Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 06-05-18, 05:55 PM
All Yappi

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
That is good for Franklin. Look out
Uh Franklin,Madison, and everybody else.
Old 06-08-18, 01:30 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Monroe football program in flux with Faulk's departure, Stubbs' return

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...UExaMtruJSArL/
Old 06-12-18, 01:28 PM
Junior Varsity

jpatt6879 is on a distinguished road
This is the year of the polar bear scare!!!!!!!! Bob"the warrior" smith has his bears ready111111
Old 06-18-18, 02:57 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Polar Bear scare... lol. They are due though. MU has Pearce back as HC and they return some talent. But as much as it pains me, hoser is right. Madison will be loaded this year. Anything is possible. Go Dogs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 06-18-18, 04:37 PM
All District

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
Polar Bear alum here. We had some really good teams back in 88-89. Bob Smith was actually the DB coach. I cant believe he is still coaching. He has to have one of the worst records in the history of Ohio High School Football.
I know Northridge has its issues but they should be able to be competitive. They should have cleaned house a decade ago but I don't think they really care about winning.
Old 06-18-18, 05:20 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
Polar Bear alum here. We had some really good teams back in 88-89. Bob Smith was actually the DB coach. I cant believe he is still coaching. He has to have one of the worst records in the history of Ohio High School Football.
I know Northridge has its issues but they should be able to be competitive. They should have cleaned house a decade ago but I don't think they really care about winning.
Uh Franklin,Valleyview,Bellbrook and Madison and everybody else. If Madison can beat Franklin ,I see an undefeated season for the Mohawks.
Old 06-18-18, 07:41 PM
All Ohio

Franklincats02 is on a distinguished road
Looks like Franklin could have a big O-line this season with the likes of Etter, Mattox, Figliola and maybe Hale and Back. Don't know much about the last two.
Old 06-20-18, 07:59 PM
All Region

Spartan119 is on a distinguished road
Spartans will be down nice depth but young. Lost too many playmakers and 3 year starters. However never count out a Skid Coached team. I predict Madison steam rolls franklin in a D5 > D3 embarrassment. Only thing that gives franklin a chance is depth franklin just so much bigger. If Madison isnít healthy and being at home with franklin officials serving up that Home cooking. Keep an eye on bellbrook but until they step up canít buy in regardless of who they have coming back. Donít know anything about the buckeye except Madison but that division looked like they fell off greatly last year Milton Union with 2 or 3 wins after being a playoff team and carlisle only beating the bottom dwellers. Never know when brookville or Monroe will show up.
Old 06-20-18, 10:19 PM
All District

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
VV needs a big time QB (Keating, Strayer, Beuhner). That was always the key to their success. Niswongerís teams wore the other teams to death. Without the QB they can perform well in the swbl, but the playoffs are a dead end.
Old 06-25-18, 05:23 PM
All American

eagle172 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eagle172
People Kill me # 1 Referees are not Franklin referees no more than any other school. The Refs are assigned by a league assigner that is selected and approved by the AD's of all the league schools. And , Franklin will give Madison all they can Handle.........no steam roll in this game.
Old 06-25-18, 07:04 PM
All Region

Spartan119 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle172 View Post
People Kill me # 1 Referees are not Franklin referees no more than any other school. The Refs are assigned by a league assigner that is selected and approved by the AD's of all the league schools. And , Franklin will give Madison all they can Handle.........no steam roll in this game.
Will the D3 school biggest team in the league give D5 Madison all they can handle? Well I sure would hope so cause that would be embarrassing if they got smoked. So no franklin alum and or friends of the community ref franklin games?
Old 06-26-18, 02:13 PM
All American

eagle172 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eagle172
I didn't say that, there are some Franklin alum on crews ,but they don't select the schools that they will be calling games on Friday nights. The league assigners place them before the season starts. I believe that they all know already where they are scheduled for the entire upcoming season.
Old 06-26-18, 04:32 PM
All Region

BBfootball92 is an unknown quantity at this point
Franklin will not get smoked and very well could win the game . Their still talented and a much larger school . Love how people start sleeping on a team that been consistent the past 3-5 years regardless of Montgomery. I know Madison is and will be good but their not an alter , the size game will play a factor . I see it being similar to this Carlisle games when they were loaded, they still weren’t deep enough come end of game
Old 06-26-18, 05:55 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfootball92 View Post
Franklin will not get smoked and very well could win the game . Their still talented and a much larger school . Love how people start sleeping on a team that been consistent the past 3-5 years regardless of Montgomery. I know Madison is and will be good but their not an alter , the size game will play a factor . I see it being similar to this Carlisle games when they were loaded, they still werenít deep enough come end of game
Uh, I think Franklins depth and their QB will win this game.Madison is loaded but they are going to play a lot of kids both ways.Franklin will probably be a 2 platoon team maybe 1 or 2 kids both ways. Franklins QB is gonna be a bigtime player, one of the best in SW Ohio. Franklins LBs are outstanding.
Old 06-27-18, 02:36 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh, I think Franklins depth and their QB will win this game.Madison is loaded but they are going to play a lot of kids both ways.Franklin will probably be a 2 platoon team maybe 1 or 2 kids both ways. Franklins QB is gonna be a bigtime player, one of the best in SW Ohio. Franklins LBs are outstanding.
Madison plays very few kids both ways. especially on the line where that really counts.
Old 06-27-18, 04:10 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dograt View Post
Madison plays very few kids both ways. especially on the line where that really counts.
Uh really I know Svarda never leaves the field and 2 or 3 linemen play both ways. Uh perhaps you could enlightened us with names.
Old 06-28-18, 10:23 PM
All Region

