Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 07-03-18, 07:15 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
I'm thinking Bellbrook and Franklin leave OR Milton and Brookville bolt for a small school side to the new league being formed by former GWOC teams. But again, it's all heresay until it happens.
Old 07-04-18, 11:23 PM
All Region

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfootball92 View Post
Lol we’ve won ample of league titles and just won one a few years ago , if franklin and valley view wouldn’t of had loaded teams the past 2 years with next level athletes we would of taken home titles , any other years in league those teams would of got it done .
But with that being said I don’t want to see us or Franklin leave , I’d like to see 2-3 teams added and even some other teams added to the buckeye side so the crossover would have more implications and meaning .
And if u go off of history , records , league titles and playoff runs , Milton was WAY more successful in big side of league . Numbers prove that . Certain programs play of to complete and down to comp , don’t know why that is but it is .
Xenia wouldn’t be a crazy fit , like some believe , they would have some years where they’d be a lot better but so has bb, vv and franklin .
The series bb had with Xenia was fun except for 2 seasons (xenia won big) other then that you had 2 double overtime games , 2 triple overtime games and 1 overtime game .
It would raise the level of play in league and also give Xenia life .
Tipp would be great to have too
There are a lot of great games in the swbl, every year. I like watching any of the great games in SW Ohio. As far as another league is concerned, I just did not have an idea where B.B. would go. For decades I have expected B.B. to be the dominant team, in that league, in multiple sports. Hopefully, they can stay in the swbl and be everyone’s rivalry and play exciting games throughout the season.
Old 07-05-18, 03:03 PM
All Yappi

I'm pushing for a partnership between the MAC and the SWBL. It's well known that the MAC is the elite when it comes to HS sports in Ohio.
Currently there are some teams that have taken on the MAC but I would like to see, Franklin, Valley View, Oakwood, Milton-Union, Brookville, Carlisle, Waynesville and Madison challenge the MAC. VV is currently playing vs Ft. Recovery and Eaton has scheduled St. Henry in the past.
I would love to see MU vs. Minster, Franklin vs. Marion Local, Oakwood vs. Versailles, Brookville vs. Fort Recovery, Valley View vs. Coldwater...thoughts?
Old 07-05-18, 03:37 PM
All Region

HardCorps is on a distinguished road
I watched Valley View vs Coldwater in the playoffs many years ago. The Cavaliers hit them in the mouth early and often on offense and defense. Plus, their crowd was nuts.
Old 07-05-18, 05:08 PM
Moderated User

hoser can only hope to improve
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
I'm pushing for a partnership between the MAC and the SWBL. It's well known that the MAC is the elite when it comes to HS sports in Ohio.
Currently there are some teams that have taken on the MAC but I would like to see, Franklin, Valley View, Oakwood, Milton-Union, Brookville, Carlisle, Waynesville and Madison challenge the MAC. VV is currently playing vs Ft. Recovery and Eaton has scheduled St. Henry in the past.
I would love to see MU vs. Minster, Franklin vs. Marion Local, Oakwood vs. Versailles, Brookville vs. Fort Recovery, Valley View vs. Coldwater...thoughts?
Uh I would argue there are 3 or 4 D1 leagues in the state that would absolutely destroy MAC teams. UH you can say the MAC is elite in the small school football leagues, but statewise aint happening.
Old 07-06-18, 07:52 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Uh I would argue there are 3 or 4 D1 leagues in the state that would absolutely destroy MAC teams. UH you can say the MAC is elite in the small school football leagues, but statewise aint happening.
If you don't think the MAC is elite with their success you're blind or ignorant. Comparing D1 to D6-7 is laughable. Although leave it up to someone like you to do that.
That post really isn't worth responding to.
Heck, let's compare D1 high school to D2 college using your theory.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 07-06-18, 07:53 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HardCorps View Post
I watched Valley View vs Coldwater in the playoffs many years ago. The Cavaliers hit them in the mouth early and often on offense and defense. Plus, their crowd was nuts.
That's Coldwater. I have relatives that live there and they are hard nosed kids with a tremendous work ethic.

Old 07-06-18, 04:40 PM
Freshman

65Card is on a distinguished road
BlessEmAll, I agree with you that the MAC is elite in the state; It matters not that some D-I teams would destroy MAC teams in football. But overall, I agree that the MAC reigns supreme in the state. BTW, do you think Hoser is in high school?
Old 07-06-18, 05:04 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Card View Post
BlessEmAll, I agree with you that the MAC is elite in the state; It matters not that some D-I teams would destroy MAC teams in football. But overall, I agree that the MAC reigns supreme in the state. BTW, do you think Hoser is in high school?
Unfortunately, no I don't. 🤣🤣

Old 07-10-18, 03:06 PM
All Ohio

PicktownBandDad is on a distinguished road
Milton Union Preview

https://www.mydaytondailynews.com/sp...wspaper_email&
Old 07-10-18, 03:27 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by PicktownBandDad View Post
Thanks. The Dogs will be thin this year but Pearce will regenerate that program.

Old 07-10-18, 03:30 PM
All Yappi

When are the scrimmages this year for SWBL schools?

Old 07-12-18, 01:08 PM
All District

borntopin is on a distinguished road
Quote:
If you don't think the MAC is elite with their success you're blind or ignorant. Comparing D1 to D6-7 is laughable. Although leave it up to someone like you to do that.

