Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-08-19, 02:06 PM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by OCLWarrior View Post
The precedent has already been set with Anna. Why not?
For that matter, what if Parkway decided to play football and a few other sports in the NWC and cross country, softball some others in the MAC?
Yes the precedent has been set, I just don't think the MAC will go down that road again.
Old 02-08-19, 02:11 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
actually there have been rumors( people sitting at bars drinking a few beers) saying that Parkway would want to leave. Just a feeling, Fort Loramie will NOT be added or any other school without being included in ALL sports again. And also NO team will be added unless an existing school drops out....
I agree with your 1st statement not your 2nd. What is wrong with adding another school esp. one that culturally fits in as well as FL does. I mean what is the difference between FL and Minster other than the one town might like Bud Light and the other Miller Light.
Old 02-08-19, 02:17 PM
All District

OCLWarrior is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Yes the precedent has been set, I just don't think the MAC will go down that road again.
The genie is out of the lamp and is not going back in. Nearly every one here wants Ft. Loramie in the MAC. FL is not leaving SCAL so the most logical and satisfying conclusion is to admit them. What is the reason not to?
Old 02-08-19, 02:22 PM
All Region

CC Track Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
LCC was in the NWC and they kicked them out. Do you think they admit another Catholic school into the league? When St. Johns left the WBL, I wondered why they didn't join the NWC since they would be in the middle of the conference. Instead they joined the MAC and they are an outlier geography.
I think at this point DSJ with it decline in enrollment and athletic competitiveness in most sports would jump at the chance to join the NWC right now.

When the move to the MAC from the WBL DSJ was a much different school that it is now.
Old 02-08-19, 02:26 PM
All District

Quote:
I agree with your 1st statement not your 2nd. What is wrong with adding another school esp. one that culturally fits in as well as FL does. I mean what is the difference between FL and Minster other than the one town might like Bud Light and the other Miller Light.
For being in an area that has a lot of German heritage, you really like your "carbonated pisswater". This is the most repeated phrase I have heard from German exchange students and visitors describing American light beer. At least drink some thing with flavor.
Old 02-08-19, 02:26 PM
All Region

cknights is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Really ? Crestview football program was on life support not too long ago. Plus the Knights would never leave the NWC. FL is a more of a natural fit to the MAC than Anna or DSJ like I said it would be a win, win for everyone.
I must have missed the part where Crestview was on life support. Such a young program and really just now becoming relevant in football over the past 6-7 years after being a startup program in 1999/2000.

However, you are probably correct that Crestview would not leave the NWC. We are a long time member.

BUT....bigkat brings up a very good point. Crestview would make for a good addition for the northern schools and still bring very very strong athletics to the table in all sports (mens and womens). Traditionally a very good basketball and baseball/softball school along with very decent cross country and volleyball teams as well as competitors in other sports such as women's soccer and soon to have wrestling.

Couple all of these things with the fact that Crestview plays summer baskeball leagues in Mercer County, as well as tries to schedule scrimmages in football and basketball with southern county schools, and its a good fit. The school administrators are certainly familiar with one another. However, it would take alot to pull Crestview away from its traditional rivals and we aren't looking to leave. It sounds as if Ft Loramie would like to find a home in the MAC. I don't know the relationship, but it sounds like they are in good proximity to many MAC schools.
Old 02-08-19, 02:29 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Track Fan View Post
I think at this point DSJ with it decline in enrollment and athletic competitiveness in most sports would jump at the chance to join the NWC right now.

When the move to the MAC from the WBL DSJ was a much different school that it is now.
Yeah, the football team was worse than it is now. The only thing they could hang their hat on was basketball.
IF and that's a big IF, the NWC would even want them.

Last edited by OCLWarrior; 02-08-19 at 02:31 PM. Reason: Additional info.
Old 02-08-19, 02:31 PM
All World

Quote:
The genie is out of the lamp and is not going back in. Nearly every one here wants Ft. Loramie in the MAC. FL is not leaving SCAL so the most logical and satisfying conclusion is to admit them. What is the reason not to?
I would not be so sure about FL staying in the SCAL ( or is it the SCL ). Football is king even at a bball school like FL, the Redskins will have to find a league somewhere for football if not the MAC where at ? I don't know why the MAC would not accept the Redskins if they would be willing to join for all sports. Maybe FL could be in both leagues play their SCL games on Saturday nights or during the week. Doesn't Leipsic and Pandora Gilboa both belong to the PCL and BVC or are they in the BVC for football only ?
Old 02-08-19, 02:33 PM
All World

Quote:
Yeah, the football team was worse than it is now. The only thing they could hang their hat on was basketball.
IF and that's a big IF, the NWC would even want them.
True, and the NWC I do not think would ever accept DSJ after kicking out LCC.
Old 02-08-19, 02:42 PM
All District

Quote:
I would not be so sure about FL staying in the SCAL ( or is it the SCL ). Football is king even at a bball school like FL, the Redskins will have to find a league somewhere for football if not the MAC where at ? I don't know why the MAC would not accept the Redskins if they would be willing to join for all sports. Maybe FL could be in both leagues play their SCL games on Saturday nights or during the week. Doesn't Leipsic and Pandora Gilboa both belong to the PCL and BVC or are they in the BVC for football only ?
They sure wouldn't have to find many non-conference games for any sport!!!

