Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority  

Go Back   Yappi Sports - THE Ohio Prep Sports Authority > General Sports > Debate Forum

Hello Guest!
Take a minute to register, It's 100% FREE! What are you waiting for?
Register Now

Old 03-09-17, 10:12 PM
All Ohio

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by JediMaster View Post
Since you're still unclear, I'll try my best to lay it out even simpler for you.
First, thanks for the citations. Second, I am not unclear. Third, simpler might help. Lucidity on your part would be better.

The two references you link to both make the same claim, that without the explicit support of the USA, Britain and France were unwilling to challenge Hitler. I understand that, but that isn't the fault of the USA. Early on, Britain and France were both strong enough to challenge Hitler without our support e.g., Hitler was ready to run out of the Rhineland if the French challenged his occupation. But the French did not and Hitler grew emboldened. That's on France, not us. It is absolutely ridiculous to have expected the US to have fought a war in Europe which the British and French were unwilling to do so for themselves.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. Let's leave it at that.
Old 03-09-17, 10:30 PM
All Ohio

JediMaster is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by chs1971 View Post
First, thanks for the citations. Second, I am not unclear. Third, simpler might help. Lucidity on your part would be better.

The two references you link to both make the same claim, that without the explicit support of the USA, Britain and France were unwilling to challenge Hitler. I understand that, but that isn't the fault of the USA. Early on, Britain and France were both strong enough to challenge Hitler without our support e.g., Hitler was ready to run out of the Rhineland if the French challenged his occupation. But the French did not and Hitler grew emboldened. That's on France, not us. It is absolutely ridiculous to have expected the US to have fought a war in Europe which the British and French were unwilling to do so for themselves.

You're entitled to your opinion, but I disagree. Let's leave it at that.
That's fair, but with your philosophy just don't act surprised or concerned when things like terror organizations run rampant and put our citizens lives and interests in jeopardy because no one else over there is willing or able to act when necessary
Old 03-09-17, 10:47 PM
All Ohio

chs1971 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
That's fair, but with your philosophy ...
You have no idea what my philosophy is because that was never discussed.
Old 03-10-17, 10:27 AM
Cooling Off

Possessed is on a distinguished road
http://www.theblaze.com/news/2017/03...larious-twist/

Islam is a cancer. These people who defend it are ignoring the truth in favor of trying to appear enlightened or nonjudgmental. What's odd is, they turn their backs on the reality of Islam but... if you replaced the Muslims in this video and all over the world committing these atrocities with Christians they'd be up in arms trying to ban Christianity from the States.
Old 03-15-17, 10:28 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerDurden View Post
So then you agree with me, and disagree with falcon that is it the job of the judicial branch to rule on issues like this? You just don't agree with the ruling.

The only thing I'm "acting like" is that the courts do indeed have the authority to make the ruling they did.
You are correct that it is the job of the Judicial Branch to rule on these issues. But let's not pretend that even the Judiciary is politically motivated and that there is a reason all of these decisions end up in the 9th Circuit. They call the Court's rulings opinions for a reason, they are just that. This court happens to have the opinion that anything Donald Trump does is unconstitutional. It's not black and white, and frankly has just turned into a dog and pony show as of late.
Old 03-15-17, 10:44 AM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post

Islam is a cancer. These people who defend it are ignoring the truth in favor of trying to appear enlightened or nonjudgmental. What's odd is, they turn their backs on the reality of Islam but... if you replaced the Muslims in this video and all over the world committing these atrocities with Christians they'd be up in arms trying to ban Christianity from the States.
the Blaze?
Old 03-15-17, 04:26 PM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Possessed View Post

or, alternative theory

those that "defend" it are just defending people's right to practice (or not). It's American. If defending the constitution is "enlightened," I'll take it. If it is enlightened to defend my belief that Islam does not threaten MY faith, I'll take it.
Old 03-15-17, 04:28 PM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueJayFan View Post
the Blaze?
I'll probably never get tired of Mr. Buzzfeed #tryinghard to mock other people's sources.
Old 03-15-17, 05:36 PM
All Ohio

Altor is on a distinguished road
Especially since I don't know what could possibly be construed as biased in that specific link. The contents of the book were described fairly accurately. The quote from Ben Shapiro is right on the cover of the book.
Old 03-15-17, 06:30 PM
Cooling Off

Quote:
the Blaze?
You do realize the story is true, right?
Old 03-15-17, 06:34 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by eastisbest View Post
or, alternative theory

those that "defend" it are just defending people's right to practice (or not). It's American. If defending the constitution is "enlightened," I'll take it. If it is enlightened to defend my belief that Islam does not threaten MY faith, I'll take it.
Let's not even bring up violent extremism (ISIS, Al Qaeda, Muslim Brotherhood, Hamas, Hezbollah, Al Shabaab, etc.) yet; let's focus on the religion and how it's applied in conjunction with the law of the land. Virtually all Muslim-majority nations fail in realm of human rights when compared to the rest of civilized society, mainly due to their blatant disregard for personal freedom and harsh punishments for those who oppose them in any way. Honestly, why do you want to throw your general, blanketed support for an entire religion when the people you and I both want coming to this country do not represent the majority of that religion?

It's been discussed over and over before; as long as they can practice their religion without practicing what a majority of the followers of Islam believe in, they're more than welcome to do that and contribute to our society in a positive way. Because those types of people are the exceptions and not the rule, STRICT vetting followed by constant improvement of the vetting process must be the way going forward to insure compatible people are coming into our country.
Old 03-15-17, 07:09 PM
All World

BlueJayFan is on a distinguished road
Halted by a federal judge
Old 03-15-17, 07:16 PM
All Ohio

Quote:
With a clear political agenda

You're continual support for judicial overreach is telling but not suprising; there was nothing constitutionally wrong with the new EO.
Old 03-15-17, 08:29 PM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Subject to further review........ this is emboldening the people that understand the judicial branch is more politicized than Congress.
Old 03-16-17, 05:46 AM
All American

bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking

Quote:
even MsNBS and CNN had people on their shows saying that this Federal (REALLY) doesn't have a chance of making this stick......

just some LIBERAL judge.....that will be proven WRONG......
Old 03-16-17, 05:48 AM
All American

bigkat is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
With a clear political agenda

You're continual support for judicial overreach is telling but not suprising; there was nothing constitutionally wrong with the new EO.
that Monkey doesn't have a CLUE on a lot of things...and he just proved it again.......
Old 03-16-17, 08:56 AM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
I wonder if these judges realize they're only going to strengthen Trump when their rulings eventually get shot down?
Old 03-16-17, 09:51 AM
All District

BGFalcons82 is on a distinguished road
Turns out Obama met with the "judge", whom he's known for decades and went to school with back in the "sealed transcripts" days of yore. Why doesn't that a-hole act like an ex-president and get on with the rest of his sorry life? Does he think he can run again?
Old 03-16-17, 11:28 AM
All Yappi

fish82 will become famous soon enough
Interesting development with the 5 9th Circuit judges expressing their legal support for the immigration pause.
Old 03-16-17, 11:38 AM
Junior Varsity

mcm.1019 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGFalcons82 View Post
Turns out Obama met with the "judge", whom he's known for decades and went to school with back in the "sealed transcripts" days of yore. Why doesn't that a-hole act like an ex-president and get on with the rest of his sorry life? Does he think he can run again?
He didn't know how to be President, so he surely has no idea how to be an ex-President either!
Old 03-16-17, 11:46 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by fish82 View Post
Interesting development with the 5 9th Circuit judges expressing their legal support for the immigration pause.
Gtfo...
Old 03-16-17, 11:47 AM
Cooling Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigkat View Post
that Monkey doesn't have a CLUE on a lot of things...and he just proved it again.......
Lol milking that monkey thing for all it's worth...
Old 03-16-17, 05:41 PM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGFalcons82 View Post
I saw that story to. Here's a link to more on it:

http://www.patdollard.com/d-c-reside...avel-decision/

Pretty amazing and quite a coincidence that the ex POTUS should be in town visiting with his old Judge buddy right before he files his ruling. I wonder if they met on the airport tarmac and talked about their families or is that just Loretta Lynch's style of operating?

