Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 08-13-17, 07:51 PM
All Ohio

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
that is a BIG boy.....did the Fort scrimmage Indian Lake? how did they do?
Yes , they scrimmages Indian Lake.
The Fort dwarfed them on the lines. I think the final "score" was 4-1.
Old 08-14-17, 08:08 AM
All Region

fortfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Yes , they scrimmages Indian Lake.
The Fort dwarfed them on the lines. I think the final "score" was 4-1.
Sort of a boring scrimmage. I think FR played most of their 55 kids, IL only had about 30? We played 4 QB's and they only played 2.

FR needs to be able to pass better than they did Friday.How long is Siefring out?
Old 08-14-17, 10:36 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by fortfan View Post
Sort of a boring scrimmage. I think FR played most of their 55 kids, IL only had about 30? We played 4 QB's and they only played 2.

FR needs to be able to pass better than they did Friday.How long is Siefring out?
I'm not sure about Siefring.

This team needs to run 45 times a game and throw only when they want to. It may not be exciting but it will be effective.
Old 08-14-17, 11:58 AM
All American

bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
I'm not sure about Siefring.

This team needs to run 45 times a game and throw only when they want to. It may not be exciting but it will be effective.
is Wendel the QB?
Old 08-14-17, 01:01 PM
All Region

Yes.
Old 08-14-17, 02:45 PM
Varsity

CJK84 is on a distinguished road
Marion's 3-way against Arlington and Bluffton went fairly well for the Flyers. Because ML outmanned both teams physically (Arlington in particular was way overmatched up front) it's hard to tell how strong the Flyers are.

Qb Bruns was a bit erratic on some passes, but overall looked good with many completions. Very big arm - should be able to stretch the field as few hs qb's can. But again, hard to know if he can regularly throw accurately when there's a strong rush coming at him down after down. He rarely felt any pressure in this scrimmage.

I was impressed with Matt Rethman and Derek Ruhenkamp at receiver - both showed great hands. And Nolan Habodasz looks like a capable tailback - reads the d well, shows patience, and picks his holes wisely - good instincts.

At right tackle, Dirksen often destroyed opposing linemen and backers - moving defenders well away from their established positions. He moves well for being close to 300 pounds, and I really hope he can stay healthy this season.

I think Marion's d will be quite strong when they figure out what works best. On at least one occasion the Flyers got burned with what I think was a 4-3 front (outside backer was on the line in a 3-point stance) - got outnumbered on a particular side and allowed a sweep to go for a long td.

I'm expecting Delphos Jefferson will provide a significantly tougher test for the Flyers this week.

Last edited by CJK84; 08-16-17 at 11:19 AM.
Old 08-14-17, 02:59 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Yes.
What are your thoughts on the QB situation in FR?
Old 08-14-17, 02:59 PM
Varsity

CJK84 is on a distinguished road
Should be some great games for Marion this year, particularly at the start.

Week 1 CJ: Eagles have a three year starter in qb Ryan Peltier, and reportedly plenty of athletes to challenge the Flyer d - one of the very few teams last season to have fairly consistent offensive success against Marion.

Week 2 at Patrick Henry: D-VI state semi-finalist last year

Week 3 at Coldwater: D-V state finalist last year

Week 4 Minster: D-VII state finalist last year with versatile qb Huelsman returning

Games with Versailles, St. Henry (returning numerous starters including qb Lange), and Fort Recovery, featuring tailback Will Homan, round out the Flyers' schedule and should make for a lot of good football.
Old 08-14-17, 05:21 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK84 View Post

Week 1 CJ: Eagles have a three year starter in qb Ryan Peltier, and reportedly plenty of athletes to challenge the Flyer d - one of the very few teams last season to have fairly consistent offensive success against Marion.

Week 4 Minster: D-VII state finalist last year with versatile qb Huelsman returning

Games with Versailles, St. Henry (returning numerous starters including qb Lange), and Fort Recovery, featuring tailback Will Homan, round out the Flyers' schedule and should make for a lot of good football.
Uh, CJ is a below average small school GCL member, who will be lucky to win 4 games.
Old 08-14-17, 05:39 PM
All American

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJK84 View Post

CJ was 6-4 last year and returns a number of starters from last year. Will be a good test for ML's inexperienced secondary. The Flyer's blitzes will have to hit home.

PH lost quite a bit from last year however it is a long trek to Hamler and they have a very successful veteran coach.

A team that I think could sneak up on teams is S.H. Top notch QB and a no. of returnees from last season.
Old 08-14-17, 05:44 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
CJ was 6-4 last year and returns a number of starters from last year. Will be a good test for ML's inexperienced secondary. The Flyer's blitzes will have to hit home.

PH lost quite a bit from last year however it is a long trek to Hamler and they have a very successful veteran coach.
Uh CJ is a below average small school GCL member, who will be lucky to win 4 games this season. Uh if you want to be tested, schedule, Alter.
Old 08-15-17, 01:05 AM
All Ohio

tonka
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh CJ is a below average small school GCL member, who will be lucky to win 4 games this season. Uh if you want to be tested, schedule, Alter.
Alter is much better than CJ but CJ does have some athletes. I agree with your statement though. If CJ is testing them week 1 then the MAC must be way down this year (which I don't think is the case).

My question is will a MAC school make the playoffs in DV or will they get beat up too much in the regular season and not get enough points?
Old 08-15-17, 04:12 AM
All Region

Quote:
What are your thoughts on the QB situation in FR?
The best QB may play JV all year.
Old 08-15-17, 07:39 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonka View Post
Alter is much better than CJ but CJ does have some athletes. I agree with your statement though. If CJ is testing them week 1 then the MAC must be way down this year (which I don't think is the case).

My question is will a MAC school make the playoffs in DV or will they get beat up too much in the regular season and not get enough points?
I believe the ML-CJ game to be close, would not even surprise me if CJ won. The Flyers QB did not play football last season, 4 new starters on o-line, 2 new rb's, all new receivers on offense. 2 if not 3 new starters on d-line, 3 new starters at lb, 3 new starters in sec. I expect ML to struggle some what beginning of the season but to improve as the season progresses. Hopefully it will be cooler temperatures this year than last seasons game.
Old 08-15-17, 07:41 AM
All American

Quote:
The best QB may play JV all year.
Very difficult to play a freshman at QB in the MAC.
Old 08-15-17, 08:02 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Very difficult to play a freshman at QB in the MAC.
I agree and I am not complaining about the decision if there was a decision. It worked out pretty well with Martin.
Old 08-15-17, 03:37 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I agree and I am not complaining about the decision if there was a decision. It worked out pretty well with Martin.
Wasn't Kahlig a Varsity QB as a Freshman?

I would play the best player regardless of age. I don't know that is necessarily Schmitz. I'm just saying that I wouldn't worry about age.

Regardless of who the QB is, the Tribe needs to line up big and pound the rock 45 times a game behind that monster line.
Old 08-17-17, 08:19 PM
Varsity

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Absolutely. Shane Homan played running back #9. He's a sophomore. As far as freshman is concerned idk who that would be. The freshman Qb Myles Blasingame though I do hear has some talent. Didn't see him throw though, I left before the freshmen played. I doubt that's who people were talking about. I wish Cavfootball.com had the 2017 roster on it.
UPDATE: Cavfootball.com is now updated for the 2017 season for people who care to know.