Last edited by OCLWarrior; 02-08-19 at 02:53 PM. Reason: Left word out
Old 02-08-19, 03:01 PM
All District

Quote:
Wow, deja vu.
Old 02-08-19, 03:12 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
because I feel that NO team will be added without another school leaving the MAC....here is a KEY.... Minster is one of the original members of the MAC...
Old 02-08-19, 03:17 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
because I feel that NO team will be added without another school leaving the MAC....here is a KEY.... Minster is one of the original members of the MAC...
Yeah I know Minster is an original member so what. I think the MAC would accept FL right now if they would be willing to join for all sports, it would be a slam dunk for everyone involved , I see no negatives to it at all.
Old 02-08-19, 03:38 PM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Yeah I know Minster is an original member so what. I think the MAC would accept FL right now if they would be willing to join for all sports, it would be a slam dunk for everyone involved , I see no negatives to it at all.
not without another school leaving....that's what
Old 02-08-19, 03:47 PM
All World

serpico will become famous soon enough
Quote:
It would make for an odd amount of football-playing schools and thus bye weeks. Those were a major pain for ADs to fill.
Old 02-08-19, 04:46 PM
All Region

CC Track Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
I tend agree but two differences are DSJ doesn't have pool of athletes with vouchers to bring in that LCC does and DSJ will bring quite a few more paying fans to away games.
Old 02-08-19, 05:10 PM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
Here's a scenario I would be happy with:

Parkway joins the NWC and Fort Loramie and Anna leave the SCAL together and join for all sports. However, I don't know how likely that would be. Its nice to at least throw ideas out there.
Old 02-08-19, 05:23 PM
All American

Quote:
I believe they're joint members of both leagues. If Anna and Fort Loramie could manage to do the same thing then more power to them. Of course this only happens if Parkway were to leave for the NWC.
Old 02-08-19, 09:29 PM
All Ohio

Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
For being in an area that has a lot of German heritage, you really like your "carbonated pisswater". This is the most repeated phrase I have heard from German exchange students and visitors describing American light beer. At least drink some thing with flavor.
It is only the old quantity drinkers who down all that corporate stuff (and maybe the young cheap people). The craft stuff is huge in MAC land. That's why there is a craft brewery in Coldwater, another in Maria Stein that is undergoing a major expansion, and one under construction in New Bremen
Old 02-08-19, 11:04 PM
Junior Varsity

BelowTheLine is on a distinguished road
As someone who is not from the area is there any chance the MAC asks Anna to either commit to playing all sports or move on thus opening a spot for Fort Loramie?
Old 02-08-19, 11:53 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BelowTheLine View Post
As someone who is not from the area is there any chance the MAC asks Anna to either commit to playing all sports or move on thus opening a spot for Fort Loramie?
No.
Old 02-09-19, 01:20 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
It would make for an odd amount of football-playing schools and thus bye weeks. Those were a major pain for ADs to fill.
True however the MAC has to think long term, FL would be a natural fit for the MAC and who knows what the landscape is going to look like 5 years from now. In the past I think the MAC has been too short sighted in adding teams just for expansion purposes ( DSJ ) or for scheduling reasons ( Anna ) without really considering what I consider the main long term goal being is this school a fit culturally for the MAC. Fort Loramie checks that box and would be an excellent addition to the MAC, just get it done.
Old 02-09-19, 02:02 PM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
So the feeling in the MAC is FL joins that and not a conference with East, Covington, Milton-Union and Bethel?
I think the Redskins are a natural fit in the MAC as well. Iím shocked they arenít a member yet.

I know talk around Miami county is about FL joining a new league to be named. Anna is a great fit in the MAC, why not Ft Loramie?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-09-19, 02:25 PM
All American

Blue Jay Fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
True however the MAC has to think long term, FL would be a natural fit for the MAC and who knows what the landscape is going to look like 5 years from now. In the past I think the MAC has been too short sighted in adding teams just for expansion purposes ( DSJ ) or for scheduling reasons ( Anna ) without really considering what I consider the main long term goal being is this school a fit culturally for the MAC. Fort Loramie checks that box and would be an excellent addition to the MAC, just get it done.
DSJ was added in 1983. Fort Recovery and New Knoxville joined in 1977. Versailles in 2001. Why did you single out DSJ? Why do we not fit in "culturally"?
Old 02-09-19, 02:53 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Jay Fan View Post
DSJ was added in 1983. Fort Recovery and New Knoxville joined in 1977. Versailles in 2001. Why did you single out DSJ? Why do we not fit in "culturally"?
Delphos culturally is more like Kenton than New Bremen, Saint Henry, Maria Stein or any other MAC school.
Old 02-09-19, 03:46 PM
All District

Basement Bias is an unknown quantity at this point
How many MAC schools have wrestling? I know Coldwater and Parkway, but who else? I'm glad Crestview is finally! My step son is doing well as a Kindergartner. Could be another sport that the league could excel in.
Old 02-09-19, 06:50 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basement Bias View Post
How many MAC schools have wrestling? I know Coldwater and Parkway, but who else? I'm glad Crestview is finally! My step son is doing well as a Kindergartner. Could be another sport that the league could excel in.
Coldwater, St Johns, Parkway, and Versailles
Old 02-09-19, 07:50 PM
All District

Quote:
Delphos culturally is more like Kenton than New Bremen, Saint Henry, Maria Stein or any other MAC school.
Are you saying that St. John's is LESS Catholic than the other schools you mentioned?
Old 02-09-19, 08:47 PM
All District

Basement Bias is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post
Coldwater, St Johns, Parkway, and Versailles
That is disappointing. Hopefully the rest give it a shot. It's a great sport and really helps football teams in the offseason. A lot of misconception in this part of Ohio about the sport, which is a darn shame.
Old 02-09-19, 09:00 PM
All World

Quote:
Are you saying that St. John's is LESS Catholic than the other schools you mentioned?
I said Delphos was different culturally than most MAC communities not the school DSJ per se . However their is a lot more to the culture of a community than just their religious denomination.