While everyone focuses on president Trump, Obama is moving into uncharted constitutional waters here. I mean at what point does he just come out and declare he is the leader of a shadow government in opposition to the duly elected POTUS?
Old 03-17-17, 05:23 AM
All World

irish_buffalo is on a distinguished road
It's funny watching you fringe Obama haters regurgitate and believe each other's BS. So Obama convinced a judge to rule this way? Lol. You guys sound JUST like the left wing radicals that blamed everything on Bush II.

It is also nice to see that checks and balances of power still reign under our democratic government.
Old 03-17-17, 05:46 AM
All Yappi

eastisbest will become famous soon enough
This doesn't seem a checks and balances. This seems a system that puts a lot of control and expense into the hands of a locally, sometimes politically appointed and non-elected position. They position doesn't even have to site law. Doesn't have repercussions if law is not sited or sited wildly incorrectly.

The checks and balances haven't begun but the expense has.
Old 03-17-17, 07:12 AM
All World

Gh0st is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post
It's funny watching you fringe Obama haters regurgitate and believe each other's BS. So Obama convinced a judge to rule this way? Lol. You guys sound JUST like the left wing radicals that blamed everything on Bush II.

It is also nice to see that checks and balances of power still reign under our democratic government.
I'm certainly not taking it to the bank. But it isn't an unreasonable story. In fact from start to finish there are quite a few smoking guns.
Old 03-17-17, 07:16 AM
All American

Taco MacArthur has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by bob22 View Post
[IMG]https://cdn-images-1.medium.com/max/800/1*7yGwtkn-CJcTfas4qnK6pw.jpeg[/IMG]
Try again, bob
Old 03-17-17, 09:38 AM
All Yappi

lotr10 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by irish_buffalo View Post

To be clear I don't think Obama had to convince this judge of anything as they are likely ideological soul mates. I suspect it was more about planning how & when the judge's ruling would be rolled out. This is all about coordinating the Judge's ruling with the rest of the "resistance".

BTW, this has nothing to do with "checks & balances". What we have here is a case of a partial judicial coup. Like the Washington State judge this obscure judge from Hawaii has usurped the authority of the POTUS to manage immigration.
Old 03-17-17, 09:50 AM
All Yappi

SWMCinci is on a distinguished road
This isn't even worthy of conversation, because it's one liberal judge who wants to preserve the status quo.

When it will get interesting as Congress considers a budget that actually cuts money from various programs and everyone sucking on the government teat screams bloody murder. Wait until Obamascam gets repealed and they turn Medicare over to the states...... Wait until states start screaming about having to shoulder various costs as the federal government gets out of school funding.... the American Taxpayers are going to be finding out that all the takers actually believe they are ENTITLED to a share of their wallet.
Old 03-17-17, 12:33 PM
All American

Neopolitan is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by SWMCinci View Post
This isn't even worthy of conversation, because it's one liberal judge who wants to preserve the status quo.

When it will get interesting as Congress considers a budget that actually cuts money from various programs and everyone sucking on the government teat screams bloody murder. Wait until Obamascam gets repealed and they turn Medicare over to the states...... Wait until states start screaming about having to shoulder various costs as the federal government gets out of school funding.... the American Taxpayers are going to be finding out that all the takers actually believe they are ENTITLED to a share of their wallet.
I'm in complete agreement on principle. But from what I've seen of the budget this isn't what's happening.

When you promise to cut spending but refuse to make real cuts to entitlements, stuff like medical research and Meals on Wheels(and yes I'm aware meals on wheels isn't being directly cut, but you get the point) get the short end of the stick.

Now I'm not so sure either of those things shouldn't get reduced funding, but along with the foreign aid talking point it's a drop in the bucket and quite frankly an insulting attempt at distraction to intelligent conservatives when compared to social security, medicare, and medicaid which make up the majority of waste.

On a federal level it doesn't seem like either party is interested in real cuts to entitlements, they just bicker about what gets what share. But here's hoping I'm wrong.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: