Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Soccer

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 09-12-17, 04:55 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enough
Boys Soccer Scores (9/12)

Please post scores from Tuesday games here...
Sponsored Links
Old 09-12-17, 08:24 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Fairfield 3
Colerain 0

Indians raise their record to 5 - 0 - 1.
Old 09-13-17, 06:39 AM
Varsity

Zgerman is on a distinguished road
Centerville over Lebanon 2-0
Old 09-13-17, 07:06 AM
Junior Varsity

Daytonsoccerfan is on a distinguished road
Chaminade Julienne 1
Roger Bacon 0
Old 09-13-17, 08:08 AM
All Region

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Mason 3- Lakota West 2

Mason rallies from a 2-0 deficit to beat Lakota West 3-2
Old 09-13-17, 09:13 AM
Varsity

Bearcat_phan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Mason 3- Lakota West 2

Mason rallies from a 2-0 deficit to beat Lakota West 3-2
Mason's very good despite their record as they've got many talented players but the deciding goal was robbery as there is no way they should've benefited from a injured player. The ref should've given the LW keeper the ball back to restart play rather than give Mason a free indirect kick from 35 yards out...it was obvious the keeper was waiting for the ref to tend to the injured player and half heartedly kicked it to stop play. Thats a horrible restart rule as Mason shouldn't have benefited from an injury. That's a rule that needs change immediately, it's a shame that the decisive goal came on that play as the ref can't feel good about how that played out.
Old 09-13-17, 09:24 AM
All American

ammtd34 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearcat_phan View Post
Mason's very good despite their record as they've got many talented players but the deciding goal was robbery as there is no way they should've benefited from a injured player. The ref should've given the LW keeper the ball back to restart play rather than give Mason a free indirect kick from 35 yards out...it was obvious the keeper was waiting for the ref to tend to the injured player and half heartedly kicked it to stop play. Thats a horrible restart rule as Mason shouldn't have benefited from an injury. That's a rule that needs change immediately, it's a shame that the decisive goal came on that play as the ref can't feel good about how that played out.
What happened here?
Old 09-13-17, 08:08 AM
All Region

iluvsnow is on a distinguished road
Bellbrook 1
Beavercreek 4

I attended this game. This is through the eyes of a Bellbrook fan, so for what it's worth. I took the night to think about this...but Beavercreek is a very serious contender for state champions in D-1. Big, extremely athletic and skilled. Play like a good college team. Bellbrook played a pack line defense and countered when they could. Were only down 2-1 half way through the second half...but wilted in the end. Creek is relentless. I have seen Centerville, Moeller, Carroll and others play this year...but Creek has my vote as top team in the state.
Old 09-13-17, 09:13 AM
All Yappi

winbypin is on a distinguished road
Dayton area (from DDN)
Alter 4, Badin 1

Beavercreek 4, Bellbrook 1

Carroll 6, McNicholas 0

Madison 1, Dixie 1

Milton Union 5, Carlisle 0

Twin Valley South 3, Stivers 0

Other scores from various sources (mostly GVIEW's post on another thread):

West Liberty 7, Miami East 3
Troy Christian 5, Botkins 0
Troy 6, Xenia 0
Fairmont 1, Burg 0
Old 09-14-17, 04:01 PM
Freshman

Mecha is on a distinguished road
As I watch the video, it was clearly offside and that should have been end of story with the game stopped for injury and free kick awarded to LW from offside location. I'm seeing that LW goalie punts the ball fairly quickly down field with the offside flag up and Mason player down...IMO there wasn't quite enough time for ref to determine if real injury prior to the punt. Regardless, the center ref and side ref should have consulted after play was blown dead and awarded LW a free kick at the offside location. That being said, you really can't fault Mason because they played the hand they were dealt.

Last edited by Mecha; 09-15-17 at 08:01 AM.. Reason: grammar Nazi
Old 09-15-17, 08:25 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mecha View Post
Regardless, the center ref and side ref should have consulted after play was blown dead and awarded LW a free kick at the offside location.
I'm not so sure about that. I'd have a problem with awarding an IFK after the goalkeeper was already allowed to put the ball back into play.
Old 09-15-17, 08:43 AM
All Region

Happygoluckky is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
I'm not so sure about that. I'd have a problem with awarding an IFK after the goalkeeper was already allowed to put the ball back into play.
Mason had the same thing happen in Oak Hills game. The ref explained that this is the rule in OHIO HS and gave Oak Hills a kick (which they defended)
Old 09-15-17, 09:04 AM
Freshman

oldtimer13579 is on a distinguished road
The fact that people are saying this is unsportsmanlike is absurd. These KIDS are 15-18 years old. The REF is the one who should control the game. Video shows a substantial amount of time for LW to recover and defend that free kick. Reffing this year throughout the city has been abysmal. Both coaches and all players should know that at this point. Both Mason players and LW players had enough time to set up for the free kick. The fact that people are calling others out for being unsportsmanlike is just dumb. LW recovered nicely with a win and Mason kept things going with a win over East. Both have to play Sycamore still and anything can happen in the GMC. There should be no calling out of unsportsmanlike play by either teams or coaches. Literally ridiculous. If free kick doesn't go in, are we still having this conversation about unsportsmanlike play? absolutely not.
Old 09-15-17, 04:18 PM
All District

steelboot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer13579 View Post
The fact that people are saying this is unsportsmanlike is absurd. These KIDS are 15-18 years old. The REF is the one who should control the game. Video shows a substantial amount of time for LW to recover and defend that free kick. Reffing this year throughout the city has been abysmal. Both coaches and all players should know that at this point. Both Mason players and LW players had enough time to set up for the free kick. The fact that people are calling others out for being unsportsmanlike is just dumb. LW recovered nicely with a win and Mason kept things going with a win over East. Both have to play Sycamore still and anything can happen in the GMC. There should be no calling out of unsportsmanlike play by either teams or coaches. Literally ridiculous. If free kick doesn't go in, are we still having this conversation about unsportsmanlike play? absolutely not.
Is the Mason coach 15-18 years old? Unsportsmanlike!!!
Old 09-15-17, 09:40 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Happygoluckky View Post
Mason had the same thing happen in Oak Hills game. The ref explained that this is the rule in OHIO HS and gave Oak Hills a kick (which they defended)
Did it happen the same way? Mason broke some sort of rule against Oak Hills that could have resulted in a free kick, but play was allowed to continue because of an advantage Oak Hills had, then a Mason player was injured so they decided to bring play back and restart the way they would have had the foul been whistled?

Or was Oak Hills given the restart simply because they were in possession of the ball?

That first situation seems completely incorrect if that's how it was applied.
Old 09-15-17, 04:16 PM
All District

steelboot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ammtd34 View Post
Happens all the time, ref doesn't see the flag play continues and then notices the flag and blows the whistle. So are you saying that if the ref doesn't see the flag and play continues and the attacking team scores that the goal should count because the ball was still in play!!!? I wouldn't expect your phone to ring to ref any soccer games anytime soon.
Old 09-15-17, 05:19 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelboot View Post
Happens all the time, ref doesn't see the flag play continues and then notices the flag and blows the whistle. So are you saying that if the ref doesn't see the flag and play continues and the attacking team scores that the goal should count because the ball was still in play!!!? I wouldn't expect your phone to ring to ref any soccer games anytime soon.
Know what else happens all the time? The ref disregards the the flag because the keeper ends up with the ball anyway. As in this case.

I am sure if Mason had scored a goal as a result of the offside situation the AR would have advised the center ref and the appropriate actions would have been taken.
Old 09-14-17, 04:22 PM
All Ohio

phatneff is on a distinguished road
It's offside. OFFSIDE!!! Not OFFSIDES!!!
Old 09-14-17, 08:53 PM
All District

2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by phatneff View Post
It's offside. OFFSIDE!!! Not OFFSIDES!!!
Toe-mah-toe!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-15-17, 10:01 AM
Junior Varsity

Chrisham is on a distinguished road
West was penalized for a "hurt" mason player. Anyone thinks thats fair and just needs their head's examined. Coach was unsportsmanlike...FACT. mason you got lucky!
Old 09-15-17, 10:11 AM
Freshman

oldtimer13579 is on a distinguished road
Definition of sportsmanship. :conduct (such as fairness, respect for one's opponent, and graciousness in winning or losing) becoming to one participating in a sport.

Winning or losing...... Chrisham. we get it you guys lost. show some sportsmanship yourself.

It was a bad call by the ref, he lost control of the game, like in every high school game. In the video there was easily 3 minutes for West to set up and defend. Mason got a fortunate bounce on the free kick.

It is unfortunate but that is how many games are won. Bad calls, free kicks, lucky bounces.
Old 09-15-17, 10:32 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtimer13579 View Post
Definition of sportsmanship. :conduct (such as fairness, respect for one's opponent, and graciousness in winning or losing) becoming to one participating in a sport.

Winning or losing...... Chrisham. we get it you guys lost. show some sportsmanship yourself.

It was a bad call by the ref, he lost control of the game, like in every high school game. In the video there was easily 3 minutes for West to set up and defend. Mason got a fortunate bounce on the free kick.

It is unfortunate but that is how many games are won. Bad calls, free kicks, lucky bounces.
It wasnt a bad call. Lol. The ref mismanaged the game. The call was correct though. Imagine this. Fifa rules. When a team kicks it out for a hurt player but the opposing team throws it to their own team and not back to the team that kicked it out. Unsportsmanlike. This was worse. They took a cheap shot at goal.
Im a Moeller parent. I have friends on both. Both sides ive talked to say it's wrong. Fact.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 09-15-17, 11:06 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisham View Post
It wasnt a bad call. Lol. The ref mismanaged the game. The call was correct though. Imagine this. Fifa rules. When a team kicks it out for a hurt player but the opposing team throws it to their own team and not back to the team that kicked it out. Unsportsmanlike. This was worse. They took a cheap shot at goal.
Im a Moeller parent. I have friends on both. Both sides ive talked to say it's wrong. Fact.

EXCEPT the LW keeper never kicked it out for the injured player. He kicked it back into play.
Old 09-15-17, 11:14 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
EXCEPT the LW keeper never kicked it out for the injured player. He kicked it back into play.
He doesn't have to? Why would he? I saw the video. The referee stared right at him an the injured player. Never blew whistle. The example kicking ball out was just a comparison to demonstrate game etiquette.
I would be ashamed to beat a team like that. West played horrible 2nd half, mason 1st half. The opportunity to take that kick shouldn't have been there. Once it was, mason should have not taken a direct approach to the goal.
Lots a wrong doing. But to say it's fair..lol. come on. Only a mason parent or coach would say that. The 2 mason parents i talked with even said it wasnt right.

Old 09-15-17, 10:06 AM
Junior Varsity

Steelbot, what foul are you referencing? Tyere was NO foul?? Mason took advantage of a horrible rule. Lol
Old 09-15-17, 10:33 AM
Junior Varsity

Also, all parents saud he did a pretty good job. He never lost control???

Old 09-15-17, 11:19 AM
Junior Varsity

Watch out gmc... mason thinks this was fair...tell your kids to not point out an injured mason player or kivk it out if theyre injured.
Mason "plays by the rules"
They'll take the ball to win any way they can!

Old 09-15-17, 11:27 AM
All Yappi

Wow....all kind of butt hurt in here today. LOL. Again....not affiliated with any of these two teams. Not even any team in Cincy. I can truly look at the play objectively. You're mad because LW blew a 2-0 lead. And they defended that free kick really poorly.
Old 09-15-17, 11:30 AM
All Yappi

Also interesting that the video is no longer available...
Old 09-15-17, 11:47 AM
All District

2731 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by winbypin View Post
Also interesting that the video is no longer available...
Tough to garner sympathy with photographic evidence. Wall papering protest is much more effective.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: