Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Boys Basketball

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #151  
Old 02-13-19, 01:39 PM
America America is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-20-15
Posts: 1,741
America is an unknown quantity at this point
CJ had to go to overtime vs LCC last night ... Last 4 games have been 2 losses and 2 OT squeakers.
Reply With Quote
  #152  
Old 02-14-19, 09:51 AM
JElder JElder is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 13,678
JElder is on a distinguished road
I heard Coach Neal from RB was thrown out of the game vs. Alter. They lost by 32 so I'm guessing frustration is setting in?
Reply With Quote
  #153  
Old 02-14-19, 10:03 AM
KnightofOld KnightofOld is offline
Freshman
 
Join Date: 11-13-18
Posts: 22
KnightofOld is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
I heard Coach Neal from RB was thrown out of the game vs. Alter. They lost by 32 so I'm guessing frustration is setting in?
Officiating was really, really bad on both sides. Both teams were fouling hard and no calls were being made. I believe Roger Bacon had a total of 4 technical fouls, 2 on their coach, 2 on two of their players. It was quite an ugly game. Alter played pretty well, but the game got out of hand.
Reply With Quote
  #154  
Old 02-14-19, 10:07 AM
America America is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-20-15
Posts: 1,741
America is an unknown quantity at this point
Roger Bacon will be really good in two years. They have a lot a of sophomores playing this year.
Reply With Quote
  #155  
Old 02-14-19, 10:19 AM
JElder JElder is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-30-02
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 13,678
JElder is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnightofOld View Post
Officiating was really, really bad on both sides. Both teams were fouling hard and no calls were being made. I believe Roger Bacon had a total of 4 technical fouls, 2 on their coach, 2 on two of their players. It was quite an ugly game. Alter played pretty well, but the game got out of hand.
It was a 32 point game how bad could the officiating have been? 4 T's...It sounds like RB players and coach were out of control.
Reply With Quote
  #156  
Old 02-14-19, 10:31 AM
America America is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-20-15
Posts: 1,741
America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by JElder View Post
It was a 32 point game how bad could the officiating have been? 4 T's...It sounds like RB players and coach were out of control.
The GCL website says Roger Bacon had 16 fouls in the game. Someone I know from Alter said Alter had 19 fouls, so 35 fouls called in one game is a lot when you aren't trying to foul at the end during a close contest.
Reply With Quote
  #157  
Old 02-15-19, 09:39 PM
jrcheezb jrcheezb is offline
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-03-13
Posts: 29
jrcheezb is on a distinguished road
Carroll CJ

Huge win for Carroll beats CJ in overtime! Cogan does it again!
Reply With Quote
  #158  
Old 02-15-19, 10:07 PM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,711
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Purcell 55
Mcnick 48
Reply With Quote
  #159  
Old 02-16-19, 05:18 AM
SouthwestOhioGuy17 SouthwestOhioGuy17 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-22-15
Posts: 1,957
SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Alter-Fenwick

Fenwick coach unhappy with effort in loss to Alter

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...na2vtaMRlsPmJ/
Reply With Quote
  #160  
Old 02-16-19, 07:38 AM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,711
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
7 of 8 teams finish over .500.
Reply With Quote
  #161  
Old 02-16-19, 02:26 PM
America America is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-20-15
Posts: 1,741
America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestOhioGuy17 View Post
Fenwick coach unhappy with effort in loss to Alter

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...na2vtaMRlsPmJ/
Beat down by Alter
Reply With Quote
  #162  
Old 02-17-19, 09:11 PM
GCLman4525 GCLman4525 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-09-11
Posts: 506
GCLman4525 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcheezb View Post
Huge win for Carroll beats CJ in overtime! Cogan does it again!
According to the GCL website, CJ shot 32% from the field, 25% from 3 and 53% from the free throw line. Not gonna win too many games shooting like that. Just not their night. I’m sure they’ll bounce back just fine.
Reply With Quote
  #163  
Old 02-18-19, 02:00 PM
Ballgame75 Ballgame75 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 06-07-04
Location: Dayton OH
Posts: 3,313
Ballgame75
not to mention the game meant nothing other than being the super bowl for carroll
Reply With Quote
  #164  
Old 02-18-19, 02:38 PM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,711
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballgame75 View Post
not to mention the game meant nothing other than being the super bowl for carroll
Doesn't matter. Did CJ not want to win? Did they not play their usual starters?
Reply With Quote
  #165  
Old 02-18-19, 03:32 PM
chwestbroo chwestbroo is online now
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-17-18
Location: In my mom's basement
Posts: 36
chwestbroo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin20 View Post
Doesn't matter. Did CJ not want to win? Did they not play their usual starters?
IMO Lack of focus. Looking ahead toward the tourney instead of focusing at the task at hand.
Reply With Quote
  #166  
Old 02-18-19, 05:55 PM
Irwin20 Irwin20 is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-14-11
Location: Cincinnati
Posts: 3,711
Irwin20 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chwestbroo View Post
IMO Lack of focus. Looking ahead toward the tourney instead of focusing at the task at hand.
That happens, HS kids. Just responding to my perceived swipe at Carroll, maybe I misread the comment.
Reply With Quote
  #167  
Old 02-18-19, 08:58 PM
GCLman4525 GCLman4525 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-09-11
Posts: 506
GCLman4525 is on a distinguished road
Has to leave a bad taste in CJ’s mouth, seeing as that was Staley’s last home game. However, I’m pretty sure he’s only lost to Carroll a handful of times in his whole coaching career. Pretty remarkable honestly.
Reply With Quote
  #168  
Old 02-18-19, 10:00 PM
America America is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-20-15
Posts: 1,741
America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCLman4525 View Post
Has to leave a bad taste in CJ’s mouth, seeing as that was Staley’s last home game. However, I’m pretty sure he’s only lost to Carroll a handful of times in his whole coaching career. Pretty remarkable honestly.
I know Petro only lost to Carroll 5 times in 50 years while at Alter. I'm sure in Staley's 30+ years, that number is probably under 10 as well. Both are legendary coaches.
Reply With Quote
  #169  
Old 02-19-19, 06:34 AM
SouthwestOhioGuy17 SouthwestOhioGuy17 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-22-15
Posts: 1,957
SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Fenwick-Clinton-Massie

Fenwick celebrates Senior Night with emphatic victory

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...JJCbMOxCuW6XO/
Reply With Quote
  #170  
Old 02-19-19, 09:02 AM
America America is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-20-15
Posts: 1,741
America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthwestOhioGuy17 View Post
Fenwick celebrates Senior Night with emphatic victory

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...JJCbMOxCuW6XO/
Article sounds like Fenwick played well. Heard Caleb Davis from Fenwick came back after being suspended the last 3 games by Kreke. He's a difference maker on defense.

I always think the draw should be later than it is because teams either end up folding or get better as the season goes on. A lot of them have 4+ games left to play. Alter beats Fenwick by 15 and 20 this year. Fenwick beats Massie by 20. Fenwick and Massie both got higher seeds.

Out of Cincy, I think the winner of the CJ/Fenwick/Alter sectional is going to play McNicholas.
Reply With Quote
  #171  
Old 02-19-19, 11:09 AM
America America is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-20-15
Posts: 1,741
America is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love cheeseburgers View Post
Both Fenwick and Massie sat their starters for considerable amounts during this game. This just illustrates that a 22 game season is too long and if you get weather delays like this game was and its played after the tourney draw, what incentive is there for either team to risk injury leading into the tourney?
That's a good point to do. Since this was a make up game, it would have probably been a better contest 2 1/2 weeks ago when it was originally scheduled.
Reply With Quote
  #172  
Old 02-21-19, 01:56 PM
chwestbroo chwestbroo is online now
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-17-18
Location: In my mom's basement
Posts: 36
chwestbroo is on a distinguished road
3 GCL schools in the Dayton 1 region, Alter, CJ, and Fenwick. Everyone will be itching to go at each other. Games between them should be tight and whoever comes out will be legit.
Reply With Quote
  #173  
Old 02-21-19, 07:37 PM
cincyhoops cincyhoops is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-23-06
Posts: 2,423
cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chwestbroo View Post
3 GCL schools in the Dayton 1 region, Alter, CJ, and Fenwick. Everyone will be itching to go at each other. Games between them should be tight and whoever comes out will be legit.
Not sure why CJ went where they did on the bracket, now they have to beat both Alter and Fenwick. They could have gone where Fenwick is and made Fenwick and Alter play each other first.
Reply With Quote
  #174  
Old 02-21-19, 10:08 PM
Looseball Looseball is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 06-16-14
Posts: 362
Looseball is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhoops View Post
Not sure why CJ went where they did on the bracket, now they have to beat both Alter and Fenwick. They could have gone where Fenwick is and made Fenwick and Alter play each other first.
CJ went there to avoid Trotwood in the district finals. CJ went up before Alter and Fenwick. They didn’t have to go up with CJ, but they chose the option of playing someone who has beaten them twice instead of playing who..... Thurgood Marshall??
Reply With Quote
  #175  
Old 02-21-19, 11:18 PM
cincyhoops cincyhoops is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-23-06
Posts: 2,423
cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Looseball View Post
CJ went there to avoid Trotwood in the district finals. CJ went up before Alter and Fenwick. They didn’t have to go up with CJ, but they chose the option of playing someone who has beaten them twice instead of playing who..... Thurgood Marshall??
I’m not talking about anyone going in the other sectional. CJ could’ve taken the line that Fenwick went on and probably would’ve gotten two easy games before having to play the fenwick/alter. Fenwick gets to play valley view then Monroe. CJ has to play alter in round 2. CJ should’ve taken the line that plays the team that got the bye. Major screw up by CJ coaching staff. Hard to believe Staley didn’t know that with as long as he’s been coaching.
Reply With Quote
  #176  
Old 02-22-19, 07:16 AM
Ballin50 Ballin50 is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 04-21-12
Posts: 385
Ballin50 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhoops View Post
I’m not talking about anyone going in the other sectional. CJ could’ve taken the line that Fenwick went on and probably would’ve gotten two easy games before having to play the fenwick/alter. Fenwick gets to play valley view then Monroe. CJ has to play alter in round 2. CJ should’ve taken the line that plays the team that got the bye. Major screw up by CJ coaching staff. Hard to believe Staley didn’t know that with as long as he’s been coaching.
Good Point! However, Alter could of avoided CJ in the second round. Alter had the choice of playing Fenwick first round or take the bye and play them second round. Alter decided to play a winnable game first round then take on CJ in the second. Who's to say Alter wouldn't of went after CJ if they took the top line?!
Reply With Quote
  #177  
Old 02-22-19, 07:21 AM
Greenandwhite98 Greenandwhite98 is offline
Varsity
 
Join Date: 04-28-13
Posts: 57
Greenandwhite98 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincyhoops View Post
I’m not talking about anyone going in the other sectional. CJ could’ve taken the line that Fenwick went on and probably would’ve gotten two easy games before having to play the fenwick/alter. Fenwick gets to play valley view then Monroe. CJ has to play alter in round 2. CJ should’ve taken the line that plays the team that got the bye. Major screw up by CJ coaching staff. Hard to believe Staley didn’t know that with as long as he’s been coaching.
You're saying Coach Staley should've taken the bye or gone where Fenwick/Valley View went?

Let's say he goes to one of those three places. Fenwick goes to the bottom half of that bracket. Badin, Massie, Ross, will all still go up top, nothing changed for them. What makes you think Alter doesn't either take the bye if CJ doesn't or go to the Saturday at 1pm game. Originally, if Alter wanted to either avoid CJ or "jump on" Fenwick they would've gone where Monroe went. If they wanted to avoid those teams all together there were clearly still lines available up top. It would've all worked out the same just flipped from top to bottom.

Not sure you thought your point out all the way. I'm going with the guy with all the wins and 30+ years of experience.
Reply With Quote
  #178  
Old 02-22-19, 07:31 AM
cincyhoops cincyhoops is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 03-23-06
Posts: 2,423
cincyhoops is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenandwhite98 View Post
You're saying Coach Staley should've taken the bye or gone where Fenwick/Valley View went?

Let's say he goes to one of those three places. Fenwick goes to the bottom half of that bracket. Badin, Massie, Ross, will all still go up top, nothing changed for them. What makes you think Alter doesn't either take the bye if CJ doesn't or go to the Saturday at 1pm game. Originally, if Alter wanted to either avoid CJ or "jump on" Fenwick they would've gone where Monroe went. If they wanted to avoid those teams all together there were clearly still lines available up top. It would've all worked out the same just flipped from top to bottom.

Not sure you thought your point out all the way. I'm going with the guy with all the wins and 30+ years of experience.
I'm saying CJ should have gone where Fenwick is. Because most coaches want to at least win one tournament game. Alter would've likely still gone where they are so they can win a tournament game and then play Fenwick. Yes everyone else would've pretty much gone in same spots and CJ and Fenwick would be switched... much easier path for CJ had they gone where Fenwick is. I doubt Alter was trying to play CJ rather than Fenwick. Alter beat Fenwick twice this year and lost to CJ twice. Alter just picked the spot where they could at least play a game and win before either having to play CJ or Fenwick.
Reply With Quote
  #179  
Old 02-23-19, 06:25 AM
SouthwestOhioGuy17 SouthwestOhioGuy17 is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 07-22-15
Posts: 1,957
SouthwestOhioGuy17 is on a distinguished road
Badin-Ponitz

Badin finds more first-round magic against Ponitz

https://www.journal-news.com/sports/...eGlZF7SqgXCxJ/
Reply With Quote
  #180  
Old 02-23-19, 02:18 PM
chwestbroo chwestbroo is online now
Junior Varsity
 
Join Date: 11-17-18
Location: In my mom's basement
Posts: 36
chwestbroo is on a distinguished road
Fenwick beats Valley View 50-35.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
GCL South (X, Elder, Moeller, LaSalle) 2013-2018 Pope Francis 1 Football 480 11-20-18 12:28 PM
2018 GCL Coed alphaomegawick Football 328 11-10-18 06:01 AM
GCL Coed 2018 ThatRandomGuy Baseball 0 03-12-18 09:10 PM
Prep Hoops Ohio (Rankings) Krasula24 Boys Basketball 3 02-01-18 08:54 AM
Wolverine-Buckeye tournaments - Over 1,000 entries for 2018 already Wolverine-Buckeye TC Baseball 0 12-28-17 11:21 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:37 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz