Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 01-06-19, 01:54 PM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Madison-Northridge

Madison has plowed through injuries for a 9-1 start

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...IjCpBgDqUDzFK/
Old 01-06-19, 06:07 PM
Varsity

jbob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornets33 View Post
It also makes my heart feel good that Valley View beat Franklin. The time of Franklin being on top is over and I could not feel better. I can not wait until Franklin and company comes to Monroe in a few weeks. It always feels good to beat them. I guarantee a win that night and Bales and company will be crying the whole way home! Monroe is coming!
Im a hornets fan but i wouldnt go that far with it. Hornets arent coming. I agree with you on Franklin and the next time they play it will be Monroes Seniors National Championship lol. Big win against Brookville but i think their coach blew that one. By no means hes not a bad coach I think hes awesome. He runs plays for his best players and utilizes them something hornets coach doesnt do. What i think he did wrong was keep pressing when the pg from Monroe kept shredding it multiple times. Other kid for hornets who had lots ot points man the kid plays hard. You will not see brookville pressing that much against them next time and Brookville still wins the league i think. Solid team and good coach none the less it was great to see hornets knock off their undefeated record

Last edited by jbob; 01-07-19 at 06:33 AM.
Old 01-09-19, 05:15 AM
All American

Madison-Monroe

Third-quarter explosion powers Madison past Hornets

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...vnTubMQANsAzK/
Old 01-11-19, 09:07 PM
Junior Varsity

SWOH2032 is on a distinguished road
Waynesville beats Carlisle 76-57
Old 01-12-19, 03:38 AM
All American

Franklin-Eaton

Emrick erupts for 39 points, Franklin buries Eaton

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...1cW5VwABioywO/
Old 01-12-19, 08:40 AM
All American

eagle172 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eagle172
Hornets/Lumberjacks

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post
Im a hornets fan but i wouldnt go that far with it. Hornets arent coming. I agree with you on Franklin and the next time they play it will be Monroes Seniors National Championship lol. Big win against Brookville but i think their coach blew that one. By no means hes not a bad coach I think hes awesome. He runs plays for his best players and utilizes them something hornets coach doesnt do. What i think he did wrong was keep pressing when the pg from Monroe kept shredding it multiple times. Other kid for hornets who had lots ot points man the kid plays hard. You will not see brookville pressing that much against them next time and Brookville still wins the league i think. Solid team and good coach none the less it was great to see hornets knock off their undefeated record
I see the impressive loss against Oakwood last night will help them get rolling
Old 01-17-19, 06:43 AM
Junior Varsity

Injunjoe is on a distinguished road
The Carlisle basketball team has turned into a complete dumpster fire on and off the court.
Old 01-17-19, 07:12 AM
All District

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Injunjoe View Post
The Carlisle basketball team has turned into a complete dumpster fire on and off the court.
I see that they have lost 6 out of 7 which isn't good. I'm just curious as to why you said it's also turned to a complete dumpster fire off the court as well?
Old 01-17-19, 08:31 AM
Varsity

jbob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle172 View Post
I see the impressive loss against Oakwood last night will help them get rolling

As I stated Franklin game was Monroe's National Championship lol for it's Seniors and they got it done with some excellent defense and good shooting.
Old 01-17-19, 08:56 AM
Varsity

Northridge2010 is on a distinguished road
Northridge has got to stop giving up huge leads and im putting that mostly on the coaching staff. They started the stebbins game 19-2 and built a 21 point lead at the end of the first quarter. Stebbins cut it down to 6. The rotation the coaches do are very questionable. Their bench is deeper than the coaches are willing to go. Also (seems to me) once the coach builds a big lead he takes most of his starters out thinking they will maintain that lead and it ends up biting him in the butt. I know im not a coach but i know the game of basketball. No lead is safe until late in the 4th quarter. Frustrating that the coach and players keep letting up after building big leads. Keep your best players in there and make a statement with a blowout win instead of letting teams that are not as good as you back in the game.
Old 01-18-19, 06:50 AM
Junior Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
I see that they have lost 6 out of 7 which isn't good. I'm just curious as to why you said it's also turned to a complete dumpster fire off the court as well?
On the court a player was kicked out of a game for technicals for mouthing the official. Off the court three players were suspended from school for serious legal violations.
Old 01-18-19, 08:40 PM
Junior Varsity

SWOH2032 is on a distinguished road
Waynesville getting out played by Northridge. Score 60-37 in the 4th quarter. Northridge is making almost everything and Waynesville obviously isnít. Looks like they will split this year.
Old 01-19-19, 03:32 AM
All American

Madison-Carlisle

Streaking Madison fights off Carlisle, prepares to go Flyin'

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...VtMFQXZ6Mym0H/
Old 01-21-19, 06:43 AM
Junior Varsity

Three Carlisle basketball players that were underclassmen were suspended from the school and team for drugs. The coach has been in contact with one particular family by coaching them on how to appeal and try to reduce the school punishments. Unfortunately the coach has worked harder trying to reduce school discipline than trying to improve this basketball team.
Old 01-22-19, 05:59 AM
All American

Madison-Harvest Prep

Madison dealt 'painful' loss by D-III power while Flyin'

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...Eag2FzHf9Pf4N/
Old 01-22-19, 09:41 AM
All Ohio

Youknow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestOhioGuy17 View Post
Madison dealt 'painful' loss by D-III power while Flyin'

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...Eag2FzHf9Pf4N/
Thatís a hard dose of reality. Problem for teams like Madison brookville Anna etc. is thereís at least 2 other teams as good as harvest for them to even get out of districts. They have to start playing much better non conf schedules to prepare themselves for that level. The teams above play weak schedules and get state ranked because of their schedule and itís smoke and mirrors
Old 01-22-19, 09:52 AM
All Ohio

ilikefootball10 is on a distinguished road
Madison is just too slow to hang with more athletic teams. They will need a great draw to win districts. Deer park, stivers, purcell, just too much for them.
Old 01-22-19, 10:03 AM
Junior Varsity

JackAttack is on a distinguished road
Not sure about Deer Park or Purcell, but Stivers is beatable. Madison is athletic enough to "hang" with them.
Old 01-22-19, 10:18 AM
All Ohio

Youknow is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
Not sure about Deer Park or Purcell, but Stivers is beatable. Madison is athletic enough to "hang" with them.
Madison would probably have a better chance against deer park especially without their big. But i can tell you purcell is a different animal. They scored at will on deer park. Not only are they big but their bigs are super athletic. Many think Purcell could give moeller their first loss. Regardless my point is they have to start scheduling way tougher out of conf. Even if it means a loss it prepares your team. I mean Anna last year I felt was a great team decent size, great athletes, shooters but Purcell ran them out of the gym at UD. The story the next day was similar to the Madison story today. Fastest guys theyíve ever played. Not used to the speed of the game. Go play Stivers and Cj and Trotwood. Or go to Cincy and play Middletown or Purcell or Hamilton.
Old 01-22-19, 12:50 PM
Junior Varsity

JackAttack is on a distinguished road
As far as being challenged as a program, I agree. If you want to be a competitive program year in and year out, you need to play 4-5 games outside your comfort zone. If you want to make any run in the state tournament you can't just play teams that are similar to you and your league, regardless if it's fast or slow tempo of play. I'm just not sure too many programs are that committed to making a strong run in the tournament every year. It seams they are content with trying to win their league and hoping they do well after that in the tournament.
Old 01-22-19, 03:37 PM
Varsity

kinda wished northridge wouldve stayed d3 instead of moving to d2. d2 is very tough and you have to go through trotwood just to get to districts and that aint happening for any area team. since northridge got its starting center back from suspension from the first 6 or so games they are starting to become a well balanced team and should win a couple playoff games. their two stars are twon hines and charles drewery. both of them are in top 5 in the league in ppg, rpg, spg, and bpg. twon averaging 20, 7, and 4spg and drewery averaging 15,8,2.6 spg, and 2 bpg. theyve won 4 of their last 5 by an average of 24 ppg. only see them losing one more game the rest of the year.
Old 01-22-19, 03:52 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northridge2010 View Post
kinda wished northridge wouldve stayed d3 instead of moving to d2. d2 is very tough and you have to go through trotwood just to get to districts and that aint happening for any area team. since northridge got its starting center back from suspension from the first 6 or so games they are starting to become a well balanced team and should win a couple playoff games. their two stars are twon hines and charles drewery. both of them are in top 5 in the league in ppg, rpg, spg, and bpg. twon averaging 20, 7, and 4spg and drewery averaging 15,8,2.6 spg, and 2 bpg. theyve won 4 of their last 5 by an average of 24 ppg. only see them losing one more game the rest of the year.
I'm thinking maybe 2 more losses (Madison and Stivers). The Meadowdale game will also be a good one. I was a little surprised at how high Northridge's enrollment number is. If it wasn't for the competitive balance number, Northridge would be a D3 school. I take it Northridge has quite a few players from outside the school district?
Old 01-22-19, 04:57 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
I'm thinking maybe 2 more losses (Madison and Stivers). The Meadowdale game will also be a good one. I was a little surprised at how high Northridge's enrollment number is. If it wasn't for the competitive balance number, Northridge would be a D3 school. I take it Northridge has quite a few players from outside the school district?
Iím not sure about how many are outside district but I see Northridge bearing Madison the second time. The first time they met Madison had a great first quarter but the 2-4 quarter was a 2 point difference. Northridge best Stivers last year and Northridge has the same starting core as last year. Iím not sure how good meadowdale is this year but Northridge whooped them in the tournament last year. But I think between those three games Northridge will lose one of them. If they had their starting center from the beginning of the season they wouldíve never lost to preble or waynesville. They proved that by destroying waynesville by almost 30 at waynesville last week.
Old 01-23-19, 07:52 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northridge2010 View Post
Iím not sure about how many are outside district but I see Northridge bearing Madison the second time. The first time they met Madison had a great first quarter but the 2-4 quarter was a 2 point difference. Northridge best Stivers last year and Northridge has the same starting core as last year. Iím not sure how good meadowdale is this year but Northridge whooped them in the tournament last year. But I think between those three games Northridge will lose one of them. If they had their starting center from the beginning of the season they wouldíve never lost to preble or waynesville. They proved that by destroying waynesville by almost 30 at waynesville last week.
You could be right, but that would be my prediction. I clearly don't know as much as about Northridge's team as you do. If that was to happen though, Northridge would finish 13-8 and hopefully get a decent seed for the tourney. As you stated D2 is tough, and at that point it will just come down to the draw.
Old 01-23-19, 08:07 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucksfan937 View Post
you could be right, but that would be my prediction. I clearly don't know as much as about northridge's team as you do. If that was to happen though, northridge would finish 13-8 and hopefully get a decent seed for the tourney. As you stated d2 is tough, and at that point it will just come down to the draw.
northridge is 8-6 right now. If they were to only lose one more game the rest of the season they would finish 14-7. If the win out theyd finish 15-6 after starting the season 4-5 with most of those losses without their key rebounder and second best player. I guess we will see how it plays out. Northridge is just a glimmer of how good they were a few years ago.
Old 01-26-19, 11:03 AM
Freshman

Hornets33 is on a distinguished road
Hornets Rolling

Hornets are starting to play really well. Wins over Brookville, Franklin (told you so) and now Eaton by 40 plus. The league is very interesting all of sudden with Oakwood winning vs. Brookville. Oakwood and Monroe are right in the thick of things. Brookville still has to play a tough schedule including Franklin at Franklin. I am predicting the Hornets winning the league! The time has come to the end for Franklin....their run is over! Monroe will win the league this year and for the next 3 years with their young talent!
Old 01-26-19, 01:28 PM
Varsity

Northridge has won 5 of last 6 games by an average of close to 30 points. They are starting to really play well together. After starting season 4-5 they are 9-6 and could possibly win out if they play well against Madison and Stivers. Meadowdale will be a tough one tonight as well
Old 01-26-19, 09:45 PM
Varsity

Great OT win for the Bears over meadowdale. 5 in a row.
Old 01-27-19, 06:20 PM
Varsity

I think, aside from Dixie, that the Buckeye side is collectively better than the SW side of the league. In years past the SW teams have always been collectively better. The way some of the teams at the top of SW have lost to teams at the bottom of the SW shows that they arenít as good as the Buckeye side. Again aside from Dixie. The top 4 on the Buckeye are better than the top 4 on SW side
Old 01-27-19, 10:51 PM
All District

Matt Goeller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackAttack View Post
As far as being challenged as a program, I agree. If you want to be a competitive program year in and year out, you need to play 4-5 games outside your comfort zone. If you want to make any run in the state tournament you can't just play teams that are similar to you and your league, regardless if it's fast or slow tempo of play. I'm just not sure too many programs are that committed to making a strong run in the tournament every year. It seams they are content with trying to win their league and hoping they do well after that in the tournament.
I have to admit, what I have seen as the collective SWBL mindset of winning the league as goal 1a has always struck me as short sighted. Seems aiming higher might be a good idea.