Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-29-19, 08:36 PM
All Region

ImpracticalJoker is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by McKPups View Post
And last but certainly not least, we don't appreciate it when people don't fulfill the terms of contracts. Say, for instance, having a bunch of kids use an old elementary school gym as a makeshift locker room for four years instead of for one year as the HOF said. We also don't like it when HOF officials regularly come out on their golf carts to shoo the McK team off the practice fields (CCS land) so some youth soccer or football teams can have use of the field because they paid the HOF. And, yeah, that's a regular occurrence. But yes, by all means, everyone be positive because four years after McK's facility was supposed to be built, now there is talk that it's almost time. The HOF's disregard for McK is a problem, and a helluva NEGATIVE if you care about Canton McKinley.

Yea HOF! Yea HOF! Thank you for all you've done!
Now quit being a Negative Nancy you Massillon troll
Old 01-29-19, 08:36 PM
Varsity

McKPups is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by emobuck View Post
Here is the truth and nothing but the truth on the Mckinley FootbaLL headquarters. Construction will begin in the spring when the weather breaks. It will be completed sometime in august. Another false hood needs corrected, Mckinley pays nothing for the used of the stadium or practice fields. Nckinley schedules their practices and uses and the HOF works around them, Next the HOF pays the school system about $ 300,000 per year
for the used all the property other items.
Construction will absolutely not be done is August. If this actually gets started this spring (I will believe it when I see it), McKinley officials are planning for the facility to be in operation for the 2020 season.
Old 01-29-19, 08:37 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImpracticalJoker View Post
Now quit being a Negative Nancy you Massillon troll
Right, busted again. lol
Old 01-29-19, 08:45 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by my2sense View Post
Caught a few minutes of JR Rinaldi on Joe Palmisano's show this morning. He claims construction will resume this spring on new locker room facilities that will house men and women's locker room for McK football and Spring sports. Coach's offices, lounges and a 4000 sq ft weight room will be included in the new 27000 sq ft facility. It will be completed before year's end.

Obviously these are all lies. He better get on Yappi and find out the real truth.
You act as though if that happens it makes everything right ... as though this isn't already years past when it was supposed to be built. Better (VERY) late than never is true, but it sure doesn't change the fact the HOF disregarded its obligations FOR YEARS.

Nobody needs to come here to find the real truth; they can just head over to the McKinley NOW and look for the new facility. They won't find it, and that's an issue.
Old 01-29-19, 10:07 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Football 101 View Post
The old stadium could have been renovated for 24 million and we could have all moved on.

The reconstruct was all about serving dignitaries and the HOF, the focus of the original stadium was about serving the kids of Canton, that focus has been lost

The entire project is riddled with double talk and broken deadlines. The whole thing stinks

It will eventually get to a point of "finished" anything can happen in the next 50 years
Football 101, THANK YOU. Truth is refreshing.
Old 01-29-19, 10:15 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Wow. Another nice event at the stadium. And talks are being held for more.

Everyone must not be as knowledgeable as some of the posters about all the problems.
That's true; they're not. Damn shame, too.
Old 01-30-19, 09:33 AM
All American

my2sense is an unknown quantity at this point
To all the negative Nancys - how does complaining and re-re-hashing of past issues move anything forward? Answer: It never does.

Some claim to be "seekers of truth" - but after awhile it seems more likely nothing will ever be satisfactory. Wait and see - A top notch facility can be built and they will say "Should have been done two years ago" LOL

WHY AREN'T THEY OUT THERE BREAKING GROUND TODAY?!?!?

Stay negative haters!!!
Old 01-30-19, 10:03 AM
All American

Football 101 is on a distinguished road
Yet, my2sense, you skip over the fact that it was the HOF that provided the hype and the ambitious timelines - they brought the jeer of "still waiting" onto themselves.

Why wasn't a more sufficient amount of funding and planning done before anything else?

furthermore the McKinley football program has been more than patient. Why not speak up on their behalf as some of us do

the facility originated to serve youth

Last edited by Football 101; 01-30-19 at 10:16 AM.
Old 01-30-19, 10:51 AM
Varsity

Quote:
To all the negative Nancys - how does complaining and re-re-hashing of past issues move anything forward? Answer: It never does.

Some claim to be "seekers of truth" - but after awhile it seems more likely nothing will ever be satisfactory. Wait and see - A top notch facility can be built and they will say "Should have been done two years ago" LOL

WHY AREN'T THEY OUT THERE BREAKING GROUND TODAY?!?!?

Stay negative haters!!!
Perhaps if you wouldn't come on here and act as though a facility (maybe) being built four years after it was supposed to be built was some kind of great accomplishment, we wouldn't point out it's long overdue.

Again, better (VERY) late than never is true, but it doesn't excuse the HOF for not fulfilling contractual obligations in a a timely manner. If someone was contractually obligated to build you a house in 2016 and you get the house in 2020, great, you got your house, but it doesn't give you back the four years you weren't in the new house when you should have been there.

And I won't say it "Should have been done two years ago." That's what I would've said a couple years ago.
Old 01-30-19, 12:56 PM
All American

Quote:
And I won't say it "Should have been done two years ago." That's what I would've said a couple years ago.
Thanks for proving my point.

And no one answered my question about what good comes from reiterating the complaints ad nauseum? You were too busy complaining to answer LOL
Old 01-30-19, 01:19 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Thanks for proving my point.

And no one answered my question about what good comes from reiterating the complaints ad nauseum? You were too busy complaining to answer LOL
I will be very pleased and relieved when (IF) the facility is built; it's the only aspect of anything related to the HOF project that would be for Canton kids and not the HOF. It is long overdue. I'm just not going to ignore the HOF's disregard for Canton McK and excuse them for taking years to hold up their end. What good does complaining do? I can only hope it holds people accountable. Do you think it was a coincidence that suddenly we hear the project is close to happening (again) days after Thom McDaniels blasted the HOF and the school system?

If you didn't celebrate this latest (possible) development as though it excuses the past few years, I might be less inclined to point out how derelict the HOF has been toward its obligations.
Old 01-30-19, 03:22 PM
Junior Varsity

1234567 is on a distinguished road
Canton city schools was supposed to get only 2 million dollars for the locker room. They put in the contract if the money was not paid on time then they get 4 million dollars. So now they are owed 4 million dollars from HOF village who is unable to pay the money. No locker room anytime soon.
Old 01-30-19, 06:40 PM
All American

Quote:
If you didn't celebrate this latest (possible) development as though it excuses the past few years, I might be less inclined to point out how derelict the HOF has been toward its obligations.
I have that much influence over you? That can't be good. Put me on your ignore list.
Old 01-30-19, 06:49 PM
All American

Quote:
1. What good does complaining do? I can only hope it holds people accountable.

2.Do you think it was a coincidence that suddenly we hear the project is close to happening (again) days after Thom McDaniels blasted the HOF and the school .
1. Most of the people responsible for the bulk of the problems are long gone.

2. If you think there is a linear cause and effect of Thom making a statement and changes being announced, you're really not thinking this through. These plans have been in development for awhile.

David Baker: "Did you hear what Thom McDaniels said? He sounds really upset."
JR Rinaldi: "Yikes. Get the developer on the phone ASAP. We need a new plan pronto!"
Old 01-30-19, 09:55 PM
All Yappi

The Butler is on a distinguished road
Fire up the googlelator and search the words "opportunity zones".

Hall of Fame Village is in an Opportunity Zone.
Old 01-31-19, 06:52 AM
Junior Varsity

JR Rinaldi told the HOF village in reguard to the locker room "I do not want a Cadillac"
Old 01-31-19, 10:56 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1234567 View Post
JR Rinaldi told the HOF village in reguard to the locker room "I do not want a Cadillac"
That's an incomplete quote and an attempt to make him look bad.

The actual quote was "I told them I don't want a Cadillac but I don't want a Cavalier."

Smart move to speak in measured terms when speaking to a serious partner who is going to finance a project. Not that you would understand.

Again - some people are just compelled to put anything and everything down about Canton and this project. Gotta be more to it than "We're concerned for the kids".
Old 01-31-19, 10:29 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Again - some people are just compelled to put anything and everything down about Canton and this project. Gotta be more to it than "We're concerned for the kids".
That's accurate. The kids have absolutely been cheated, but, yes, there is more to to why this whole thing has been difficult to swallow. I love Canton McKinley, and the HOF's complete disregard and lack of respect for Canton McKinley is infuriating and disheartening to me, and so are the reasons the HOF was able to treat McKinley so poorly without any repercussions. So, you're absolutely right, there is more to it.

But that doesn't mean I want the project to fail; nothing good comes out of that. I'm just not going to act like this has been anything but a negative for McKinley for the last four years.
Old 01-31-19, 11:16 PM
All Ohio

jeroe
Quote:
That's accurate. The kids have absolutely been cheated, but, yes, there is more to to why this whole thing has been difficult to swallow. I love Canton McKinley, and the HOF's complete disregard and lack of respect for Canton McKinley is infuriating and disheartening to me, and so are the reasons the HOF was able to treat McKinley so poorly without any repercussions. So, you're absolutely right, there is more to it.

But that doesn't mean I want the project to fail; nothing good comes out of that. I'm just not going to act like this has been anything but a negative for McKinley for the last four years.
MckPups I am a Tiger fan and I am with you. I just do not see how any of what has transpired up to this point serves the school system or its students at this point. Hey there is a real nice partially finished stadium, but where are the locker rooms? And not sure what deal is with the practice field. That is a joke and is far from serving the youth of Canton. Give em hell!
Old 02-01-19, 10:09 AM
All Yappi

McK93 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Old 02-01-19, 01:23 PM
All Region

ImpracticalJoker is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Great post as always McKPups
Just because you point out the shortcomings of the project's progress so far does not make you a hater.
Always nice to read someone who is not a shill for the HOF and Rep.
Old 02-02-19, 12:39 AM
All Ohio

Purple Hayes
Quote:

2. If you think there is a linear cause and effect of Thom making a statement and changes being announced, you're really not thinking this through. These plans have been in development for awhile.

JR Rinaldi: "Yikes. Get the developer on the phone ASAP. We need a new plan pronto!"
I disagree. There were not a lot of specifics other than "we will" or "we plan to"?? Given that the REP Honcho is also on the Board of the HOF, why would something described above (basically, damage control) seem like a reach?? And Thom has a Twitter account so if the Rep refused to publish, I'm sure he would have posted?
Old 02-02-19, 07:14 AM
All American

I'm not sure what you're saying here. Are you saying that plans were made only after Thom said something? And what about his Twitter? His remarks were well known.
Old 02-02-19, 11:44 AM
All District

THE OWNER is on a distinguished road
Quote:

if you think the people that caused the stadium to go a hundred million over budget are long gone you don't know as much as you're putting on because the people at the hall of fame were responsible for that not IRG. IRG was just following directions. LECHTNER and Welty Construction were just The Fall guys when the roof caved in on funding.
Old 02-03-19, 05:42 AM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE OWNER View Post
IRG was just following directions. LECHTNER and Welty Construction were just The Fall guys when the roof caved in on funding.
Old 02-03-19, 09:33 AM
All District

Quote:
So answer this. Who was responsible for the stadium going so far over budget?

A. LECHTNER and His IRG group
B. The HOF and Dave Baker
C. Welty Construction
Old 02-03-19, 02:04 PM
All Yappi

y2h is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by THE OWNER View Post
So answer this. Who was responsible for the stadium going so far over budget?

A. LECHTNER and His IRG group
B. The HOF and Dave Baker
C. Welty Construction
IRG is crooked so there's that...
Old 02-03-19, 03:10 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by y2h View Post
IRG is crooked so there's that...
They most certainly are crooked but Dave Baker put them to shame. They couldn't keep up with the changes and additions the HOF piled up that far exceeded the money raised.
Old 02-15-19, 08:45 AM
Junior Varsity

Correct JR Rinaldi said
"I told them I don't want a Cadillac but I don't want a Cavalier."
They do not make Cavaliers any more. As far as a locker room goes McKinley does not even presently have a Yugo. Nor do they have a superintendent or a head football coach.
Old 02-15-19, 11:24 AM
All Ohio

bluengoldblinders is on a distinguished road
Contrary to all this Stark County complaining...can someone here clarify for me one thing?

I noticed during the 2018 Championship Game that the one endzone looks completely untouched compared to the renderings if you google it?

When will the endzone and stadium construction actually be completed?

What they've done looks awesome, but it just looks janky as I'll get out with a construction zone in one endzone?