

I am completely unfamiliar with the " Elam" ending to a game now ???? Is that something new this year or has it been used in other leagues or international play ? I was lost with the quick explanation the announcers provided . All of a sudden the Bucks had to win by 7 points for the game to end after the 4 minute mark, I guess it's a "Mercy Rule" way to put an end to games no longer in doubt. I don't necessarily dislike it, Just caught me off guard and initially was confused, but that happens to me all the time anymore,lol.

While we are on the subject of hoops, I read a really interesting excerpt in the August issue of "Columbus Monthly" magazine yesterday from a new book that will go on sale nationally on September 18th.

The name of the book is "Tigerland" written by Columbus native Wil Haygood and chronicles the Columbus East Tigers basketball team dynasty that resulted in a 70-1 record over a three year period including back to back state championships in 1968 and 1969. The team only lost one game back in their sophomore year to city league rival Columbus Linden McKinley who ended up winning the state championship in 1967 led by Jim Cleamens and Skip Young.

The book also touches on the state baseball team state champions of Columbus East back in 1969 as well. The excerpt really whet my appetite for the book and it should be on my bookshelf within a day or two after its release.

As you know, I am a Central Ohio HS basketball junkie and particularly of the 60's and 70's era. I followed that Columbus East team very closely as they personally knocked one of the very best Newark Wildcat teams ever out in the Regional Finals in a heartbreaking loss 55-50. Newark entered the final quarter trailing the East juggernaut 37-36 as Bo Lamar hit a shot at the buzzer to take the lead. With 20 seconds left in the game Newark was only down 53-50 and had the ball ! The Wildcats missed three straight shots before East grabbed the final rebound and scored another bucket. A few days after East had won the 1969 State championship game 71-56 over Canton McKinley,East coach Bob Hart stated that the Newark Wildcat team they beat in the Regional Finals was the best team the Tigers played that season and said it would have been nice if the two teams had met in the State Finals.

The "Tigerland" author Wil Haygood as written 8 previous books including "Sweet Thunder", The Life and Times of Sugar Ray Robinson, "In Black& White", The life of Sammy Davis Jr. and wrote a Washington Post story about White House butler, Eugene Allen who served under 8 presidents and was made into the movie "The Butler" a few years ago.

Thought you any other Central Ohio HS basketball fans from the era may find the book interesting.

JB
Old 07-22-18, 11:20 AM
All Yappi

ohiopup is on a distinguished road
(Louis Armstrong, who would have been 86 when "What a Wonderful World" became a hit in 1988, is the oldest overall, although Armstrong was younger than xxxxxx when the record was made).

Clue = d = dead (the artist) / d = Dick (first name of the song writer)
Clue = d ( a big hit for the first artist to record the song- name started with a 'D')
Clue = get in touch with your feminine side .

It was a '"What a Wonderful World" is a pop ballad written by Bob Thiele
Recorded by Louis Armstrong and released in 1967 as a single
Armstrong was 66 when he recorded it.
It did not break into the Top-40 until a re-release in the late 1980s.

EGA
Old 07-22-18, 04:02 PM
All Region

I hear Jon Diebler wasn't "on" today.
Old 07-22-18, 04:09 PM
All Yappi

Quote:

I am completely unfamiliar with the " Elam" ending to a game now ???? Is that something new this year or has it been used in other leagues or international play ? I was lost with the quick explanation the announcers provided . All of a sudden the Bucks had to win by 7 points for the game to end after the 4 minute mark, I guess it's a "Mercy Rule" way to put an end to games no longer in doubt. I don't necessarily dislike it, Just caught me off guard and initially was confused, but that happens to me all the time anymore,lol....

JB
Elam ending...

Not an official rule---yet...

http://www.yappi.com/forums/showthread.php?t=314125

http://www.wbur.org/onlyagame/2017/0...urnament-mugar

From the link...

Quote:
The Hybrid Duration Format

Finally in 2013, he settled on an idea he really liked:

With less than four minutes to go, the clock shuts off. Then take the leading team’s score and add seven points to it. That becomes the target score. First team to reach that total wins.

For example, say it's 66-60 with just under four minutes left. You'd take the leading team’s score – 66 – and add seven. The clock would be shut off for the rest of the game, and the first team to reach 73 points wins. The trailing team wouldn’t have to worry about running out of time, so they wouldn’t need to foul on purpose.

EGA
Old 07-22-18, 04:21 PM
All Yappi

Speaking of Armstrong's What a Wonderful World.

The film "Good Morning, Vietnam' (1987) helped push that song into
Hit status. It was part of the soundtrack...

1."Robin Williams - Adrian Cronauer 2:09
2."Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Nowhere To Run 2:55
3."The Beach Boys - I Get Around 2:09
4."Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders - Game Of Love 2:04
5."Robin Williams - Adrian Cronauer 0:15
6."The Searchers - Sugar & Spice 2:13
7."Robin Williams - Adrian Cronauer 0:47
8."The Castaways - Liar, Liar 1:51
9."The Beach Boys - The Warmth Of The Sun 2:47
10."Robin Williams - Adrian Cronauer 0:34
11."James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good) 2:44
12."Robin Williams - Adrian Cronauer 0:08
13."Them - Baby Please Don't Go 2:40
14."Robin Williams - Adrian Cronauer 0:33
15."The Marvelettes - Danger Heartbreak Dead Ahead 2:28
16."The Vogues - Five O'Clock World 2:19
17."The Rivieras - California Sun 2:22
18."Robin Williams - Adrian Cronauer 1:21
19."Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World 2:17

I missed this one ...but they reported on the radio that
Adrian Cronauer the actual DJ that the film was based on
passed away July 18, 2018 at age 79.

Cronaurer on Wiki... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Cronauer

MARPAT

Last edited by ohiopup; 07-22-18 at 05:55 PM. Reason: x-393029 added link
Old 07-22-18, 04:38 PM
All Yappi

Mr. Slippery is on a distinguished road
Quote:
OWK,

Yes, I did see the Scarlet & Gray game yesterday. Really enjoyed seeing all the former Buckeyes again. It was nice to see the appreciation shown for Thad Matta by the sell-out crowd also. I believe the next TBT game for the Bucks is this afternoon at 2:00pm vs. The Matadors, hopefully it isn't that Madrid Real or Real Madrid ( can't remember what their name is), seems with a name like that they should be playing the Chicago Bulls instead of the Buckeyes.

I am completely unfamiliar with the " Elam" ending to a game now ???? Is that something new this year or has it been used in other leagues or international play ? I was lost with the quick explanation the announcers provided . All of a sudden the Bucks had to win by 7 points for the game to end after the 4 minute mark, I guess it's a "Mercy Rule" way to put an end to games no longer in doubt. I don't necessarily dislike it, Just caught me off guard and initially was confused, but that happens to me all the time anymore,lol.

While we are on the subject of hoops, I read a really interesting excerpt in the August issue of "Columbus Monthly" magazine yesterday from a new book that will go on sale nationally on September 18th.

The name of the book is "Tigerland" written by Columbus native Wil Haygood and chronicles the Columbus East Tigers basketball team dynasty that resulted in a 70-1 record over a three year period including back to back state championships in 1968 and 1969. The team only lost one game back in their sophomore year to city league rival Columbus Linden McKinley who ended up winning the state championship in 1967 led by Jim Cleamens and Skip Young.

The book also touches on the state baseball team state champions of Columbus East back in 1969 as well. The excerpt really whet my appetite for the book and it should be on my bookshelf within a day or two after its release.

As you know, I am a Central Ohio HS basketball junkie and particularly of the 60's and 70's era. I followed that Columbus East team very closely as they personally knocked one of the very best Newark Wildcat teams ever out in the Regional Finals in a heartbreaking loss 55-50. Newark entered the final quarter trailing the East juggernaut 37-36 as Bo Lamar hit a shot at the buzzer to take the lead. With 20 seconds left in the game Newark was only down 53-50 and had the ball ! The Wildcats missed three straight shots before East grabbed the final rebound and scored another bucket. A few days after East had won the 1969 State championship game 71-56 over Canton McKinley,East coach Bob Hart stated that the Newark Wildcat team they beat in the Regional Finals was the best team the Tigers played that season and said it would have been nice if the two teams had met in the State Finals.

The "Tigerland" author Wil Haygood as written 8 previous books including "Sweet Thunder", The Life and Times of Sugar Ray Robinson, "In Black& White", The life of Sammy Davis Jr. and wrote a Washington Post story about White House butler, Eugene Allen who served under 8 presidents and was made into the movie "The Butler" a few years ago.

Thought you any other Central Ohio HS basketball fans from the era may find the book interesting.

JB
Everything you wanted to know about The Basketball Tournament:

https://www.thetournament.com/bracket

With Sunday's win over the Matadors (predominantly Texas Tech alumni), the Scarlet & Gray have advanced to the Sweet 16. 2-time defending champion Overseas Elite is still alive as is the team who eliminated the Scarlet & Gray last year, Team Challenge ALS. The 4th team from last year's Final 4, Boeheim's Army, tips off its 2nd Round game in a matter of minutes. All games are being aired on the ESPN family of networks.
Old 07-22-18, 05:49 PM
All Yappi

clue = she was 75 when she cut the recording...

MARPAT
Old 07-22-18, 07:18 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
LOL That leaves out Wayne Newton w/Danke Schoen. WN is ~75 now.

Thought I had it. Snif snif.
Old 07-22-18, 08:17 PM
All World

Quote:
OWK,

JB
"JB" - Thanks for the "heads-up" about "Tigertown". Sounds like something I'd be interested in reading. I'll keep an eye out for it in September.

ROCK ON!
Old 07-23-18, 04:12 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
"D"iana Ross just turned 74 earlier this year, so she's out. "D"oris Day released an album in 1994 at the age of 72, but it was recorded in 1967 when she was 45.

I remember putting out a little music quiz in the last 2 years that ran along similar lines, artists who had hits at both ends of the age spectrums - might have been on JJHuddle? Can't remember a lady who was 75 when she made a recording that made the Top 40, though. Eager to find this one out.
Old 07-23-18, 08:39 AM
All Yappi

The artist's initials.... stage name = M M

~ ~ ~

@ MCAS Beaufort / instructing maintenance personnel on some avionics updates.
back in Columbus by the weekend. I can hit Parris Island with a well thrown
grenade from here (almost... it's 8 miles due S.).

I'm at breakfast... S-O-S... which was my 1st meal at Parris Island 53 years ago.

True story: Joining the Marines... (Bus) From Canton to Cleveland / Swearing in /
(bus) Cleveland to Akron / (train-B&O) Akron to Washington D.C. /
(train - SCL -Silver Star - **) Washington D.C. to Columbia S.C. /
(bus) Columbia S.C. to Parris Island...

Arrived in the wee hours of the morning (apx. 3 AM), I had an aisle seat, the bus stops.
I figure that they are going to want us off the bus ASAP, the 'pup is just half out of
the seat with one foot in the aisle way as the DI enters the bus, points his trigger
finger straight at me and... "Who the F$%+ told you to move!!!"

A couple hours later the DI moves the 'herd' to a Mess Hall - breakfast - S-O-S.

** the Silver Star was a full service passenger train complete with a hostess
(ala stewardess) for every 2 cars ~ the railroads were trying to compete with
airlines.

The 2 bus lines were Greyhound (in Ohio) / Trailways (in S.C.)

EGA
Old 07-23-18, 09:41 AM
All American

Purely a wild guess based on the MM initials. . . .Moms Mabley. I know she had a "version" of " Abraham, Martin, and John" the big hit earlier by Dion that broke the top 40.

I remember her from her appearances on the Ed Sullivan Show and couldn't stand her.
One of the ugliest performers I've ever seen. She looked like she was about 120 years old and the original "toothless bearded hag", lol.

JB
Old 07-23-18, 10:26 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Purely a wild guess based on the MM initials. . . .Moms Mabley. I know she had a "version" of " Abraham, Martin, and John" the big hit earlier by Dion that broke the top 40.

JB
I think you're right - #35 in 1969. Don't think I'd ever read about that before now. I don't recall pulling that up when I researched the songs for my quiz.

Good stuff!
Old 07-23-18, 10:35 AM
All Yappi

Quote:

I remember her from her appearances on the Ed Sullivan Show and couldn't stand her.
One of the ugliest performers I've ever seen. She looked like she was about 120 years old and the original "toothless bearded hag", lol.

JB
Correcto mundo...
Winner - winner - chicken dinner...

Abraham, Martin and John

Clues...
d = dead / she's dead
d = Dick (first name of the song writer) / Dick Holler
d ( a big hit for the first artist to record the song- name started with a 'D') / Dion
get in touch with your feminine side. / Female
M M = Moms Mabley

Moms Mabley: 1894-1975 (age 81)

Her version of "Abraham, Martin and John" made it to #35 in the Top-40 (1969)
Mabley became the oldest living person ever to have a US Top 40 hit
(Louis Armstrong, who would have been 86 when "What a Wonderful World" became a hit in
1988, is the oldest overall, although Armstrong was younger than Mabley when the record
was made).

Close your eyes...she's 75...

Dion - 1968 - peak #4 - Top-40

MARPAT

marine pattern ~ fractal camouflage woodland & desert
(note the USMC emblem is scattered random in the pattern)
Old 07-23-18, 11:35 AM
All Ohio

FootballFan1795 is on a distinguished road
Know the Dion version, but never would have guessed Moms Mabley … good one!

Quote:

I'm at breakfast... S-O-S... which was my 1st meal at Parris Island 53 years ago.

True story: Joining the Marines... (Bus) From Canton to Cleveland / Swearing in /

Arrived in the wee hours of the morning (apx. 3 AM), I had an aisle seat, the bus stops.
I figure that they are going to want us off the bus ASAP, the 'pup is just half out of
the seat with one foot in the aisle way as the DI enters the bus, points his trigger

A couple hours later the DI moves the 'herd' to a Mess Hall - breakfast - S-O-S.

airlines.

One of my sisters used to live in Beaufort, but I never got to visit her while she lived there. One of my brothers took his family for a visit, though, and he was able to tour Parris Island while he was there. He said that it was pretty impressive. Don’t believe my other brother (a chief in the Navy who retired after 20 years of service) ever mentioned being there.

As an aside, recently, his daughter (my niece) re-upped after serving 6 years in the Navy (since 2012), and then, found out she’s pregnant with my brother’s first grandchild! Says she’ll now be on radar duty in Norfolk, VA, and her husband decided not to re-enlist. Just a few days ago, her ship, the USS Harry S. Truman, returned from a brief deployment.
Old 07-23-18, 12:05 PM
All Ohio

Buck_98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

~ ~ ~

airlines.

EGA
My dad was there in 1966. My mom lived in Beaufort and my sister was born there. I've never been. Tried to get my mom to go back before she died but she didn't want to go. Said it was her favorite place she ever lived.
Old 07-23-18, 03:24 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck_98 View Post
My dad was there in 1966. My mom lived in Beaufort and my sister was born there. I've never been. Tried to get my mom to go back before she died but she didn't want to go. Said it was her favorite place she ever lived.
Thanks for the additional comments, Buck_98.

Beaufort is really a cool city, almost like a mini-Charleston or Savannah. Pat Conroy, the author (and basketball player for The Citadel) lived there. He wrote The Prince of Tides, The Great Santini, Beach Music and My Losing Season, to name a few.

Beaufort, according to historical information, has been the setting or the inspirational setting for several novels by Conroy and a popular filming location for major motion pictures, including The Big Chill, The Prince of Tides, The Great Santini, Forrest Gump, Something To Talk About and G.I. Jane.

As previously mentioned, the Beaufort/Port Royal area is best known as being the home of, as ohiopup would call it, MCRD PI. That's the Marine Corp Recruiting Depot Parris Island.

Here's a photo of the Antebellum House in Beaufort that was highlighted in The Big Chill:

ROCK ON!
Old 07-23-18, 03:48 PM
All American

Monclova Steve is on a distinguished road
As usual, OWK, you bring the BIG stuff. Very interesting as always.
Old 07-23-18, 06:50 PM
All American

EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:

~ ~ ~

airlines.

EGA

Welcome to Parris Island.
Old 07-23-18, 08:54 PM
All American

Quote:
Speaking of Armstrong's What a Wonderful World.

The film "Good Morning, Vietnam' (1987) helped push that song into
Hit status. It was part of the soundtrack...

1."Robin Williams - Adrian Cronauer 2:09
2."Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Nowhere To Run 2:55
3."The Beach Boys - I Get Around 2:09
4."Wayne Fontana & The Mindbenders - Game Of Love 2:04
5."Robin Williams - Adrian Cronauer 0:15
6."The Searchers - Sugar & Spice 2:13
7."Robin Williams - Adrian Cronauer 0:47
8."The Castaways - Liar, Liar 1:51
9."The Beach Boys - The Warmth Of The Sun 2:47
10."Robin Williams - Adrian Cronauer 0:34
11."James Brown - I Got You (I Feel Good) 2:44
12."Robin Williams - Adrian Cronauer 0:08
13."Them - Baby Please Don't Go 2:40
14."Robin Williams - Adrian Cronauer 0:33
15."The Marvelettes - Danger Heartbreak Dead Ahead 2:28
16."The Vogues - Five O'Clock World 2:19
17."The Rivieras - California Sun 2:22
18."Robin Williams - Adrian Cronauer 1:21
19."Louis Armstrong - What A Wonderful World 2:17

I missed this one ...but they reported on the radio that
Adrian Cronauer the actual DJ that the film was based on
passed away July 18, 2018 at age 79.

Cronaurer on Wiki... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Cronauer

MARPAT

Pretty interesting article in Tuesday's Lima News regarding Adrian Cronauer's Lima,Ohio connection. . .

When Cronauer left the military in 1967 he landed a job here in Lima as a co-anchor of the news on WIMA-TV. Although he was only in Lima about a year and a half or so, while he was here he even found time to participate in some local theatre production with Lima's Encore Theatre. In fact, he played Felix Unger in the local production of "The Odd Couple".

Another Lima connection just happened to appear in last Friday's Wall Street Journal with an interview with Beach Boy, Al Jardine, who discussed his early childhood in Lima. Al Jardine was born in Lima and lived here until he was 7 or 8 years old. He is no longer touring with the Beach Boys, (I think Mike Love may be the only original member still touring) and currently Jardine is living in Big Sur country and he mentions a huge barn that sits behind his home has a rooster that wakes he and his wife up each morning and he stated that it reminds him of his roots in Lima, lol.

JB
Old 07-24-18, 08:02 AM
All Region

Good information, everyone!

I can't see the USMC emblem in the pattern. I love that it's there, though.

I could never be a Marine. I can't take people yelling at me, and certainly not telling me what to do. I don't know how you do it, and I have great respect for our service people. I love watching Marines; there's a look about you that says "Don't mess with me" even when you're just sitting there. Thank you.

My dad and my husband's dad were both in the Navy, and one of their grandsons is a Ranger. He got blown up in Afghanistan a few years ago and was quite injured, but he's recovered remarkably with few lasting effects. Very proud of him.

I liked hearing my dad's stories of when he was a yeoman in Norfolk in the 50s. He left the Navy just before I was born.

I enjoyed "The Great Santini". Very memorable movie. "Forrest Gump", nope.

I remember seeing Moms Mably on TV. Even at my young age, I wondered what she was doing on there but somebody must have liked her. I've never heard that version on the song.

I learn so much on this thread!

Last edited by Diva; 07-24-18 at 08:13 AM.
Old 07-24-18, 12:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
Good information, everyone!

I can't see the USMC emblem in the pattern. I love that it's there, though.

Eagle-Globe-Anchor with USMC below...

Using the 'desert pattern'
imagine a line drawn from upper left corner diagonal to bottom right corner
this line will pass thru 2 dark areas
the emblem is just below the line between the 2 dark areas.

~ ~ ~

The Great Santini

Lieutenant Colonel Wilbur "Bull" Meechum
designation: 1 silver oak leaf sometimes referred to as Light Colonel.

Naval Gold Aviator Wings (pilot)

Awards (Ribbons / AKA = Fruit Salad) Left to Right / Top to Bottom...

Row-1: Silver Star / Distinguished Flying Cross / Bronze Star (2, note small star center of ribbon)
Row-2: Air Medal / Purple Heart / Presidential Unit Citation (2)
^('pup note: these are out of sequence / the Purple Heart should precede the Air Medal)
==============================================
Above this line Acts of Valor or Combat / below campaign & service areas
==============================================
Row-3: American Campaign / American Defense Service / World War II Victory
Row-4: Navy Occupation Service / China Service / National Defense Service (2)
Row-5: Korean Service (4) / Republic of Korea Presidential Unit Citation / United Nations Korea Medal

Quote:
Asiatic-Pacific Campaign (is not the right color combination -maybe they couldn't find one and just
made one up - that's Hollywood)
^-IGNORE

Not shown are his Expert Rifle and Expert Pistol qualification badges.
In

http://www.vspa.com/usaf-medals-correct-wear.htm

P.S. Life Saving awards would be above the line.

Row-4: Navy Occupation Service / Asiatic-Pacific Campaign / National Defense Service (2) <=== replaced

MARPAT

Last edited by ohiopup; 07-24-18 at 11:06 PM. Reason: row-4 update
Old 07-24-18, 03:07 PM
All Region

I thought they had people to make sure these things are correct in movies? Obviously, those who know will notice!
Old 07-24-18, 11:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diva View Post
I thought they had people to make sure these things are correct in movies? Obviously, those who know will notice!
I was in error...

Found it and fixed it - China Service...

For Navy/Maine/Coast Guard who...
Served ashore in China or who were attached to any of the vessels that operated in support of the operations in China between 7 July 1937, and 7 September 1939

EGA
Old 07-25-18, 07:24 AM
All Yappi

1 winning Mega Millions (522 M) sold in San Jose CA

I think they'll be putting a few more $$$ than $100 down to buy a car.

"The Marines have landed, and the situation is well in hand".
~ Richard Harding Davis, (1885 war correspondent / Marine intervene in Panama)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: