Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now
Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 03-20-17, 10:00 AM
BlueJayFan BlueJayFan is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 11-23-14
Posts: 3,438
BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
FBI investigating possible ties between Russia and Trump Campaign

Quote:
FBI Director James Comey on Monday morning confirmed that the bureau is investigating Russian attempts to interfere in the 2016 presidential election including any links or coordination between members of President Trump's campaign and Moscow.

The bombshell revelation puts an end to months of roiling speculation.

Comey declined to provide more details, citing the ongoing nature of the investigation.

I can promise you we will follow the facts wherever they lead, Comey vowed.
http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...mp-team-moscow

Last edited by BlueJayFan; 03-20-17 at 01:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 03-20-17, 10:15 AM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 443
Taco MacArthur is an unknown quantity at this point
What is the point of debate you are trying to bring with this link, BlueJayFan? Whether or not the Trump campaign had connections to Russia? Whether or not one thinks this is worth the FBI's time and resources? Whether or not one thinks Comey and co. will follow the facts wherever they lead? This isn't very clear.

I think this is better served for the General Board.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-20-17, 11:02 AM
19AL63 19AL63 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-21-11
Posts: 990
19AL63 is on a distinguished road
We need to find out what the Clinton family had or used on Comey and then Trump could shut down this investigation just like Hillary did hers. I wish the Liberal Democrats would spend as much time on working to improve our country as they do try to take down and make Trump look bad.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-20-17, 11:14 AM
Gh0st Gh0st is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-18-11
Posts: 2,595
Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 19AL63 View Post
We need to find out what the Clinton family had or used on Comey and then Trump could shut down this investigation just like Hillary did hers. I wish the Liberal Democrats would spend as much time on working to improve our country as they do try to take down and make Trump look bad.
Improving the country does not interest them. Then their voting base goes away. Making everyone feel oppressed is their objective, then they can run to the government for protection.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-20-17, 12:29 PM
19AL63 19AL63 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-21-11
Posts: 990
19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taco MacArthur View Post
What is the point of debate you are trying to bring with this link, BlueJayFan? Whether or not the Trump campaign had connections to Russia? Whether or not one thinks this is worth the FBI's time and resources? Whether or not one thinks Comey and co. will follow the facts wherever they lead? This isn't very clear.

I think this is better served for the General Board.
I think this thread is very political and debatable just like I think this hearing we a talking about is a witch hunt.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-20-17, 12:36 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 42,153
Yappi will become famous soon enough
I think this is a good thing. Get the investigation over and let us know the findings. The only negative is that the media will continue to spin it instead of just reporting the findings.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-20-17, 12:48 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 529
Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Spicer's next briefing should be fun
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-20-17, 12:50 PM
Gh0st Gh0st is offline
All World
 
Join Date: 08-18-11
Posts: 2,595
Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
I think this is a good thing. Get the investigation over and let us know the findings. The only negative is that the media will continue to spin it instead of just reporting the findings.
No, this certainly won't be the end of it. MSBSNBC won't rest.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-20-17, 01:02 PM
bob22 bob22 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 08-18-05
Posts: 919
bob22 is on a distinguished road
Garry Kasparov‏
Verified account
@Kasparov63 3h
3 hours ago


More
The house is on fire, Trump is running around with a box of matches, and the GOP demands to know who called the fire department.
247 replies
10,517 retweets
15,267 likes

