Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Professional Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-28-17, 09:51 PM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Or Chicago or Miami or Boston or any big market. I think the NY thing is overblown. I don't think the media is desperate for something they've never had: a contender in NY. The Knicks (because come on, no one has mentioned the Nets when they talk about LeBron to NYC) have had 2 years where they made the finals since the early 70s.
The media is desperate for a winner in NYC, since all of the headquarters are there. They want the good old days when the Knicks were on national television every weekend. More than any other place, they believe New York is entitled to a champion.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-17, 04:45 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
http://fox8.com/2017/09/25/lebron-ja...avent-changed/
Old 10-01-17, 07:56 AM
All Yappi

eastside_purple is infamous around these parts
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastside_purple View Post
Quote:
Awhole lot of people approved of James’s tweet: It got 1.5 million likes and was retweeted more than 650,000 times, which smashed his previous Twitter marks. But, as should be expected in today’s disharmonious political climate, there also was some blowback. Cavs owner Dan Gilbert saw and heard it firsthand.

“I received voice mails after LeBron tweeted that were some of the most vile, disgusting, racist [messages],” Gilbert said Friday on CNBC’s “Squawk Box.” “There’s an element of racism that I didn’t even realize existed in this country this much.

“The thing is, I mean, some of the most disgusting things I’ve ever heard people say,” Gilbert continued. “And you could hear it in their voice — the racism. It wasn’t even really about the issue, and that’s what really got me, because they went to who they really are, some of them.”
Hardly shocking.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.0348abc959f8
Old 10-01-17, 09:52 AM
All Yappi

cjb56 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah, I'm sure there was plenty of blowback from his ill-advised tweet, same as Trump gets from his ill-advised tweets, but I also believe it's in Gilbert's best interest to show solidarity with his meal ticket, LeBron...so I'm not quite going to take Dan at his word. He might just be stretching the truth a bit on the volume and tone of the calls. He didn't make billions by being a dumbazz. He is wise to try to get on LeBron's good side.
Old 10-01-17, 10:09 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjb56 View Post
Yeah, I'm sure there was plenty of blowback from his ill-advised tweet, same as Trump gets from his ill-advised tweets, but I also believe it's in Gilbert's best interest to show solidarity with his meal ticket, LeBron...so I'm not quite going to take Dan at his word. He might just be stretching the truth a bit on the volume and tone of the calls. He didn't make billions by being a dumbazz. He is wise to try to get on LeBron's good side.
So Gilbertís making it up? That would be hilarious. If only he had to, but we all know there is no shortage of vitriol and racial hate in this country.
Old 10-01-17, 10:22 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
So Gilbertís making it up? That would be hilarious. If only he had to, but we all know there is no shortage of vitriol and racial hate in this country.
Let's just say that I believe it's in his best interest to do anything to appeal to LeBron in his free agent season. I'm thinking some truth to it, but with a healthy dose of embellishment.

There is no shortage of vitriol and racial hate among almost all race groupings in this nation, but a lot of the frontline race issues today are petty and ridiculous compared to the seriously consequential race issues of generations past.
Old 10-01-17, 10:38 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Let's just say that I believe it's in his best interest to do anything to appeal to LeBron in his free agent season. I'm thinking some truth to it, but with a healthy dose of embellishment.

There is no shortage of vitriol and racial hate among almost all race groupings in this nation, but a lot of the frontline race issues today are petty and ridiculous compared to the seriously consequential race issues of generations past.
Haha, okay. I guess if you mean itís not socially acceptable to enslave, hang, or segregate then sure, I guess.
Old 10-01-17, 10:50 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Haha, okay. I guess if you mean itís not socially acceptable to enslave, hang, or segregate then sure, I guess.
Those were serious consequences of racism that we have overcome. The race issues of today pale in comparison to those things.
Old 10-01-17, 11:06 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Those were serious consequences of racism that we have overcome. The race issues of today pale in comparison to those things.
So they should shut up and be happy those things no longer happen on the regular, right?
Old 10-01-17, 11:11 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
So they should shut up and be happy those things no longer happen on the regular, right?
Everyone should be very happy those things no longer happen.

As for today's issues...and this applies to all of us...the solutions most often come from within. Clean up your own yard and help make the world a better place.
Old 10-01-17, 01:11 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Everyone should be very happy those things no longer happen.

As for today's issues...and this applies to all of us...the solutions most often come from within. Clean up your own yard and help make the world a better place.
That sounds nice.
Old 10-01-17, 09:11 PM
All World

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Anyone who doubts Gilbert's claim has never spent a minute in the comments section of twitter/youtube/etc.
Old 10-03-17, 10:53 AM
All World

Raymo is on a distinguished road
And the new man starting in the middle,Love it...maybe double figures from the center finally...BAM!
Old 02-05-18, 11:53 AM
All World

Arrogate is on a distinguished road
Will ask again.....

Will he leave Cleveland
Old 02-05-18, 11:59 AM
All World

He'd be insane to stay. The team is a dumpster fire with an aging roster.
Old 02-05-18, 12:07 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallmadge H2 dad View Post

People have lost their minds. He has NO reason to leave. His roots are here. His kids go to school here. His foundation is here. He has more money than he can ever spend. His remaining years will be solidifying his legacy. That means championships. There are about 2 teams with a real chance to win a championship, and he's on one of them. No way does LeBron leave again, especially to a rebuilding Lakers team. Everyone loves to stir the pot.
Had GSW lost the Finals, this would be about Durant leaving.
Old 02-05-18, 12:07 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
He won't leave. Anyone who thinks he will is just a freaking idiot. He just wants the absolute max deal and for people to beg and beg him to stay and do other places to clamor over him. He just wants the attention. He will be back with a vengeance and bring the title back next year.

That you can guarentee.

So let it be written, so it shall be done.
Old 02-05-18, 12:10 PM
All World

To the quotes above I am interested to hear your opinions now
Old 02-05-18, 02:15 PM
All Yappi

Madge and voice.
Old 02-05-18, 02:30 PM
All World

14Red is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrogate View Post
Will ask again.....

Will he leave Cleveland
I don't think there is any way he stays. Now I'll follow that up with I believe he's done as much to make this chaotic as anyone else. I'm not sure we've seen a superstar who is constantly involved in drama.
Old 02-05-18, 02:43 PM
All World

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14Red View Post
I don't think there is any way he stays. Now I'll follow that up with I believe he's done as much to make this chaotic as anyone else. I'm not sure we've seen a superstar who is constantly involved in drama.
Did you miss the entirety of Kobe Bryant's career?
Old 02-05-18, 03:20 PM
All Yappi

adselder09 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
Did you miss the entirety of Kobe Bryant's career?
Very true. The media just wasn't as into the off-the-court drama during the majority of his career, like they are now.
Old 02-05-18, 03:50 PM
All Yappi

clarkgriswold will become famous soon enoughclarkgriswold will become famous soon enough
I said he wouldn't leave last time and he proved me wrong. Once bitten, twice shy. Sure looks like he's playing his way out of town now.
Old 02-05-18, 06:02 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkgriswold View Post
I said he wouldn't leave last time and he proved me wrong. Once bitten, twice shy. Sure looks like he's playing his way out of town now.
And go where? Any one that can afford him sucks...or will once they gut the roster to fit him in. Going West to lose before the Finals seems pretty dumb.
Old 02-05-18, 06:46 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
Any one that can afford him sucks...or will once they gut the roster to fit him in.
A.) Cleveland's roster sucks, and is old. He could at the least go to a roster that sucks and is young.

B.) Philadelphia has room to add a max player without moving anyone of importance. Adding Lebron to the already best young roster in the league would certainly be the move if his only goal was to win a couple more titles before he retires.

C.) The Lakers could add two max players. Adding Lebron & Cousins/George to their young nucleus would also be a nice roster for Lebron to have around him as he enters the last stage of his career.
Old 02-05-18, 07:03 PM
All Yappi

What would 14red do if James joined the Sixers? Lol.
Old 02-05-18, 07:12 PM
All World

What would he do if he joined the Lakers with Lonzo? Talk about a total whine fest the whole time. Plus LaVar ball would become unbearable to him because of their imminent success.

I thought the Lakers couldn't add two max players if they didn't move Dang? If they are able to go after two who would you want between George and Boogie? I thinks that's a tough call.
Old 02-05-18, 11:05 PM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
I, for one , would be delighted if he leaves. You can blame the roster woes directly on him,as he has said he only wants to play with people he trusts. so, no young players, just the old ones, who don't have the stamina, nor the fire they need to compete nightly. He pulled the same stuff the first time. It's following the exact pattern. he sulks and takes plays off. Seriously, let him go. Yes, the roster will suffer,as all of the senior citizens will leave, but it can be built up again. All he says is ," My team, my guys," as if he is their monarch. But, where is he, now that they are playing badly? Isn't he in charge? No, the man is totally self-centered and should just say farewell and not come back.
Old 02-06-18, 05:43 AM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
I, for one , would be delighted if he leaves. You can blame the roster woes directly on him,as he has said he only wants to play with people he trusts. so, no young players, just the old ones, who don't have the stamina, nor the fire they need to compete nightly. He pulled the same stuff the first time. It's following the exact pattern. he sulks and takes plays off. Seriously, let him go. Yes, the roster will suffer,as all of the senior citizens will leave, but it can be built up again. All he says is ," My team, my guys," as if he is their monarch. But, where is he, now that they are playing badly? Isn't he in charge? No, the man is totally self-centered and should just say farewell and not come back.
Although I can't say I'd be delighted, I think there is a lot of truth in your post. The whole team follows his cues.

After the roster moves like getting the softest 4 in the league the first time around, I understand why he feels the need to keep leverage on ownership. That said, demanding moves without a look ahead, just to make moves, is stupid if they can't put you over the top. Old guys with holes in their games are NO answer for the Warriors new NBA.
Old 02-06-18, 10:08 AM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
Yeah I can't wait till he leaves and the Cavs become Sacramento. Watching those lottery balls is more exciting than competing for titles. You must really enjoy the current state of the Browns.