Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
View Poll Results: Kareem Hunt signed by Browns is...
Great move. Win at all costs. 20 60.61%
crazy because Kapernick is still out of the league but Hunt mught play again? 2 6.06%
disresctful to all victims of violence. 7 21.21%
dumb because we have Nick Chub 6 18.18%
enough for me to never watch the Browns again. 2 6.06%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-11-19, 04:18 PM
All American

my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
Former Willoughby South/Toledo/KC star Hunt signed by Browns

The Browns sign Kareem Hunt, suspended by the NFL for domestic violence. Thoughts?

https://video.search.yahoo.com/searc...2&action=click

Last edited by my2sense; 02-12-19 at 11:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-19, 04:51 PM
All Yappi

arizonawildcat will become famous soon enough
Is he going to be a running back or a kicker?
Old 02-11-19, 07:21 PM
All Ohio

James x2 is on a distinguished road
The poll is slanted.The first option is ...great move win at all costs.I think its a smart move but not one at all costs.Women should never be subjected to violence.Women should especially look out first and foremost for their own safety and not be buzzed in a hotel hallway late at night up to no good.It may be her right to call him the N-WORD,start a physical altercation,and then REFUSE TO LEAVE WHEN NOBODY WAS KEEPING HER IN THE HALLWAY!!!!!! However Hunt should have stayed in his room and called security.The kick afterword was more like a very minor thing and not like he was attempting a 50 yard field goal.BUT HE WAS AN AZZ FOR DOING IT.She is not cooperating with police because either she got her payoff or she has her own shyte to hide.This was no way like Ray Rice cold cocking his significant other in an elevator.Kapernick has nothing to do with this.Im sure her family was real proud of what she was up to that night. Again she should not have been there and dumb azz drunk entitled athletes won't be able to get physical with her.Neither of these two are Saints.Play dumb games,win dumb prizes
Old 02-11-19, 07:33 PM
All Yappi

Spread All Day is on a distinguished road
Hey whatever man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-11-19, 07:40 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Good move. Thought it was stupid KC let him go
Old 02-11-19, 07:53 PM
All Ohio

The moment KC let him go I told people he will be a Brown.No brainer.The people I talk to at Willoughby South-boosters,parents,etc,all have good things to say about his time at school there.I was checking out his memorabilia case in the school hallway.Hope the kid gets his life on track.
Old 02-11-19, 08:34 PM
All American

roberto21 is on a distinguished road
You are aware that there are two other previous similar incidents under investigation by the NFL. He could still be looking at 2-10 game suspension according to Cleveland TB sports.
Old 02-11-19, 09:15 PM
All Region

ImpracticalJoker is on a distinguished road
At least spell Nick Chubb's name correctly
Old 02-11-19, 09:38 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by roberto21 View Post
You are aware that there are two other previous similar incidents under investigation by the NFL. He could still be looking at 2-10 game suspension according to Cleveland TB sports.
If they give him credit for the games he already missed after KC cut him that won't be that big of a deal.Either way we have his services when he is available.I know it's not politically correct to call out the female in this incident but my sisters were raised to look out for their own safety and act lady like.That female didn't need to be doing what she was doing.You don't need a lot of imagination to know what Hunt was trying to do that night.Or what the seemingly scorned female was up to as well.The media doesn't want to touch the reality of what goes on after dark in players hotel rooms and groupie women.That would put a damper on the Black football player assaults women theme of this story.The media is useless for they don't have the sack to talk real.Just what sells.Tried to listen to the know it all big mouth on 92.3 tonight.Once he was done taking his 30 min to pontificate what should take 2minutes due to the fact he loves to hear himself talk.And to much time to kill. He only talked about how Hunt could and should be held accountable,blah ,blah.But never would talk about what was really going on that night. Why? Because the station would look like they condone violence against women so the story is slanted and the real issue is ignored.They would not dare talk for real.The media is only interested in spinning their FAKE outrage and spin doctoring.Hunt needs to learn to ignore stupidity,stay away from toxic women and CONTROL HIS ANGER.

Last edited by James x2; 02-11-19 at 09:48 PM. Reason: add
Old 02-11-19, 09:52 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by arizonawildcat View Post
Is he going to be a running back or a kicker?
Abuse is never funny. Poor failed attempt. Is that a Catholic thing to minimize abuse?
Old 02-11-19, 09:55 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by James x2 View Post
The kick afterword was more like a very minor thing and not like he was attempting a 50 yard field goal.
You made some good points but this statement drowns them out. Kicking a woman is minor? Stupid.
Old 02-11-19, 10:05 PM
All American

Quote:
I know it's not politically correct to call out the female in this incident but my sisters were raised to look out for their own safety and act lady like.That female didn't need to be doing what she was doing.The media doesn't want to touch the reality of what goes on after dark in players hotel rooms and groupie women. The media is only interested in spinning their FAKE outrage.
I can't tell if you're just trying to be controversial or you're really this ignorant.

Sounds like you are saying that if your own sisters violated their upbringing and found themselves in a similar situation, they would get whatever abuse they deserve? Really?

Take a crowbar and try to pry this thought into your small brain: NO MATTER WHAT, NO WOMAN DESERVES TO BE PHYSICALLY ABUSED. EVER.

Last edited by my2sense; 02-11-19 at 10:16 PM.
Old 02-11-19, 10:31 PM
All District

FightingCardinal is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Good move. Thought it was stupid KC let him go
KC didn't let him go because of the incident, it was because he lied to the team multiple times about leaving his room.
KC drafted Tyreek Hill after he brutally beat his pregnant girlfriend. They are the Chiefs, not the Saints.
Old 02-11-19, 11:09 PM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Unnecessary signing. Hope he's suspended for the entire year.
Old 02-11-19, 11:20 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
I can't tell if you're just trying to be controversial or you're really this ignorant.

Sounds like you are saying that if your own sisters violated their upbringing and found themselves in a similar situation, they would get whatever abuse they deserve? Really?

Take a crowbar and try to pry this thought into your small brain: NO MATTER WHAT, NO WOMAN DESERVES TO BE PHYSICALLY ABUSED. EVER.
Your name shows you have no sense at all.Azzholes like yourself are what prohibits normal people from having a discussion.Your a typical internet tough guy that looks to start shyte.Please learn to read and comprehend what I said.You are mentally handicapped and that's a dis service to the mentally challenged for real.Your a dumb fugger for real
Old 02-11-19, 11:40 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
The poll is slanted.The first option is ...great move win at all costs.I think its a smart move but not one at all costs.Women should never be subjected to violence.Women should especially look out first and foremost for their own safety and not be buzzed in a hotel hallway late at night up to no good.It may be her right to call him the N-WORD,start a physical altercation,and then REFUSE TO LEAVE WHEN NOBODY WAS KEEPING HER IN THE HALLWAY!!!!!! However Hunt should have stayed in his room and called security.The kick afterword was more like a very minor thing and not like he was attempting a 50 yard field goal.BUT HE WAS AN AZZ FOR DOING IT.She is not cooperating with police because either she got her payoff or she has her own shyte to hide.This was no way like Ray Rice cold cocking his significant other in an elevator.Kapernick has nothing to do with this.Im sure her family was real proud of what she was up to that night. Again she should not have been there and dumb azz drunk entitled athletes won't be able to get physical with her.Neither of these two are Saints.Play dumb games,win dumb prizes
Hey Mr. lacking sense......read the 4th sentence idiot." women should never be subjected to violence".However no women should incite violence against a man.Thats part of acting lady like.My sisters didn't go stand outside a hotel room at 3am drunk calling people the n word.She didn't get beat she got shoved and she instigated it.He was an azzhole for doing what he did as I stated.Learn to read EVERYTHING BEFORE RESPONDING MR.SNOWFLAKE with your fake outrage.You need a crow bar stuck up your azz for the tough guy act. I would not want my sister getting abused...Duh.But EVERYONE needs to be responsible to avoid putting themselves in bad situations.Drunk belligerent at 3am refusing to leave.Who will tell this women she screwed up.The world will tell Hunt he screwed up.If I were both their fathers I would rip both a new azzhole for their behavior.But in your world you give a free pass to ignorance.Hope her father has the good sense to teach her why she should not have been drunk and starting trouble.Be glad that she wasn't really hurt and stay away from entitled athletes Im only trying to present BOTH SIDES OF THIS.If I condoned violence against women you would be right to call me whatever you want.Thats the furthest thing from the truth.I just refuse to ignore the real story here.Sorry that escapes you.I treat people on this site with respect 99% of the time and if someone is going to attempt to insult me im coming back at you.We could get along or we can play.Your call.

Last edited by James x2; 02-11-19 at 11:48 PM. Reason: add
Old 02-11-19, 11:59 PM
All Ohio

Worst part is people get so emotional due to the media twisting stuff people actually compare this to Joe Mixon cold cocking that women at Oklahoma.Ray Rice knocking out his significant other in the elevator,or Ray Lewis involvement with that murder back in the day.Men need to respect women.Women need to act lady like.Simple enough.This story does a HUGE disservice to women who suffer real abuse.Thats the problem.
Old 02-12-19, 06:06 AM
All American

Quote:
No women should incite violence against a man.
She didn't get beat she got shoved and she instigated it.
You need a crow bar stuck up your azz.
Who will tell this women she screwed up.
Be glad that she wasn't really hurt
I just refuse to ignore the real story here.
This story does a HUGE disservice to women who suffer REAL abuse
Wow. Just wow.
Old 02-12-19, 07:00 AM
All District

foreword is on a distinguished road
Talent trumps all........if Ray Rice didn't have the mileage he had on his body as an NFL RB, he would have been signed by a team too.........Hunt is young and talented.....someone would have signed him....Ray Lewis murdered someone, and he is in the NFL Hall of Fame for chrissakes!
Old 02-12-19, 08:02 AM
Varsity

Peycash12 is on a distinguished road
Does that mean former osu/Glenoak rb Brionte Dunn gets a second chance ?
Old 02-12-19, 08:28 AM
All District

TheJect is on a distinguished road
Dorsey did his "Due Diligence". Meaning, he's a good football player. He can helps us win games. Sign him!! SMH.
Old 02-12-19, 08:44 AM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
If a truck driver or plumber shoved a woman and kicked her should he be able to work at his trade after the justice system is finished with him, or is that different?
Old 02-12-19, 09:20 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
not justifying his action in the altercation - and if charges were filed he would be charged - they weren't.

CHS1971 is right, if an everyday "joe" gets a dv, they don't necessarily get fired.

But in the light of football, Kap was not a qb anyone thought could help their team, and really his best years were under Harbaugh, when they started losing the defense that year they made the run, things changed and he wasn't winning as he was. Diff deal. And he was offered to play but turned his nose up to being a back up and waiting for his shot again, Randall Cunningham amongst many have done it but he couldn't? He wanted starting spot only - he had offers which is often lost in the narrative agenda pushing discourse.

I was glad someone picked up Hunt before the PATRIOTS did and have him run all over the place next year for another ring.

He will never escape that footage - it will now follow him the rest of his career and life. He was booted from his team, yet never being charged - I am not saying what he did was right, but shouldn't he be able to make his living once he has paid for his mistake and not keep having to pay for it over and over again?

Same problem I see in schools, parents want to blame the school for their lack of parenting. Here people want the NFL to be the judicial system. Has any other player been given a lifetime ban?
Old 02-12-19, 09:26 AM
All Ohio

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
The fact that Kaepernick's name is even in the poll is laughable. Hunt was a top 3 RB last year. Kaepernick lost his job to Blaine Gabbert, then cried his way out of San Francisco. Kaep was a 1 year wonder and then teams adjusted to him and people realized that he stinks. That's the difference. Kaep wouldnt start on an NFL roster this year and would honestly be competing for backup jobs. Hunt would start on a lot of teams right this second. Bottom line is Dorsey gets paid to win games, and if he thinks Hunt can do that, then he will do whatever it takes. It's a huge risk for Dorsey, but the man hasn't shied away from risks in his short tenure with the Browns thus far. Drafting Baker, trading Hyde to get Chubb carries, firing Hue and Haley and making this unknown guy Freddie OC (eventually HC), releasing Josh Gordon, taking a chance on another troubled guy in Callaway. The guy has pushed all the right buttons so far. I will keep believing in him until he does something wrong.

Guarantee the first TD Hunt scores, 99% of fans won't care about what he did. If the Browns make the playoffs next year, you won't hear a word about this. At the end of the day, fans care about winning, not moral character. The NFL is a violent game. They arent hiring choir boys to play this game. Every team has at least 1 guy with questionable character.