Reply
247
Retweet
11K

Like
15K
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 03-20-17, 01:49 PM
arizonawildcat arizonawildcat is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-13-09
Posts: 6,256
arizonawildcat is on a distinguished road
The header should have read, "FBI investigating possible links . . ."
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 03-20-17, 02:48 PM
Taco MacArthur Taco MacArthur is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 03-14-17
Posts: 443
Taco MacArthur is an unknown quantity at this point
Well now that BlueJayFan has revisited this thread to fix the title, maybe he can tell us what he wanted to debate.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 03-20-17, 04:16 PM
Caleb Caleb is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 12-31-05
Posts: 2,259
Caleb is on a distinguished road
I think what needs to be done is every politician, every aid, every staffer including the Clinton and her staff need to come clean on anything discussed with any Russian official the past 5 years. Good or bad lets get the cards on the table on this Russian stuff. Then we can start the investigation from there.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 03-20-17, 04:29 PM
Crusaders Crusaders is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 09-06-04
Location: Not Cincinnati
Posts: 32,320
Crusaders is on a distinguished road
$10 says they find zilch. Just like everyone else
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 03-20-17, 05:54 PM
Possessed Possessed is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 10-22-16
Posts: 2,513
Possessed is on a distinguished road
James Comey should resign. He gave away any respect anyone should have for the office he holds when said Clinton clearly broke several laws but he didn't think she should be prosecuted. What a circus.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 03-20-17, 05:55 PM
Possessed Possessed is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 10-22-16
Posts: 2,513
Possessed is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caleb View Post
I think what needs to be done is every politician, every aid, every staffer including the Clinton and her staff need to come clean on anything discussed with any Russian official the past 5 years. Good or bad lets get the cards on the table on this Russian stuff. Then we can start the investigation from there.
Maybe they can discuss how Clinton sold them our Uranium or maybe what Obama meant by "After the election I'll have more flexibility".

Freaking turds.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 03-20-17, 06:03 PM
chs1971 chs1971 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 07-30-16
Posts: 644
chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Comey confirmed something that we all know already. Will Rachel Maddow have a breaking news report about this?
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 03-20-17, 07:06 PM
BGFalcons82 BGFalcons82 is offline
All District
 
Join Date: 08-01-16
Location: Pickerington, OH
Posts: 185
BGFalcons82 is on a distinguished road
Coney admits they've been on Donald's tail since July. Who got him involved before the conventions were held? The wench was clearly a Russian fave who traded USA uranium for Russian campaign contributions. Is he investigating her and the DNC?

One last question: the vaunted FBI has been on the case for 9 months. So far, they got zilch or we'd be hearing about it. 9 months. This isn't a murder mystery. 9 months of checking their electronic surveillance. Will this charade take 48 months for Coney to wrap up?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 03-20-17, 07:41 PM
nupanther nupanther is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-24-10
Location: Youngstown
Posts: 435
nupanther is on a distinguished road
I know this is predominantly Republican board with no love for anything on the left, but I find it interesting that that 'wiretap' thread hasn't been touched in days. Gee, I wonder why?
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 03-20-17, 08:07 PM
Yappi Yappi is offline
Go Buckeyes
 
Join Date: 04-15-01
Location: Ohio
Posts: 42,153
Yappi will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
I know this is predominantly Republican board with no love for anything on the left, but I find it interesting that that 'wiretap' thread hasn't been touched in days. Gee, I wonder why?
Personally, I think this ties in to the "wiretap" discussion. They've been investigating since July, right? Wouldn't that mean they would be doing some kind of electronic surveillance of the Trump campaign?

When Trump was making his "wiretap" claim, I think most Americans understood that to be any type of electronic surveillance. I wonder if Comey and others are splitting hairs by specifically speaking about wiretaps using the strict definition.

Actually saw someone on CNN say that Obama didn't sneak in to Trump Towers to place taps on his his phones.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 03-20-17, 08:17 PM
19AL63 19AL63 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-21-11
Posts: 990
19AL63 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
I know this is predominantly Republican board with no love for anything on the left, but I find it interesting that that 'wiretap' thread hasn't been touched in days. Gee, I wonder why?
You really wonder why? I wonder why the Times reported about wire tapping and someone had to have surveillance on Flynn to find our what has been reported. Now the reporting of no wiretapping just does not add up. Does it not seem strange to you that they report no illegal surveillance, but admit that someone is leaking classified information. Something is wrong in our Govt and when it is the law enforcement departments that are having the problem it scares me.
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 03-20-17, 09:39 PM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 19,228
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
I know this is predominantly Republican board with no love for anything on the left, but I find it interesting that that 'wiretap' thread hasn't been touched in days. Gee, I wonder why?
Because nothing new has emerged. There is still NO credible evidence that the Russians interfered in the election. Nor has any credible evidence emerged that Trump or his campaign coordinated anything with the Russians. Zip, nada, nothing!

What we have learned today is that the FBI has been investigating whether Trump and his campaign were working with the Russians to effect the election since at least July. This boosts Trump's assertion that he was being spied on. Since it is inconceivable that the Obama administration would not be fully aware of a joint NSA/FBI investigation of a leading presidential candidate six months before the election means that Trumps assertion that "Obama had him wiretapped" is looking truer by the day.

As an aside, today's testimony seemed to trigger more questions than it answered.
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 03-20-17, 10:02 PM
Neopolitan Neopolitan is online now
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 10-12-16
Posts: 529
Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
This is a case where simple logic can lead you to the right answer.

Did Trump conspire with a foreign entity/enemy to influence a US election? Well, the risk of that if caught would have been his reputation and business ruined at best and prison time at worst. Considering I don't think even he thought he had a chance to win(or perhaps even wanted to win for that matter) that seems like a pretty astounding risk to take.

Did Russia attempt to influence the election? Probably. Did they have an effect? Maybe. Did they coordinate with Trump? No.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 03-20-17, 11:41 PM
EagleGuy EagleGuy is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 06-26-16
Location: Greensboro, NC
Posts: 1,057
EagleGuy is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yappi View Post
Personally, I think this ties in to the "wiretap" discussion. They've been investigating since July, right? Wouldn't that mean they would be doing some kind of electronic surveillance of the Trump campaign?

When Trump was making his "wiretap" claim, I think most Americans understood that to be any type of electronic surveillance. I wonder if Comey and others are splitting hairs by specifically speaking about wiretaps using the strict definition.

Actually saw someone on CNN say that Obama didn't sneak in to Trump Towers to place taps on his his phones.
That is, a "reasonable person(s)" - one of our favorite legal terms. Good luck with that regarding some camps.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 03-21-17, 12:31 AM
nupanther nupanther is offline
All Region
 
Join Date: 02-24-10
Location: Youngstown
Posts: 435
nupanther is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by lotr10 View Post
Because nothing new has emerged. There is still NO credible evidence that the Russians interfered in the election. Nor has any credible evidence emerged that Trump or his campaign coordinated anything with the Russians. Zip, nada, nothing!

What we have learned today is that the FBI has been investigating whether Trump and his campaign were working with the Russians to effect the election since at least July. This boosts Trump's assertion that he was being spied on. Since it is inconceivable that the Obama administration would not be fully aware of a joint NSA/FBI investigation of a leading presidential candidate six months before the election means that Trumps assertion that "Obama had him wiretapped" is looking truer by the day.

As an aside, today's testimony seemed to trigger more questions than it answered.

I will agree on your last part- more questions than answers. However, everyone in the intelligence community stated 'no surveillance was ordered'. Now, was Trump a target, or the Russians? I'll use the analogy of a police sting on a drug house, and the Mayor walks in. He gets arrested in the aftermath and says "How DARE you follow me- I'm the mayor!. Mayor, we weren't following you, we're investigating this dope house. Why are you here?

Even Fox news is distancing themselves from this claim and has put Judge Napolitano (sp) on hiatus. And Fox doesn't bow down to pressure
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 03-21-17, 12:47 AM
Possessed Possessed is offline
Cooling Off
 
Join Date: 10-22-16
Posts: 2,513
Possessed is on a distinguished road
https://www.yahoo.com/news/fbi-probe...232954307.html


So let's see... the FBI freely admits that they were investigating any ties between Russian officials and the Trump campaign right? Comey did say that, and its right in the article as well. So... if you're investigating any ties between the Trump campaign and ANY Russians do you attempt to spy on ALL Russians everywhere in hopes of catching something... or simply spy on Trump and all his people? It's a no brainer, and Comey is playing semantics EXACTLY like they did with Clinton. In fact, today Comey would not say if there is an investigation of the leaks but admitted there is an investigation into Trump associates. In one breath they say they won't comment on ongoing investigations, and then come out with that crap.

Bottom line, Comey admitted they are in fact investigating Trump associates. One would have to be stupid to think they weren't doing it during the campaign.
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 03-21-17, 07:09 AM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 19,228
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
I will agree on your last part- more questions than answers. However, everyone in the intelligence community stated 'no surveillance was ordered'. Now, was Trump a target, or the Russians? I'll use the analogy of a police sting on a drug house, and the Mayor walks in. He gets arrested in the aftermath and says "How DARE you follow me- I'm the mayor!. Mayor, we weren't following you, we're investigating this dope house. Why are you here?
There are a couple of critical elements of this story that weaken your analogy IMO:

* There are very specific rules regarding how the NSA handles situations where the "Mayor" (aka, an American citizen) walks into the room while they are spying on a foreign nation. It is against the law for the NSA to "unmask" the American citizen let along "arrest" him. In fact Trey Gowdy pointed out that whoever "unmasks" the identity of a US citizen caught in an NSA surveillance faces up to 10 years in prison.

* You could not arrest the Mayor using information you obtained from an NSA surveillance.

* It would have been very easy for the Obama administration to instruct the Justice Department to investigate Trump & his campaign under the guise of investigating suspected Russian interference in our election. Since the "investigation" involves a foreign country the Obama Justice Department could simply solicit the help of the NSA and it's powerful suite of surveillance tools to conduct the actual investigation. There is plausible deniability to go around if the Obama administration & Justice Department were ever found out: "we didn't do anything wrong we were just investigating those nasty Russians messing with our election".

* Now with the Justice Department, FBI & NSA investigating whether the Russians are helping Trump they are free to spy on Trump & his associates. Information is POWER and with the Obama administrations connection to the NSA surveillance of Trump right up to JANUARY 20, 2017, they could gather all sorts of political info to first aid in defeating Trump in the election and then after the election aid the "resistance" in undermining Trump's legitimacy.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 03-21-17, 07:16 AM
lotr10 lotr10 is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 08-26-03
Location: fairfield, ohio
Posts: 19,228
lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by nupanther View Post
Even Fox news is distancing themselves from this claim and has put Judge Napolitano (sp) on hiatus. And Fox doesn't bow down to pressure
No, Fox news is trying to play both sides here. The Murdocks are anti-Trump as they disagree with his brand of populism. They are Australian carpetbaggers who favor & benefit from the open borders Global economic model that Trump threatens.

Sure there are some Fox folks who are strongly pro-Trump (Hannity comes to mind) but there are also a lot of Fox folks are anti-Trump. Fox is nowhere near as united in their support of Trump, if they could even be said to support him, as the main stream media is united in opposition to Trump.
Reply With Quote
  #28  
Old 03-21-17, 07:51 AM
SWMCinci SWMCinci is offline
All Yappi
 
Join Date: 02-20-07
Location: Outside of Ohio..... Now
Posts: 15,828
SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Wondering if the surveillance also included meetings between the Clinton staffers and the Russians and Obama staff and the Russians?
Reply With Quote
  #29  
Old 03-21-17, 08:15 AM
bigkat bigkat is offline
All American
 
Join Date: 10-06-14
Posts: 1,441
bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGFalcons82 View Post
Coney admits they've been on Donald's tail since July. Who got him involved before the conventions were held? The wench was clearly a Russian fave who traded USA uranium for Russian campaign contributions. Is he investigating her and the DNC?

One last question: the vaunted FBI has been on the case for 9 months. So far, they got zilch or we'd be hearing about it. 9 months. This isn't a murder mystery. 9 months of checking their electronic surveillance. Will this charade take 48 months for Coney to wrap up?
and when will the Democrats(Cummings) start complaining about the COSTS of this?
Reply With Quote
  #30  
Old 03-21-17, 10:21 AM
19AL63 19AL63 is offline
All Ohio
 
Join Date: 03-21-11
Posts: 990
19AL63 is on a distinguished road
I love Trey Gowdy - In an interview when asked about Trump and the wiretaps should he apologize to Obama if it can not be proved.

" When I make factual errors I apologize, sometimes in marriage even when I do not make a factual error I apologize." - T. Gowdy

Another quote from the same Interview:

"You have the dissemination - the felonious dissemination of classified information that will jeopardize 320 million Americans, and I would love it if our friends in the main stream media would focus on the leak as much as they did the wiretap tweet" - Trey Goudy

I can truthfully say I do not like lawyers that are Politician's, but I sure do like to hear Trey Goudy speak the truth.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:42 PM.




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Registration Booster - Powered By Dirt RIF CustUmz