Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > General Board

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Rate the movie "Solo: A Star Wars Story"
10 0 0%
9 1 12.50%
8 0 0%
7 4 50.00%
6 0 0%
5 2 25.00%
4 0 0%
3 1 12.50%
2 0 0%
1 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-27-18, 11:01 AM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
"Solo: A Star Wars Story"

Rate and review the movie "Solo: A Star Wars Story"

During an adventure into the criminal underworld, Han Solo meets his future copilot Chewbacca and encounters Lando Calrissian years before joining the Rebellion.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-27-18, 11:48 AM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
6/8 on the infamous 8 point scale.

I enjoyed it. Was tough to wrap my head around a Star Wars movie without the force, jedi and the rebellion and empire like we grew accustomed to.

Doesn't come close to Rogue one as a star wars story standalone but I don't know how that would be possible to matrch it
Old 05-27-18, 08:47 PM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Thought this was a really good movie. For me it felt more like the OT than any of the other movies. And that isn't a knock on the others as I liked them too. This was a fun movie and I was pleasantly surprised with it. It will be interesting to see what they do with the twist at the end.
Old 05-27-18, 09:12 PM
All Yappi

PantherProud
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Thought this was a really good movie. For me it felt more like the OT than any of the other movies. And that isn't a knock on the others as I liked them too. This was a fun movie and I was pleasantly surprised with it. It will be interesting to see what they do with the twist at the end.

Oh see I think it is the least “Star Wars feeling” movie to date. And I think that is in large part due to the lack of a John Williams score overall (he did do a Han theme, but honestly I couldn’t even pick it out).

Granted he didn’t do Rogue One either, but IMO I think Michael Giacchino did a great job in Rogue One of blending his style with iconic Star Wars themes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-27-18, 11:11 PM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Would love to see a Darth Maul bad guy spinoff. Would be cool to see a movie from a "bad guy" perspective. A movie showing how the Empire became what it was or something into the Emperor's past, early Darth Vader would be really cool.
Old 05-28-18, 09:48 AM
All American

Zunardo is on a distinguished road
Saw it last night, a solid 5.5/8, hitting 6/8 about half the time. Enjoyed it, although it was hard not to hear that voice and imagine a raccoon was piloting the pirate ship hijacking the train.
Old 05-29-18, 08:26 AM
All Yappi

We had to look up at how he was still alive. We are a bit more than just average fans, but nowhere near the SW geeks.

Apparently in the CLone Wars cartoons he was alive with robotic legs so.........there we have it just in case some didn't know.
Old 05-29-18, 08:44 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
Probably give it a 6/8. It definitely exceeded my expectations.
Old 05-29-18, 09:42 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Lots of good stuff here. I'd be happy with 2-3 more Han, Chewy and Lando adventures.
Old 05-29-18, 09:59 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
Lots of good stuff here. I'd be happy with 2-3 more Han, Chewy and Lando adventures.
Apparently the guy who plays Han let it slip a few weeks ago he signed on for 3 movies so should be 2 more that he makes an appearance in.
Old 05-29-18, 10:45 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
We had to look up at how he was still alive. We are a bit more than just average fans, but nowhere near the SW geeks.

Apparently in the CLone Wars cartoons he was alive with robotic legs so.........there we have it just in case some didn't know.
My son watches the cartoons on Netflix and some magical lady gave him robot legs or something.

From my understanding they canonized the Clone Wars TV show. I figure they will play off that at some piint
Old 05-29-18, 04:02 PM
All World

irish_buffalo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Would love to see a Darth Maul bad guy spinoff. Would be cool to see a movie from a "bad guy" perspective. A movie showing how the Empire became what it was or something into the Emperor's past, early Darth Vader would be really cool.
I would love to see something like this as well.
Old 05-29-18, 04:03 PM
All World

fish, does anyone untrained in the ways of The Force hold their breath and navigate themselves through open space in this one?
Old 05-29-18, 05:06 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enoughfish82 will become famous soon enough
LOL...there was actually no force usage, and as far as I remember all cinematic scientific principles were adhered to.
Old 05-29-18, 05:25 PM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these partseastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Hire Evan Vice as your screenwriter and you got yourself a winning idea there.
Old 05-29-18, 09:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Pretyt much every SW fan I know wants the same thing..something about Vader/Empire etc
Old 05-30-18, 04:56 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
LOL...there was actually no force usage, and as far as I remember all cinematic scientific principles were adhered to.
Whew! I can watch without being the "worst ever" guy from Simpsons.
Old 05-31-18, 07:00 AM
All Yappi

EastYoungstown will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Pretyt much every SW fan I know wants the same thing..something about Vader/Empire etc
I'd gladly take a trilogy of Vader hunting down the remaining Jedi scattered across the universe.

That's what everyone wants.
Old 05-31-18, 09:55 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastYoungstown View Post
I'd gladly take a trilogy of Vader hunting down the remaining Jedi scattered across the universe.

That's what everyone wants.
Oh hell yeah. That would be fantastic no doubt and HAS to be up their sleeve!
Old 06-16-18, 08:31 AM
All World

Purplemojo is on a distinguished road
I thought the film was a fine "Space Opera". The performance of young Hans was spot on and the film depicted the things we knew had to be the case, like a young ill fated love, hardscrabble childhood and falling in with crooks and scoundrels.
Old 06-16-18, 09:45 AM
All World

I had really low expectations and thought it was entertaining. Be interesting to see where it goes
Old 06-16-18, 10:09 AM
All Yappi

PantherProud
"Solo: A Star Wars Story"

Quote:
Apparently the guy who plays Han let it slip a few weeks ago he signed on for 3 movies so should be 2 more that he makes an appearance in.

Just a formality for franchises really. Felicity Jones signed a 3 movie deal for Rogue One too.

I think it would be more likely that he shows up in the upcoming Boba Fett movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-18, 04:03 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
I'm more of a leave Vader in the past fan. He lumbers, mopes, socializes with no one. I don't think they would want to start building empathy for him, showing growth beyond what they did in the orginal trilogy. So what do you do with him?

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice

My son watches the cartoons on Netflix and some magical lady gave him robot legs or something.

From my understanding they canonized the Clone Wars TV show. I figure they will play off that at some piint
Both Clone Ways and the following Rebels were more interestingand thoughtfull, to me, than the movies. The stories were more people oriented, the effects and affects of the war more studied. They really do have their adult themes.

Ahsoka Tano and Torrent Company ( a clone company led by a character "Rex" that had storyline in both cartoons), would be good bets. Tano was a fan favorite and Rex' story got at the human side of the war more affectively than they pretended to cover with falling bodies, in Rogue One. Another source of good stories are the Knights of Old Republic games, KOTOR and KOTOR 2. I think those can be gotten on STEAM.

They obviously realized too late what a character they had in Maul. The leg thing was an awkward recover.

There are hints that some of the characters like Tano, off screen went off to some far-place and met up with a new danger. I can see those in future movies.

My wish would be to see them take the "pet" out of Chewie. The orginal continuity books did this.

Last edited by eastisbest; 06-16-18 at 04:15 PM.
Old 06-16-18, 04:51 PM
All Yappi

the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
I watched it and liked it, but ... I didn’t understand the Darth Maul inclusion and how that would fit the known timeline. Wasn’t Darth Maul killed at the end of episode 1, when Anikin Skywalker was still just a child? Would this make Han older than Darth Vader?

In fact, wasn’t Darth Maul killed before there WAS an Empire?
Old 06-16-18, 06:23 PM
All Yappi

the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_big_toe View Post
I watched it and liked it, but ... I didn’t understand the Darth Maul inclusion and how that would fit the known timeline. Wasn’t Darth Maul killed at the end of episode 1, when Anikin Skywalker was still just a child? Would this make Han older than Darth Vader?

In fact, wasn’t Darth Maul killed before there WAS an Empire?
Okay, nevermind. I didn't read enough of the posts in here before posting. Plus, there is this:

https://metro.co.uk/2018/06/14/darth...story-7631725/

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: