Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Wrestling

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Closed Thread

Old 02-15-19, 07:11 AM
All District

TheJect is on a distinguished road
Columbus Catholic

What happened to the programs at Columbus DeSales and Bishop Ready. These programs used to be so exciting.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-19, 07:44 AM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheJect View Post
What happened to the programs at Columbus DeSales and Bishop Ready. These programs used to be so exciting.
Stay tuned.... DeSales is primed to become a juggernaut, along the lines of the other great Catholic dynasties St. Ed's and St. Paris.
Old 02-15-19, 09:17 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lambeau Fields View Post
Stay tuned.... DeSales is primed to become a juggernaut, along the lines of the other great Catholic dynasties St. Ed's and St. Paris.
Really? That is saying something. Is Hartley now the dominant Catholic program in Columbus?
Old 02-15-19, 09:27 AM
All District

LowCrotch is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Really? That is saying something. Is Hartley now the dominant Catholic program in Columbus?
Meh, I suppose. If this is what you consider dominant.

47. Cin. Indian Hill 7.0
Col. Bishop Hartley 7.0
Lima Shawnee 7.0
Parma Padua Franciscan 7.0
Old 02-15-19, 09:51 AM
Freshman

spekwa is on a distinguished road
Quote:
St. Paris Graham isnít a catholic school.
Old 02-15-19, 10:24 AM
All Region

AHM is on a distinguished road
Quote:
No there not. Once Palmer starts to realize what hes really working with with the current sports culture in the school he will be gone.

I felt sorry for them wednesday night at ccls.
Old 02-15-19, 11:45 AM
All World

Lambeau Fields will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by AHM View Post
No there not. Once Palmer starts to realize what hes really working with with the current sports culture in the school he will be gone.
The Bad News Bears didn't reach the mountain top until after Morris Buttermaker left. Have faith.
Old 02-15-19, 02:10 PM
All World

MPhillips will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by spekwa View Post
SAINT Paris Graham. Obviously Catholic and private. You can also take all your classes 'online' if you live too far away to show up. Except of course during wrestling season.
Old 02-15-19, 02:12 PM
All World

MPhillips will become famous soon enough
Quote:
♪ ♪♪ Trolling, trolling, trolling. Keep the post a trolling. ♪♪
Old 02-15-19, 02:44 PM
All World

cruiser_96 will become famous soon enough
CCL
DeSales
Hartley
Ready
St. Charles
Watterson

Ebbs and flows, although the times of the 50s through even the late 1990s seems much different than today concerning attending private schools.
Old 02-15-19, 04:11 PM
All District

No DiSabatos or Thatchers coming through the halls of Ready nowadays. Those were events not to be missed.
Old 02-15-19, 04:39 PM
All Ohio

TheFan1 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by spekwa View Post
It really is a timeless response that never gets old. MPhillips, you really need to add a hook, line and sinker gif to beaten horse repertoire
Old 02-16-19, 03:46 PM
All Ohio

TCSoup is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I felt sorry for them wednesday night at ccls.
LOl, You must be about 10 years old.

Let's see you claim to have spoken to many DeSales parents at the CCL meet the other night.
They have 6 kids currently on the Team.
Cole Potts dad helps Coach so i doubt if you spoke to him.
There is I believe 1 Senior and the other 4 are either Freshman or maybe a Sophomore .
So which Parent or ( Parents did you talk to ) ?
You talk about their Sports culture like you know something which you don't.
You do know this right .
They are planning a massive renevation of the Sports complex which when completed will be 2nd to none in the CCL .
Including a new Stand alone Baseball facility. And all weather practice fields for all Boys and Girls outside sports.
Or how about this i have said many times Hartley is the best of the worst in FB and Wrestling in the CCL . Its not the old CCL where in both Sports Hartley was a speed bump to Watterson, DeSales and most years Ready in Football and behind all 3 in Wrestling including now defunct Wherle .
Hartley may qualify 3 to the State this year with probably 2 placers and a 12th to 15th place finish . In CCL terms that meant DeSales and Ready would be looking for a new Head Coach and Watterson would be concerned.

As bad as you make things up here are some facts from 2018-19
In Freshman Football probably the smallest ( 19-20 ) kids DeSales football team
which finished 3-6 beat the crap out of Hartley's Freshman team 24-6 .
The DeSales Freshman Basketball Team just finished a 17-2 Season tying Watterson at 7-1 for the CCL Championship and Beating Hartley twice by a combined 29 points in 2 games.
So if DeSales parents are concerned at the Freshman level your parents must be in a complete melt down and by your concern about DeSales i can see you are.
Maybe you just need to worry about your own house son.
It plays a lot better than disparaging others to make yourself seem better.

