Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-11-19, 10:21 AM
All Region

ReadyKnightsFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stirred not Shaken View Post
Why does a school have to leave the MAC for FL to join other than the reason of football scheduling but like I said who knows what the future holds. Fort Loramie community wise would almost be a perfect fit for the MAC. Also their overall sports teams are better than most teams in the MAC increased competition is a good thing.
Fort Loramie football is definitely trending upward coming off a season in which they won the Regional Championship but outside of that, FL brings competition across the board:

Boys basketball was ranked #1 in the state this time last year

Girls basketball has won 2 State Championships in the past 7 years and are ranked #1 in the state again this year

Reigning Boys Cross Country State Champs (Also won State in 2016)

Girls Cross Country were State Runner Up to Minster

Reigning Baseball State Champions (3 State Championships since 2007)

This should be a slam dunk for all parties if (AND ONLY IF) Loramie is willing to join in all sports.
Old 02-11-19, 10:30 AM
All World

serpico will become famous soon enough
Here’s another drawback: Loramie would be on the extreme southeast part of the MAC map. How would Fort Recovery and Parkway feel about another long drive?

I think it’s a moot point anyway, as I can’t see Loramie wanting to abandon its longtime SCAL rivals.
Old 02-11-19, 10:43 AM
All Region

Quote:
Originally Posted by serpico View Post
Here’s another drawback: Loramie would be on the extreme southeast part of the MAC map. How would Fort Recovery and Parkway feel about another long drive?

I think it’s a moot point anyway, as I can’t see Loramie wanting to abandon its longtime SCAL rivals.
We're discussing hypotheticals but Versailles and Anna are more out of the way for a lot of teams in the league. Just for the sake of discussion Fort Recovery is:

..25 miles to Fort Loramie
..25 miles to Versailles
..26 miles to Rockford
..29 miles to New Knoxville
..34 miles to Anna
..54 miles to Delphos

FL, Minster, and New Bremen are all within a couple of miles of each other. Thats over half the league within similar distance or further.

Last edited by ReadyKnightsFan; 02-11-19 at 11:02 AM.
Old 02-11-19, 10:55 AM
All World

Stirred not Shaken is on a distinguished road
Quote:

1st statement really ?
2nd statement : Don't have to, PG and Leipsic participate fully in two leagues.
Old 02-11-19, 11:40 AM
All World

bigkat is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Hereís another drawback: Loramie would be on the extreme southeast part of the MAC map. How would Fort Recovery and Parkway feel about another long drive?

I think itís a moot point anyway, as I canít see Loramie wanting to abandon its longtime SCAL rivals.
Parkway maybe, St Johns maybe...but Fort Recovery not a long drive I don't consider it a long drive from Minster to Fort Recovery, and Minster is 2-3 miles from Loramie, besides maybe some Fort Recovery Fans would be glad because people couldn't say we are playing the FORT......
Old 02-11-19, 11:52 AM
All District

OCLWarrior is on a distinguished road
Key Question

A key question has not been asked. What kind of vote does it take to admit new members? Unaminious, 3/4, 2/3, majority vote of members to admit?
Old 02-11-19, 12:02 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post
Fort Loramie football is definitely trending upward coming off a season in which they won the Regional Championship but outside of that, FL brings competition across the board:

Boys basketball was ranked #1 in the state this time last year

Girls basketball has won 2 State Championships in the past 7 years and are ranked #1 in the state again this year

Reigning Boys Cross Country State Champs (Also won State in 2016)

Girls Cross Country were State Runner Up to Minster

Reigning Baseball State Champions (3 State Championships since 2007)

This should be a slam dunk for all parties if (AND ONLY IF) Loramie is willing to join in all sports.
That's all well and good, but FL can still do that in the SCAL and the competition would probably be about the same as the MAC. A key question should be, does FL want to join the MAC? I have not seen any response from any one from there. Do they want to drive an hour or more to Delphos and Rockford? I am not talking football, all sports including junior high.

Last edited by OCLWarrior; 02-11-19 at 12:05 PM. Reason: Info
Old 02-11-19, 02:48 PM
All District

IndianaBanana is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
Parkway maybe, St Johns maybe...but Fort Recovery not a long drive I don't consider it a long drive from Minster to Fort Recovery, and Minster is 2-3 miles from Loramie, besides maybe some Fort Recovery Fans would be glad because people couldn't say we are playing the FORT......
#OneAndOnlyFort
Old 02-11-19, 05:14 PM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by OCLWarrior View Post
A key question has not been asked. What kind of vote does it take to admit new members? Unaminious, 3/4, 2/3, majority vote of members to admit?
I just hope they have to show a picture ID when they vote
Old 02-11-19, 05:16 PM
All World

Quote:
That's all well and good, but FL can still do that in the SCAL and the competition would probably be about the same as the MAC. A key question should be, does FL want to join the MAC? I have not seen any response from any one from there. Do they want to drive an hour or more to Delphos and Rockford? I am not talking football, all sports including junior high.
I think the competition in all sports is better in the MAC then in the Shelby county league.
Old 02-13-19, 04:03 PM
All Region

cknights is on a distinguished road
Two things NWC.....first, the NWC does not need Parkway. Neighboring schools use them as a good out of conference opponent in many sports including basketball, track, and baseball/softball. They are also the opening game for Crestview in football every year. Although, it has been fairly lopsided. That said, Parkway is a fine school with some great sports traditions. I'm not sure why everyone wants them kicked from the MAC?

Second, the NWC did not kick out LCC. LCC left, but likely on the premise that they were being booted. In five years, LCC won 24 NWC titles. At the time, they certainly were pulling the cream of the crop from the Lima area. That said, my school (Crestview), still plays LCC in nearly every sport, both mens and womens, every year. They are a fine independent. I find it highly unlikely that the NWC would find any problem in accepting DSJ, unless of course Jefferson didn't want them. In that case, the NWC would likely allow Jefferson's wishes to be granted. Again, though, the NWC does not need DSJ. We use them as a good out of conference game in many sports as well.

Just doing some light reading today and seen Parkway/DSJ/LCC discussions tied in with the NWC. Carry on with your discussion on FL. Haha.
Old 02-13-19, 04:14 PM
All Yappi

thavoice is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cknights View Post
Two things NWC.....first, the NWC does not need Parkway. Neighboring schools use them as a good out of conference opponent in many sports including basketball, track, and baseball/softball. They are also the opening game for Crestview in football every year. Although, it has been fairly lopsided. That said, Parkway is a fine school with some great sports traditions. I'm not sure why everyone wants them kicked from the MAC?

Second, the NWC did not kick out LCC. LCC left, but likely on the premise that they were being booted. In five years, LCC won 24 NWC titles. At the time, they certainly were pulling the cream of the crop from the Lima area. That said, my school (Crestview), still plays LCC in nearly every sport, both mens and womens, every year. They are a fine independent. I find it highly unlikely that the NWC would find any problem in accepting DSJ, unless of course Jefferson didn't want them. In that case, the NWC would likely allow Jefferson's wishes to be granted. Again, though, the NWC does not need DSJ. We use them as a good out of conference game in many sports as well.

Just doing some light reading today and seen Parkway/DSJ/LCC discussions tied in with the NWC. Carry on with your discussion on FL. Haha.
PRetty sure they left after the NWC voted to get them out of the league, but it doesn't matter, they got out.

The conference isn't adding, or getting rid of everyone. People must just be bored with no football to talk about.
Old 02-13-19, 04:37 PM
All District

IndianaBanana is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by thavoice View Post
The conference isn't adding, or getting rid of everyone. People must just be bored with no football to talk about.

These truly are the dogdays of the yappi season.
Old 02-13-19, 04:55 PM
All World

Quote:
PRetty sure they left after the NWC voted to get them out of the league, but it doesn't matter, they got out.

I think this was started about this time last year...but a little different, with the CCC doing some changes.... the same can be said about Loramie, great school, great sports programs, but at this time, unless somebody would drop out, don't see them or any other school being added to the MAC
Old 02-14-19, 09:29 AM
All Region

cknights is on a distinguished road
Quote:

https://timesbulletin.com/Content/Sp...nce/3/6/170225

Nope. LCC left on their own accord. They knew the hammer was coming though. That said, my school has a very good relationship with AD/Head Basketball Coach Frank Kill. He was on the 96 and 97 Lincolnview State Basketball teams and is married to one of our guidance counselors. Just setting the record straight. There were some schools in our conference that hated it, though. Especially the football "powerhouses" in the early 2000s that lost their ability to compete for/win league championships every year.
Old 02-17-19, 11:55 AM
All American

StateChampion2012 is on a distinguished road
The deadline for Parkway's HC Job applications was Friday. Does anybody know how many people applied and is there anybody notable?
Old 02-24-19, 04:02 AM
All American

Base Enrollment #'s were released and they look like this:

Anna: Boys 146 Girls 146 (D6?)

Coldwater: Boys 147 Girls 149 (D6?)

Delphos St Johns: Boys 71 Girls 67 (D7)

Fort Recovery: Boys 122 Girls 109 (D6)

Marion Local: Boys 109 Girls 98 (D6)

Minster: Boys 126 Girls 90 (D6)

New Bremen: Boys 83 Girls 85 (D7)

New Knoxville: Boys 52 Girls 36 (N/A)

Parkway: Boys 124 Girls 110 (D6)

St Henry: Boys 120 Girls 93 (D6)

Versailles: Boys 167 Girls 150 (D5)

https://ohsaa.org/school-resources/school-enrollment
Old 02-24-19, 07:03 AM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by StateChampion2012 View Post

What happened in Minster and St. Henry? There are nearly 1/3 less girls than boys. None of them will probably have a problem getting a date.
Old 02-24-19, 09:15 AM
All Ohio

Rangerfan is on a distinguished road
That's what Fort Loramie girls are for.
Old 02-24-19, 09:33 AM
All World

D4fan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
What happened in Minster and St. Henry? There are nearly 1/3 less girls than boys. None of them will probably have a problem getting a date.
What happened to nearly every school in the MAC?

By my math there are 1,267 boys vs 1,133 girls. 11% MORE BOYS THAN GIRLS?

Is this an anomaly or typical for the region? My freshman health teacher said nationally there are 51 boys vs 49 girls per hundred, or about 2% difference.
Old 02-24-19, 09:52 AM
All World

Quote:

what was the breakdown last time on the numbers, I would think that the Locals will be DIV 7 and with the number of kids from out of district that Coldwater and Anna have, might go to Div 5 are the CB numbers figured in yet?

Last edited by bigkat; 02-24-19 at 10:25 AM.
Old 02-24-19, 01:36 PM
Junior Varsity

theterribletowel is on a distinguished road
It is revisionist history to suggest that LCC wasn't pushed out of the NWC. It took two votes from the member schools to admit them in the first place. Crestview might currently have a good relationship with LCC but they were leading the charge behind the scenes along with Lincolnview to push LCC out. Playing non league is one thing winning the league is another.
Old 02-24-19, 01:42 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
what was the breakdown last time on the numbers, I would think that the Locals will be DIV 7 and with the number of kids from out of district that Coldwater and Anna have, might go to Div 5 are the CB numbers figured in yet?
I think that happens in May. I can only speak for CW but I think we had a base boy enrollment of 156 last go around and we were tied for the biggest school in D6.
Old 02-24-19, 05:20 PM
All World

Quote:
I think that happens in May. I can only speak for CW but I think we had a base boy enrollment of 156 last go around and we were tied for the biggest school in D6.
I did see that the schools are suppose to respond by March 5 for these numbers....
Old 02-26-19, 08:20 PM
All American

Quote:
The deadline for Parkway's HC Job applications was Friday. Does anybody know how many people applied and is there anybody notable?
Same question.
Old 02-28-19, 01:05 PM
All District

Quote:
Same question.
It seems like you are the only one who cares. Maybe you ought to get some contacts in the Parkway school district.
Old 02-28-19, 01:28 PM
All Region

Quote:
Same question.
Its crazy that in a successful league such as the MAC, and with how active posters are from all the bases, no one can shed light on the head coaching situation at Parkway.
Old 02-28-19, 02:07 PM
All District

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadyKnightsFan View Post
Its crazy that in a successful league such as the MAC, and with how active posters are from all the bases, no one can shed light on the head coaching situation at Parkway.
See my previous post. I don't remember any one blowing Parkways horn in any of the boards here at Yappi.
Old 03-01-19, 12:22 AM
All American

Quote:
It seems like you are the only one who cares. Maybe you ought to get some contacts in the Parkway school district.
Sad part is you're probably right. Hopefully someone is at least running their weight program so the kids aren't behind.
Old 03-01-19, 10:22 AM
All Region

Just read on Arbiter that after Fort Loramie's home and home with St. Henry the next two seasons, Versailles picks up Fort Loramie for a non conference game in 2021. I believe thats the first time these two schools will face each other.