I think you are both right. Mac is an excellent conference and elite when talking about "small school football". Do you think anyone in the GMC or GCL has heard of or watched any MAC football or basketball games? Highly doubt it but it doesn't mean they are not an "elite small school conference". They have the trophies to prove it. I just don't get all the MAC love on a SWBL thread over the years. A couple of people mentioned how Versailles has been average or below average the past 5 years plus and a couple of reg SWBL posters got all defensive about it. It was hilarious. If you have a grandson or family member playing in the MAC I get it but come on. The vast majority of people viewing the SWBL threads could care less about the MAC unless they are about to play them in the playoffs like Madison did last year. I remember all these regular SWBL posters saying how Anna was going to thrash the Mohawks. They got a big piece of humble pie that night.

Should be a fun year for the SWBL. I think the SW side is wide open and nearly impossible to pick a champ this early. Madison has the toughest non conference schedules in the whole SWBL this year on paper. They are going to be challenged early and often. Hopefully they can get through the gauntlet injury free and make another title run.
Old 07-14-18, 01:01 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Unfortunately, no I don't. 🤣🤣

Uh actually it is Dr. Hoser PHD in Ohio high school footballology. Uh minor in the science of love.
Old 07-14-18, 01:08 PM
Moderated User

Quote:

Uh nah if you think D5 and 6 teams , can hang with the big boys in the state, you are not blind or ignorant, you are stupid.
Old 07-14-18, 01:22 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65Card View Post
UH, come back when you grow up boy your still livin in a make believe world. Uh what does the term "elite" means to you "Mactosis" victims?
Old 07-16-18, 09:16 AM
All American

eagle172 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eagle172
Football?

Does anyone want to talk football on here or, just discuss what could be ,should Be?? I saw that most schools have the first scrimmages on Aug. 7th. Beavercreek has Franklin coming up that day. I saw a roster for Franklin on Max-Preps and they have 98 kids listed including freshmen.Several schools numbers are on the decline but it looks like interest is high for the 'Cats.
Old 07-18-18, 10:52 AM
All Ohio

Franklincats02 is on a distinguished road
Franklin had those kind of numbers when Kennard was playing. 25 kids a class is impressive. Anyone know why the Franklin vs Madison game is on a Thursday night?
Old 07-18-18, 06:28 PM
Moderated User

Quote:

Uh MAC teams are elite in small school football in the state. UH MAC teams would have no chance against the top 30 teams in the state regardless of division. Uh its called numbers and depth. Size, speed,and athletic ability, just look at the track and field records in the divisions. D1 schools own almost every state record.
Old 07-18-18, 06:32 PM
All Yappi

That's why they rank Marion Local in the top 5 every year.
Old 07-18-18, 07:03 PM
Moderated User

Quote:
That's why they rank Marion Local in the top 5 every year.
Uh if "they" have Marion Local that high,"they" are stupid. Uh I did see a couple of polls that had Marion Local in the top 20, but that doesn't make it so.Most MAC teams play 7 or 8 kids both ways and almost all the bigtime schools are 2 platoon.If you cant see the advantage of this, you are stupid.
Old 07-21-18, 11:35 AM
All Ohio

Franklincats02 is on a distinguished road
https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...h6faRCoUnoIIK/
Old 07-22-18, 05:53 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
SW preseason poll

SWBL Southwestern football: Valley View, Franklin share top spot in poll

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...M17rNch9qYBJL/
Old 07-22-18, 06:46 PM
All World

Indiandad is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoser View Post
Only 33 of the leagues 128 State Titles have come in Football. Apparently they are elite in other sports as well.
Old 07-22-18, 11:04 PM
All Region

Spartan119 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indiandad View Post
Only 33 of the leagues 128 State Titles have come in Football. Apparently they are elite in other sports as well.
Nobody cares in Ohio there’s 1 Football 2 Football 3 Football 4 Football 5 basketball 6 everything else

Last edited by Spartan119; 07-23-18 at 05:52 AM.
Old 07-23-18, 12:28 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
SWBL Buckeye

SWBL Buckeye football: Madison voted unanimous No. 1 in bid to repeat

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...KO3yP02niSYGJ/
Old 07-23-18, 08:16 PM
All Ohio

CHS91 is on a distinguished road
Madison rolls on to an undefeated season at 10-0
Carlisle i see being a 5-5 or even a 4-6 team this year with the lack of experience.

I believe Madison makes another deep run in the playoffs. Looks like the SWBL will be down overall as a whole. That's just my opinion. I see Madison being the overall best team in the entire league.
Old 07-24-18, 10:21 AM
All District

NewBlood is on a distinguished road
Franklin QB

A report was in paper that the QB situation is a serious competition ..Woods is the returning QB but another kid is said to be pushing hard to win the job according to the coach ...is this just coach speak to create competition or is there a real battle for the job ??? any insiders got info ? I know the parents of a few of the kids on the team but they aren't sure ...
Old 07-24-18, 11:04 AM
All American

eagle172 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eagle172
Perfect Season ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS91 View Post
Madison rolls on to an undefeated season at 10-0
Carlisle i see being a 5-5 or even a 4-6 team this year with the lack of experience.

I believe Madison makes another deep run in the playoffs. Looks like the SWBL will be down overall as a whole. That's just my opinion. I see Madison being the overall best team in the entire league.
10-0 is a good goal and they may pull it off, but starting off with Franklin will not be an easy task at all.The 'Cats are also play off tested with a lot of experience on both sides of the ball and will be ready. I see that the game is on a Thursday. If I was Madison I would try to move the game to Barnitz Stadium and promote it. I think it would be a great $$$ move if they could pull it off.
Old 07-24-18, 02:34 PM
All District

triple option is on a distinguished road
Lots of returners for Bellbrook coming back, surprised there's not more excitement coming out of their camp. I'm thinking the Bellbrook/Massie jamboree game will give a good look at where both programs are at this year. Obviously its early in the season but a good match for both, especially with the Bellbrook coach Jenkins have Massie ties.