Oh and i'm sure they don't need your fake pity.....

Watterson and DeSales both will eventually be just fine in Wrestling maybe even back to qualifying a couple kids to the State and hoping for a Top 12-15th finish....
Old 02-17-19, 06:36 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCSoup View Post

Let's see you claim to have spoken to many DeSales parents at the CCL meet the other night.
There is I believe 1 Senior and the other 4 are either Freshman or maybe a Sophomore .
You do know this right .
They are planning a massive renevation of the Sports complex which when completed will be 2nd to none in the CCL .
Including a new Stand alone Baseball facility. And all weather practice fields for all Boys and Girls outside sports.
Or how about this i have said many times Hartley is the best of the worst in FB and Wrestling in the CCL . Its not the old CCL where in both Sports Hartley was a speed bump to Watterson, DeSales and most years Ready in Football and behind all 3 in Wrestling including now defunct Wherle .
Hartley may qualify 3 to the State this year with probably 2 placers and a 12th to 15th place finish . In CCL terms that meant DeSales and Ready would be looking for a new Head Coach and Watterson would be concerned.

The DeSales Freshman Basketball Team just finished a 17-2 Season tying Watterson at 7-1 for the CCL Championship and Beating Hartley twice by a combined 29 points in 2 games.
So if DeSales parents are concerned at the Freshman level your parents must be in a complete melt down and by your concern about DeSales i can see you are.

Watterson and DeSales both will eventually be just fine in Wrestling maybe even back to qualifying a couple kids to the State and hoping for a Top 12-15th finish....
I don’t have the Hartley freshmen scores so I’m just going to assume you are correct

But I saw the desales wrestling team and they follow the current trend of being a sad remnant of a once proud program.

I’ve heard about the new athletic facility planned at desales. I’ve also heard that a large shopping mall will be built on Mars before that becomes a reality.

Not that it matters but I’ve been familiar with the ccl for a long time. I graduated from Hartley in 1989 and have relatives at every ccl school except Ready. I saw wrestling when it was at its best. But I also have two eyes. I can see what’s happening at Hartley and what’s happening at desales. If you can’t that’s too bad. Keep celebrating the freshmen wins and hoping for the glory days.

Last edited by AHM; 02-17-19 at 06:51 AM.
Old 02-18-19, 02:57 AM
All Region

pintowin27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

You do know this right .

Hahahah you donít know what youíre talking about either calling Hartley ď best of the worst ď is laughable. 6 straight CCL titles extremely dominantly is what I have been wittinessing. Not to mention they could have 6 state qualifiers realistically and two of which are ranked number two in the state. Donít even bring football into this Hartley has just a much better program than Desales, the days of Desales being dominant at sports has ended and you just hate to see it. Hartley has won more state titles in football than Desales has won CCL titles in wrestling in the last 10 years. Take a lap TCSoup youíre a joke buddy.. Poor Palmer heís the man but will have to deal with incompetent people like you 😂.
Old 02-22-19, 05:17 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
I don’t have the Hartley freshmen scores so I’m just going to assume you are correct

But I saw the desales wrestling team and they follow the current trend of being a sad remnant of a once proud program.

I’ve heard about the new athletic facility planned at desales. I’ve also heard that a large shopping mall will be built on Mars before that becomes a reality.

Not that it matters but I’ve been familiar with the ccl for a long time. I graduated from Hartley in 1989 and have relatives at every ccl school except Ready. I saw wrestling when it was at its best. But I also have two eyes. I can see what’s happening at Hartley and what’s happening at desales. If you can’t that’s too bad. Keep celebrating the freshmen wins and hoping for the glory days.
then if you don't know the scores of the freshman teams you outta keep your mouth shut. Because it obviously shows your ignorance.

Then you did not see the best in CCL Wrestling .
You were what born in 71 .
DeSales won the State in 71,74,77 Runners up in 76 and I believe 78
Was named the Team of the Decade any Division by Mr Brakeman himself.
During the 70's and early 80's before you had pubs was the best of the CCL.

You no nothing of the History of the CCL . Hell i watched Art Best play.

Mark Zimmer who i wrestled with and against has more State Titles than your whole wrestling program has
to set the record straight on how mediocre even now you guys are.

Last edited by TCSoup; 02-22-19 at 05:38 PM.
Old 02-22-19, 05:19 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by pintowin27 View Post
Hahahah you donít know what youíre talking about either calling Hartley ď best of the worst ď is laughable. 6 straight CCL titles extremely dominantly is what I have been wittinessing. Not to mention they could have 6 state qualifiers realistically and two of which are ranked number two in the state. Donít even bring football into this Hartley has just a much better program than Desales, the days of Desales being dominant at sports has ended and you just hate to see it. Hartley has won more state titles in football than Desales has won CCL titles in wrestling in the last 10 years. Take a lap TCSoup youíre a joke buddy.. Poor Palmer heís the man but will have to deal with incompetent people like you 😂.
thats exactly what Hartley is the best of the worst. Sucks i know but its fact.

Hell i called the demise of DeSales Football 5 years ago.
the whole Catholic league is a joke from what it once was .
Old 02-24-19, 12:58 AM
All Ohio

Quote:
Hartley will not have 6 State Q's barley had 6 District Q's

Will be happy to get 4 to the State.
the Eastern District is no joke as you will find out.
Old 02-24-19, 08:52 AM
All Region

Crab Ride is on a distinguished road
I love watching Catholics fight.
Old 02-24-19, 09:59 AM
All Region

Quote:

Youre having a tough time coming to grip with reality.
Old 02-24-19, 01:35 PM
All Region

pintowin27 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

Rathburn, both Petrellas, Moran, Jackson, and Micah Norwood... You don't know much pal.
Old 02-24-19, 03:43 PM
All American

Hammerdrill is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Rathburn, both Petrellas, Moran, Jackson, and Micah Norwood... You don't know much pal.
Why don't we just wait a week, and we will know for sure who is right? Kind of silly to argue a question that we know for sure will be answered one way or another.
Old 02-24-19, 05:00 PM
All Region

Iroquois is on a distinguished road
Desales must have picked up a couple of kids, they had Seven at the Licking Valley sectional.
Old 02-24-19, 06:28 PM
All District

Warriorviking is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Ok yes Rathburn little Petrella Norwood and maybe Jackson you have 3 -4 state qualifier anymore than that's a pipedream.
Old 02-25-19, 02:13 PM
Freshman

tjones85 is on a distinguished road
Catholics Rivals YES!! all we are missing is a collection plate and a summer festival with cheap booze.
Old 02-25-19, 04:26 PM
All District

rr23724 is on a distinguished road
Bingo!!!
Old 02-26-19, 09:51 AM
Varsity

TKrebs is on a distinguished road
I have faith that Palmer can turn around DeSales. He just needs to be patient. It won't happen overnight.
Old 02-26-19, 11:24 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by TKrebs View Post
I have faith that Palmer can turn around DeSales. He just needs to be patient. It won't happen overnight.
Its not going to happen with the current leadership and culture of the school. Its not. Its just not. Those of us who have been around the school recently can attest to that. Those of you who have not been in the school since 1995 are living in the school that time forgot.
Old 02-26-19, 12:11 PM
All World

cruiser_96 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjones85 View Post
Catholics Rivals YES!! all we are missing is a collection plate and a summer festival with cheap booze.
Let us not forget the flame, kindling, and posts for burning people who find zero biblical warrant for transubstantiation and purgatory, believe in eternal salvation by faith alone in Christ alone (apart from sacrament), or even adhere to the principle of solas scriptura!

Ooooooh. Things just got real!

Old 02-26-19, 05:04 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Its not going to happen with the current leadership and culture of the school. Its not. Its just not. Those of us who have been around the school recently can attest to that. Those of you who have not been in the school since 1995 are living in the school that time forgot.
My Son Graduated in 2012 , His class alone Won 4 State Championships

2 In Baseball the 11 Team didn't have one Senior started all Juniors.
On Graduation day in 12 they Won 2 alone in One Day ( Baseball and LaCrosse )
the Girls of 12 also pitched in with A State Championship that year.

As usual you spout a bunch of nonsense like a scorned child with no fact.
i asked you to name one DeSales parent you talked to and i"m still waiting for a answer Straw Man.

i asked you if you wanted to match State Champions the last 10 years crickets.

Hell you didn't even know DeSales has been kicking your Freshmen'
s teams $ss all year.

My honest opinion Karl Rd's best days as a dominant FB or Wrestling program
are way behind them .
I've stated that before.
it has nothing to with the culture .
But their history can't be denied.....

Can they make a State Final again in FB sure
But I think Palmer has a better chance of turning the Wrestling program around.

I'm not going to set you straight again as i have much better things to do.
And as i said before especially on the Wrestling board where these guys live, eat and breathe wrestling be careful as you are a 3rd grader dealing with guys with PH D's .
Closed Thread