Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > Boys HS Sports > Football

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 02-05-19, 12:10 PM
All Yappi

EHS 2001 is on a distinguished road
Moeller Gets Another GMC QB Transfer

From Mike Dyer of WCPO:
Quote:
Former Sycamore quarterback Drew Altemuehle recently transferred to Moeller. Altemuehle, a second-team all-GMC selection in 2018, threw for 888 yards and nine touchdowns for the Aviators last season. He was a first-team all-GMC selection as a sophomore in 2017.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/wcpo...0453539249282/
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-19, 12:38 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
In related news Moeller backers wonder out loud on their Yappi team thread why they can't do a deal with Sycamore to use their football stadium.
Old 02-05-19, 01:25 PM
All Ohio

ELK Strong is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EHS 2001 View Post
Why would he transfer to Moeller? Did something happen to Verdon?
Old 02-05-19, 01:40 PM
Junior Varsity

LaneDixon is on a distinguished road
Quote:
He is class of 2020. That makes him a Junior. He cannot play the last 5 games of the year or in the playoffs. Why would anyone do that their Senior year? I guess he has his reasons.

I don't know the answer and I am asking for one, not to be smart or rhetorical. But would a college coach encourage it to get looks the first 5 games ?
Old 02-05-19, 01:51 PM
All District

JustAGuy5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaneDixon View Post
He is class of 2020. That makes him a Junior. He cannot play the last 5 games of the year or in the playoffs. Why would anyone do that their Senior year? I guess he has his reasons.

I don't know the answer and I am asking for one, not to be smart or rhetorical. But would a college coach encourage it to get looks the first 5 games ?
If his address changed, he won't have to sit out...
Old 02-05-19, 02:30 PM
All American

Visitation_Football
He will never see the field with Verdon there.
Old 02-05-19, 02:35 PM
All Ohio

cincifbfan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAGuy5 View Post
If his address changed, he won't have to sit out...
Not necessarily. If he moved and his new address is still within the same district, he will still have to sit; UNLESS, he qualified for one of the loopholes/exceptions in the transfer rules.
Old 02-05-19, 03:41 PM
All District

JustAGuy5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by cincifbfan View Post
Not necessarily. If he moved and his new address is still within the same district, he will still have to sit; UNLESS, he qualified for one of the loopholes/exceptions in the transfer rules.
That's what I was meaning but...yea good catch
Old 02-05-19, 04:00 PM
All American

Rabbit is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
In related news Moeller backers wonder out loud on their Yappi team thread why they can't do a deal with Sycamore to use their football stadium.
Maybe Moeller doesn't want to use their stadium? Maybe the kid and parents wanted a better situation for the son? Why do you insinuate Moeller came in and stole the kid form them?
Old 02-05-19, 04:15 PM
All American

Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitation_Football View Post
He will never see the field with Verdon there.
6'1 215 lb athlete/QB. He can play a number of positions if he can't beat out Verdon.
Old 02-05-19, 04:47 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabbit View Post
Maybe Moeller doesn't want to use their stadium? Maybe the kid and parents wanted a better situation for the son? Why do you insinuate Moeller came in and stole the kid form them?
Seriously Rabbit? I suspect that Moeller would jump at the opportunity to use the Aves stadium as their home field.

I was just pointing out that on the Moeller Yappi team thread some posters have expressed frustration that a deal can't be done with Sycamore over use of their stadium. Obviously this kind of news, no matter the justification, only complicates any hope Moeller has of using that stadium.
Old 02-05-19, 06:34 PM
All American

Quote:
Seriously Rabbit? I suspect that Moeller would jump at the opportunity to use the Aves stadium as their home field.

I was just pointing out that on the Moeller Yappi team thread some posters have expressed frustration that a deal can't be done with Sycamore over use of their stadium. Obviously this kind of news, no matter the justification, only complicates any hope Moeller has of using that stadium.
The bad blood between the schools goes back may decades. If I am betting man, Moeller never even made an attempt to contact them about using their stadium. Not to mention it probably isn't big enough to host GCL games. Looks like Moe heading to Princeton for their games, it's better fit than Sycamore anyway.
Old 02-05-19, 07:34 PM
Moderated User

Redskins1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
The bad blood between the schools goes back may decades. If I am betting man, Moeller never even made an attempt to contact them about using their stadium. Not to mention it probably isn't big enough to host GCL games. Looks like Moe heading to Princeton for their games, it's better fit than Sycamore anyway.
I agree with you Rabbit. Using Sycamore was all just talk. Moeller didn't make an attempt.
Old 02-06-19, 02:37 PM
All American

Visitation_Football
Quote:
6'1 215 lb athlete/QB. He can play a number of positions if he can't beat out Verdon.
Makes sense then. I couldn't see him being the QB with Verdon there.
Old 02-06-19, 02:48 PM
All American

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskins1 View Post
I agree with you Rabbit. Using Sycamore was all just talk. Moeller didn't make an attempt.
I assume they want to move on from Lockland?

I know Moe's campus is land-locked but it has always been a bit of a mystery to me how Moeller and Cleveland St. Ignatius are the two most successful AAA/D1 schools in state history yet don't have their own stadiums.

Would think their respective school communities would be able to raise the funds to buy land and build stadiums. Moeller seems to have been pretty transient ever since Galbreath Field closed. That was probably a nice arrangement for them while it lasted.

I remember some tension with Moeller and the surrounding neighborhood about lights/noise maybe 20 or so years ago when the looked at an on campus stadium.
Old 02-06-19, 03:06 PM
All World

tom 48 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by OUcats82 View Post

I know Moe's campus is land-locked but it has always been a bit of a mystery to me how Moeller and Cleveland St. Ignatius are the two most successful AAA/D1 schools in state history yet don't have their own stadiums.

Would think their respective school communities would be able to raise the funds to buy land and build stadiums. Moeller seems to have been pretty transient ever since Galbreath Field closed. That was probably a nice arrangement for them while it lasted.

I remember some tension with Moeller and the surrounding neighborhood about lights/noise maybe 20 or so years ago when the looked at an on campus stadium.
At Ignatius, a donor offered to build a stadium where the practice field stands with a cantilevered stand over the street. The school said, " No, thanks." If the stadium were to be in another location, there would be security and upkeep. Also, all the teams would have to hop on a bus anyway. It's more fiscally sound to rent.
Old 02-06-19, 03:08 PM
All American

OUcats82 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom 48 View Post
At Ignatius, a donor offered to build a stadium where the practice field stands with a cantilevered stand over the street. The school said, " No, thanks." If the stadium were to be in another location, there would be security and upkeep. Also, all the teams would have to hop on a bus anyway. It's more fiscally sound to rent.
Makes sense. Thanks for the info!
Old 02-06-19, 04:08 PM
Freshman

Canitbe99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visitation_Football View Post
Makes sense then. I couldn't see him being the QB with Verdon there.
The Sycamore QB is a veteran QB with 2 years of Varsity Experience. Verdon has very little Varsity experience. Verdon is a really good athlete, but would better fit as a Wide Receiver. No way that Verdon will play QB in college. His decision making skills, as well as his arm will limit him at the QB position. I think the QB from Sycamore has a good chance of beating out Verdon.
Old 02-06-19, 09:55 PM
All American

The Game
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canitbe99 View Post
The Sycamore QB is a veteran QB with 2 years of Varsity Experience. Verdon has very little Varsity experience. Verdon is a really good athlete, but would better fit as a Wide Receiver. No way that Verdon will play QB in college. His decision making skills, as well as his arm will limit him at the QB position. I think the QB from Sycamore has a good chance of beating out Verdon.
Disagree with your assessment of Verdon. The kid is crazy talented. He was a MaxPreps freshman All-American and offered scholarships to a few SEC schools as a freshman. He should have played a lot more as a sophomore. I think he has a big year next season.
Old 02-07-19, 12:01 AM
MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

MoeDude is on a distinguished road
Quote:
good one lotr10
Old 02-07-19, 07:40 AM
Freshman

Canitbe99 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Game View Post
Disagree with your assessment of Verdon. The kid is crazy talented. He was a MaxPreps freshman All-American and offered scholarships to a few SEC schools as a freshman. He should have played a lot more as a sophomore. I think he has a big year next season.
Hope he does have a big year. Yes he is a talented athlete. Just disagree with his placement. He makes a bigger impact on the Moeller football field in a different position. His college offers are not QB specific by the way.
Old 02-07-19, 09:21 AM
Varsity

ThePrepGuru is on a distinguished road
Sycamore people can shed some light on this question perhaps? Would this kid be transferring because he might not be able to hold off Andrew Fehr, as the potential starter at Sycamore?
Old 02-07-19, 09:37 AM
All World

Egret has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Because the idiots on here say that every time a kid comes in to Massillon. Idiots.
Old 02-11-19, 06:36 PM
All World

JBaller is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrepGuru View Post
Sycamore people can shed some light on this question perhaps? Would this kid be transferring because he might not be able to hold off Andrew Fehr, as the potential starter at Sycamore?
This is a possibility. After taking 80% of the snaps his sophomore year, Altemuehle effectively split time with Fehr last year as a junior. When healthy, Altemuehle was the better quarterback; however, he seemed to be bothered by an injury to his throwing arm/shoulder all season. At his best, Altemuhele is an effective short-to-intermediate passers and a battering ram of a short yardage back. Against Mason this year, he went 18 of 31 for 212 yards and 3 TD passing with 12 carrier for 75 yards rushing. As a sophomore, he completed 66.7% of his passes for 1275 yards, 10 TD and only 1 INT. He clearly can be very effective when healthy. Regardless, I think he was going to share time with Fehr next year. I imagine he may share time with Verdon at Moeller as well give his previous success as a passer. Altemuehle has also played an H-back roll for Sycamore the last two seasons and would likely be utilized in a similar role at Moeller as well.
Old 02-11-19, 06:43 PM
All World

Quote:

Moeller has more than enough space on their campus to build a stadium but they have to get approval from the neighborhoods and their respective jurisdictions behind the school to be able to build stadium lights. The border between Montgomery and Sycamore Township runs just north of Moeller's campus and then through the neighborhood behind the school, so they would have to get approval from both Montgomery and Sycamore Township residents. I know that this was voted on at least twice in the last 20 years and failed miserably both times. Moeller could always build a stadium with no lights and play Saturday day football games like a lot of East coast high school Catholic schools do; however, they don't appear to be interested in that at this time.
Old 02-12-19, 08:35 AM
Junior Varsity

SWOH2032 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePrepGuru View Post
From what I have heard from a good source is that the coaches want to turn the kid into a RB and have Fehr as the starting QB this upcoming season. That is from one of the players.
Old 02-14-19, 01:25 AM
All World

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWOH2032 View Post
From what I have heard from a good source is that the coaches want to turn the kid into a RB and have Fehr as the starting QB this upcoming season. That is from one of the players.
If his arm is shot, that makes sense. Altemuehle threw some ducks last year, but he was clearly hurt. Fehr is the better runner for a read-option attack though, and he will be paired with three good returning backs.
Old 02-14-19, 01:20 PM
All Ohio

Vike16 is on a distinguished road
Quote:

I could be wrong. But I heard Moeller will use Princeton's Viking stadium for 3 games and 1 or 2 at their old stadium
Old 02-14-19, 02:32 PM
All American

Kballer is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vike16 View Post
I could be wrong. But I heard Moeller will use Princeton's Viking stadium for 3 games and 1 or 2 at their old stadium
Schedule was just released and no games are at Lockland. 3 at Princeton, 1 on Moeller’s campus, 1 at UC and the rest on the road.
Old 02-17-19, 10:37 AM
All American

Quote:
Elder just got 2 transfers for Walnut Hills. Should a Moe guy post this to inform the entire state?