Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-31-19, 11:31 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
my understanding is that Smollett and his agent WILL NOT turn over their phones to the Chicago PD.....why is that?
Old 01-31-19, 02:00 PM
All World

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar View Post
Sounds like theyíve got POI, but ppl are going to be disappointed in finding out who attacked him.
I've had poi and was very disappointed. It tastes like wallpaper paste smells.
Old 01-31-19, 02:28 PM
All Yappi

MentorGrad2002 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to MentorGrad2002
'Empire' Star Jussie Smollett Beaten by MAGA Backers, Cast Gets Armed Guards

The fact that crazy liberals WANT this to be true is a huge issue in itself. These types will hope for crime from trump supporters and America to lose overall rather than having the country do well. It's pretty scary. Like hating the pilot and hoping he crashes the plane you are on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-19, 02:33 PM
All Yappi

Crusaders is on a distinguished road
The issue for them is they've been sold an entire mythology of racism and when they fail to see it manifest in reality their brains don't know what to do and they're certainly not about to question the narrative. On the rare occasion something racist (allegedly) does come up, they act like people who've been handed a canteen after spending a week in the desert. They grab it and begin to gulp without first checking to see if it's actually water in the canister.
Old 01-31-19, 02:54 PM
All American

Omar is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
The fact that crazy liberals WANT this to be true is a huge issue in itself. These types will hope for crime from trump supporters and America to lose overall rather than having the country do well. It's pretty scary. Like hating the pilot and hoping he crashes the plane you are on

Whatís crazy is the media is 0 for 3 on these giant anti Trump stories in just one month, yet thereís zero accountability.
Old 01-31-19, 03:03 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
You should try Koi. But be careful fishing in other people's ponds though, they tend to be aggressive against fishermen.
Old 01-31-19, 03:05 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
my understanding is that Smollett and his agent WILL NOT turn over their phones to the Chicago PD.....why is that?
2am Chicago? Nothing good happens at 2am in Chicago......
Old 01-31-19, 03:12 PM
All Yappi

Quote:
Whatís crazy is the media is 0 for 3 on these giant anti Trump stories in just one month, yet thereís zero accountability.

And the same media and crazy liberal loons (some post here) won't learn their lesson the next time either in jumping to conclusions

Old 01-31-19, 04:38 PM
All Yappi

PURPLE REIGN is on a distinguished road
Whoopi Goldberg on the media "So many people make snap judgments before all the facts come in. ... Why is that? Why do we keep making the same mistake?"

Joy Behar: "Because weíre desperate to get Trump out of office."
Old 01-31-19, 04:42 PM
All Ohio

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Why should they? They have a right to privacy, they're not the suspects. I'm not turning my phone over to anybody without a warrant and I've not done anything I'm trying to hide.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-19, 05:10 PM
All Yappi

the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewOldBlood View Post
Why should they?
To help with the investigation into the identity of the alleged attackers.

Quote:
They have a right to privacy, they're not the suspects.
They have filed a police report alleging an assault and battery. The police are trying to investigate that report. The details so far do not tend to lead to a conclusion that this was a crime of opportunity (e.g. the rope and whatever was poured on him show some pre-meditation, as well as the attackers allegedly calling him homophobic invectives (which a random attacker would have much less likelihood of knowing that this alleged victim was homosexual)). Examining the cell phones could give a verifiable list of people who might have advance knowledge of the planned and even unplanned activities of the alleged victim. Every little bit helps in such an investigation.

Quote:
I'm not turning my phone over to anybody without a warrant and I've not done anything I'm trying to hide.

I get the concerns about privacy and I am not stating that the alleged victim should be FORCED to turn over his cell phone. But I think it is obvious that most people would want to cooperate fully with such an investigation. Even if you have embarrassing things on your phone, you could still cooperate by negotiating an agreement through your attorney that any and all information gleaned from the phone will be used to further THIS investigation only and that all information will remain strictly confidential.

Again, I understand the arguments for privacy and I would not suggest that he be forced, but it is also a legitimate question to ask as to why wouldn't he be fully cooperative with the investigation.
Old 01-31-19, 05:11 PM
Go Buckeyes

Yappi will become famous soon enoughYappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Why should they? They have a right to privacy, they're not the suspects. I'm not turning my phone over to anybody without a warrant and I've not done anything I'm trying to hide.
Why should they? To corroborate that part of the story. The manager claims he is a witness. The only thing that corroborates that is knowing that he was having a telephone conversation when the act took place.

Do they have to? Absolutely not.
Old 01-31-19, 05:41 PM
All Yappi

I had no idea the guy was gay. Watched the show for years. Quit this year finally because it has been garbage and I've juSt watched to watch

Old 01-31-19, 06:16 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by MentorGrad2002 View Post
And the same media and crazy liberal loons (some post here) won't learn their lesson the next time either in jumping to conclusions

And these ďJournalistsĒ at HuffPo and Buzzfeed canít figure out why thereís no demand for their services.
Old 01-31-19, 07:12 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
You wouldn't need the phones to corroborate a call. Unless there is claim they got the assailant's recorded on the phone, I concur completely with the decision to not turn them over. They're not relevant and it's bad precident. And no, I don't buy into this story. Seems too much a crime of ... social media opportunity. Of all the people in Chicago to get mugged by Maga hats, it just happened to be a marginally known actor? If all facts lead to a legit mugging, there has to be a connection between the victim and the perpetrators.
Old 01-31-19, 09:31 PM
All Ohio

NewOldBlood is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Why should they? To corroborate that part of the story. The manager claims he is a witness. The only thing that corroborates that is knowing that he was having a telephone conversation when the act took place.

Do they have to? Absolutely not.
I guess I just don't see why it is necessary. Typically when two witnesses, one the victim, tell the same story that is enough to corroborate the story. If I'm the victim of a crime, and the police are asking to see my phone to prove who I was talking to, I'm going to assume they don't believe me and I'm going to be offended.

Old 01-31-19, 10:24 PM
All Yappi

cabezadecaballo will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
cool purple color, though
Old 02-01-19, 10:13 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
As the Chicago PD throws enormous resources at trying to find out who dared to commit a HATE CRIME in their fair city by assaulting this guy, Chicago has had 13 shootings resulting in 3 dead and 10 wounded:

https://heyjackass.com/
Old 02-01-19, 11:28 AM
All Yappi

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
As the Chicago PD throws enormous resources at trying to find out who dared to commit a HATE CRIME in their fair city by assaulting this guy, Chicago has had 13 shootings resulting in 3 dead and 10 wounded:

Well, what an informative page.

January shot/killed count kicks off 2019 pretty impressively. Cops look well-behaved, but I realize it's been cold and the loonies have been indoors.
Old 02-01-19, 11:51 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post

Let me guess, black on black shootings? Yeah, BLM doing wonders for the Community. And of course, dirty cops (like the one in Chicago) need to be held accountable, but what about the other 99% of fatal shootings that donít involve police? Do those victims lives not matter?
Old 02-01-19, 12:40 PM
All American

Raider6309 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Let me guess, black on black shootings? Yeah, BLM doing wonders for the Community. And of course, dirty cops (like the one in Chicago) need to be held accountable, but what about the other 99% of fatal shootings that donít involve police? Do those victims lives not matter?
Black on black crime doesnít matter to the MSM. CNN is begging for a white cop to shoot a black teen
Old 02-01-19, 01:42 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Black on black crime doesnít matter to the MSM. CNN is begging for a white cop to shoot a black teen
After this story broke you had idiots tweeting dumb s**t like ďthese attacks are something black ppl have to worry about daily.Ē My azz. No black guy is scared of being mugged while walking in a white neighborhood. He might have to worry about the cops being called, but itís not like a group of white guys are hiding in the bushes looking to steal his wallet.

Anytime the Left wants to talk about race, itís mostly to blame white ppl for everything. Itís totally ignorant and things will never get better until they hold ppl in their own community accountable.
Old 02-01-19, 01:56 PM
All Yappi

the_big_toe will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
You wouldn't need the phones to corroborate a call. Unless there is claim they got the assailant's recorded on the phone, I concur completely with the decision to not turn them over. They're not relevant and it's bad precident. And no, I don't buy into this story. Seems too much a crime of ... social media opportunity. Of all the people in Chicago to get mugged by Maga hats, it just happened to be a marginally known actor? If all facts lead to a legit mugging, there has to be a connection between the victim and the perpetrators.
I donít know that it is a matter of ďneedĒ, so much as it alleviates the hassle of going through the phone company to get records, saves time and effort in the investigation, etc.
Old 02-01-19, 03:35 PM
All American

Quote:
After this story broke you had idiots tweeting dumb s**t like ďthese attacks are something black ppl have to worry about daily.Ē My azz. No black guy is scared of being mugged while walking in a white neighborhood. He might have to worry about the cops being called, but itís not like a group of white guys are hiding in the bushes looking to steal his wallet.

Anytime the Left wants to talk about race, itís mostly to blame white ppl for everything. Itís totally ignorant and things will never get better until they hold ppl in their own community accountable.
Black people have to worry about other black meth addicts attacking them like I have to worry about white meth addicts.

But I donít care about the opinions of rich white and black people
Old 02-01-19, 04:56 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider6309 View Post
Black people have to worry about other black meth addicts attacking them like I have to worry about white meth addicts.

But I donít care about the opinions of rich white and black people
Thatís part of what was so absurd, ppl saying this is what black ppl deal with every day. Even if it happened exactly as reported (which it obviously did not), thatís still a gross exaggeration.
Old 02-01-19, 05:38 PM
All Yappi

Nice update/recap -

Quote:
....So letís recap what Smollett says happened, together with what Chicago reporters have heard from police. Two men recognized a gay black actor from a TV show at 2 a.m. on a Chicago street during an extreme cold snap while he was on his phone. Instead of taking the phone from him, they began to shout slurs at him. The assailants happened to have a rope and an unknown liquid with them. They put a rope around his neck, but instead of strangling him with it, they just left it there and then ran away. Instead of calling the police immediately on the phone, Smollett walked into an apartment building and past security, without informing anyone about the alleged assault, and he kept the rope around his neck for some three-quarters of an hour. He neglected to tell the police about the MAGA remark in this first interview, revealing it only later in a subsequent interview......

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/...not-adding-up/

I'm wondering if the rope was actually some kind of Jethro Bodine-style leash he wears to clubs to make new friends with and he forgot he had it on. Maybe he just decided to make it part of the story.
Old 02-01-19, 07:28 PM
All American

So is this fake yet or do we have to wait until the next fake news story?
Old 02-02-19, 07:15 AM
All World

19AL63 is on a distinguished road
If this does prove to be fake, I am betting you will not hear about the findings on the liberal news they will just let it fade quietly into history without comment. Then years later when someone is trying to make a point on hate crimes you will hear this case used as an example of what has happened in the pasted and how we have failed to get on top of these types of crimes.
Old 02-02-19, 10:34 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:

because the agent said he was talking to Smollett when the attack occurred .....if you were attacked, wouldn't you do anything to help the attackers
Old 02-02-19, 11:17 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enougheastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
because the agent said he was talking to Smollett when the attack occurred .....if you were attacked, wouldn't you do anything to help the attackers

Presuming the word "catch" was supposed to be in there somewhere, the obvious answer is "no," I would not do ANYTHING to help catch the attackers nor would you. It'd be a fool to say "yes" to that question.

Warrant puts protections in place. There's no emergency here, the authorities have plenty of time to go through the hassle of obtaining the very specific records they would need, presuming they would even need a warrant. There is way too much personal information on these phones to just hand them over, presuming anyone and everyone that will then have access to it has only your personal best and not their greed in mind. And for an entertainer? You just know there's plenty of "journalists" would do whatever to get hold of that phone. As for the agent/attorney? Yeah, one of those carries nothing on their phone no for public consumption.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: