Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Admin > Stow Bulldogs

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-24-09, 07:31 PM
All World

oldline70
Garfield Hts at Stow

Can Stow pull off the "W"? Does anyone in Yappiland besides me, HEAVYDAD and LostWarrior care?

One thing is for sure, a Bulldogs team WILL win this game. Just hope it's the right one.

C'mon Stow, turn it around as we head toward the second half of the season! It's not too late to salvage a nice season even though we're looking at 0-4.
Old 09-24-09, 08:25 PM
Freshman

StowFan is on a distinguished road
A 2nd Chance

I agree with you Oldline 70 - Stow does have a chance to turn this season around. Let's not forget that #5 played his first full game at Medina and had over 180 yds rushing on 20 carries - an 8.5 yard average (with a torn hammy). He also had 190+ yards against Garfield Heights last year when they had Melvin Fellows on their D.

My opinion - Stow needs to be more creative on offense - run some mis-direction, run some delayed flair patterns in the flats, try some underneath patterns with the tight end coming across from the strong side with a naked bootleg. I would not hand the ball to #5 off tackle the first two downs every series as everyone in the stadium knows it's coming. I'm sure Garfield remembers last year. We just don't have the hogs on the O-line to run it down their throats. He may be more valuable as a decoy.

I too am hoping for a big game and a turnaround mid-year. Their defense overall has played well this year. They just need to get some sustained drives on offense.
Old 09-25-09, 07:09 AM
All World

oldline70
I'd have to agree with your assessment, StowFan. Stow doesn't seem to have the big earthmover-type linemen - so they've got to be a bit more unpredictable in their gameplan. I've loved how the defense has performed, and Stow seems to have some kids who like to hit and who like to play football.

Overall I like Stow's chaces tonight and for the rest of the season.
Old 09-26-09, 09:47 AM
All World

oldline70
And...Stow loses a game it could have won, 27-14 in front of a home crowd at Bulldog Stadium.

I'm flabbergasted at this game. Stow actually was ahead in the first half and somehow, someway, let G Heights come back and win this thing. I'm not someone who calls people out on message boards, but did Stow want this game? It seems week after week they play hard in the first half only to lose it in the second half.

I think Markulis has to be about half dead by now. He hurt his leg, the one that's been giving him trouble all season, again and even ewent out there on the next series and came off after a play or two. Doesn't a school the size of Stow have a capable backup for your #1 running back?

Where's the depth with this team? Where's the size? A school with 2000 kids should have reams of 220 + pound athletes who want to put a hurt on people. And your best athlete is in the wrong position! Get Duane Mitchell out as QB and move him somewhere outside where his athleticism actuall has a chance to hurt the other teams defense. And do it before he gets killed at QB because a couple times last night I was in fear for his life in the dropback position.

Stow's got some issues. Clearly the team's not what I thought they had a chance of being in Week1, and I think it's time to start finding people who can make big plays in the second half. I couldn't help leaning over to my honey during one of Stow's kick returns and saying "wish we had a Josh Cribbs running one of these back!!" Stow needs some spark, some electricity, where's the emotion?!? That #3 of Stow is about 5 feet tall but he's one of the most electric people on the team - he's fast, he's quick, he's elusive-get him the dang ball!! Now go find a few more people like that and bang, you've got an offense that scares people!

But to continue on with this madness, well...you might beat Falls.

I'm disappointed that this season could've been so much more.
Old 09-27-09, 02:25 PM
Freshman

LostWarrior is on a distinguished road
Those young bulldogs that read and write on yappi hold tough. it is always darkest before the dawn. Hopefully someone will see what is happening and make changes so this dawn can come. keep playin hard and don't give in to the haters in your school and your city. the people in the city are just frustrated and want to see the team win, and the haters in your school don't have the man hood to put themselves out there to play. this is a cry from the stow faithful- Mr. Tinkler please step down after the season honorably and let someone else try to turn this program around. we know you have lost the heart of the stow and of your school and it is leading to sub par stow football. maybe you were set up to fail but that doesn't matter anymore, you made an effort and come up short.- I wont pretend to know how to change this program around cause i wouldn't know where to start, but change is needed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: