Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 12-21-18, 08:01 AM
Varsity

Northridge2010 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by injunjoe View Post
where would dixie and preble shawnee go? And why is franklin playing preble shawnee? Supposedly a divison 1 team playing a divison 3 team? Canít franklin play miamisburg, lebanon or fenwick?
franklin isnt a great division 1 team anymore. Preble shawnee will prolly beat them lol or it will at least be close. Just because you are in a lower division doesnt mean the higher division team is gonna win.
Old 12-21-18, 08:20 AM
All District

SWOHHoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northridge2010 View Post
franklin isnt a great division 1 team anymore. Preble shawnee will prolly beat them lol or it will at least be close. Just because you are in a lower division doesnt mean the higher division team is gonna win.
Franklin has never been a great D1 team, they were D2 for years and just bumped to D1. They have very little chance of success in the D1 tournament.

Franklin beat Preble 80-62 on Tuesday. The Cats were up by 22 after 3 and the game was never in doubt
Old 12-21-18, 08:29 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by swohhoops View Post
franklin has never been a great d1 team, they were d2 for years and just bumped to d1. They have very little chance of success in the d1 tournament.

Franklin beat preble 80-62 on tuesday. The cats were up by 22 after 3 and the game was never in doubt
thanks for clarifying. I was thinking franklin was d2 when kennard was there but wasnt sure.
Old 12-21-18, 10:29 AM
Varsity

swblhoops is on a distinguished road
Kennards group would have been better off playing D1 in the tournament. D2 in Dayton is brutal.
Old 12-21-18, 08:12 PM
Varsity

Northridge up 48-13 against Dixie at halftime. Northridge starting center from last year is finally able to play. Even though Dixie isnít that good, he definitely makes Northridge a better team in the league.
Old 12-21-18, 09:09 PM
Varsity

Northridge 82-33. Played without their starters for most of second half
Old 12-22-18, 07:38 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Now stay classy Northridge. Your inner-ridge runner is shining. My take is that Da Ridge should join Trotwood in the Public League.
You’re good in one sport. That’s it.
Old 12-22-18, 11:32 AM
Varsity

What about that wasn’t classy LOL. Sounds like a bitter Milton union alumni that has never been good at any sport LOL. Northridge isn’t the greatest this year either I was just giving information from what I saw at the game. Northridge coach was very classy. The starters only played three minutes in the second half the rest of the time JV and the bench played.
Old 12-23-18, 08:38 AM
All Yappi

BlessEmAll is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to BlessEmAll
Never good at anything? Huh? I was talking about you staying classy. Don’t get on here and start crap with people. Punks like you come and go quickly on Yappi. Stick to the facts and show some class. I know that’s a stretch for you. I never said anything about the Ridge coach. Typically they are decent.
Bitter? What would I be bitter about? Please tell me. I was never on a single team in any sport that lost to Northridge. I was on many championship teams at MU, should I be bitter about that?
Northridge is a better fit, athletically, for the Public League.
Old 12-23-18, 11:37 AM
All American

SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Monroe-Talawanda

New-look Monroe rebounds with big win over Talawanda

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...X6uA7bp7sbvhN/
Old 12-23-18, 11:45 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessEmAll View Post
Never good at anything? Huh? I was talking about you staying classy. Donít get on here and start crap with people. Punks like you come and go quickly on Yappi. Stick to the facts and show some class. I know thatís a stretch for you. I never said anything about the Ridge coach. Typically they are decent.
Bitter? What would I be bitter about? Please tell me. I was never on a single team in any sport that lost to Northridge. I was on many championship teams at MU, should I be bitter about that?
If Iím not mistake. You were the one that started crap. With the low blow about staying classy. Nothing I said or posted was unclassy. You were the one that started something and then try to deflect what you said and blame me lol. And as long as I ever played for northridge especially in basketball MU was always at the bottom of the league. Quit with the woe is me crap lol.
Old 12-23-18, 03:37 PM
All District

SWOHHoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That is an interesting take since they haven't had a wining season in football in a real long time and aren't competitive in most sports. Franklin has run the big school basketball side for years playing a similar style as Northridge. Should they also leave since they play a style most SWBL schools can't keep up with?
Old 12-23-18, 11:07 PM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOHHoops View Post
That is an interesting take since they haven't had a wining season in football in a real long time and aren't competitive in most sports. Franklin has run the big school basketball side for years playing a similar style as Northridge. Should they also leave since they play a style most SWBL schools can't keep up with?
This guy is the one who started everything lol. I will absolutely agree that other than basketball and track northridge hasnít really ever been good at any other sport. This year was their first winning football season in decades
Old 12-25-18, 04:44 PM
Freshman

Hornets33 is on a distinguished road
Hope everyone had a great holiday. The Southwest side looks to be Brookville's to win. I still believe Monroe, Bellbrook, Oakwood and maybe Franklin has a chance. You can never count Franklin out, but I am not sure they can do it this year with all of their youth and injuries. We had a great win the other night vs. Talawanda, but they are down. I am hoping the break helps the Hornets out. Cant wait to watch some area teams over the break. Go Hornets!
Old 12-25-18, 07:23 PM
All Region

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
This guy is the one who started everything lol. I will absolutely agree that other than basketball and track northridge hasnít really ever been good at any other sport. This year was their first winning football season in decades
Northridge needs to replace their entire football coaching staff. They are older than dirt and are still clueless. There are enough athletes to be competitive. If they knew how to use their athletes their numbers would increase. They could recruit city league talent to move in.
Old 12-25-18, 11:38 PM
Varsity

jbob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornets33 View Post
Hope everyone had a great holiday. The Southwest side looks to be Brookville's to win. I still believe Monroe, Bellbrook, Oakwood and maybe Franklin has a chance. You can never count Franklin out, but I am not sure they can do it this year with all of their youth and injuries. We had a great win the other night vs. Talawanda, but they are down. I am hoping the break helps the Hornets out. Cant wait to watch some area teams over the break. Go Hornets!
Franklin is the only team that has a chance to beat Brookville out in the League. Monroe has no chance. Not that they cant beat anyone in the league they just arent consistent to win it. Losing to Eaton up 10 with 2mins left is unacceptable. As much as it is the kids fault its the the coaching fault as well. They went into prevent mode after dominating the second half and thats what happens when u worry about running time off vs scoring. They had 3 turnovers in 30secs none of which the coach could write something up to get the ball into his ball handlers and then after a timeout they didnt even get a shot off in regulation. He did switch some things up against Talawanda but they are horrible so its hard to tell what the new kids playing will do. Talawandas offense seemed identical to Monroes boring and too much passing that lead to more turnovers then baskets. Molz has never utilized his best players since he has been in Monroe instead he tries to coach too much. You can do both ask Bales. One thing Molz has done well is got hos kids to play well against the teams expected to win the league so we will see if that continues when they play brookville this season. Got some younger kids on the team im excited to see in the next couple years if they stay with the team. Hornets just dont have enough to compete in the league this season.
Old 12-26-18, 07:49 AM
All District

BucksFan937 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post
Franklin is the only team that has a chance to beat Brookville out in the League. Monroe has no chance. Not that they cant beat anyone in the league they just arent consistent to win it. Losing to Eaton up 10 with 2mins left is unacceptable. As much as it is the kids fault its the the coaching fault as well. They went into prevent mode after dominating the second half and thats what happens when u worry about running time off vs scoring. They had 3 turnovers in 30secs none of which the coach could write something up to get the ball into his ball handlers and then after a timeout they didnt even get a shot off in regulation. He did switch some things up against Talawanda but they are horrible so its hard to tell what the new kids playing will do. Talawandas offense seemed identical to Monroes boring and too much passing that lead to more turnovers then baskets. Molz has never utilized his best players since he has been in Monroe instead he tries to coach too much. You can do both ask Bales. One thing Molz has done well is got hos kids to play well against the teams expected to win the league so we will see if that continues when they play brookville this season. Got some younger kids on the team im excited to see in the next couple years if they stay with the team. Hornets just dont have enough to compete in the league this season.
Monroe losing to Eaton is a head scratcher. I've seen Eaton this year and they are bad. I can't imagine any team that loses to them competing for a league title. The only 2 teams that I think have a chance to compete with Brookville is Franklin and Bellbrook. Franklin already has 2 league losses though, and we will find out more with Bellbrook over the next couple of weeks. I don't think anybody will be able to catch Brookville and I feel the worst thing that they may have is 1 league loss, but that will still be enough to win them the division outright.
Old 12-26-18, 08:28 AM
Varsity

jbob is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
Monroe losing to Eaton is a head scratcher. I've seen Eaton this year and they are bad. I can't imagine any team that loses to them competing for a league title. The only 2 teams that I think have a chance to compete with Brookville is Franklin and Bellbrook. Franklin already has 2 league losses though, and we will find out more with Bellbrook over the next couple of weeks. I don't think anybody will be able to catch Brookville and I feel the worst thing that they may have is 1 league loss, but that will still be enough to win them the division outright.
I agree with you 100% It is definitely a head scratcher and up 10 with 2mins left and you lose. When you lose games like that you have no chance to compete in the league. With Franklin having 2 losses it will be tough to catch Brookville especially when they only get 1 more shot at them. I don't see Bellbrook getting it done for the simple fact they lost to Monroe so they will be in for a few more losses however they did put it on Franklin in their first game against each other. Overall I think the whole League is down this year and any team can beat each other on any given night.
Old 12-26-18, 08:40 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbob View Post
I agree with you 100% It is definitely a head scratcher and up 10 with 2mins left and you lose. When you lose games like that you have no chance to compete in the league. With Franklin having 2 losses it will be tough to catch Brookville especially when they only get 1 more shot at them. I don't see Bellbrook getting it done for the simple fact they lost to Monroe so they will be in for a few more losses however they did put it on Franklin in their first game against each other. Overall I think the whole League is down this year and any team can beat each other on any given night.
From the looks of how the season has went so far I'd say you are right that just about any team can beat each other on any given night. You just need someone to knock off Brookville a time or two to give the other teams a chance to fight back into it. Until then Brookville is in good shape.
Old 12-26-18, 10:46 AM
All American

eagle172 is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to eagle172
SW Division

Quote:
Originally Posted by BucksFan937 View Post
From the looks of how the season has went so far I'd say you are right that just about any team can beat each other on any given night. You just need someone to knock off Brookville a time or two to give the other teams a chance to fight back into it. Until then Brookville is in good shape.
It looks like Brookville is definitely in the drivers seat. They are a Senior laden team and neither Franklin or Bellbrook starts any Seniors. Franklins' freshmen are loaded with 10 solid players and they are logging not only the Freshman teams minutes but most of the JV minutes and both squads are undefeated.If Brookville does drop one before they get to the middle of Feb.the last 2 games are at Franklin and at Valley View. It could get interesting.
Old 12-26-18, 11:17 AM
Junior Varsity

DonJuanDeMarco is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Never good at anything? Huh? I was talking about you staying classy. Donít get on here and start crap with people. Punks like you come and go quickly on Yappi. Stick to the facts and show some class. I know thatís a stretch for you. I never said anything about the Ridge coach. Typically they are decent.
HIGH SCHOOL CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-28-18, 09:22 PM
Junior Varsity

SWOH2032 is on a distinguished road
Waynesville beats Bellbrook 51-50
Old 12-31-18, 08:03 AM
Varsity

Northridge really has to get it together in the coaching department. Really disappointed in some of the decisions so far this year. The belmont game was a huge let down. Northridge started the first quarter 17-0 and let belmont end the quarter on a 10-3 run. Northridge best player has been in a slump and the coach kept letting him shoot stupid shots to let belmont have transition buckets. After going up 17-0 belmont outscored northridge 30-9 to go up 2 at halftime. The coach shouldve sat his best player to make him realize shooting 25 times in a game and making 4 hurts the team. Northridges center started the game and played very well throughout the first half getting key rebounds and blocks but saw little action the second half which was a head scratcher. Somethings gotta change
Old 12-31-18, 08:40 AM
All Region

Pickeringtonsports is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickeringtonsports View Post
Northridge needs to replace their entire football coaching staff. They are older than dirt and are still clueless. There are enough athletes to be competitive. If they knew how to use their athletes their numbers would increase. They could recruit city league talent to move in.
For the record, I am a Northridge Alum from way back in the day when we were actually good at Football and Baseball (so that tells you how far back in the day). Anyway, my kids play for Pickerington Central and Ridgeview Junior High so I have witnessed how programs are built.

Northridge needs new leadership in their athletic department and the Football coaches all need to be let go and replaced with competent/experienced coaches. The conference is not that good from top to bottom so you do not need a lot just to be competitive if you have good coaching. They should be competitive in Football, Basketball and Track every year.
Old 01-04-19, 09:29 PM
Varsity

Northridge 77 Carlisle 40. Northridge finally played a complete game. They shot well. Defended well. And didnít fall apart in the second quarter like the past 2 games. Look forward to seeing them play Madison tomorrow
Old 01-04-19, 10:40 PM
All District

Surprising score of the night. Definitely making things more interesting in the Southwestern Division.

Monroe 63
Brookville 56
Old 01-05-19, 07:07 AM
Junior Varsity

Injunjoe is on a distinguished road
Talking

Quote:
Northridge 77 Carlisle 40. Northridge finally played a complete game. They shot well. Defended well. And didnít fall apart in the second quarter like the past 2 games. Look forward to seeing them play Madison tomorrow
Carlisle unfortunately looked unprepared and clueless. You would think with the time off between games the coach would have team ready to play. NOT! The Dixie game cant come quick enough
Old 01-05-19, 10:18 AM
Varsity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Injunjoe View Post
Carlisle unfortunately looked unprepared and clueless. You would think with the time off between games the coach would have team ready to play. NOT! The Dixie game cant come quick enough
Northridge did a great job at shutting the big guy down. They were undersized but played great defense against him and never let Carlisle get set up to get it down low to the big guy. I looked at stats the past 5 or 6 years and northridge usually has 100 plus more steals at the end of the season than any other team in the league. Thatís their strong suit and thatís what keeps them in most games.
Old 01-05-19, 05:09 PM
Freshman

Hornets knock off the Devils! That is a great win for us. That was the best team ball I have seen us play in a lot of years here. We can run the table in the league if we play like that! Kudos to the players and staff!
Old 01-05-19, 05:13 PM
Freshman

It also makes my heart feel good that Valley View beat Franklin. The time of Franklin being on top is over and I could not feel better. I can not wait until Franklin and company comes to Monroe in a few weeks. It always feels good to beat them. I guarantee a win that night and Bales and company will be crying the whole way home! Monroe is coming!