At the end of the day, if you have talent and can help a team win, you will have a job
Old 02-12-19, 09:56 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by tribefan23 View Post
The fact that Kaepernick's name is even in the poll is laughable. Hunt was a top 3 RB last year. Kaepernick lost his job to Blaine Gabbert, then cried his way out of San Francisco. Kaep was a 1 year wonder and then teams adjusted to him and people realized that he stinks. That's the difference. Kaep wouldnt start on an NFL roster this year and would honestly be competing for backup jobs. Hunt would start on a lot of teams right this second. Bottom line is Dorsey gets paid to win games, and if he thinks Hunt can do that, then he will do whatever it takes. It's a huge risk for Dorsey, but the man hasn't shied away from risks in his short tenure with the Browns thus far. Drafting Baker, trading Hyde to get Chubb carries, firing Hue and Haley and making this unknown guy Freddie OC (eventually HC), releasing Josh Gordon, taking a chance on another troubled guy in Callaway. The guy has pushed all the right buttons so far. I will keep believing in him until he does something wrong.

Guarantee the first TD Hunt scores, 99% of fans won't care about what he did. If the Browns make the playoffs next year, you won't hear a word about this. At the end of the day, fans care about winning, not moral character. The NFL is a violent game. They arent hiring choir boys to play this game. Every team has at least 1 guy with questionable character.

At the end of the day, if you have talent and can help a team win, you will have a job
I agree .Like I said the poll is slanted and Kaepernick has nothing to do with this.That shows what the OP thinks like .Social justice warrior.
Old 02-12-19, 10:03 AM
All Ohio

Cleveland police have not filed any charges.How could they let such a thing happen without charging him? Maybe they don't think it's anything more than 2 drunk 20 somethings who effed up and want to move on.
Old 02-12-19, 10:24 AM
All American

No real man ever hit a woman.

Dorsey convinced the Haslems that this guy was worth a chance. Business-wise its a low-risk move on the Browns part. Otherwise its not a great look.

There are other incidents that are still being reviewed by both police and the NFL.
Old 02-12-19, 10:37 AM
All Ohio

my2sense or whomever???

I can get as detailed as humanly possible.Show that im trying to look at ALL the angles of this.But you are looking at this from an emotional viewpoint.Thank god your not in the judicial system.I can explain this to you over and over but I cant understand it for you.!!!!!!!!! Please learn to be pragmatic about these issues.It will serve you well. WOW JUST WOW
Old 02-12-19, 10:48 AM
All Ohio

Once again??????????????

This topic should be locked because unfortunately some here want to attack others who have differences in opinion.My opologies for getting salty but I come here to discuss and listen not argue and fight.Attack me and I'm coming back at you.This forum and thread are for discussing topics and opinions ,not attempting to bully and insult those who don't agree with you.This reminds me of some conversations I've had with lefties who sing from the rafters about inclusion.Yet will come with pitchforks and fire if they suspect you don't agree with their liberal viewpoint.Emotion vs. Reason. For the record Hunt was an azzhole for doing what he did.Desrves punishment.Is getting punished.Women…. control your alcohol ,stay away from entitled men who want sex.Learn to walk away.Simple enough? Life is simple if you want it to be.

Last edited by James x2; 02-12-19 at 10:57 AM. Reason: add
Old 02-12-19, 10:52 AM
All Ohio

tribefan23 is on a distinguished road
At the end of the day, it's all about public perception. Hunt has never been charged with anything from the incident, so (legally) he didn't do anything wrong (I know there were other incidents being investigated, but until all details come out and/or charges are filed, they are irrelevant right now). If a normal guy kicks his GF in a hotel lobby and someone takes a video of it and shows their boss, they might get fired from that job, but nothing is preventing another company from hiring the person if they are qualified for the job (which Hunt clearly is). Clearly the woman isn't too concerned with filing charges from the incident. She probably wants to save face from the incident as well, because I'm sure she wasn't 100% innocent on this night either. I'm not condoning DV or what Hunt did, but both parties are at fault. We shouldn't judge an entire night and entire incident based on 60 seconds of footage from a hotel camera.