Quote:
Uh really I know Svarda never leaves the field and 2 or 3 linemen play both ways. Uh perhaps you could enlightened us with names.
I 2nd this .
And yes franklin qb is stud and I believe was only a sophomore last year, kid has poise, makes great decisions and can flat out sling it .
Madison will have their hands full . U saw what Vv did to them last year . Wouldn’t base a lot off of their d5 run. They run buckeye tho , it’s weak, time for realignment.
Brookville needs to bounce over and they need Milton to get back to being Milton . Would help If way Waynesville was at least solid not even asking for luke credit waynesville just solid . Don’t know what’s going on in Carlisle guess their due for low tide after riding the high tide for awhile
Old 06-29-18, 05:16 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
I 2nd this .
And yes franklin qb is stud and I believe was only a sophomore last year, kid has poise, makes great decisions and can flat out sling it .
Madison will have their hands full . U saw what Vv did to them last year . Wouldnít base a lot off of their d5 run. They run buckeye tho , itís weak, time for realignment.
Brookville needs to bounce over and they need Milton to get back to being Milton . Would help If way Waynesville was at least solid not even asking for luke credit waynesville just solid . Donít know whatís going on in Carlisle guess their due for low tide after riding the high tide for awhile
Uh before all the injuries last season, Franklin was the best team I saw all year.
Old 06-29-18, 07:39 PM
All Yappi

Being in the Buckeye hasn't helped Milton. The stronger competition in the SW made MU stronger. But that's not my call.
Brookville is smaller than almost all of the Buckeye teams but they are in the SW. Actually, based on size, Northridge should be over there. But that won't happen. Madison would be a good fit.
Old 07-01-18, 08:19 AM
Varsity

srv2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Being in the Buckeye hasn't helped Milton. The stronger competition in the SW made MU stronger. But that's not my call.
Brookville is smaller than almost all of the Buckeye teams but they are in the SW. Actually, based on size, Northridge should be over there. But that won't happen. Madison would be a good fit.
Are you saying that MU would do better against better competition in the big division? I think MU would never have a shot at winning a league title there.

The only team from down under who would have a shot at a title in the big division would be Madison over the last several years. However, with the cyclical nature of teams and successes, they wouldn't hold up over time. I think what MU's problem has been lately is what plagues most programs over time, a lack of talent-lack of numbers-some bad coaching decisions or personnel moves etc.

Not a bash against MU, as I think they have been solid for years, but for the SWBL in general. Look at how things play out. VV is down, and then they start getting hot and they are the favorite. In a few years they will be back to average. Waynesville was dominate and due to circumstances (see above list) they are down now. PS had a boatload of talent and good coaching, this year the cupboard is gonna be bare. Eaton in the past was full of studs, now that can't get out of their own way.

In the SWBL you have to play with the hand you are dealt. Every school in both divisions have had those stud years of players that have moved thru and then they drop off. A complete re-alignment and adding or dropping schools to the league would be kind of nice for travel and helping the small schools, but I really don't ever see anything drastic happening in the near OR distant future.
Old 07-01-18, 11:00 AM
All District

Sledgehammer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I 2nd this .
Madison will have their hands full . U saw what Vv did to them last year . Wouldnít base a lot off of their d5 run. They run buckeye tho , itís weak, time for realignment.
Brookville needs to bounce over and they need Milton to get back to being Milton . Would help If way Waynesville was at least solid not even asking for luke credit waynesville just solid . Donít know whatís going on in Carlisle guess their due for low tide after riding the high tide for awhile
Realignment? You mean re-shuffling or removing? May be time to split completely.
Old 07-01-18, 07:01 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sledgehammer View Post
Realignment? You mean re-shuffling or removing? May be time to split completely.
Uh hopefully, Talawanda, Ross, and Edgewood will be entered in the SWBL large school division.
Old 07-01-18, 07:31 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
How about:
Bellbrook
Franklin
Monroe
Trotwood
Edgewood
Ross
Talawanda
Xenia all form a new league

WC joins the SWBL:
SW-VV,Eaton,Oakwood,Madison,WC, Brookville
Buckeye-Waynesville, Dixie, Northridge, Milton Union, Shawnee, Carlisle

leaves the new GWOC North with an 8 team league
UH trotwood in the SWBL, will never, I repeat,will never happen.
Old 07-02-18, 07:31 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by srv2 View Post
Are you saying that MU would do better against better competition in the big division? I think MU would never have a shot at winning a league title there.

The only team from down under who would have a shot at a title in the big division would be Madison over the last several years. However, with the cyclical nature of teams and successes, they wouldn't hold up over time. I think what MU's problem has been lately is what plagues most programs over time, a lack of talent-lack of numbers-some bad coaching decisions or personnel moves etc.

Not a bash against MU, as I think they have been solid for years, but for the SWBL in general. Look at how things play out. VV is down, and then they start getting hot and they are the favorite. In a few years they will be back to average. Waynesville was dominate and due to circumstances (see above list) they are down now. PS had a boatload of talent and good coaching, this year the cupboard is gonna be bare. Eaton in the past was full of studs, now that can't get out of their own way.

In the SWBL you have to play with the hand you are dealt. Every school in both divisions have had those stud years of players that have moved thru and then they drop off. A complete re-alignment and adding or dropping schools to the league would be kind of nice for travel and helping the small schools, but I really don't ever see anything drastic happening in the near OR distant future.
I don't believe I stated that. But when we were in the SW we were a stronger program. Who can deny what MU has done over the last several years? Madison has had a couple of good years but after this year, which will be a great one, they might slack off too. Lane did a good job but I think Pearce will bring MU back up to that previous standard. Madison just won their first league title last season.
I feel that MU benefited from stronger competition, not that we would do better, but the better competition makes you better.

Oh, SWBL will lose at least two current members within 5 years. Bank on it.
Old 07-02-18, 01:07 PM
Varsity

srv2 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I don't believe I stated that. But when we were in the SW we were a stronger program. Who can deny what MU has done over the last several years? Madison has had a couple of good years but after this year, which will be a great one, they might slack off too. Lane did a good job but I think Pearce will bring MU back up to that previous standard. Madison just won their first league title last season.
I feel that MU benefited from stronger competition, not that we would do better, but the better competition makes you better.

Oh, SWBL will lose at least two current members within 5 years. Bank on it.
Who do you think will drop?
Old 07-02-18, 04:06 PM
All Ohio

dograt is on a distinguished road
Quote:
UH trotwood in the SWBL, will never, I repeat,will never happen.
good. because in the post you quoted. Bellbrook, Franklin, and Monroe LEAVE the SWBL starting a new league with Trotwood, Xenia, Ross, Edgewood, and Talawanda. Nobody said T'wood to the SWBL.

Since the beginning of the SWBL, when teams have grown too large, they've moved on (Northmont, Trotwood, Butler 1975. Greenville 1981. etc) I wonder if it's time for Franklin and Bellbrook?
Old 07-02-18, 05:13 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
good. because in the post you quoted. Bellbrook, Franklin, and Monroe LEAVE the SWBL starting a new league with Trotwood, Xenia, Ross, Edgewood, and Talawanda. Nobody said T'wood to the SWBL.

Since the beginning of the SWBL, when teams have grown too large, they've moved on (Northmont, Trotwood, Butler 1975. Greenville 1981. etc) I wonder if it's time for Franklin and Bellbrook?
Uh Trotwood and Xenia will never be in a league with current members of the SWBL. Uh write it down and take it to the bank, aint happen.
Old 07-02-18, 05:45 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by srv2 View Post
Who do you think will drop?
My guess is Franklin and Bellbrook. Maybe add Monroe.
Old 07-02-18, 06:10 PM
All District

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
My guess is Franklin and Bellbrook. Maybe add Monroe.
Why would Bellbrook leave; they cannot even win the swbl. Is there a league lower?
Old 07-02-18, 10:23 PM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
Why would Bellbrook leave; they cannot even win the swbl. Is there a league lower?
Lol weíve won ample of league titles and just won one a few years ago , if franklin and valley view wouldnít of had loaded teams the past 2 years with next level athletes we would of taken home titles , any other years in league those teams would of got it done .
But with that being said I donít want to see us or Franklin leave , Iíd like to see 2-3 teams added and even some other teams added to the buckeye side so the crossover would have more implications and meaning .
And if u go off of history , records , league titles and playoff runs , Milton was WAY more successful in big side of league . Numbers prove that . Certain programs play of to complete and down to comp , donít know why that is but it is .
Xenia wouldnít be a crazy fit , like some believe , they would have some years where theyíd be a lot better but so has bb, vv and franklin .
The series bb had with Xenia was fun except for 2 seasons (xenia won big) other then that you had 2 double overtime games , 2 triple overtime games and 1 overtime game .
It would raise the level of play in league and also give Xenia life .
Tipp would be great to have too